A Challenge :-)

I have a challenge for anyone that feels like it. I would like to be
able to print directly from the red squirril acorn emulator to a USB
connected printer.

can anyone write something to make this possible? Is anyone bored
enough to give it a go? Is there anything already written?

Answers on a postcard to my email address.

Thanks
Jon
0
dallimoj (58)
7/3/2003 10:53:02 AM
comp.sys.acorn.programmer 2499 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In message <ac1ea620.0307030253.6df602db@posting.google.com>
          dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk (Jon Dallimore) wrote:

> I have a challenge for anyone that feels like it. I would like to be
> able to print directly from the red squirril acorn emulator to a USB
> connected printer.

Depends what you mean, printing to a USB printer is simple.

(In RedSquirrel) Load !Printers, get driver, middle button on icon bar
"Printer Control", middle button on required driver choose "Connection".

Choose "File" enter "HostFS::printername", where name is name of your
printer - replace any spaces with "_" or rename printer.

I just printed to HostFS::fred to a USB connected HP Laserjet 1200,
using HPLJ4 RISC OS driver.

Now, if you meant a printer for which there is no Acorn driver, then you
have to play the !Uniprint lark.

--
___
 |im    ---- ARM Powered ----
0
tim8806 (59)
7/6/2003 7:01:21 PM
In message <91f2e50d4c.tim@worthy.demon.co.uk>
          Tim Howarth <tim@worthy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <ac1ea620.0307030253.6df602db@posting.google.com>
>           dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk (Jon Dallimore) wrote:
>
> > I have a challenge for anyone that feels like it. I would like to be
> > able to print directly from the red squirril acorn emulator to a USB
> > connected printer.
>
> Choose "File" enter "HostFS::printername", where name is name of your

"printername" is name...

--
___
 |im    ---- ARM Powered ----
0
tim8806 (59)
7/6/2003 7:03:13 PM
Tim Howarth <tim@worthy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<411ee60d4c.tim@worthy.demon.co.uk>...
> In message <91f2e50d4c.tim@worthy.demon.co.uk>
>           Tim Howarth <tim@worthy.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In message <ac1ea620.0307030253.6df602db@posting.google.com>
> >           dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk (Jon Dallimore) wrote:
> >
> > > I have a challenge for anyone that feels like it. I would like to be
> > > able to print directly from the red squirril acorn emulator to a USB
> > > connected printer.
> >
> > Choose "File" enter "HostFS::printername", where name is name of your
>
> "printername" is name...

ok... well Im using a Lexmark X74 all in one scanner and printer. I
dont care about the scanner, is there a risc os driver for the
printer?
0
dallimoj (58)
7/7/2003 6:41:11 PM
In message <ac1ea620.0307071041.70d9a73a@posting.google.com>
          dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk (Jon Dallimore) wrote:

> Tim Howarth <tim@worthy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<411ee60d4c.tim@worthy.demon.co.uk>...
> > In message <91f2e50d4c.tim@worthy.demon.co.uk>
> >           Tim Howarth <tim@worthy.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Choose "File" enter "HostFS::printername", where name is name of your
> >
> > "printername" is name...
>
> ok... well Im using a Lexmark X74 all in one scanner and printer. I
> dont care about the scanner, is there a risc os driver for the
> printer?

Sounds very much like this is one of these Windows-only printers
(a so-called GDI printer), so, in that case, no, there is no driver.

That reminds me: Pace had a GDI driver for Lexmark printers for their
set-top boxes. Now that Castle have their code, they should be able to
issue a version of !Printers that finally supports GDI printers...

Martin
Martin Wuerthner       MW Software      martin@invalidMW-software.com
                                        remove "invalid" to reply
martin7551 (398)
7/8/2003 11:48:55 AM
In message <ac1ea620.0307061044.17dccd48@posting.google.com>
          dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk (Jon Dallimore) wrote:

> Alan Wrigley <spamhater@keepyourfilthyspamtoyourself.co.uk> wrote in message news:<90e62e0c4c.spamhater@keepyourfilthyspamtoyourself.co.uk>...
> > In message <ac1ea620.0307030253.6df602db@posting.google.com>
> >           dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk (Jon Dallimore) wrote:
> >
> > > I have a challenge for anyone that feels like it. I would like to be
> > > able to print directly from the red squirril acorn emulator to a USB
> > > connected printer.
> >
> > UniPrint should be able to do this.
> >
> > Alan
>
> Where can I get a copy?

R-Comp.

> Can I download It?

Nope.

Alan

--
RISC OS - you know it makes cents
0

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

Z80 Programmers' Challenge
Hi there! Been having a look at the SE Basic source, which I haven't touched for nearly 12 months. No time to work on it since I'm going to New Zealand, but I did get as far as adding new TOKENS to Basic. So here's an appeal. Can someone please extract the TRACE command from the TK95 ROM, the ON ERROR command from the TS2068 ROM, and the RENUM command from the Spanish 128 Editor ROM. I'd like to include them in SE Basic, but I don't have the time or resources to do this myself. I have already added EDIT, DELETE and SYSTEM commands (the last of which sets up additional hard...

Defending a Linux Programmer is a Challenge....
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/11/reisers-attorne.html#previouspost "DuBois said Hans Reiser has memorized thousands of pages of pretrial court documents, and can cite a page by memory -- making defending him "a challenging thing." If he could only recall where he *lost* his wife...... Further proof that many Linux people, especially COLA zealots, are LOONY TOONS.... Take a look at that guys picture. He even looks crazy,,, -- Moshe Goldfarb Collector of soaps from around the globe. Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Moshe Gold...

RISCOS/Acorn Eprom programmer
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Cheers all, - Chris. In message <3fdd0a07$0$10357$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk> "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 > A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Did you try IFEL's web site ? I think they were selling one not so long ago <http://users.argonet.co.uk/ifel> (or there abouts) -- J�r�me Mathevet On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:10:31 -0000, "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 >A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. What'd you be willing to pay ? John Kortink -- Email : kortink@inter.nl.net Homepage : http://www.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink ViewFinder, the high performance graphics card for RISC PC's : visit http://www.windfall.nl for more details and pricing. ...

A real challenge for real PHP programmers

The RUN CHASE: A Challenge for the C Programmer in U...
In a game of cricket, 1. Assume you can score exactly as you want on each ball. 2. Single/Double/Triple/Four/Six are the options available to you on each ball.(no extras) 3. RISK is defined as the square of the score on each ball. * * * * Write a program that accepts:- a. Target runs to score (N) b. No. of balls to score it in (x) and prints the runs to score on each ball. Remember U have to ACHIEVE the target with MINIMUM RISK possible. For detailed problem statement and sample output plz refer http://2600hertz.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/ipl-the-run-chase/ Lets C wh...

Manual for Acorn Desktop C (repost from c.s.a.programmer)
I've got one set of manuals - well I had the discs as well, but have disposed of them - for Acorn ANSI C release 4. I'm about to dispose of the manuals as well; unless somebody has a use for them. I'm after =A310 to cover carriage and handling. If nobody replies before 1pm, i'll be disposing of them via the trash... Dave ...

From Scripting to Scaling: Multi-core is challenging even the most battle-scared programmer
I don't see why learning Fortran 95 (or enough C++) should be such a hurdle for people who have problems that are taking too long run in Matlab or Python. A related thread from June 2009 in this newsgroup was "Should Fortran be taught to Undergraduates?" http://www.scientificcomputing.com/articles-HPC-From-Scripting-to-Scaling-0= 41210.aspx From Scripting to Scaling Multi-core is challenging even the most battle-scared programmer Craig Lucas Over the past year or so, whenever I talk to anyone involved in the support of researchers who use HPC facilities and the subj...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

work for Calrion programmer (programmer needed)
Hi, we need a Clarion programmer to do some work in Calrion environment (need to fix some things in Clarion database) please e-mail to nick@primedebtsoft.com What kind of things? Is this extensive or just a simple verify app? How much? -- Thanks, John Hamilton POSitive Software Company http://www.gopositive.com "PrimeDebt Soft" <sal@primedebtsoft.com> wrote in message news:f408276d.0307281220.4951036f@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > we need a Clarion programmer to do some work in Calrion environment > (need to fix some things in Clarion database) > > please e-mail to nick@primedebtsoft.com ...

com.sys and usbser.sys question
I got a question, for those knowing more about that matter than myself, which shouldn't be hard ;-) Temporarily having 2 phone lines at my disposal, I wanted to put my old modem back to use as a phone number dialer, using the BonusPack PIM Phonebook application. But I had quite some trouble to get my COM1 port to work at all with any comm application. It finally turned out, that COM.SYS has to be loaded before USBSER.SYS, since otherwise USBSER.SYS is hijacking COM1 unnoticed. Now, in the order shown below, it assigns itself to COM6 (if not remed out), but COM1 still d...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

SQLRef
Dear All Software Developers, I am a hardcore programmer who treat programming as a hobby. Recently, I have just created a website (http://www.sqlref.com) to share my knowledge and programming experience and to record down any new tricks that I learned. This website started with SQL info. becaue I think SQL is the most basic but must know thing for all software developers. Eventually, I will make this website covers other topics such as .NET, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and so on. I will update it everyday. I think all developers should be able to access the SQL reference / Guide at any time, any place. Thus, I created this website for anybody who need reference on SQL. While you are doing programming and stuck with the SQL syntax, just open you web browser and type http://www.sqlref.com to look for you answer. I guess sqlref.com is easy enought to remember. No registration is required because I am not selling or marketing anything. Just a website for programmers to refer. I hope the website is useful to you all. Enjoy! Warmest Regards, Allen A hardcore programmer using Frontpage to build an ad-ridden site? Nice, real classy. <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="_themes/blends-sql-ref/blen1011.css"><meta name="Microsoft Theme" content="blends-sql-ref 1011"> Thanks for your effort...site almost did not load in Firefox, and loading in FF is probably also a hard-core criterion...I imagine FP is what y...

com.sys & vcom.sys
It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com drivers. After installation I removed the entries from config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's the cure? :-) Wayne -- While the e-mail address in this post is genuine it is only used as a spamtrap. Any mail sent to me at this address will be considered to be spam and deleted without being read. Wayne wrote: > It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I > did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com > drivers. After installation I removed the entries from > config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they > won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's > the cure? :-) They must come after mouse/vmouse/pointdd device drivers in the config.sys file. Stu/2 On Tuesday 05 Oct 2004 17:06 Stewart Buckingham wrote: >> It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I >> did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com >> drivers. After installation I removed the entries from >> config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they >> won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's >> the cure? :-) > > They must come after mouse/vmouse/pointdd device drivers in the > config.sys file. I believe they are, I checked while I was...

SYSMAN: No SYS$SCRATCH/SYS$LOGIN ?
$ mc sysman SYSMAN> set env/node=velo %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: Individual nodes: VELO Username JFMEZEI will be used on nonlocal nodes SYSMAN> do show log sys$scratch %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node VELO %SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name SYS$SCRATCH SYSMAN> There is also no SYS$LOGIN defined. (VAX 7,3 and Alpha 8.3) What is the reason behind the lack of those logicals ? JF Mezei wrote: > $ mc sysman > SYSMAN> set env/node=velo > %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: > Individual nodes:...

SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
Basically, the idea is that stuff specific to a given node will be in its SYS$SPECIFIC directory and stuff common to all nodes (satellites or not) booting from the same system disk will be in SYS$COMMON. A good idea as far as it goes, but does it go far enough? In particular, there are two additional categories, which I'll give the obvious names SYS$CLUSTER and SYS$WORLD. SYS$CLUSTER would include stuff common to all nodes in a cluster, i.e. would differ from SYS$COMMON if there is more than one system disk in the cluster. The obvious place for this stuff is somewhere which is not on ANY system disk. SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGICALS.TEMPLATE provides (at least in newer versions of VMS, starting with 7.2 I believe) a list of at least the most common candidates among VMS system files. Add to this procedures to mount disks in a cluster, SYLOGIN.COM etc. (Obviously, I'm thinking of a cluster where as much as possible is shared.) SYS$WORLD, on the other hand, would include stuff which is common to ALL VMS system disks in the world, e.g. the executables used by VMS itself. Obviously, this should be on EVERY system disk. Put another way, the current SYS$COMMON is a mixture of stuff common to all nodes which boot from that disk, stuff common to all VMS systems in the world and, if the stuff is not located somewhere else (pointed to by logicals in the case of VMS system files), stuff common to all nodes in the cluster (perhaps duplicated on more than one system...

programms
I have some cad's programms catalogue: ed_de@SoftHome.net Send me a catalogue. dukedb@gmail.com ...

The Challenge
I challenged a linux nut (NUT), from Washington DC, that an average user COULD NOT set up openSUSE 10 on my computer. I even got the partitions ready. And I already had the iso's downloaded. We agreed on a user (Matt),who could do most things in windows, and the bet was on. We could not solve the problem, but would help out on installing RPM's and YaST. We also could tell how to ./ a file and unzip a file. Matt started in Windows XP. It was FUNNY AS HELL. First, Matt did not know what an ISO was. But Matt did figure out burning, and burned 5 data cd's. I let NUT help him ou...

Challenges
What are the challenges of using Verilog compared to other HDL's? I guess it is with multiple levels of abstraction.. Also can anyone give an example of conflicting constraints in Verilog.. Thanks 1stderivative@gmail.com wrote: > What are the challenges of using Verilog compared to other HDL's? limiting variable scope > I guess it is with multiple levels of abstraction.. Also can anyone > give an example of conflicting constraints in Verilog.. Whether or not to help with homework problems. ...

The Challenge !
"The Challenge!" On this website I present a challenge! That is to tell me which macro I am missing in the sense of utility macros of use in the field of clinical reporting. I have 160+ macros on my website and I think I have the complete set. I don't know much about statistics, so I am making no claims about that, but if you are in the field of clinical reporting then I am openly making the claim that I have a complete set of macros for you to use in that field. If I lack a macro then TELL ME! I will read your description of what it needs to do and if I feel it is needed then I will write it. You can email me using the link at the bottom of this page. http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/index.html#challenge On Sep 8, 5:19=A0am, RolandRB <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote: > "The Challenge!" > > On this website I present a challenge! That is to tell me which macro > I am missing in the sense of utility macros of use in the field of > clinical reporting. I have 160+ macros on my website and I think I > have the complete set. I don't know much about statistics, so I am > making no claims about that, but if you are in the field of clinical > reporting then I am openly making the claim that I have a complete set > of macros for you to use in that field. If I lack a macro then TELL > ME! I will read your description of what it needs to do and if I feel > it is needed then I will write it. You can email me us...

Challenge
If you like a challenge, got to http://www.benaroia.tk click on personal. Serious people only. View Source will be your best friend. On 15 Sep 2005 12:39:43 -0700, benaroia@gmail.com wrote or quoted : >If you like a challenge, got to http://www.benaroia.tk click on >personal. Serious people only. View Source will be your best friend. That is a pretty stupid ad for yourself -- page not found on the personal side. The business side is an ad for web developer in colours without enough contrast to read easily. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. http://mindprod....

A Challenge
It would be nice to have a function that reads in a function M-file, parses it for function calls and syntax and returns information about what release of MATLAB is required to run it. For example, it should spot sort(x,'descend') and note that this syntax requires R14. Similarly mystruct.(fname) would be spotted as an R13 construct. I know that this could be carried on to MATLAB toolbox functions as well, but that would make the task huge. Stcking with base MATLAB would be fine and very useful. The Mathworks has no incentive to create such a function since it does not support upgradin...

Programmers
I'm looking for a contract programmer to do some rather intricate SW customization. I can be contacted at gmann@factorone.ca Greg Mann ...

challenge
OPEN = File.method 'open' class File def self.open(*a) 42 end end end ## now restore File.open using OPEN - remember that open takes a block... -a -- suffering increases your inner strength. also, the wishing for suffering makes the suffering disappear. - h.h. the 14th dali lama On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 Ara.T.Howard@noaa.gov wrote: > > OPEN = File.method 'open' > > class File > def self.open(*a) 42 end > end > end > > > ## now restore File.open using OPEN - remember that open takes a block... correction. start here open_m = File.method 'open' class File def self.open(*a) 42 end end end using a const makes it too easy and will accomplish what i need to do. -a -- suffering increases your inner strength. also, the wishing for suffering makes the suffering disappear. - h.h. the 14th dali lama ara.t.howard@noaa.gov schrieb: > On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 Ara.T.Howard@noaa.gov wrote: >> >> OPEN = File.method 'open' >> >> class File >> def self.open(*a) 42 end >> end >> end >> >> ## now restore File.open using OPEN - remember that open takes a block... > > correction. start here > > open_m = File.method 'open' > > class File > def self.open(*a) 42 end > end > end > > using a const makes it too easy and will accomplish what i need to do. c...

Web resources about - A Challenge :-) - comp.sys.acorn.programmer

Challenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

High Court challenge to Senate voting changes based on 'hopeless' grounds, court hears
A High Court challenge to Senate voting changes is based on &quot;hopeless&quot; or &quot;weak&quot; grounds, the federal government's top lawyer ...

The many faces of a man exposed: March's Clique photography Challenge winner
... and light painting for a while and I'd been talking to Omer about getting some dance photography of him, and then when this month's challenge ...

'A4 Waist Challenge' a dangerous trend, eating disorder expert warns - CTV News
Pictures of people posing with an A4-sized piece paper across their waists are circulating on social media, sparking a debate about beauty standards. ...

At 4A's Meeting Opener, Nancy Hill Challenges Agency CEOs on Diversity, Gender
"Will she or won't she?" was the question of the morning at the 4A's annual Transformation conference, which began today in Miami. Attendees ...

2016 TVNewser Bracket Challenge Update: Sweet 16
... Miami and Villanova tipping off the Sweet 16 on CBS, followed by Texas A&M and Oklahoma on TBS. The competition on the TVNewser Bracket Challenge ...

Ausgrid sale regulator challenges competition tribunal's tariff decision
The national energy price-setter has launched a challenge against NSW electricity networks in an epic regulatory battle over $5.6bn that is clouding ...

2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack challenges the Outback this fall
... Golf Alltrack adds all-wheel drive and extra ground clearance to the Golf SportWagen. When it debuts this fall, the new model could be a challenger ...

Bills push ‘challenge every call’ rule to NFL
... by officials, two losses. In a nutshell, that’s what is motivating Rex Ryan and the Buffalo Bills to push the NFL to allow coaches to challenge ...