Your Amiga Top Ten Amiga Games

Hello

For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever?

thanks.

greetings from Spain.
0
landoq
11/4/2004 12:03:29 PM
comp.sys.amiga.games 1059 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 04-Nov-04 12:03:29, Landoq said
>Hello

>For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever?

>thanks.

>greetings from Spain.

Donde estar Carlos Sainz???!!!!!!!!!!!     ;)

So where are your top ten?

My top ten today are (and in no particular order):

Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take
over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and
sound ever put in a game.

Celtic Legends - A sort of Lord of the Rings semi-strategy, with a lot of
freedom for using magic and muscle, and an excellent GUI.

Carrier Command - Were strategy, action and a stonking great chest of tous
ever blended this well? John?  :)

Midwinter - Like Carrier Command a nice blend of 3D action and strategy,
and lots of "cool" (well, sub-zero actually) atmosphere.

Star Crusader - Great space dogfighting, with loads of neat animation and
dialogue, and some real variety to the missions within the story arc.

Uridium II - Beautifully playable blasting with gorgeous graphics and
sound - masterful.

Alien Breed 3D - in terms of atmosphere it leaves Doom and most of the
others standing, a high res version would have been the icing on the cake.

UFO: Enemy Unknown (AGA) - If anyboy looked down their nose at this game,
even now, I'd tell them where they could put it. (Their nose, not the game.

Steel Empire/Cyber Empires/Serf Cyber Assault 559 - You want grown up
blasting with (mostly) realistic tactics and strategy, and a real
challenge? This is what the big boys play.   :)

The Settlers - Beautifully designed gameplay, graphics and sound, and a
game you could start a religion around. Sublime.

                  All the best,
                        Angus Manwaring.       (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga
Game reviews by Amiga players http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/AGDB.html

0
Angus
11/4/2004 7:17:00 PM
On 4 Nov 2004 04:03:29 -0800, landoq@landoq.com (Landoq) wrote:

> Hello
>
> For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever?
>
> thanks.
>
> greetings from Spain.

It's really hard to choose only ten...

+Agony (excellent graphic and gameplay - I like sooo much the intro
music...)
+Shadow Of The Beast (The first of the series is imho SOOO  GREAT!!!)
+Gloom SE (wow that one give you really good gothic feelings on last
levels...)
+Disposable Hero (wunderbar.. intriguing!)
+Shadow Fighter (that chrome guy is really cool!!)
+Menace (my first game... Whittaker music!)
+SWOS (erm... that's obviuous!)
+BCKid (good naive graphic... fun fun FUN!)
+Parasol Stars (just relaxing...)
+Turrican (Huelsbeck!!! Turrican run around in a very cool way!)
+Flight Of The Amazon Queen (preatty easy but I like it)
+Defender Of The Crown (BIG classic... how wonderful is raid another
ppl's castle...?)
+Dune (good feeliings ... nice music... that "spicy" eyes!)
+Fury Of The Furries (they are unbelivably funny, and almost all levels
are really playable)
+Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge 3 (I complete this game some month ago the
day I got the car driving licence... heh.. real one!)
+Super Hang On (that's an Aeternal Game... one day I will got you,
Europe! )

....infact these are 16! I'm afraid I can't cut off more...

MaU

--
MaU - NewsCoaster 1.61 on Amiga Computer -

My HomePage : - http://geocities.com/otadax -

0
MaU
11/5/2004 12:19:46 AM
On 4 Nov 2004 19:17:0 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:

> Where strategy, action and a stonking great chest of tous
> ever blended this well? John?  :)

Is that you trolling?  :)

0
John
11/5/2004 2:34:02 AM
On 4 Nov 2004 04:03:29 -0800, landoq@landoq.com (Landoq) wrote:

> Hello
>
> For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever?

In alphabetical order

Ambermoon
Civilization
Dune 2
Flashback
Hired Guns
Lemmings
Populous 2
Syndicate
The Secret of Monkey Island
The Settlers

These weren't the first ten which spring to mind but there are so many others
that the more I think about it the more I change them. So I'd best post now
before I'm up all night chopping and changing.

0
John
11/5/2004 2:38:13 AM
On 05-Nov-04 02:34:02, John Burns said
>On 4 Nov 2004 19:17:0 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:

>> Where strategy, action and a stonking great chest of tous
>> ever blended this well? John?  :)

>Is that you trolling?  :)

Most definitely.   :)

                  All the best,
                        Angus Manwaring.       (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga
Game reviews by Amiga players http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/AGDB.html

0
Angus
11/5/2004 5:05:10 PM
On 4 Nov 2004 19:17:0 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:

> Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take
> over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and
> sound ever put in a game.

> Uridium II - Beautifully playable blasting with gorgeous graphics and
> sound - masterful.

angus, could you tell me where I can find some demo of these games? they
sounds really interesting and I want to have a try before start to
ebay-search for em...
Thank you!

PS: where could I find a faq about this NG?

--
MaU - NewsCoaster 1.61 on Amiga Computer -

My HomePage : - http://geocities.com/otadax -

0
MaU
11/5/2004 10:41:08 PM
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:41:08 GMT, "MaU" wrote:

> On 4 Nov 2004 19:17:0 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:
>
> > Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take
> > over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and
> > sound ever put in a game.
>

> > Uridium II - Beautifully playable blasting with gorgeous graphics and
> > sound - masterful.
> >

> angus, could you tell me where I can find some demo of these games? they
> sounds really interesting and I want to have a try before start to
> ebay-search for em...
> Thank you!

There are direct links to legal downloads of both these games on my site
http://eager.back2roots.org/

There is a demo of Paradroid 90 on Aminet.

0
John
11/6/2004 2:34:36 AM
For the are :

Shadow of the beast
Super car 2
Lotus Turbo esprit
Shadow of the beast 2
Lotus turbo esprit 2
Populous 2
Syndicate
Kick of 2 +
Another world
Loom

But we can't have a top 10
i think you have to make a top of 3 games for each categories of games, like
adventure, simulation, platform etc....
if not they have too many games who can enter in the top 10 !!!

0
kjayh
11/6/2004 12:26:12 PM
On 05-Nov-04 22:41:08, MaU said
>On 4 Nov 2004 19:17:0 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:

>> Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take
>> over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and
>> sound ever put in a game.

>> Uridium II - Beautifully playable blasting with gorgeous graphics and
>> sound - masterful.
>>

>angus, could you tell me where I can find some demo of these games? they
>sounds really interesting and I want to have a try before start to
>ebay-search for em...
>Thank you!

MaU, there's a brilliant demo of Paradroid '90 on Aminet (as John said).
It has the entire first level. There is also a cool demo of Uridium 2 on a
coverdisk, for The One, if you need that, I'm sure it can be found.

The Settlers had a demo disk too, as did Alien Breed 3D.... as for the
rest, I don't think so.

http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/csagfaq.html

http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/csagfaq.txt

                  All the best,
                        Angus Manwaring.       (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga
Game reviews by Amiga players http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/AGDB.html

0
Angus
11/6/2004 6:59:06 PM
On 06 Nov 2004 03:34:36 +0100, "John Burns" wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:41:08 GMT, "MaU" wrote:
>

> > On 4 Nov 2004 19:17:0 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:
> >
> > > Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take
> > > over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and
> > > sound ever put in a game.
> >

> > > Uridium II - Beautifully playable blasting with gorgeous graphics and
> > > sound - masterful.
> > >

> > angus, could you tell me where I can find some demo of these games? they
> > sounds really interesting and I want to have a try before start to
> > ebay-search for em...
> > Thank you!
>
> There are direct links to legal downloads of both these games on my site
> http://eager.back2roots.org/
>
> There is a demo of Paradroid 90 on Aminet.

Thank you!

--
MaU - NewsCoaster 1.61 on Amiga Computer -

My HomePage : - http://geocities.com/otadax -

0
MaU
11/6/2004 9:41:30 PM
On 6 Nov 2004 18:59:6 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:

> On 05-Nov-04 22:41:08, MaU said
> >On 4 Nov 2004 19:17:0 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:
>
> >> Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take
> >> over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and
> >> sound ever put in a game.
>

> >> Uridium II - Beautifully playable blasting with gorgeous graphics and
> >> sound - masterful.
> >>

> >angus, could you tell me where I can find some demo of these games? they
> >sounds really interesting and I want to have a try before start to
> >ebay-search for em...
> >Thank you!
>
> MaU, there's a brilliant demo of Paradroid '90 on Aminet (as John said).
> It has the entire first level. There is also a cool demo of Uridium 2 on a
> coverdisk, for The One, if you need that, I'm sure it can be found.
>
> The Settlers had a demo disk too, as did Alien Breed 3D.... as for the
> rest, I don't think so.
>

> >PS: where could I find a faq about this NG?
>

> http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/csagfaq.html
>
> http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/csagfaq.txt

Thank you!

--
MaU - NewsCoaster 1.61 on Amiga Computer -

My HomePage : - http://geocities.com/otadax -

0
MaU
11/6/2004 9:42:18 PM
On 6 Nov 2004 18:59:6 +0000, "Angus Manwaring" wrote:

> The Settlers had a demo disk too, as did Alien Breed 3D.... as for the rest,
> I don't think so.

If you check out the following page on my site you'll find a list of game demos

http://eager.back2roots.org/DEMO/index.html

Some are actually on my site whilst others are on Aminet (the Aminet path is on
the games data page). I have loads more on my hard drives and on coverdisks/CDs
which I haven't yet had a chance to sort and upload.

0
John
11/7/2004 3:04:26 AM
Landoq wrote:

> Hello
>
> For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever?
>
> thanks.
>
> greetings from Spain.

Well, that's a very personal thing. But then "personal favourites" are
more interesting than "best" (hence the snobbishness of Amiga Power
etc)

In no particular order and off the top of my head:

Formula One Grand Prix (anyone remember the HoF?)
Speedball 2
The Settlers
F/A-18 Interceptor
Eye of the Beholder
The Great Giana Sisters
Civilisation
Alien Breed 3D 2
F-117A Stealth Fighter
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge (has anyone won Wales?)
0
Graham
11/7/2004 7:58:14 AM
MaU wrote:

> On 4 Nov 2004 04:03:29 -0800, landoq@landoq.com (Landoq) wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever?
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > greetings from Spain.
>
> It's really hard to choose only ten...
>
> +Agony (excellent graphic and gameplay - I like sooo much the intro
> music...)
> +Shadow Of The Beast (The first of the series is imho SOOO  GREAT!!!)
> +Gloom SE (wow that one give you really good gothic feelings on last
> levels...)
> +Disposable Hero (wunderbar.. intriguing!)
> +Shadow Fighter (that chrome guy is really cool!!)
> +Menace (my first game... Whittaker music!)
> +SWOS (erm... that's obviuous!)
> +BCKid (good naive graphic... fun fun FUN!)
> +Parasol Stars (just relaxing...)
> +Turrican (Huelsbeck!!! Turrican run around in a very cool way!)
> +Flight Of The Amazon Queen (preatty easy but I like it)
> +Defender Of The Crown (BIG classic... how wonderful is raid another
> ppl's castle...?)
> +Dune (good feeliings ... nice music... that "spicy" eyes!)
> +Fury Of The Furries (they are unbelivably funny, and almost all levels
> are really playable)
> +Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge 3 (I complete this game some month ago the
> day I got the car driving licence... heh.. real one!)

Geez, dude. I found the courses way too difficult to win on the
highest level. (Maybe I just suck?) Btw, the Windy course especially
was very difficult...and some others, I'm sure.

And I've finished Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, winning every race
except for Wales (which is understandable).

> +Super Hang On (that's an Aeternal Game... one day I will got you,
> Europe! )
>
> ...infact these are 16! I'm afraid I can't cut off more...

Haha. Call them 10= ....
0
Graham
11/7/2004 8:04:25 AM
Graham wrote:

> Well, that's a very personal thing. But then "personal favourites" are
> more interesting than "best" (hence the snobbishness of Amiga Power
> etc)

In that case, here's my top 10 "whoa, this is exactly MY kind of thing"
list, in no particular order:

Mind Walker
Air Support
Powerdrome
Blockout
Starglider 2
Datastorm
Exile (ECS)
Photon Storm
Typhoon Thompson
Overdrive (T17's one)
--
  //  }{idehiko ()gata  "I hope I didn't hurt you too much
\X/    Amiga since '86   when I killed you..." - Elmer Fudd

bekkoame is a classic Japanese candybar.
0
Hidehiko