32bit Easysocket

I have recently been writing a program using easysocket but now I have
an Iyonix I have found that easysocket is not 32bit and doesn't work
with aemulor. Does anyone know if there is a 32bit version planned or
where I could find some information on writing internet programs
without easysocket?
--
Is windows a game? Do I need a joystick? Are there any cheats?
comp.sys.acorn.programmer 2499 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <87caf02e.0306271404.78a02350@posting.google.com>,
   Adrian Lees <AdrianLees@compuserve.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Stefan Bellon for reporting the change in Internet SWI error
> codes with RO5, now hidden by versions of Aemulor > 2.10.

Yeah, nearly broke the socket use in AntiSpam, Dave Higton had no way of
testing that[1] and it took me nearly a week to find the problem.
Then when I mentioned it on the Iyonix group Stefan pointed out that the
info was on the Iyonix web site (if I'd looked properly[2]) - Doh!

[1] No Iyonix...
[2] RTFM as they always say.

--
What kind of insanity destroys fields
to replace what already exists?
AdrianLees@compuserve.com (Adrian Lees) wrote:

> Thanks to Stefan Bellon for reporting the change in Internet SWI error
> codes with RO5, now hidden by versions of Aemulor > 2.10.

What exactly has changed?

--
Stewart Brodie
In message <gemini.3efdc7ee0023799a%stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com>
          Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> AdrianLees@compuserve.com (Adrian Lees) wrote:
>
> > Thanks to Stefan Bellon for reporting the change in Internet SWI error
> > codes with RO5, now hidden by versions of Aemulor > 2.10.
>
> What exactly has changed?

I presume he's talking about the fact that socket SWIs in RO5 now return
error numbers which conform to the information in the PRMs.

Alan

--
RISC OS - you know it makes cents
0
          AdrianLees@compuserve.com (Adrian Lees) wrote:

> Thanks to Stefan Bellon for reporting the change in Internet SWI error
> codes with RO5, now hidden by versions of Aemulor > 2.10.

You mean the change I told you about at the Midlands show last year
after I got bitten by it when porting SocketWatch to Iyonix ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/

0
tom1137 (55)

See http://www.iyonix.com/32bit/internet.shtml

--
Stefan Bellon
0
Stefan Bellon <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote:

> Stewart Brodie wrote:
> > AdrianLees@compuserve.com (Adrian Lees) wrote:
>
> > > Thanks to Stefan Bellon for reporting the change in Internet SWI
> > > error codes with RO5, now hidden by versions of Aemulor > 2.10.
>
> > What exactly has changed?
>
> See http://www.iyonix.com/32bit/internet.shtml

So the SWIs return error numbers of &20E00+errno, and the C library
interface turns that into -1 return+set errno.

So no change there then.  What's the problem here??

--
Stewart Brodie
In message <gemini.3efddf5100072316%stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com>
          Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> So the SWIs return error numbers of &20E00+errno, and the C library
> interface turns that into -1 return+set errno.
>
> So no change there then.  What's the problem here??

The problem is for programs that call the SWIs directly, or use OSLib
and hence don't get the numbers converted by the library.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/

0
tom1137 (55)
6/28/2003 6:36:57 PM
Tom Hughes <tom@compton.nu> wrote:

> In message <gemini.3efddf5100072316%stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com>
>           Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > So the SWIs return error numbers of &20E00+errno, and the C library
> > interface turns that into -1 return+set errno.
> >
> > So no change there then.  What's the problem here??
>
> The problem is for programs that call the SWIs directly, or use OSLib
> and hence don't get the numbers converted by the library.

So how come those programs worked in the past given that it's always (well
at least 10 years!) been like that?

--
Stewart Brodie
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Stewart Brodie wrote:

> Stefan Bellon <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote:
>
> > Stewart Brodie wrote:

> > > What exactly has changed?
> >
> > See http://www.iyonix.com/32bit/internet.shtml
>
> So the SWIs return error numbers of &20E00+errno, and the C library
> interface turns that into -1 return+set errno.
>
> So no change there then.  What's the problem here??

The fact that there is a change. Other versions of the Internet module
have always returned errno from their SWIs. This behaviour was (IIRC)
noted in the sources but it has been retained over the various versions
of the Internet module in order to maintain compatibility with all earlier
versions of software.

I assume that since software has to be rebuilt for RISC OS 5, it was
decided that losing this backwards compatibility would not be an issue. Of
course, any software that expects to work in both old and new environments
has to now be aware of this and provide two sets of error checks.

--
Gerph {djf0-.3w6e2w2.226,6q6w2q2,2.3,2m4}
.... Always confusing the thoughts in my head; so I can't trust myself anymore
          Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Tom Hughes <tom@compton.nu> wrote:
>
> > In message <gemini.3efddf5100072316%stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com>
> >           Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > > So the SWIs return error numbers of &20E00+errno, and the C library
> > > interface turns that into -1 return+set errno.
> > >
> > > So no change there then.  What's the problem here??
> >
> > The problem is for programs that call the SWIs directly, or use OSLib
> > and hence don't get the numbers converted by the library.
>
> So how come those programs worked in the past given that it's always (well
> at least 10 years!) been like that?

Because it hasn't always been like that! It was *documented* that way
but in actual fact the module used to return unix style error numbers
without the &20E00 offset. That was fixed in RO5 but existing code then
fell over.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/

0
tom1137 (55)
6/28/2003 7:51:46 PM
In message <gemini.3efde69600149b44%stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com>
          Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Tom Hughes <tom@compton.nu> wrote:
>
> > In message <gemini.3efddf5100072316%stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com>
> >           Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > > So the SWIs return error numbers of &20E00+errno, and the C library
> > > interface turns that into -1 return+set errno.
> > >
> > > So no change there then.  What's the problem here??
> >
> > The problem is for programs that call the SWIs directly, or use OSLib
> > and hence don't get the numbers converted by the library.
>
> So how come those programs worked in the past given that it's always (well
> at least 10 years!) been like that?

They worked because we ignored what the PRM said. They no longer work on
the Iyonix.

Alan

--
RISC OS - you know it makes cents
0
spamhater1 (1060)
6/28/2003 8:10:01 PM
On 28 Jun 2003 Tom Hughes <tom@compton.nu> wrote:
> In message <gemini.3efde69600149b44%stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com>
>           Stewart Brodie <stewart.brodie@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Tom Hughes <tom@compton.nu> wrote:

>>> The problem is for programs that call the SWIs directly, or use OSLib and
>>> hence don't get the numbers converted by the library.
>>
>> So how come those programs worked in the past given that it's always (well
>> at least 10 years!) been like that?
>
> Because it hasn't always been like that! It was *documented* that way but
> in actual fact the module used to return unix style error numbers without
> the &20E00 offset. That was fixed in RO5 but existing code then fell over.

Only code which didn't include :-

  /*
   * PRMs state error code should be SWIbase+errno, but isn't currently
   * ensure it works correctly should this be fixed in the future
   */
  if(errno > InetSWI_Base)
  	errno -= InetSWI_Base;

---druck

news5843 (7461)
6/28/2003 8:39:20 PM
On 28 Jun 2003 Tom Hughes <tom@compton.nu> wrote:
> In message <fb3ad0094c.druck@druck.freeuk.net>
>           druck <news@druck.freeuk.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28 Jun 2003 Tom Hughes <tom@compton.nu> wrote:
>>
>>> Because it hasn't always been like that! It was *documented* that way but
>>> in actual fact the module used to return unix style error numbers without
>>> the &20E00 offset. That was fixed in RO5 but existing code then fell
>>> over.
>>
>> Only code which didn't include :-
>>
>>   /*
>>    * PRMs state error code should be SWIbase+errno, but isn't currently
>>    * ensure it works correctly should this be fixed in the future
>>    */
>>   if(errno > InetSWI_Base)
>>   	errno -= InetSWI_Base;
>
> Well obviously, but as I started writing Internet code before Acorn
> deigned to document the Socket SWIs I head never read that part of
> the PRM in sufficient detail to notice that the error numbers were
> supposed to have that offset.

Acorn did document in the TCP/IP developers kit, but that cost money
(can you beleive having to pay for an internet stack in those days)
and being a bit of a skin flint, you decided to write your own didn't
you :-)

---druck

news5843 (7461)
6/28/2003 11:00:56 PM
Tom Hughes <tom@compton.nu> wrote in message news:<2486c1094c.tom@loxley.compton.nu>...
> In message <87caf02e.0306271404.78a02350@posting.google.com>
>           AdrianLees@compuserve.com (Adrian Lees) wrote:
>
> > Thanks to Stefan Bellon for reporting the change in Internet SWI error
> > codes with RO5, now hidden by versions of Aemulor > 2.10.
>
> You mean the change I told you about at the Midlands show last year
> after I got bitten by it when porting SocketWatch to Iyonix ;-)

Oops, sorry! :-) I honestly don't remember you saying that.... next time,
get me to write it on my scribblepad and it won't(/is less likely to)
be forgotten.... Aemulor has to support a lot of apps and a lot of changes
and my memory isn't perfect. You might just save me some time! ;-)

Still, we're getting there....

Adrian
0
AdrianLees (21)

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

RISCOS/Acorn Eprom programmer
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Cheers all, - Chris. In message <3fdd0a07$0$10357$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk> "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 > A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Did you try IFEL's web site ? I think they were selling one not so long ago <http://users.argonet.co.uk/ifel> (or there abouts) -- J�r�me Mathevet On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:10:31 -0000, "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 >A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. What'd you be willing to pay ? John Kortink -- Email : kortink@inter.nl.net Homepage : http://www.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink ViewFinder, the high performance graphics card for RISC PC's : visit http://www.windfall.nl for more details and pricing. ...

Manual for Acorn Desktop C (repost from c.s.a.programmer)
I've got one set of manuals - well I had the discs as well, but have disposed of them - for Acorn ANSI C release 4. I'm about to dispose of the manuals as well; unless somebody has a use for them. I'm after =A310 to cover carriage and handling. If nobody replies before 1pm, i'll be disposing of them via the trash... Dave ...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

com.sys & vcom.sys
It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com drivers. After installation I removed the entries from config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's the cure? :-) Wayne -- While the e-mail address in this post is genuine it is only used as a spamtrap. Any mail sent to me at this address will be considered to be spam and deleted without being read. Wayne wrote: > It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I > did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com > drivers. After installation I removed the entries from > config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they > won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's > the cure? :-) They must come after mouse/vmouse/pointdd device drivers in the config.sys file. Stu/2 On Tuesday 05 Oct 2004 17:06 Stewart Buckingham wrote: >> It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I >> did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com >> drivers. After installation I removed the entries from >> config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they >> won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's >> the cure? :-) > > They must come after mouse/vmouse/pointdd device drivers in the > config.sys file. I believe they are, I checked while I was...

SYSMAN: No SYS$SCRATCH/SYS$LOGIN ?
$ mc sysman SYSMAN> set env/node=velo %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: Individual nodes: VELO Username JFMEZEI will be used on nonlocal nodes SYSMAN> do show log sys$scratch %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node VELO %SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name SYS$SCRATCH SYSMAN> There is also no SYS$LOGIN defined. (VAX 7,3 and Alpha 8.3) What is the reason behind the lack of those logicals ? JF Mezei wrote: > $ mc sysman > SYSMAN> set env/node=velo > %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: > Individual nodes:...

work for Calrion programmer (programmer needed)
Hi, we need a Clarion programmer to do some work in Calrion environment (need to fix some things in Clarion database) please e-mail to nick@primedebtsoft.com What kind of things? Is this extensive or just a simple verify app? How much? -- Thanks, John Hamilton POSitive Software Company http://www.gopositive.com "PrimeDebt Soft" <sal@primedebtsoft.com> wrote in message news:f408276d.0307281220.4951036f@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > we need a Clarion programmer to do some work in Calrion environment > (need to fix some things in Clarion database) > > please e-mail to nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

SQLRef
Dear All Software Developers, I am a hardcore programmer who treat programming as a hobby. Recently, I have just created a website (http://www.sqlref.com) to share my knowledge and programming experience and to record down any new tricks that I learned. This website started with SQL info. becaue I think SQL is the most basic but must know thing for all software developers. Eventually, I will make this website covers other topics such as .NET, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and so on. I will update it everyday. I think all developers should be able to access the SQL reference / Guide at any time, any place. Thus, I created this website for anybody who need reference on SQL. While you are doing programming and stuck with the SQL syntax, just open you web browser and type http://www.sqlref.com to look for you answer. I guess sqlref.com is easy enought to remember. No registration is required because I am not selling or marketing anything. Just a website for programmers to refer. I hope the website is useful to you all. Enjoy! Warmest Regards, Allen A hardcore programmer using Frontpage to build an ad-ridden site? Nice, real classy. <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="_themes/blends-sql-ref/blen1011.css"><meta name="Microsoft Theme" content="blends-sql-ref 1011"> Thanks for your effort...site almost did not load in Firefox, and loading in FF is probably also a hard-core criterion...I imagine FP is what y...

SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
Basically, the idea is that stuff specific to a given node will be in its SYS$SPECIFIC directory and stuff common to all nodes (satellites or not) booting from the same system disk will be in SYS$COMMON. A good idea as far as it goes, but does it go far enough? In particular, there are two additional categories, which I'll give the obvious names SYS$CLUSTER and SYS$WORLD. SYS$CLUSTER would include stuff common to all nodes in a cluster, i.e. would differ from SYS$COMMON if there is more than one system disk in the cluster. The obvious place for this stuff is somewhere which is not on ANY system disk. SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGICALS.TEMPLATE provides (at least in newer versions of VMS, starting with 7.2 I believe) a list of at least the most common candidates among VMS system files. Add to this procedures to mount disks in a cluster, SYLOGIN.COM etc. (Obviously, I'm thinking of a cluster where as much as possible is shared.) SYS$WORLD, on the other hand, would include stuff which is common to ALL VMS system disks in the world, e.g. the executables used by VMS itself. Obviously, this should be on EVERY system disk. Put another way, the current SYS$COMMON is a mixture of stuff common to all nodes which boot from that disk, stuff common to all VMS systems in the world and, if the stuff is not located somewhere else (pointed to by logicals in the case of VMS system files), stuff common to all nodes in the cluster (perhaps duplicated on more than one system...

com.sys and usbser.sys question
I got a question, for those knowing more about that matter than myself, which shouldn't be hard ;-) Temporarily having 2 phone lines at my disposal, I wanted to put my old modem back to use as a phone number dialer, using the BonusPack PIM Phonebook application. But I had quite some trouble to get my COM1 port to work at all with any comm application. It finally turned out, that COM.SYS has to be loaded before USBSER.SYS, since otherwise USBSER.SYS is hijacking COM1 unnoticed. Now, in the order shown below, it assigns itself to COM6 (if not remed out), but COM1 still d...

Any programmers out there
Working on a run-time soultion. Need a small program that will: launch a graphic splash screen launch the run time in full screen mode close when the app opens and sends a dde close (or something) to the spalsh app. I've been able to do this with installer programs, but they always have a full screen or a hard coded dialog. The issue is that the run time takes 2-8 seconds to load with no user feed-back. Thanks -- ------------------------------------------------- Captain Guy s/v Island Time (Beneteau 352#277) AICW 845.5 386-689-5088 ...

work for Calrion programmer (programmer needed) #2
Hello: My client has a software he uses for his business wich is written in Clarion. The company he purhcased it from went out of business so he can not reach them to fix it. Recently we had area code changed so he needs to have it changed in the program. There is no option to do so. The address, phone number and company name are entered in the program during the initial registration and can not be altered later. This is some kind of protection against piracy. This information is stored in a password protected .tps file. and of course we do not know the password. So I was woundering if I can get somebody who will be able to break the password, open this file and change the area code somehow. Please e-mail or call me if you think you can get it done and I'll send you the file. Thanks a lot. Best regards, Nick Varntiski Prime Debt Soft LLC 2901 Pine Run Rd., Suite 204 Naples, FL 34109 1.866.4.P.D.SOFT 1.239.403.4PDS (Technical Support) mail@primedebtsoft.com http://www.primedebtsoft.com I know there was a post on here a year or two ago regaurding password cracking. Someone had figured it out eventhough SV had told him there was no way. He did it and they said, "Well I guess you have". So it can be done. -- Thanks, John Hamilton POSitive Software Company http://www.gopositive.com "PrimeDebt Soft" <sal@primedebtsoft.com> wrote in message news:f408276d.0307311756.62a6c11c@posting.google.com... > Hello: > > My client has a sof...

programms
I have some cad's programms catalogue: ed_de@SoftHome.net Send me a catalogue. dukedb@gmail.com ...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

programms
2006/July/16-to-2005/Dec/01 new CAD programs cadword@bigmir.net (cadword#bigmir.net) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 2006/07/16 Tecplot.360.v11.0.1/RS6.v10.0.7 2006/07/16 SynaptiCAD.AllProducts.v11.06a 2006/07/13 GibbsCAM.2006.v8.0 2006/07/13 GibbsCAM.2005.v7.7.17.Network.Edition 2006/07/13 Fluent.Gambit.v2.3.16(Win/Linux) 2006/07/13 Fluent.TGrid.v4.0.16(Win/Linux) 2006/07/13 Robobat.CBS.Pro.v19.0.Build.19.0.5.2146.Multilanguage 2006/07/13 Altera.Quartus.II.v6.0.SP1 2006/07/13 AAS.MIDUSS.v2.2 2006/07/13 Cadlink.ProfileLab.2D.7.1.rev.1.Build.5 2CD...

The difference between programmable and non-programmable logic--if there is one.
A recent Real World Technology article makes a big deal about the difference between programmable and non-programmable logic in talking about Intel's latest GPU's. So far as I know, every electronic circuit derives its usefulness from its ability to behave differently depending on state that comes from somewhere else. What's the difference between that and "programmable?" The Von Neumann-Turing computing model is fairly rigid. It imagines an instruction stream driving the processing of a data stream. This model is already broken in numerous ways: interrupts, microcode, network inputs, peripheral cards, and all kinds of stuff outside the instruction stream that describe how a computer actually behaves. Hacking exploits the fact that "instructions" don't have to come labeled as such and that nominally fixed-function logic can be made to do all kinds of strange things if you punch the right buttons in the right order. Will we ever get past the current hack (instructions+data=computation)? Or will we just keep adding fuzz to an arbitrarily rigid model of computation? Robert. On 10/22/2011 6:14 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > A recent Real World Technology article makes a big deal about the > difference between programmable and non-programmable logic in talking > about Intel's latest GPU's. > > So far as I know, every electronic circuit derives its usefulness from > its ability to behave differently dep...

problem with reload(sys) (doing reload on the sys module)
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information. **************************************************************** Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback interface. This connection is not visible on any external interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet. **************************************************************** IDLE 1.1.2 >&g...

sys.stdout / sys.stderr, subprocess, redirection
Hello, I have a piece of code that gets run in a script that has its stdout closed: import sys sys.stdout = sys.stderr c = subprocess.Popen (..., stdin = subprocess.PIPE, stdout = subprocess.PIPE, stderr = subprocess.STDOUT) and this is what I get: Sending SVNR/permissions Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow): svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output: Traceback (most recent call last): (...) File ".../__init__.py", line 40, in run stderr...

Programmers
I'm looking for a contract programmer to do some rather intricate SW customization. I can be contacted at gmann@factorone.ca Greg Mann ...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

few programmers
left many obscurists not many people with the mental capacity to manage universal systems ...

Web resources about - 32bit Easysocket - comp.sys.acorn.programmer

Easy Socket Class - Apex Logic
NOTE: This Library is depreciated. Please refer to the MyNetwork Library. This is a class that will allow beginners to use c++ TCP streaming ...