Amiga Emulation destroys Amiga PPC / Amiga One for less money and is more functional

My Current setup:

Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 ghz)
Abit KV8 MAX motherboard
1 gigabyte PC3200 (DDR 400) RAM
GeForce 4 TI 4400 (soon to be replaced by an GF FX 6800)
80 gig ATA 133 HDD
8X Plextor DVD +/- RW
16x DVD ROM
Win XP Pro
Microsoft Wireles Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
Microsoft Desktop Elite keyboard

A few notes:  I keep high end stuff in my machine.  The video card is next
to be replaced.  The setup above, cost LESS than an Amiga One motherboard
and some (if you can find it) ancient PC133 RAM.

Windows XP I have used for almost 3 years now... never ONCE have I had a
bluescreen, except for on my old setup (Athlon 1400) when some RAM went bad.
Not once.  Never lost a file.  Ever.  If you know what you are doing, XP is
the hands down most stable, fastest and easy to use OS on the planet right
now.  Period.

For those of you (i.e. TerryTroll, Vladmir the Communist Moron) who are so
blindingly PC-stupid, I will let you know that an AMD 64 @ 2 ghz is just as
fast in nearly all trials as a Pentium 4 @ 3ghz.  It has to do with a far
better chip design .. and the 64 bit extensions (when used) help too.  So
when possible, choose AMD.  Its cheaper and performs better.

On UAE, running some tests in SysSpeed, my UAE Amiga is something like 600x
faster than an Amiga 060 in memory tests ... and something like 90x faster
on CPU tests.  I will run the test again when I have a few minutes and maybe
even save a module to get some hard numbers.

The point is, my PC, running Windows XP, running an EMULATION of an Amiga on
top of that, at the LEAST is 20x faster  than you can EVER hope something as
ridiculously overpriced and underspecced as an Amiga One.  And it would be
even faster if I bothered with Amithlon.

So why don't you get your heads out of your asses, admit that Amiga hardware
is dead (cause it is DEAD, no overpriced motherboard will change that), and
continue on with Amithlon or UAE.

RaYzor

0
no1418 (314)
7/12/2004 11:03:40 AM
comp.sys.amiga.advocacy 450 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:03:40 GMT, "RaYzor" wrote:

> My Current setup:
>
> Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 ghz)
> Abit KV8 MAX motherboard
> 1 gigabyte PC3200 (DDR 400) RAM
> GeForce 4 TI 4400 (soon to be replaced by an GF FX 6800)
> 80 gig ATA 133 HDD
> 8X Plextor DVD +/- RW
> 16x DVD ROM
> Win XP Pro
> Microsoft Wireles Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
> Microsoft Desktop Elite keyboard

Can you post emulated PPC benchmarks with PearPC (PPC emulator), and
then continue to claim that your cool PC emulates the current Amigas
faster than they are.

hint: you can use MacOSX benchmarking tools.

--
http://drhirudo.hit.bg

0
drhirudo (451)
7/12/2004 12:17:54 PM
RaYzor <no@no.no.net.org.tv.com.edu.welf> wrote:
> Windows XP I have used for almost 3 years now... never ONCE have I had a
> bluescreen, except for on my old setup (Athlon 1400) when some RAM went
> bad. Not once.  Never lost a file.  Ever.  If you know what you are
> doing, XP is the hands down most stable, fastest and easy to use OS on
> the planet right now.  Period.

I've got an OSX machine here that begs to differ, but this isn't
comp.sys.mac.advocacy, so I'll let that rest...

> The point is, my PC, running Windows XP, running an EMULATION of an Amiga
> on top of that, at the LEAST is 20x faster  than you can EVER hope
> something as ridiculously overpriced and underspecced as an Amiga One.
> And it would be even faster if I bothered with Amithlon.

If you think a 2Ghz Athlon64 is 20x or more faster than a 700-900Mhz PowerPC
G3 you're doing some serious underestimation of the performance a
750FX/750GX can show...

Sure, a 2ghz A64 will be faster, and I doubt anyone would claim otherwise,
but you're looking at a performance delta well within a single order of
magnitude.

-JB

0
JamesBoswell (241)
7/13/2004 4:04:33 PM
Ventzislav Tzvetkov <drHirudo@mail.bg> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:03:40 GMT, "RaYzor" wrote:
>
>> My Current setup:
>>
>> Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 ghz)
>> Abit KV8 MAX motherboard
>> 1 gigabyte PC3200 (DDR 400) RAM
>> GeForce 4 TI 4400 (soon to be replaced by an GF FX 6800)
>> 80 gig ATA 133 HDD
>> 8X Plextor DVD +/- RW
>> 16x DVD ROM
>> Win XP Pro
>> Microsoft Wireles Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
>> Microsoft Desktop Elite keyboard
>
> Can you post emulated PPC benchmarks with PearPC (PPC emulator), and
> then continue to claim that your cool PC emulates the current Amigas
> faster than they are.
>
> hint: you can use MacOSX benchmarking tools.

Actually, that would return non-accurate results, regardless, a 2Ghz
Athlon64 isn't 20x faster than a 900Mhz G3 when they're both running native
code, 3-4x faster maybe, I could have believed that...

but two orders of magnitude?... um.. no.

-JB

0
JamesBoswell (241)
7/13/2004 4:44:19 PM
I must say I'm absolutly dumbfounded....

I havn't read or posted in this group since 1996, yet the same exact
arguments are being argued by nearly the same exact people (Tpalfrey).

I don't know whether to feel pity or ... awe

But having a collection now of around 10-15 obsolete machines I must
say when it comes to emulations, nothing beats the real thing.

Even vm-ware from Linux to XP or vice-versa isn't as good as having
the equivilant slower box running only the OS.

I think it has to do with "focus".

Anyhow...

I'll go away for another 8 years and see if things have changed here.

John
(jnelson@eciad.bc.ca for the google inclined)

"RaYzor" <no@no.no.net.org.tv.com.edu.welf> wrote in message
: The point is, my PC, running Windows XP, running an EMULATION of an
Amiga on
: top of that, at the LEAST is 20x faster  than you can EVER hope
something as
: ridiculously overpriced and underspecced as an Amiga One.  And it
would be
: even faster if I bothered with Amithlon.

Here's something that noone else seems to have mentioned.....you
aren't even emulating the machine that you're bitching about, loser.

0
mulberry (23)
7/29/2004 9:15:53 PM
"John Nelson" <john.nelson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I must say I'm absolutly dumbfounded....
>
> I havn't read or posted in this group since 1996, yet the same exact
> arguments are being argued by nearly the same exact people (Tpalfrey).
>
> I don't know whether to feel pity or ... awe
>
> But having a collection now of around 10-15 obsolete machines I must
> say when it comes to emulations, nothing beats the real thing.
>
> Even vm-ware from Linux to XP or vice-versa isn't as good as having
> the equivilant slower box running only the OS.
>
> I think it has to do with "focus".
>
> Anyhow...
>
> I'll go away for another 8 years and see if things have changed here.

There won't be anyone here to advocate the use of an Amiga in eight years...
oh, wait, there isn't anyone advocating the Amiga *NOW*.

0
no-one5 (580)
7/29/2004 9:28:54 PM
"Callipygian Nullifidian" <mulberry@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "RaYzor" <no@no.no.net.org.tv.com.edu.welf> wrote in message
> : The point is, my PC, running Windows XP, running an EMULATION of an
> Amiga on
> : top of that, at the LEAST is 20x faster  than you can EVER hope
> something as
> : ridiculously overpriced and underspecced as an Amiga One.  And it
> would be
> : even faster if I bothered with Amithlon.
>
> Here's something that noone else seems to have mentioned.....you
> aren't even emulating the machine that you're bitching about, loser.

ITS COOL WORD CALLIPYGIAN !!!

FOOL FOOL FOOLFOOLFOOL
FOOL      FOOL
FOOL FOOL!!!

also  FOOL FOOOL FOOL FOOL   FOOL FOOL

You suck, Callipygian.

RaYzor

0
no1418 (314)
7/30/2004 1:35:54 AM
"RaYzor" <no@no.no.net.org.tv.com.edu.welf> wrote in message
: You suck, Callipygian.

Go away kid, you write like a ten year old...then again, I expect that
you probably are.

0
mulberry (23)
8/6/2004 7:30:13 PM
"Clockmeister" <no-one@nowhere.com> wrote in message

: There won't be anyone here to advocate the use of an Amiga in eight
years...
: oh, wait, there isn't anyone advocating the Amiga *NOW*.

Even if it were true, it'd make no difference to you, slimeball.

0
mulberry (23)
8/6/2004 7:31:03 PM
Callipygian Nullifidian wrote:
> "RaYzor" <no@no.no.net.org.tv.com.edu.welf> wrote in message
> : You suck, Callipygian.
>
> Go away kid, you write like a ten year old...then again, I expect that
> you probably are.

That would make him about 6 years your senior.

--
Gary Beeton

0
gbeeton (1728)
8/6/2004 8:12:18 PM
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:30:13 -0500, "Callipygian Nullifidian"
<mulberry@ameritech.net> wrote:

>Go away kid, you write like a ten year old...then again, I expect that
>you probably are.

 I guess it takes on to know one.

0
no.spam (372)

ctrl amiga amiga
Hi, Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb) Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine appears to be running fine. Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little annoying, any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Mike Ballantyne "Mike Ballantyne" <mikeb@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<GdYvc.5418$rz4.1631@news-server.bigpond.net.au>... > Hi, > > Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb) > > Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine > appears to be running fine. > > Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little annoying, > any suggestions would be appreciated. > > Regards, > > Mike Ballantyne Check if all three keys on the keyboard actually work... There must be some proggy on Aminet to reboot the machine... "Jan Klok" <jklok@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba4aabbe.0406041349.44ef6fe2@posting.google.com... > "Mike Ballantyne" <mikeb@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<GdYvc.5418$rz4.1631@news-server.bigpond.net.au>... > > Hi, > > > > Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb) > > > > Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine > > appears to be running fine. > > > > Rebooting the machine...

What can Amiga Classic or Amiga One do better than Windows, Linux or MacOS ?
An open question for any to answer, but specifically targetted at Terry Troll. "What can Amiga Classic or Amiga One do better than Windows, Linux or Macintosh" Well there is the question. Very plain and simple. Lets have Terry Troll answer the question, and then he will finally be advocating the Amiga. There are a few rules tho. These rules are based on Terry's blind alligence to Amiga and how it is better than anything _MODERN_ ... 1) Compare any Amiga with MODERN OS's. i.e. for Windows, use 2000 or XP. For Mac use the X series. For Linux use any distribution that i...

FS: Amiga 3000, Amiga 2000 and More
After being stiffed, TWICE, on getting some hard ROMs for my beloved A3000, a friend of mine came up with an offer on some of his old PC equipment that I just couldn't refuse. But in order for me to get it I have to depart from Amiga HW, at least for now. There for I am selling my Amiga 3000 and my FastLane Z3 board. Now Pay attention closely. My Amiga 3000 is fully functional from a hardware standpoint. It is capable of booting with or without the Fastlane Z3 card installed. However an error in the softkick bootroms cause the computer to guru and not properly. The installed OS1.4 ROMs will automatically boot the OS2.0 ROM that's installed on the computer, but it errors out. I managed to get the computer to boot to workbench on using a Floppy that was mailed to me from another usenet user. Much appreciated Mike. It was a tricky process but I finally managed to boot to Workbench. So now I know the specs of the computer. Again, this problem is easily repaired by getting hardroms for the Amiga. Well as easy as someone NOT stiffing you like I have been twice. It can also be repaired if you have another Amiga with a SCSI controller. Just get a copy of the ROMs from the kickstart disks I am including to repair the bad ones on the computer. This is something I would have done myself if I had been able to get a working SCSI controller for my A2000. This is an Amiga 3000-030/25MHZ 2MEG Chip 16MEG 50NS Fast onboard 100MB HD 880K F...

CNet Amiga BBS on Amiga 500?
Hello, I have an Amiga 500 and would like to run CNet Amiga BBS on it. It has a hard drive and is running 2.0 ROMs, do I need to be running a better CPU then the 68000? And which versions will work on this setup if any? And anyone know where to get a copy since Zen Metal is no longer making it available? Thanks, Tommy ...

Your Amiga Top Ten Amiga Games
Hello For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever? thanks. greetings from Spain. On 04-Nov-04 12:03:29, Landoq said >Hello >For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever? >thanks. >greetings from Spain. Donde estar Carlos Sainz???!!!!!!!!!!! ;) So where are your top ten? My top ten today are (and in no particular order): Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and sound ever put in a game. Celtic Legends - A sort of Lor...

Amiga hardware simulation: check this out amiga lovers
Long time ago, I made a project called Smart Communications between an Atari 800 and Amiga 500. Now I ported and added more features to the program and called it MPDOS for PC. It let's you simulate the Atari and Amiga peripherals like joysticks, mice, keyboards, and disk drives using a special cable and software. The software runs under all Windows OS including Windows 3.1. You can check out the details at http://amiga.krishnasoft.com. Joysticks, mice, keyboards, and disk drives eventually go bad but motherboards usually don't so by using the PC to simulate these peripherals, you can continue to use your amiga rather than trash it just because some peripherals stopped functioning. I have some auctions so you can take a shot at getting it below retail pricing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320065196654&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011 Email me for any questions. ...

FA:4000T, Amiga Unix, X11 for Amiga,More
Got a 4000T on eBay. Original Amiga Technologies, not a tower kit. Also got a complete, in-the-box Amiga Unix 2.0 with all manuals, tape, and disks. Some A3000 ZipRAM X11 X Windows System for Amiga by GfxBase Inc. IF you're into older PowerMacs, I also have a relatively rare DayStar Genesis MP 720+ with Quad 604e/180's in it. Check out: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sharkonwheels Thanks! ...

What IS Amiga?
Some people think Amiga is the Operating System. Some people figure that Amiga is the hardware machines. But they have forgotten how Amiga was born. Amiga isn't any of those things.. Amiga was at first a VISION in some geniuses minds .. or souls. Or maybe in some higher plane where it then descended to those geniuses.. In any case.. Amiga cannot really ever DIE. Because it is an immortal VISION .. therefore it can reincarnate in a better world somewhere in the universe, maybe already has. Maybe our version of Amiga never was as good as it can be on other planets or civilizations. Because Amiga is a vision .. even a nuclear war couldn't destroy it. After a civilization rises again to the level of computers, Amiga will be reincarnated as it is alive as long as there is even one soul keeping this vision alive. And I am sure that after death (in the astral world) there are many people who are in clear contact with this vision. It might take different incarnations in different technology levels.. but on Earth, the visionless computers have taken over, and there is no room for such a vision to immerge again until something changes .. So .. in my thinking, Amiga lives as a VISION, and also as some reincarnated hardwire with a SOUL as our Amiga-computers had .. something that will inspire people to create things of beauty and wonder, something that will allow people to really express their divine souls again in their full glory .. Well, this is...

My Amiga
My Amiga: My Amiga has 256M of RAM. Did you ever have that much? My Amiga is still my main machine. Can you say that? I'm going to buy an AOne in one incarnation or another. Can you say that? I've had pretty much the same working environment on my Amiga for the last ten years. Have any of you got a ten year old computer? I still enjoy using my Amiga. Can you say that? I can and just did. Terry -- The "From:" address has been ROT13d as an antiSPAM measure Noel <no.spam@thank.you> wrote: 222 344302 <425sg09eqvq2ha8pmu21flsq8ehpvjlshk@4ax.com> > On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 03:49:35 -0000, "tpalfrey" <tpalfrey@zool.com> > wrote: > >My Amiga: > >My Amiga has 256M of RAM. > >Did you ever have that much? > Yes, in my Mac, and my PCs I have six times that amount. The question was about your Amiga, please pay attention. We already know that pc's/mac's need extraordinary amounts of RAM to be useful > >My Amiga is still my main machine. > >Can you say that? > No, I am not terminally wedded to the past. Neither am I. Do you see me using a typewriter still? > >I'm going to buy an AOne in one incarnation or another. > >Can you say that? > No, I can't say that, as I have no need to invest in outdated > technology. Heh, like the mac's of the last fifteen years? > >I've had pretty much the same working environment on my Amiga for...

The AMIGA is DEAD, it's an ex-AMIGA!!!
Why don't you just use the old crap as a doorstopper (*) and buy a modern PC??? AMIGA is DEAD, please let it rest in peace!!! (*) or as a paperweight. "Lucas J. Riesau" <ion_sphere@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182352851.681408.54810@c77g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Why don't you just use the old crap as a doorstopper (*) and > buy a modern PC??? > > AMIGA is DEAD, please let it rest in peace!!! > > (*) or as a paperweight. > Yes, Amiga is dead. Your point was? Clockmeister wrote: > > "Lucas J. ...

Amiga no more
It's finally over. Failing AmigaOne hardware, manufacturer bankrupt, no warranty or support, virtually no development, no momentum to move the platform forward and a user base so small and shrinking further that it's become irrelevant. We can close this chapter in computer history, though most already had a decade ago. Clockmeister wrote: > It's finally over. > > Failing AmigaOne hardware, manufacturer bankrupt, no warranty or support, > virtually no development, no momentum to move the platform forward and a > user base so small and shrinking further that it's become irrelevant. > > We can close this chapter in computer history, though most already had a > decade ago. http://www.the-snakepit.co.uk/epistula/ 'Nuff said. Yeah however, it will live forever in its classic form with Amiga Forever..very stable and usable emulator! "Clockmeister" <no-one@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:42f93234@duster.adelaide.on.net... > It's finally over. > > Failing AmigaOne hardware, manufacturer bankrupt, no warranty or support, > virtually no development, no momentum to move the platform forward and a > user base so small and shrinking further that it's become irrelevant. > > We can close this chapter in computer history, though most already had a > decade ago. > > > > > > > Terry wrote: > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:52:58 +0800, "Clockmeister" wrote...

FS: Bunch of Amiga and Amiga Related Items For Sale
If interested in any of these items, email me for more info and pics. Thanks. DPS V-Scope Waveform/Vectorscope Amiga Video Toaster/PC $175.00 (2) Feral Effect 4:2:2 TBC's for PC/Amiga Video Toaster $225.00 PC/IBM ISA Personal Animation Recorder DPS PAR BOXED! $140.00 Amiga Deluxe Paint IV AGA w/2 Tutorial VHS Tapes +MORE $40.00 Lot of Software for Amiga NewTek Video Toaster Flyer $50.00 Amiga Newtek Video Toaster 4000 & Flyer Boards Combo $325.00 - Wild Fire v5 - Manual&CD Amiga FX/Animation Editor $25.00 - B.E.S.T. Business Management v3.0L - for Amiga $10.00 Studio Professional II - Ultimate Amiga Printer Utility Disks $10.00 VTU 101 Amiga Video Toaster Tricks by Lee Stranahan $10.00 Art Department Professional v2.5(ADPro) $25.00 Set of Commodore Amiga 500/2000 8520A CIA Chips $15.00 Amiga NewTek Video Toaster 4000 3.0/3.1 Disks & Manual $50.00 Amiga NewTek Video Toaster Flyer 4.2 CD/Disk & Manuals $75.00 Stealth FlyerWire AV8R Jog/Shuttle Amiga Toaster Flyer $100.00 Amilink Boards for use with Amiga NewTek Video Toaster $50.00 Commodore Amiga 4000 040 Desktop Case with Power Supply $40.00 4gb Seagate Medalist ST34321A 40pin IDE HD Amiga 4000 $20.00 6.4gb Quantum Fireball CX IDE Amiga 4000(T) Harddrive $25.00 9gb DiamondMax Maxtor IDE Amiga 4000(T) Harddrive $30.00 20GB Maxtor Ultra ATA IDE 7200rpm Drive $35.00 2gb HP Compaq C2490A 50pin SCSI 6400rpm HardDrive $20.00 4gb Seagate Hawk ST15230N 50pin SCSI HardDrive $20.00 4gb Sea...

FA: AMIGA POWER-STICK
For Auction: The company Jay Miner began to drive funding for the new computer he had in mind. Which we all know as Amiga (from Commodore, though Atari was in the running til the last minute) . Here is one of the rare but excellent joysticks produced by the company Amiga The Power-Stick - see it here: http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/83202289 ...

Is there Amiga Web Site Where I can download Classic Amiga Games
Hello All, Do you you know any sites where I can download classic Amiga games like Lotus,Turrican,Lemmings etc.I have looked on the net but can't find any sites.Can any one suggest any sites where I can go to and download these classic games.Thanks in advance MS "Amigaman" <chrysleraustralia@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1118888044.608778.45620@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hello All, > Do you you know any sites where I can download classic Amiga games like > Lotus,Turrican,Lemmings etc.I have looked on the net but can't find any > s...

Need help transferring Commodore Amiga files from i-Mac to Amiga
I have some disk images that were used in UAE (Amiga Emulator) and I want to write them to floppies in Amiga format. So in a perfect world I would click a file, drag it onto a floppy (Amiga formatted - but if the utility formatted it too, great!) and take that floppy and plug it into my antiquated Amiga 1000. What type of disk drive / utilities do I need to accomplish this? Hardware: i-Mac, 1.25ghz, 17" LCD, 1 gig ram, 80gb hd Amiga 1000, 1mb of ram, 1 floppy drive also an Amiga 500, 1mb of RAM, 1 floppy drive. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Amiga 1200 HD with network card, Amiga 500, accessories
Please take a look at my eBay auction if you are interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5137050536&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT ...

Amiga One waste of money
I hear OS4 and the Amiga One are a kludge and unstable, is it true Terry? In article <41f8f256$1@duster.adelaide.on.net> you wrote: >I hear OS4 and the Amiga One are a kludge and unstable, is it true Terry? May I tell personal opinion? First some of my background (wow! Some real information in this group...). I have been Amiga user since 1987, when first A1000 arrived to this university. I bought my A500/OS1.2 the same year. Before that I had C64 and I had used every other _real_ computer including Lisa, XT, university mainframe computer,... Later I changed my A500 to A2000 and took care of all the Amigas installed here (A500+, A2000, A3000/25, A4000+PPC). Simultaneously I used every Windows version since DosShell, every Apple version up to 8 and selveral workstation class machines. I still have A1200+PPC + OS3.9 + 128 M FAST RAM + 5 G HD + SCSI scanner, QIC-150 tape, DAT, CD-RW, GenLock... And I have really large selection of commercial official software! Still I wanted to buy AmigaOne immediately it became available. I installed Debian some 5 times to it (as it destroyed itself every now and then, even destroyed the installation CD when I was trying to get the CD-RW working in linux). It was a great joy to format my 80 G HD to AmigaOS4 prerelease. Even if it was lacking printer support, USB support and several other useful ports, it could run my FinalWriter and plenty of other software. When I got first update, I could use the printer and do some great graphi...

Amiga Emulator?
Has anybody noticed the advert on the back of issue 8 of Retro Gamer, theres an advert for a full blown Amiga emulator CD-ROM, which is allegedly Acorn compatible, there doesn't appear to be any reference to running it on an Acorn, only the box cover says 'Acorn compatible' anyone know anything about this ? http:://www.onyabikesite.co.uk/amigaemulator.htm cheers Matthew -- to reply remove "_No_Spam_" to reply Message Sent from an Iyonix (www.iyonix.com) running RISC OS 5.06 In message <a6ac1ff54c.MThompson@MThompson.aaugonline.net> ...

Some Amiga advocacy
When was the last time you had that of jaw dropping WOW factor sensation. Mine was the first time I saw and heard an Amiga demo, and probably the last time as far as computer hardware goes. I couldn't shuffle my Atari ST setup into the corner quick enough, I had to buy an Amiga. On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 07:02:56 +0800, "Clockmeister" <no-one@nowhere.com> wrote: >When was the last time you had that of jaw dropping WOW factor sensation. > >Mine was the first time I saw and heard an Amiga demo, and probably the last >time as far as computer hardware goes. > >I couldn't shuffle my Atari ST setup into the corner quick enough, I had to >buy an Amiga. Hungarlish? Some Hungarlish? :) __i_b_ozic__ > + On 04-Dec-05 00:02:56 +Clockmeister <no-one@nowhere.com> wrote >When was the last time you had that of jaw dropping WOW factor sensation. >Mine was the first time I saw and heard an Amiga demo, and probably the last >time as far as computer hardware goes. Dont remember, either it was on the Amiga, or Silicon Graphics.. WOW sensations on the Amiga: - HAM pictures (A500) - Photonpaint (A500) - Demos, like Rebels megademo II and SOTA. - HAM8 painting - TVPaint (om gfxcard), soo fast and smooth in 24bit on a 68030-25. On SGI: - When I visited a company that made stuff for TV and was running a Onyx2 with infinite reality gfx and Softimage software, I was stunned.. however that setup costed more money than all m...

..Scoop!! Pc hardware runs amiga software faster than amiga hardware!!
its true.. heres the proof.. http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html Who can refute this evidence? On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:40:30 +0800, "MrJumbles" <fauxbrick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >its true.. >heres the proof.. >http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html > >Who can refute this evidence? and yes, amithlon is great Amiga on PC :) > > > "Sam Smith" <sam@potionp.co.uk> wrote in news:bhvmoa$cle$1$8300dec7 @news.demon.co.uk: > What a shame you can't get Amithlon anymore though :( That's not entirely accurate. Amithlon is no longer bei...

FA: SUPER BUSTER Rev. 11 For Amiga 4000 Amiga 3000
Hi, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4133189591 Remove the NO-SPAM to reply Regards ...

On eBay UK: Over 100 Amiga games and 400 Amiga cover disks
I'm selling absolutely every last Amiga game that I could find in my loft. Many of these are still boxed with manuals! The list is on the auction. Also included is my complete collection of Amiga cover disks (but not the magazines they came with!) - this includes over 400 disks! Again, the complete list is on the auction. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8256376829 google@davidglover.org wrote: > I'm selling absolutely every last Amiga game that I could find in my > loft. Many of these are still boxed with manuals! The list is on the > auction. > > Also included is my complete collection of Amiga cover disks (but not > the magazines they came with!) - this includes over 400 disks! Again, > the complete list is on the auction. > > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8256376829 �100? Are you mad? On 31 Jan 2006 13:51:38 -0800, google@davidglover.org wrote: >I'm selling absolutely every last Amiga game that I could find in my >loft. Many of these are still boxed with manuals! The list is on the >auction. > >Also included is my complete collection of Amiga cover disks (but not >the magazines they came with!) - this includes over 400 disks! Again, >the complete list is on the auction. > >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8256376829 Quite a pic you got there. Awesome though a bit off hand. --+-- naray...

FA: SUPER BUSTER Rev. 11 For Amiga 4000 Amiga 3000
Hi, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4133189591 Remove the NO-SPAM to reply Regards ...

UPS: Destroying Amigas from day one! ;)
Well another Amiga monitor damaged by UPS. A mint 1084S I won on eBay arrived cracked and broken, but it does work still :P Seems the box was dropped. Ah don't you love UPS? Years ago a A2000 arrived completely demolished on my doorstep. The box looked like it was rolled down a steep hill! The 2000 did not work of course. I wonder how many Amigas are getting destroyed in shipping? Any others? Tim Hello Tim > Well another Amiga monitor damaged by UPS. A mint 1084S I won on eBay > arrived cracked and broken, but it does work still :P Seems the box was > dropped. Ah don't you love UPS? Years ago a A2000 arrived completely > demolished on my doorstep. The box looked like it was rolled down a steep > hill! The 2000 did not work of course. I wonder how many Amigas are > getting destroyed in shipping? Any others? > > Tim > It depends on how things are packed. My 1084s arrived in perfect condition though UPS had gouged the box and caved in a couple of corners. The guy I bought it from double boxed it, and had three inches of foam chips between the two boxes. This is the only reason it arrived unscathed. -- Mike Leavitt "Mike Leavitt" <ac998@lafn.org> wrote in message news:40881706.MD-1.4.15.ac998@lafn.org... > Hello Tim > > Well another Amiga monitor damaged by UPS. A mint 1084S I won on eBay > > arrived cracked and broken, but it does work still :P S...

Web resources about - Amiga Emulation destroys Amiga PPC / Amiga One for less money and is more functional - comp.sys.amiga.advocacy

Functional completeness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... set of connectives is { AND, NOT }, consisting of binary conjunction and negation . The singleton sets { NAND } and { NOR } are also functionally ...

PenSe makes your Apple Pencil more functional and better protected
... port is problematic, at best. To help you better protect your sketching tool, the folks over at Appostasy have introduced a multifunctional ...

Panasonic Develops 10 Times Higher Saturation and Highly Functional Global Shutter Technology by Controlling ...
This global shutter technology enables high-precision imaging of high speed moving objects. In addition, fine motion sensing is realized through ...

Functional human hearts regenerated from skin cells
A team of researchers has used adult skin cells to regenerate functional human heart tissue, a major step forward in bioengineering organs.

Wearables to grow if they can be fashionable and functional
Interest in wearable tech remains strong, according to analyst firm IDC, despite slower than expected smartwatch sales last year. A key factor ...

Wylie Dufresne Reveals His Super Functional Home Kitchen
In honor of this week's relaunch of Eater sister site Curbed , Eater New York headed to Lyme, Connecticut to peek around the kitchen of chef ...

Functional human heart tissue grown from skin cells
The need for heart transplants will always exceed the number of donor hearts available for transplant. Thanks to research just out from Massachusetts ...

Gassier Than Usual? These Functional Food Ingredients Might Be Why.
The food industry has discovered an ingenious way to increase the fiber content of foods without having to lean heavily on whole food ingredients ...

Redditor finds a surprisingly functional use for this 1984 Macintosh
One man’s trash is another man’s…trashcan. The man in question? Redditor Hahabird, who turned a 1984 Macintosh he found at a surplus store into ...

Scientists Have Created Functional Sperm From Stem Cells
Credit: Southern Illinois University Scientists from China have made history by taking a cell that’s not a sperm cell and then used it to create ...