4000T won't boot won't POST

I've had this problem for a while. Repair guys (no longer servicing Amiga's)
said it was a problem with the motherboard not posting. (I believe this is a
PC term) Said he got it working somehow by by-passing SCSI and using only
IDE. But when returned it still did not work.

Even with a new Power supply, nothing seems to power up. Even the floppy
doesn't 'flick' (that funny noise it makes upon power-up)

Any help appreciated.

thanks
Phil

0
Phil
6/4/2004 10:38:55 PM
comp.sys.amiga.hardware 1825 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Phil Bastien" <pbastien@nnby.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> I've had this problem for a while. Repair guys (no longer servicing
Amiga's)
> said it was a problem with the motherboard not posting. (I believe this is
> PC term) Said he got it working somehow by by-passing SCSI and using only
> IDE. But when returned it still did not work.

Are you using an X-Calibur accelerator? It is incompatible with the A4091
and, with my configuration, it hangs just after loading its software, when
it resets the Amiga.

I am curious about how to bypass the SCSI controller in the A4000T...

--
  ___                                                          __
 / __|___  Daniele Gratteri, Italian Commodore-Amiga user...  ///
| /  |__/  Nickname: FIAT1100D - ICQ: 53943994 Ritmo S75 __  ///
| \__|__\  Home page: http://www.gratteri.tk    forever! \\\///
 \___|     E-MAIL: daniele@gratteri.tk     ...since 1990  \///

0
Daniele

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "extremely disappointing...won't boot...won't recover...no terminal mode... Nothing"
#1167 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465548&page=117 Linux == guaranteed disappointment. On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:17:41 -0400, DFS wrote: > #1167 at > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465548&page=117 > > > Linux == guaranteed disappointment. No, it doesn't. -- Rick On 2010-07-06, the following emerged from the brain of Rick: > On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:17:41 -0400, DFS wrote: > >> #1167 at >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465548&page=117 >> >> >> Linux == guaranteed disappoi...

DVD Won't Enter, Won't Exit
Greetings, all. Long time no see. I have an iMac G5 c. Dec. 2004. A few minutes ago, I inserted a DVD, but it seems not to have mounted in the drive. The disk is just barely too far inside the machine to reach. It's not visible from the outside at all. I've gently tried to insert a second disk, hoping to push the first one all the way in, but it won't budge. I tried restarting the computer with the eject key depressed, and heard the drive trying to eject something, but, again, the disk didn't seem to move. Any ideas, short of reaching in there with a pair of tweez...

jade won't configere, won't be made..
I try to participate in the translation of the PHP manual and want to install Jade. That one goes wrong: The configure of jade goes wrong. here is the tail of config.log and the tail of the make. I use RH9 ========================================= configure:1791: c++ -o conftest -ansi -O2 -fno-implicit-templates conftest.C 1>&5 configure:1814: checking for gettext in -lintl configure:1836: c++ -o conftest -ansi -O2 -fno-implicit-templates conftest.C -lintl 1>&5 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lintl collect2: ld returned 1 exit status configure: failed program was: #line 1822 &qu...

What's This 1024 Boundry & I Don't Care If it Won't Boot
I use the D: drive for backup. It's a 160gig drive and for some reason it got partitioned to about 130gig. I'm running out of space so I tried to increase it to the maximum (155??) using Partition Magic v8. PM took the instruction and seemed to be proceeding fine. It had to reboot so I left the machine to do chores. When I came back PM had thrown up some kind of error message I didn't understand and when I pressed return to complete the reboot, I saw it had not increased the size. So I went back into PM. Now when I try to resize the partition I get this screen http:...

XP Home on 310n won't boot to Windows; boot disks don't work
Howdy, folks -- been a while since I had a problem I needed help with, but now.... :) A wonderful problem for the mavens. :( I have 2 accounts (Owner & 1 Limited) on a 310n running XP Home. After installing the latest security fix (as owner, obviously <g>), I switched to my kid's limited account to log him off before restarting. Screen went black & did not return to the owner account after a couple of seconds as it normally should have. Cold booting does not work; the machine will not boot to Windows in any mode at all: Normal, Safe/Safe with command prompt, las...

XP Home on 310n won't boot to Windows; boot disks don't work
Howdy, folks -- been a while since I had a problem I needed help with, but now.... :) A wonderful problem for the mavens. :( I have 2 accounts (Owner & 1 Limited) on a 310n running XP Home. After installing the latest security fix (as owner, obviously <g>), I switched to my kid's limited account to log him off before restarting. Screen went black & did not return to the owner account after a couple of seconds as it normally should have. Cold booting does not work; the machine will not boot to Windows in any mode at all: Normal, Safe/Safe with command prompt, last-known-goo...

Shuffle error lights! Won't sync, won't play.
Have had a Shuffle for a few weeks. Worked with Itunes just fine. About a week ago, I bought a regular G4 20GB Ipod and installed it. Also great with Itunes; no problems. Today, I tried to update the songs on the Shuffle. (The Shuffle appears in the left hand pane as one icon, the 20GB Ipod appears as another one.) The update seems to go OK but when I tried to play the songs from the Shuffle, I got no sound and only flashing red and green lights. This, I see in Ipod HELP, is an error message. In Itunes, next to the # of each song supposedly in the Shuffle, is a little grey dot. ...

eMac wouldn't boot, now won't power up
Hi folks, got a bad problem here. I was burning a CD. Halfway through the burn, the spinning beach ball came up. Stayed that way for a long time. Force quitting didn't work. Couldn't log out or restart either. Had to power off. Then, when I turned it back on, the flashing question mark inside the folder came up on the screen. I removed the half-burned CD, put in the Panther install CD and booted up off of that. I launched Disk Utility, and it couldn't see the drive. I rebooted using the Apple Hardware Test CD and it saw the drive. Rebooted off the Panther install ...

Shuffle error flashing lights! Won't sync, won't play...
Have had a Shuffle for a few weeks. Worked with Itunes just fine. About a week ago, I bought a regular G4 20GB Ipod and installed it. Also great with Itunes; no problems. Today, I tried to update the songs on the Shuffle. (The Shuffle appears in the left hand pane as one icon, the 20GB Ipod appears as another one.) The update seems to go OK but when I tried to play the songs from the Shuffle, I got no sound and only flashing red and green lights. This, I see in Ipod HELP, is an error message. In Itunes, next to the # of each song supposedly in the Shuffle, is a little grey dot...

Won't complete sync
Today, my m500 won't sync correctly. It will start fine, then hang when it gets half-way through, when it gets to Note Pad (and there is nothing in Note Pad), and then says there was an error. Then it won't reconnect unless I reboot. Where should I start to figure out what the problem may be? I had a similar problem to this where the hotsync was never finishing (after hours of waiting). Problem turned out to be a corrupt datebook record which was fixed from palm desktop - Tools | Options | Tools |Check Now. Worth a try. "VBM" <v.mcalister@nospam.ejgd....

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

LS4000 Won't scan some 35mm film (won't take it in and lock).
Hi- I have a problem where occasionally the film won't load and lock. There seems to be no reason why as there is clear frame spacings on the film and it was developed fine. There is also (what I believe) a decent amount of space at the beginning of the frame. EG. There is about 1/32" (roughly) of space between the sprocket and the end of the film. Does anyone else have this problem with their LS 4000? I am using Vuescan 7.something although that isn't really relative. Thanks for all info! In article <7d43074e.0412031250.7639ca43@posting.google.com>, i...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Safari 2.0.5 won't launch; restart won't help
This version of Safari appeared in my Applications folder -- I guess I downloaded it unwittingly during a Software Update? -- and it won't launch. Bounces a couple times in the dock, then stops entirely. Never even gives me a window. I've restarted, no help. I can't go back to the old version, since I've trashed it. How can I get Safari to launch? On 2006-03-17 15:11:09 -0500, Peabo Flegstein-Castroneves <peabo@castroneves.edu> said: > This version of Safari appeared in my Applications folder -- I guess I > downloaded it unwittingly during a Software Update? -- and it won't > launch. Bounces a couple times in the dock, then stops entirely. Never > even gives me a window. I've restarted, no help. I can't go back to the > old version, since I've trashed it. How can I get Safari to launch? http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303472 -- Bill Stevenson Mac OS X Product Release Group Apple Computer bstevenson at remove this text dot apple dot com ...

SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM
I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel. I believe it is running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144. The system was working but no one knew the root password. Of course I tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system became nonresponsive. I tried using 2 different overlay installation CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even come up). I've tried connecting a null-mod...

Why won't this work? (can't find prior posting of this problem)
I have a control on a form whose data source is: =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust"))) I have tried =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust","Total is 100%")) and =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust",IIf(...

Not can't; won't
Ok, looks like I fibbed about my kiss-off being my last post. I couldn't resist reading the responses via the Google archive to my kiss-off. I'm not subscribed and this really will be my last post, because I'll have said what can/should be said. I feel a need to disabuse the Linux bigots of a few points: - I was doing Linux kernel 0.99 when a number of you hadn't discovered girls yet. Others of you, before you first got laid. - I remembered /etc/fstab from my ancient days. Editing /etc/inittab just to get a NVIDIA driver installed was tedious, not difficult. - I c...

Print Spooler won't start; dependent on lexbces.exe but that won't start either; So why?
Windows XP Home SP2 I have two Lexmark printers installed (or at least I used to). Actually, I have the Lexmark folders in Program Files, but the printers don't seem to be installed anymore. The printers are Lexmark 640 series Lexmark 2400 series They pretty much worked until just now. In the Printer and Faxes folder I only see the Add Printer and nothing else. When I try to start Add Printer, I get an alert saying the Printer Spool service isn't running. When I go to (run) services.msc , I find that Print Spooler is stopped. (It's stopped and) It won'...

HELP: Classic Won't Launch - Problems Have Escalated
System: MDD DP with OS 10.4.8. Three physical HD's. Two with Tiger installed (one is the major HD and the other is the emergency boot drive with just a virgin system on it) and one with just games, no OS. I tried to boot into OS 9.2.2 (this particular G4 is OS 9.2.2 bootable), It boots but once the desktop appears moving the mouse over the menu bar has no effect. Menus don't pull down and the only way to shutdown is via a hard shutdown. When I try Target Disk Mode with an iBook G4, the only drive that mounts is the games drive which has no system on it. I can't get the opitcal dri...

Don't buy Micoshaft branded hardware
Don't buy Micoshaft branded hardware - it won't work with Linux. Instead buy more generic brands that works with more OSes. Save hours of grind getting things to work by checking web sites for harware compatibility. In particular as Linux is taking over, buy products with Linux compatibility listed. http://hardware4linux.info/ Thats one place where you can check if the hardware you plan buying is safe. Places where Linux is free to download: http://www.livecdlist.com http://www.distrowatch.com http://www.ubuntu.com On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 22:31:41 GMT, 7 wrote: > Don't buy ...

Aarrrgh!! Why won't this work? (Apologies if this is a dup post- can't find the other)
I have a control on a form whose data source is: =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust"))) I have tried =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust","Total is 100%")) and =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust",IIf(...

What is a difference in 'T t = u' and in 'T t( u )'
Hi, Does anyone can explain me why declarations marked as 1 compile whereas declarations marked as 2 do not compile? The most obvious example is the third one with shared_ptr. It is because of explicite constructor. Am I right? But what about first and second examples? Please notice also that examples second and third are completely different. Constructor calling syntax is right in third but not in second. However assign syntax is right in second example but not in third. #include <boost/assign/list_of.hpp> #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp> #include <iostream> #include <...

Web resources about - 4000T won't boot won't POST - comp.sys.amiga.hardware