BEEBUG C Manuals?

Hi,

I recently picked up a copy of Beebug C, complete
with all the ROM's and disks. However there were
no manuals. Does anyone have a copy of these that
I could loan for a short period or purchase?

Many Thanks

PT.
comp.sys.acorn.programmer 2499 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

purpletwilight3000@yahoo.co.uk (purpleT3K) wrote in message news:<2bfabd3.0307041129.544473d4@posting.google.com>...

> Does anyone have a copy of these that
> I could loan for a short period or purchase?

Have you tried having a word with Dave Bradforth? (dbproaction at a o l dot com)

He may have them

TTFN

Paul

Manual for Acorn Desktop C (repost from c.s.a.programmer)
I've got one set of manuals - well I had the discs as well, but have disposed of them - for Acorn ANSI C release 4. I'm about to dispose of the manuals as well; unless somebody has a use for them. I'm after =A310 to cover carriage and handling. If nobody replies before 1pm, i'll be disposing of them via the trash... Dave ...

Acorn C/C++ box + manuals
Hi all, I have recently re-discovered the box and manuals, more or less untouched by time, for Acorn C/C++ (I think release 5, first CFront-based stuff with Toolbox). I am hugely reluctant to bin these so am looking for a new home for them if there was anyone who would give them a good home and perhaps even use them for their own projects. Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out P&P etc. depending on where you are. I am in London. Many thanks, Rob. In message <a2a81f88-7835-47ef-b600-3a0a861a73f1@googlegroups.com> raclark@gmail.com wrote: > Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out P&P etc. > depending on where you are. I am in London. Damn, just too late! You could have brought them along to last night's ROUGOL meeting, there would probably have been someone who would have taken them. If you don't get any other offers and can hang on to them until the 18th April, bring them along next month :-) Bryan. -- RISC OS User Group Of London - http://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/ RISC OS London Show - http://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/ ...

Is the average IQ of C programmers less than that of C++ programmers?
I have a feeling that their EQ will show to be significantly lower. Feel free to post your IQs and EQs! On Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:19:46 AM UTC+1, MikeP wrote: > I have a feeling that their EQ will show to be significantly lower. Feel > free to post your IQs and EQs! That would make C a better language for commercial purposes, wouldn't it? When I worked as a programmer, the management attitude was that they didn't want clever code; they wanted code that other staff could maintain and develop as easily as its author, especially after he had gone. On that basis, the lowest-IQ language would be the best of all! -- In message <ae3c092a-4fa2-4d9f-8a26-9665e18b98b6@glegroupsg2000goo.googl egroups.com>, bert <bert.hutchings@btinternet.com> writes >On Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:19:46 AM UTC+1, MikeP wrote: >> I have a feeling that their EQ will show to be significantly lower. Feel >> free to post your IQs and EQs! > >That would make C a better language for commercial purposes, >wouldn't it? When I worked as a programmer, the management >attitude was that they didn't want clever code; they wanted >code that other staff could maintain and develop as easily >as its author, especially after he had gone. On that basis, >the lowest-IQ language would be the best of all! I couldn't agree more! Clever code is usually an oxymoron. BTW That is why English is the most common language on the planet as ...

C++ for C programmer
I know C, and i want to learn c++. can someone recommend an on-line source? - I also already know javascript. will that help? Thanks. ~M ---- http://www.NovelTracker.com - top ten novels, ranked hourly. On Mar 13, 10:08 am, marywilliams1...@yahoo.com wrote: > I know C, and i want to learn c++. can someone recommend an on-line > source? - I also already know javascript. will that help? See the FAQ: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-learn-cpp.html I'd suggest you get _Accelerated C++_ by Koenig and Moo. It will teach you the right way from the ground up (and ...

Manual for Acorn Desktop C
I've got one set of manuals - well I had the discs as well, but have disposed of them - for Acorn ANSI C release 4. I'm about to dispose of the manuals as well; unless somebody has a use for them. I'm after =A310 to cover carriage and handling. If nobody replies before 1pm, i'll be disposing of them via the trash... Dave David Bradforth <david.bradforth@alligatagroup.co.uk> wrote: > If nobody replies before 1pm, i'll be disposing of them via the > trash... Nothing like a 46 minute 12 second window for people to reply ;-) Theo ...

C++ Books for new C++ Programmer (who is experienced in C and Python)
I'm currently learning C++ from the following books: The C++ Programming Language 4th Edition The C++ Standard Library 2nd Edition and am thinking about buying: Effective C++ 3rd Edition More Effective C++ 1st Edition Effective Modern C++ 1st Edition. Are these books worth getting? I've read some good things about them and they seem to come highly recommended. Or are there any other books I should be looking at instead? Anything that will increase my skill at C++ is what I am after. I have a project I am working on which I'd really like to get finished using...

Matlab for C/C++ programmers
well i attended the seminar this morning and found it really useful. so i decided to try the stuff out myself. I am using the same program that is provided in the slides of the seminar as below. #include "C:\MATLAB7\extern\include\engine.h" void main() { Engine *ep; double data_c[10] = {8,1,2,3,2,5,-1,7,8,3}; mxArray *data_ml; data_ml = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,10,mxREAL); memcpy((char *)mxGetPr(data_ml),(char *)data_c,10*sizeof(double)); ep = engOpen(NULL); // Transfer to MATLAB engPutVariable(ep,"data",data_ml); } everything seems to be working fine except th...

C programmer migrating to C++
Hello, I'm coding in C form many years but for a year or something like that I'm trying to get rig of "bad" old habits and start to do things better. There are couple of annoyances in C++ I cannot solve - probably I'm doing something wrong. I wonder If someone could help me: 1) Consider such function definition void f( int k, const T* t, T2* t2=NULL); In C I used pointers extensively. When I didn't want to overload function's definition I used function's default NULL arguments to indicate that this argument (and part of function's job) is...

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

Attention: European C/C++/C#/Java Programmers-Call for Input
Hi All, My company is developing a new programming language targeted at continuing with the original charter by the C language for development of Operating Systems in a HLL as well as applications, device drivers etc. This language has an extended character set and, although all of the key words will (still) be in English, identifiers (i.e. names of things) can use additional European characters (such as those with accents, diaeresis, cedilla etc). For efficiency, a 254-character subset of them are going to be used in creating a character space that encodes them into a single byte. These wi...

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta > * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary what's wrong with using C? Friedrich > what's wrong with using C? Too low level, no built-in garbage collection. -- Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: >> what's wrong with using C? > > Too low level, Well the Smalltalk people say, have a small language and a big library. I assume C's library status beyond that of Smalltalk. > no built-in garbage collection. Use the Boehm Weisser GC. Friedrich "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> wrote in message news:<2TiYb.237892$rj7.1641209@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) > ...

Attention: European C/C++/C#/Java Programmers-Call for Input #2
Hi All, My company is developing a new programming language (it has many general purpose and parallel programming features) targeted at continuing with the original charter by the C language for development of Operating Systems in a HLL as well as applications, device drivers etc. This language has an extended character set and, although all of the key words will (still) be in English, identifiers (i.e. names of things) can use additional European characters (such as those with accents, diaeresis, cedilla etc). For efficiency, a 254-character subset of them are going to be used in creating a character space that encodes them into a single byte. These will not only be automatically byte-endian independent but will also be in alphabetic order so that sorting can take place directly on their numeric values. What I need from you is input so that I can select the most appropriate set for the benefit of European programmers who are obviously very talented at what they do. My thought is that it would be great if European programmers could give names to variables etc. in their own native languages that have more meaning for them than just plain old English words. The character subset includes full upper and lower case Greek as well as Cyrillic. I have seen Cyrillic (as well as Greek) with various accent marks (presumably used by eastern European countries)but there is not enough space in a byte to add any of these. However, I have added quite a few to the basic Roman characte...

C/C++/C# Programmers needed in Michigan- $42+ per hour- Contract to Hire
VisionIT is seeking up to 25 C Programmers (C, C++, C#.NET) for its client in Lansing and Troy, Michigan. Positions are on a 6 month contract to hire basis and are paying $42.31 per hour. Our client has been awarded seven new Medicaid contracts in Kentucky, Oregon, Alabama, Florida, Wisconsin, Connecticut and Massachusetts and they require resources to help get things up and running. Required Skills: 3-5 years, C/C++/C# programming experience, plus basic UNIX Command knowledge, and familiarity with SQL VisionIT Wants You! VisionIT is all about connecting the right candidate with the right opportunity! We are dedicated to helping you with your career! We maintain close relationships with the U.S. top industry leaders and businesses that are looking for qualified, career minded professionals like you. Please send MS Word formatted resume via email: gvendittelli@visionitinc.com W2 contracts only - candidate must be U.S. Citizen or green card holder- no VISAs can be sponsored for this position. Thanks VisionIT ...

Informational Link For C/C++ Programmers
For Free Download lectures and Presentation of Programming and many more related to the field of Computer Science. Visit http://computerscienceppt.blogspot.com/ This Blog Contains a Collection of Lectures of about more then 80 subjects related to the field of Computer Science. -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] On Nov 2, 10:24 pm, alamzeb123 <alamzeborak...@gmail.com> wrote: > For Free Download lectures and Presentation of Programming and many > more related...

Any expert Pro*C/C++ programmer out there?
I have programmed using the OCI for years, but decided to move to Pro*C/C++. I have ran and modified the simplest examples so far. But now I ma stuck. In my application, the critical variable which is only known at run time is none less than the table name. It is something like this: SELECT emp_name FROM $table_name WHERE emp_id = :some_unique_id; So, per the manual, I guess I should use Method 3. The doubt that I have is this. If I know for a fact that there will be a single record being retrieved, do I still have to use the specifics of Method 3 described in sample8.pc, with CURSOR, FETCH a loop and everything? It sounds like such a waste. It seems to me that there should be a simpler way, given that the contents of only one row will be retrieved. -Ramon Ramon F Herrera <ramon@conexus.net> wrote: > In my application, the critical variable which is only known at run > time is none less than the table name. It is something like this: > > SELECT emp_name FROM $table_name WHERE emp_id = :some_unique_id; I think that 'dynamic SQL' is what you are looking for. Yours, Laurenz Albe On Mar 13, 6:21 am, "Ramon F Herrera" <r...@conexus.net> wrote: > I have programmed using the OCI for years, but decided to move to > Pro*C/C++. I have ran and modified the simplest examples so far. But > now I ma stuck. > > In my application, the critical variable which is only known at run > time is none less than the table name. ...

Some C/C++ tips for experienced programmers
I find some useful tips about C/C++ and want to share with you. Sorry if it bothers you. Tips for better Coding Style: http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-guidelines-for-better-coding-style.html Tips for better Memory Management: http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-better-memory-management.html Tips for Performance Enhancements http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-performance-enhancements.html Tips for STL http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-stl.html Tips for STL and Generic Programming http://tmh-coding-tips.blogs...

Some C/C++ tips for experienced programmers
I found some useful tips about C/C++ and want to share with you. Sorry if it bothers you. Tips for better Coding Style: http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-guidelines-for-better-coding-style.html Tips for better Memory Management: http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-better-memory-management.html Tips for Performance Enhancements http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-performance-enhancements.html Tips for STL http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-stl.html Tips for STL and Generic Programming http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-stl-and-generic-programming.html ...

WTD: More recent Acorn C/C++
Hi, I'm trying to port an app to the RiscPC, and I'm struggling a bit with an older version of Acorn C. I wondered if anyone has any more recent versions of Acorn C/C++ available/for sale? This is a 'for fun' project not a commercial venture, so it doesnt need to be the latest version. Anything considered. I'm aware of GCC incidently. Cheers Ian. cii-2d21 ACORN iximail RISCPC com (replace ACORN with @ and RISCPC with .) On 11 Nov 2005 hou-2alh@iximail.com wrote: > I'm trying to port an app to the RiscPC, and I'm struggling > a bit with an older version of Acorn C. How old? You need version 5 to be able create 32bit neutral code which will run on all machines. [snip] > I'm aware of GCC incidently. Any reason for not trying it? Its a simple matter to change an Acorn C/C++ makefile to gcc, and now that gcc supports generating modules that barrier has been removed. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ Thanks for the info - I'll check on the version. I use gcc, I just like to use two compilers when developing as it helps shake out bugs. Ian. hou-2alh@iximail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to port an app to the RiscPC, and I'm struggling > a bit with an older version of Acorn C. > > I wondered if anyone has any more recent versions of Acorn C/C++ > available/for sale? > > This is...

Books on C/C++ for perl programmers
There are many books on "perl for C/C++ programmers" but none for "C/C+ + for perl programmers". Does anyone know of any such book or tutorial? Thanks in advance, >Hanna< On Apr 28, 4:27=A0am, l0cl <taurusgemini...@gmail.com> wrote: > + for perl programmers". Does anyone know of any such book or > tutorial? I don't think that they are any, but that's not a problem. There are many, many books on C and C++, and we each have our favorites. I can vouch personally for a dozen or so, but I won't. Most of them will probably get you into C or...

Some C/C++ tips for experienced programmers
I found some useful tips about C/C++ and want to share with you. Sorry if it bothers you. Tips for better Coding Style: http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-guidelines-for-better-coding-style.html Tips for better Memory Management: http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-better-memory-management.html Tips for Performance Enhancements http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-performance-enhancements.html Tips for STL http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-stl.html Tips for STL and Generic Programming http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-stl-and-generic-programming.html -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] >I found some useful tips about C/C++ and want to share with you. Sorry > if it bothers you. > > Tips for better Coding Style: > http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-guidelines-for-better-coding-style.html > Tips for better Memory Management: > http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-better-memory-management.html > Tips for Performance Enhancements > http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-performance-enhancements.html > Tips for STL > http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-stl.html > Tips for STL and Generic Programming > http://tmh-coding-tips.blogspot.com/2008/09/cc-tips-for-...

What makes a good C/C++ programmer?
What makes a good C/C++ programmer? Would you be surprised if I told you that it has almost nothing to do with your knowledge of C or C++? There isn't much difference in productivity, for example, between a C/C++ programmers with a few weeks of experience and a C/C++ programmer with years of experience. You don't really need to understand the subtle details or use the obscure features of either language to write useful programs in your application domain. Expert C and C++ programmers are only marginally more effective than rookies. What really helps is understanding the problem domai...

Looking for experienced C/C++ / ASM programmer
For more information please contact a.owens {} novartisoft dt com, minimum 5 years experience candidates only please, work at home project based work, well paid thank you Which assembler? JGH On 10/31/2011 7:05 AM, jgharston wrote: > Which assembler? > and what sort of job?... my case: I know x86 and x86-64 ASM, and am sort-of familiar with ARM. my personal preference is Intel-style syntax (such as NASM), but am not so fond of GAS syntax. (I have my own assembler as well, which uses an NASM-like syntax, and supports x86 and x86-64, and partly supports ARM). I have been writing code in C for about 15 years or so. some experience with C++, but it isn't my main-use language. major areas of familiarity: compiler and VM technology (wrote a C compiler for a VM, created a custom script language, experience with writing interpreters and JIT compilers); 3D engines and tools (wrote 3D modeling and skeletal animation tools, wrote an FPS / First-Person-Shooter style 3D engine, ...); in the past (late 90s/early 2000s), I once wrote a basic OS (for x86, mostly using the PE/COFF format for binaries, was on early stages of GUI development when I dropped the project due to lack of foreseeable relevance); .... actually, said 3D engine and VM projects contain many of remnants of code from the OS project (some parts, such as the VFS / Virtual-File-System subsystem, retain the concept of FS drivers, although some years back the VFS was partly rewritten/simplified, ....

US-PA: Horsham-C/C++ Programmer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: C/C++ Programmer Job Location: PA: Horsham Pay Rate: to $69,500 Job Length: full time Start Date: 2006-11-10 Company Name: Computer Professionals Inc. Contact: Bill Curtis Phone: 610-687-7709 Fax: 610-687-7885 Description: Client is provider of business process outsourcing services including accounts receivable management, customer relationship management and other services. They provide services through approximately 90 offices in United States, Canada, United Kingdom, India, Philippines, Caribbean and Panama. This location in Horsham is currently searching for C/C++ Programmer.� Position is 80% programming and 20% analysis.� May deal directly with clients. Required Skills: BS Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred. 3-6+ years recent experience in C/C++ programming. (C++ is key) Web-based applications Uni...

[C++] Segmentation Fault {C++ Novice Programmer}
Hello guys. I have a function, cleanSpace [which takes in a string such as "this is\ta\ta a test". It cleans it up by removing new lines/tabs and multiple/trailing and inbetween whitespace. I am recieving a segmentation fault on one line when I apply it to a second program [my second school assignment]. I was told from another source that the problem is, is that the function is acting on constant string literal. To fix this I was told to take the incoming string, copy it to a buffer, work on the buffer and copy the buffer back to the original. I tried but no sucess. ...

Web resources about - BEEBUG C Manuals? - comp.sys.acorn.programmer

Manual for iPhone
We have a winner for Best App Introduction of the Year.

Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Medicine-related articles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is within the scope of WikiProject Pharmacology , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Pharmacology on Wikipedia. If you ...

Volkswagen says no link between circumstances of Melissa Ryan's death and new reports of manual cars ...
More Volkswagen drivers say they were left angry and scared after their cars suddenly lost power while they were driving them.

OxygenOS 2.2.0 rolling out for OnePlus X with manual camera controls, save to SD card options, more
Following the official launch of OxygenOS 2.1.4 for the original OnePlus One, the manufacturer is now pushing out a new software update for its ...

Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge user manuals now online
... device? Now you can experience the illusory thrill of pretending to have just performed your own unboxing by paging through the user manuals ...

KTM brings the service manual into the 21st century with augmented reality
... app (running on an iPad) in action. 3 more images in gallery Hyundai's use of augmented reality to create a 21st century owner's manual remains ...

We drive Honda's turbo/manual Civic prototype
Filed under: Honda , Sedan , Budget Honda has listened to enthusiasts and will begin offering a turbocharged, manual-transmission Civic. And ...

Googler Speaks Out about Manual Actions #SMX
Googler Speaks Out about Manual Actions #SMX was originally published on BruceClay.com, home of expert search engine optimization tips . There ...

Tesla Powerwall Installation & User’s Manual Posted Online
... the same time because no details were known. At the news conference, Tesla blew everyone [&hellip Tesla Powerwall Installation & User’s Manual ...

Expert: The end of manual labor
Atlas is a game changer not just for companies, but for society, Inside.com's Jason Calacanis says of Google's new robot.