f



Disc Map loading on Adjust

Hi Guys

in adjust with large discs (say 40 gig), the first disc access causes 
the map? to be loaded in.

this is a lengthy procedure..
any way of getting it to not do this?

I am ok with lengthy lookups as I am only loading a file every 3 
minuets, and I am not searching for it (provided in a play list)

basically I want startup times to be as quick as possible..

I do know that getting a smaller disc / formatting it smaller will speed 
it up but I need the space.

I am assuming its a CMOS setting?

Cheers!
0
Michael
4/2/2007 2:37:14 PM
comp.sys.acorn.programmer 2499 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

11 Replies
338 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 32

In article <uy8Qh.566$r4.18@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>,
   Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am ok with lengthy lookups as I am only loading a file every 3 
> minuets

I thought you were making a car player, not equipping a ballroom!

John

-- 
John Williams, Wirral, Merseyside, UK - no attachments to these addresses!
Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject
for reliable contact! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/ 
0
UCEbin (2771)
4/2/2007 2:46:56 PM
On  2-Apr-2007, Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> in adjust with large discs (say 40 gig), the first disc access causes
> the map? to be loaded in.
>
> this is a lengthy procedure..
> any way of getting it to not do this?

No, because it must load the map as it mounts the disc, so if you want it to
mount the disc....

However, I suspect you used the default (smallest) LFAU offered when you
initialised the drive. If you use 2x or 4x this amount it will mount a *lot*
faster.

-- 
David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk>
0
black_hole (774)
4/2/2007 3:17:39 PM
John Williams (News) wrote:
> In article <uy8Qh.566$r4.18@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>,
>    Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> I am ok with lengthy lookups as I am only loading a file every 3 
>> minuets
> 
> I thought you were making a car player, not equipping a ballroom!
> 
> John
> 
  Ah! plans change...(using an inverter) I have it running in my car...
BUT its still too long to load up

and the only thing booting is my app + supporting modules

its the problem described above which is a problem!

the only selling point to my mates is it's quick booting time which is 
extended by the above process! :@P

0
Michael
4/2/2007 3:27:05 PM
David Holden wrote:
> On  2-Apr-2007, Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> in adjust with large discs (say 40 gig), the first disc access causes
>> the map? to be loaded in.
>>
>> this is a lengthy procedure..
>> any way of getting it to not do this?
> 
> No, because it must load the map as it mounts the disc, so if you want it to
> mount the disc....
> 
> However, I suspect you used the default (smallest) LFAU offered when you
> initialised the drive. If you use 2x or 4x this amount it will mount a *lot*
> faster.
> 
Bingo!

I am currently using my WebServer so I guess I did do this!

Cheers Matey!

I will set-up a new drive and copy the crap to that!

Thanks Again!
0
Michael
4/2/2007 3:28:30 PM
Michael Emerton wrote:
> David Holden wrote:
>> On  2-Apr-2007, Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys
>>>
>>> in adjust with large discs (say 40 gig), the first disc access causes
>>> the map? to be loaded in.
>>>
>>> this is a lengthy procedure..
>>> any way of getting it to not do this?
>>
>> No, because it must load the map as it mounts the disc, so if you want 
>> it to
>> mount the disc....
>>
>> However, I suspect you used the default (smallest) LFAU offered when you
>> initialised the drive. If you use 2x or 4x this amount it will mount a 
>> *lot*
>> faster.
>>
> Bingo!
> 
> I am currently using my WebServer so I guess I did do this!
> 
> Cheers Matey!
> 
> I will set-up a new drive and copy the crap to that!
> 
> Thanks Again!

Yep this (obviously) works! bloomin fast :@) cheers
0
Michael
4/2/2007 4:16:05 PM
On 2 Apr 2007 David Holden <black_hole@apdl.co.uk> wrote:
> On  2-Apr-2007, Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Guys
>> 
>> in adjust with large discs (say 40 gig), the first disc access causes the
>> map? to be loaded in.
>> 
>> this is a lengthy procedure.. any way of getting it to not do this?
> 
> No, because it must load the map as it mounts the disc, so if you want it
> to mount the disc....

I concur.
 
> However, I suspect you used the default (smallest) LFAU offered when you
> initialised the drive. If you use 2x or 4x this amount it will mount a
> *lot* faster.

With a disc using long filenames, HFORM will chose the smallest possible LFAU
by default which results in a map up to 1280K in size. Each doubling of the
LFAU halves the map size. If not using long filenames the disc map will be a 
maximum of 64K.

---druck

-- 
The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/
The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/
0
news5843 (7461)
4/2/2007 7:31:43 PM
druck wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2007 David Holden <black_hole@apdl.co.uk> wrote:
>> On  2-Apr-2007, Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys
>>>
>>> in adjust with large discs (say 40 gig), the first disc access causes the
>>> map? to be loaded in.
>>>
>>> this is a lengthy procedure.. any way of getting it to not do this?
>> No, because it must load the map as it mounts the disc, so if you want it
>> to mount the disc....
> 
> I concur.
>  
>> However, I suspect you used the default (smallest) LFAU offered when you
>> initialised the drive. If you use 2x or 4x this amount it will mount a
>> *lot* faster.
> 
> With a disc using long filenames, HFORM will chose the smallest possible LFAU
> by default which results in a map up to 1280K in size. Each doubling of the
> LFAU halves the map size. If not using long filenames the disc map will be a 
> maximum of 64K.
> 
> ---druck
> 

Only trouble with this, is that I will be needing to handle long filenames!

I think Rock and a hard place springs to mind
0
Michael
4/6/2007 10:41:33 AM
On 6 Apr 2007 Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com> 
wrote:
> druck wrote:
>> With a disc using long filenames, HFORM will chose the smallest
>> possible LFAU by default which results in a map up to 1280K in size.
>> Each doubling of the LFAU halves the map size. If not using long
>> filenames the disc map will be a maximum of 64K.
> 
> Only trouble with this, is that I will be needing to handle long filenames!
> 
> I think Rock and a hard place springs to mind

You can get the map down to 64K and use long filenames if you choose a 
large LFAU and waste most of the space on the disc. It also reduces 
the maximum number of objects that can be stored, which limits the 
number of files and directories on the disc.

Use the long filename option, but just double, or at most multiply by 
4x the default value offered  by HFORM and see what the mount time 
comes down to.

When you have copied files to the disc, run a check with DiscKnight 
ticking the statistics option and it will report how much space on the
disc is wasted. This will be a minimum, as just after copying 
everything FileCore will have used the optimal arrangement, as files 
are created, resized or deleted, the proportion is likely to increase.

---druck

-- 
The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/
The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/
0
news5843 (7461)
4/6/2007 11:01:22 AM
In article <xtpRh.342$fg3.313@newsfe1-win.ntli.net>,
   Michael Emerton <MichaelREmerton@_deleteme_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think Rock and a hard place springs to mind

Using 'rock' and 'hard' in the same sentence may not get past some news
filters. Best avoided.

John

-- 
John Williams, Wirral, Merseyside, UK - no attachments to these addresses!
Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject
for reliable contact! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/ 
0
UCEbin (2771)
4/6/2007 11:11:52 AM
druck <news@druck.freeuk.com> wrote:

> You can get the map down to 64K and use long filenames if you choose a 
> large LFAU and waste most of the space on the disc. It also reduces 
> the maximum number of objects that can be stored, which limits the 
> number of files and directories on the disc.

Will that actually waste "most of the space on the disk", though?  Isn't
this the car/RPC project, with - presumably - a modest number of large
files?  Won't that mean that these data files are all still a multiple of
the LFAU size?

-- 
Jeremy C B Nicoll - my opinions are my own.
0
Jeremy1 (1807)
4/13/2007 11:53:43 AM
On 13 Apr 2007 Jeremy C B Nicoll <jeremy@omba.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> druck <news@druck.freeuk.com> wrote:
>> You can get the map down to 64K and use long filenames if you choose a
>> large LFAU and waste most of the space on the disc. It also reduces
>> the maximum number of objects that can be stored, which limits the
>> number of files and directories on the disc.

> Will that actually waste "most of the space on the disk", though?  Isn't
> this the car/RPC project, with - presumably - a modest number of large
> files?  Won't that mean that these data files are all still a multiple of
> the LFAU size?

Yes all files are multiples of the LFAU (except when shared with 
another file), but its the minimum object size which is up to 20x this 
size which results in most of the wastage. But wind the LFAU up to far
and you wont file the disc before running out of objects.

---druck

-- 
The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/
The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/
0
news5843 (7461)
4/13/2007 8:41:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

maps maps maps????
Argh!!!! What happened to transparency maps, reflection maps blah blah blah????? (I'm talking about viz renderer / autocad2004 adt). If you can't use transparency maps, then HTF do you create mesh objects (like a grill, railing, mesh with holes)? or even trees? Or 2D people? Billboard and stuff like that? Use the Cutout map under Special Effects. --- stefkeB --- "Henry" <abshhkc@bath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Xns942BB07D85A90abshhkcbathacuk@138.38.32.81... > Argh!!!! What happened to transparency maps, reflection maps blah blah > blah????? (I'm talking about viz renderer / autocad2004 adt). > > If you can't use transparency maps, then HTF do you create mesh objects > (like a grill, railing, mesh with holes)? or even trees? Or 2D people? > Billboard and stuff like that? > "stefkeB" <stefkeB@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1068214235.60416 @seven.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be: > Use the Cutout map under Special Effects. > > --- stefkeB --- > > "Henry" <abshhkc@bath.ac.uk> wrote in message > news:Xns942BB07D85A90abshhkcbathacuk@138.38.32.81... >> Argh!!!! What happened to transparency maps, reflection maps blah blah >> blah????? (I'm talking about viz renderer / autocad2004 adt). >> >> If you can't use transparency maps, then HTF do you create mesh objects >> (like a grill, railing, mesh with holes)?...

Google maps: maps not loading
The maps are not loading in IE, but they do in Opera browser. I tried all the guggestiond from ther HELP and installed DirexcXnew, but nothisg helps. Who can help? Har "hvdh" <geen@nergens.nl> wrote in message news:47e2c638$0$25480$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl... > The maps are not loading in IE, but they do in Opera browser. I tried > all the guggestiond from ther HELP and installed DirexcXnew, but nothisg > helps. > Who can help? So you have tried clearing web browser cache, enabled JavaScript, ActiveX and binary behaviors at least for Goog...

map that maps to iterators in the same map ?
Hi, I wonder if it's possible to implement something like typedef map<string, T::iterator> T; i.e. to have a map that will resolve keys to iterators in the map of the same type. In my situation, I'll have only one such map and can guarantee that all iterators will remain valid (I'll only add stuff). Do such recursive constructions known to cause problems? I can use pointers instead of iterators, but it will be much uglier. Thanks, Vladimir ...

map of map.
Hi All, I want to create a map of key and another map object (it is another map of key value pairs). I have declared it as map<int, map<short, short>> mpObj; it gives me an error that, "error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of =91map=92 with no type". Does this mean I can not create a map of a map the object? Have I done something wrong? Any pointers to any tutorial? Atul. aTuL ha scritto: > I want to create a map of key and another map object (it is another > map of key value pairs). I have declared it as > map<int, map<short, short>> mpObj; You have to write it like this: map<int, map<short, short> > mpObj; Note that the next version of C++ will fix this problem. -- Christian Hackl aTuL ha scritto: > I want to create a map of key and another map object (it is another > map of key value pairs). I have declared it as > map<int, map<short, short>> mpObj; it gives me an error that, "error: > ISO C++ forbids declaration of �map� with no type". Does this mean I > can not create a map of a map the object? Have I done something wrong? > Any pointers to any tutorial? On second thought, the >> is probably not the cause of this particular error. Have you included <map> and is there a using std::map somewhere? Here's a minimal example that compiles fine: #include <map> int main() { std::map<int, std::map<short, short> > mpObj; } -- Christi...

Help
Hi all, I am working with Arcview 9.1 and XtoolsPro3.0. My current project is to make a map of a 20 square mile area of land, made up of geo-indexed shp files of land plots I got from the local land measurement authority (kadaster) and a colorful raster map as background. The raster map is not geoindexed in any way. The problem I face is that both scale and orientation (North isn't up, a rough 15 degrees off) of the raster map differ from those of the shp-based map. Can anyone tell me if and how I can adjust the background raster map in Arcview to fit the shp-file based map? B...

STL: Map of maps possible, but no multi-map of maps? Workarounds?
It's possible to do this: map<double, map <string, int> > foo; but not this or any other nested variant using multimap: multimap<double, map <string, int> > foo; Any known (or unknown) workarounds? Thanks Marcus Marcus wrote: > It's possible to do this: > > map<double, map <string, int> > foo; > > but not this or any other nested variant using multimap: > > multimap<double, map <string, int> > foo; Works with comeau online 4.3.3, also with g++ 3.4.2 hmmm... you're right, i must have a bug somewhere. gl...

Maps load different
I have made a map in my maps of the hunting area I use in Quebec. I have 35 Placemarks, some of wnich are pictures of blinds, stands, etc. When I go to the map in Googlr Earth thru KML on my desktop all of the Placemarks and pictures show as I made them and the different colors used as text appears as made, but when I use my laptop when I go to Google Earth there is only the stickpins. Also the text is in white not colors that I used. The only difference I can find between the two computers is when I click the KML on my laptop the file download shows Google Earth.kmlfile and the desktop shows Google Earth.kml. Advise would be apprectiated joegbk Joegbk wrote: > I have made a map in my maps of the hunting area I use in Quebec. I > have 35 Placemarks, some of wnich are pictures of blinds, stands, > etc. When I go to the map in Googlr Earth thru KML on my desktop all > of the Placemarks and pictures show as I made them and the different > colors used as text appears as made, but when I use my laptop when I > go to Google Earth there is only the stickpins. Also the text is in > white not colors that I used. The only difference I can find between > the two computers is when I click the KML on my laptop the file > download shows Google Earth.kmlfile and the desktop shows Google > Earth.kml. Advise would be apprectiated > > joegbk Hi, Are you sure you are posting to the right newsgroup? This (comp.lang.php) is a newsgroup concerne...

Some Acorn user discs
Hello, I have a stack of Acorn User discs sitting in my room (about 75) which need shifting. Out of curiosity, are they worth anything to anyone out there? I haven't decided what to do with them yet, but if no one in my immediate circle can find a use for them, perhaps someone else might offer something for them. W.Simpson In article <JMjXc.415$Ch2.349@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, W.Simpson <simpsons.dot.box@ntlworld.dot.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a stack of Acorn User discs sitting in my room (about 75) which > need shifting. Out of curiosity, are they worth an...

Help, Map of map
Hello, I'm italian then sorry for my bad english: In this source #include <iostream> #include <map> #include <string> map <string, map <string, int> > PG; int main() { PG.insert (map <string, map<string, int> >::value_type ("pippo", map<string, int>::value_type ("pluto", 6))); // Error std::cout << PG["pippo"].first << std::endl; // Error return 0; } How can I insert a key and value in a internal map? How I get the key and value of internal map? Thanks "Noixe" <No...

How to render vertex map, normal map and color map
Hello everyone! I'm trying to achieve 3D reconstruction using MS Kinect sensor. I've already got the Vertex Map, Normal Map and Color Map from raw depth map and RGB image. Now I'm wondering how to render these maps(vertex map, normal map and color map) using opengl. Looking forward to your help! Thanks in advance. On Friday, 11 May 2012 05:20:18 UTC+2, Yuan Gao wrote: > Hello everyone! > I'm trying to achieve 3D reconstruction using MS Kinect sensor. > I've already got the Vertex Map, Normal Map and Color Map from raw > depth map and RGB image. > Now I'...

RISCOS/Acorn Eprom programmer
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Cheers all, - Chris. In message <3fdd0a07$0$10357$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk> "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 > A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Did you try IFEL's web site ? I think they were selling one not so long ago <http://users.argonet.co.uk/ifel> (or there abouts) -- J�r�me Mathevet On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:10:31 -0000, "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 >A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. What'd you be willing to pay ? John Kortink -- Email : kortink@inter.nl.net Homepage : http://www.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink ViewFinder, the high performance graphics card for RISC PC's : visit http://www.windfall.nl for more details and pricing. ...

How to implement a map of maps?
Hi! I am trying to implement a map of maps like this: typedef map<string, map<string, string> > stringMap; stringMap myMap; This does not work and I get the following compiler error: --- /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/../../../../include/c++/3.4.6/ bits/stl_pair.h: In constructor `std::pair<_T1, _T2>::pair(const std::pair<_U1, _U2>&) [with _U1 = char*, _U2 = char*, _T1 = const std::string, _T2 = std::map<std::string, std::string, std::less<std::string>, std::allocator<std::pair<const std::string, std::string> > >]': src/png.cpp...

UP Loading and Down Loading from website
I have a packaged program I want to sell from my website. If I zip the package and upload it, when it is downloaded again it won't open "stating it doesn't appear to be an "Archive File". I think the problem relates to the fact the zip contains a bunch of extraneous directory information above the actual package. I tried uploading the package itself but then can't seem to download it again. What is the proper procedure here for deploying a package so that can be down loaded and installed. Thanks Make a zipfile out of the files in ur programdir... Upload the zipfile to ur website... Make a proper link to the uploadet zipfile, and u should be able to download it... But about that the program will install on the endusers pc I can't say... Bjarne "Jim Baird" <bairdjr@telus.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:758afa2a-896b-4e67-92a2-0c8fb285060f@googlegroups.com... >I have a packaged program I want to sell from my website. > > If I zip the package and upload it, when it is downloaded again it won't > open "stating it doesn't appear to be an "Archive File". I think the > problem relates to the fact the zip contains a bunch of extraneous > directory information above the actual package. > > I tried uploading the package itself but then can't seem to download it > again. > > What is the proper procedure here for deploying a package so that ...

Load balancing for Map Reduce
Are there any implementations of Map Reduce that automatically and transpar= ently take care of load balancing? By load balancing, I mean distributing t= he sub-processes of a big task evenly across multiple servers. If over time= , one server handles 95% of the work, and the remaining 999 servers handle = just 5%, then Map Reduce becomes inefficient. This can happen for example i= f the data consists of web sites to crawl and to process over time: you hav= e (say) 1,000 websites, but one of them is 50 times bigger than all other w= ebsites. Of course in this case the solution might consist in using a web p= age as a base unit to split the big process into smaller processes, rather = than a web site. View original post and comments at http://www.datasciencecentral.com/forum/= topics/load-balancing-for-map-reduce On Feb 9, 11:58=C2=A0pm, datashap...@gmail.com wrote: > Are there any implementations of Map Reduce that automatically and transp= arently take care of load balancing? By load balancing, I mean distributing= the sub-processes of a big task evenly across multiple servers. If over ti= me, one server handles 95% of the work, and the remaining 999 servers This = is Google's cache of https://groups.google.com/group/comp.theory/tree/brows= e_frm/month/2012-11/9d1e0509ef7553aa?rnum=3D11&_done=3D%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.theo= ry%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fmonth%2F2012-11%3F. It is a snapshot of the page as it ap= peared on Jan 7, 2013 03:43:12 GMT. The current p...

ADFS floppy disc maps
Following various problems with reading E format disc images using some software I've written, I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that I need to find good advice and/or decent documentation on ADFS disc maps. In particular, I'd like to know: - What restrictions there are on file numbers in the map? I'd assume a maximum value of 0x7fff but can they really get that high? Are any values forbidden? - How does ADFS search the map for files with a given number? If it's done sequentially then how does it deal with spurious non-zero values outside file and fre...

map within map
Is there any problem in using of map as declared below? map<int, map<int, float>> test; Cleber [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] Cleber wrote: > Is there any problem in using of map as declared below? > > map<int, map<int, float>> test; Yes, the syntax is wrong as the '>>' is interpreted as shift operator - use '> >' instead. Further, you need the std:: of course and the header <map>. Uli [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] Cleber wrote: > Is there any problem in using of map as declared below? > > map<int, map<int, float>> test; There is a problem: The missing space between the two trailing > characters (which is otherwise interpreted as >>). So correct way is map<int, map<int, float> > test; Greetings from Bremen, Daniel Kr�gler [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cleber" <cleberc@gmail.com> Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++.moderated To: <Usenet> Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 3:11 PM Subject: map within map > Is there any problem in using of map as declared below? > > map<int, map<int, float...

hwclock --adjust does not adjust
I can't understand hwclock --utc --set --date "7/18/2007 11:00:00" Does not work! And does not work hwclock --adjust, independently from /etc/adjtime content. But: ntpdate pool.ntp.org It works and it update my clock (hardware and system) Does anyone knows what could be the mistake? Thanks in advance Antonio <nospam@nospam.ns> did eloquently scribble: > I can't understand > hwclock --utc --set --date "7/18/2007 11:00:00" > Does not work! Yes, it does. It updates the HARDWARE clock. The system clock is only updated at startup or when told to. ...

cannot load symbols for mydriver.sys
I'm a newbie to windbg. Softice type of guy. I cannot get my symbols to load. When I type .lm, I see a line indicating mydriver.sys (no symbols). I type on then type the following on the kd-> prompt: ..reload mydriver.sys I get the following error ** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mydriver.sys I have the symbol file path (file->symbol file path) set correctly to the mydriver.pdb symbol file. Because of the above problem, I can't step through my code. Or set a breakpoint that will cause my driver to break. Is there something...

Sys$Year problem on Adjust
Ive just upgraded 2 RiscPCs from 4.02 to Adjust 4.39. Both were working correctly before. After upgrade, one is still completely correct. The other functions correctly except that it now always returns Sys$Year to 2001 on a shift-ctrl-f12 restart - not just when switched off - while the rest of the date and the time remain accurate to the second. Any ideas, anybody? -- Martin R. Devon MSc Consulting Engineer, Box, Wilts, UK RISC OS in the Timber Frame Housing Industry In message <cf2b26da4d.Martin@heleigh.org.uk> Martin Devon <martin.devon@heleigh.org.uk> wrote: > Ive just upgraded 2 RiscPCs from 4.02 to Adjust 4.39. Both were > working correctly before. After upgrade, one is still completely > correct. The other functions correctly except that it now always > returns Sys$Year to 2001 on a shift-ctrl-f12 restart - not just when > switched off - while the rest of the date and the time remain accurate > to the second. Any ideas, anybody? I recently had a very odd clock problem after CMOS battery replacement and that also (I think co-incidentally but not necessarilly) kept getting crashes on Select 3i4 boot after the softload part. Both problems have completely gone away after re-seating / cleaning components such as processor, Podules, NICs and most importantly VRAM. Incidentally, bumped in to Gareth from Simtec the other day and got chatting about it. He's full of advice such as - to clean edge contacts like on the ...

Programmable/Variable electrical load
I am trying to use test data in the form of an excel file to simulate a load, but i am unable to do so. To simplify things, imagine that am connecting a battery to a load, but i want this load to be my actual real life load (Power) measured in the lab. I have found help files explaining how to import excel files and use them, but i cant find a way to use a port in simscape/simulink to implement a variable electrical load. Please help and thanks very much ...

problem in loading Map in opengl
Hey i am making a 3D car Racing Game for my semister project. I am using VC++, opengl. Till now i have learned a lot in Opengl,Studied ASE format and Imported a 3D model of car and other stuffs, by Loading it in from of .ASE file( exported from 3Ds max).Now i have to make a map and Import it in Opengl. But Now the problem is that i am unable to get the detail of a .BSP.. or i should say.. i have no knowledge about .BSP files, except i know they are MAP models and i have seen then while playing Counter strike.!! :) i would be very thankful if someone could help me out in a)How to make a .BSP( but for now due to time shortage, i am thinking of using a already made .BSP file.. but still if you have any idea how it is made) b) How to load a .BSP file.( if possible plz mail me or direct me to some documentation of .BSP , how they are written and readed??) c) If you could mail some demo or working example with source code.. or should i use .map file rather than .bsp... coz i have to lack time.. i need to complete the game in 2 weeks On 2007-11-04, ZOD <flyankur@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hey i am making a 3D car Racing Game for my semister project. I am > using VC++, opengl. Till now i have learned a lot in Opengl,Studied > ASE format and Imported a 3D model of car and other stuffs, by Loading > it in from of .ASE file( exported from 3Ds max).Now i have to make a > map and Import it in Opengl. But Now the problem is that i am unable > to get the detail ...

[SOT] Map, map, who's got the right map?
This from the "GUI gone weird" department. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/7493757.stm is an interactive BBC map for the olympic venue which will show up later this or early next month. The behavior upon grabbing and moving the map with the mouse is particularly interesting, and not exactly correct. In Google Maps, the grab function is pretty much as one might expect; one grabs, moves the mouse cursor, and the map moves, keeping the point grabbed underneath the cursor, as far as it can. Very reasonable behavior. Not so in the above map; I'm not even sure I can char...

Sys X and general disc problems???
I have a Blue and white G3-350, with the original 6 gig hard drive, and an external 200 gig firewire drive. I have 9.2.2 and 10.15 (was upgraded as far as it could go and not be 10.2 It got very sluggish yesterday and failed to reboot, in fact it wouldn't boot into any siystem at all, and it would not boot off a disc, with the "C" key held down. I got online on another computer and saw resetting pram mentioned, which finally allowed it ot boot off a CD, DiskWarrior. After running DiskWarrior it would only boot into 9.2, trying to get it to go into X got a broken disk pict...

Web resources about - Disc Map loading on Adjust - comp.sys.acorn.programmer

Loading screen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A loading screen is a picture shown by a computer program , often a video game , while the program is loading or initializing. In early video ...

Facebook Adds Mobile Reach Data To Insights, Cuts Back Loading Of Organic Stories
Facebook announced two changes to its insights Tuesday: the inclusion of mobile reach data, and the lowering of the number of organic stories ...

Facebook’s Fast-Loading and Free “0″ Mobile Site Launches
More than a quarter of Facebook’s users are accessing it through mobile devices every month, and the number of mobile useres is growing fast. ...

Search Twitter - witcher 3 loading
... are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh WCCFtech @ wccftechdotcom 31m The Witcher 3 Experiencing Loading ...

Gmail : Why does "?shva=1" get appended to the URL when loading Gmail?
Answer: "shva" is an acronym for "should have valid authentication"

Loading a Bradley - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Pfc. Joseph Salerna, 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, backs his Bradley Fighting Vehicle ...

Dishwasher Loading - Teenage Instructional Video #2 - YouTube
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/willreid.co Website: http://www.willreid.co Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/willreidco Well here it is! The ...

End to leave loading will recoup 'small beer'
End to leave loading will recoup 'small beer'

Penalty rates: Loadings for working weekends and holidays could be over
This could be the last Christmas millions of Australian workers will claim penalty rates for working on weekends and public holidays, unions ...

Google announces service to speed loading of news articles
Google shows off initiative to ensure news articles load more quickly on the web, but one name was conspicuously absent from the presentation. ...

Resources last updated: 3/25/2016 10:52:57 AM