Amiga 1200: CTRL+Amiga+Amiga reset does not work

Hello all,

I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga
keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever.

What could be the problem?

--
 Microsoft Corp is prohibited from redistributing this work
0

Antti Pyykko <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote in

> Hello all,
>
> I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga
> keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever.
>
> What could be the problem?

One of the keys is dead?
0
Couch
8/9/2008 1:28:37 PM
"Antti Pyykko" <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga
> keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever.
>
> What could be the problem?

A dead key, or a problem with the reset trigger circuit on the keyboard.

0
Clocky
8/9/2008 10:35:16 PM
On 2008-08-09, Antti Pyykko <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote:
> I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga
> keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever.

Turns out the answer was simpler than I thought. I decided to open
up the keyboard and found out that the contact membrane was badly
smudged and stained.

I gave it a good cleaning and now the keyboard reset works again.

--
 Microsoft Corp is prohibited from redistributing this work
0
Antti

ctrl amiga amiga
Hi, Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb) Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine appears to be running fine. Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little annoying, any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Mike Ballantyne "Mike Ballantyne" <mikeb@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<GdYvc.5418$rz4.1631@news-server.bigpond.net.au>... > Hi, > > Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb) > > Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine > appears to be running fine. > > Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little annoying, > any suggestions would be appreciated. > > Regards, > > Mike Ballantyne Check if all three keys on the keyboard actually work... There must be some proggy on Aminet to reboot the machine... "Jan Klok" <jklok@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba4aabbe.0406041349.44ef6fe2@posting.google.com... > "Mike Ballantyne" <mikeb@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<GdYvc.5418$rz4.1631@news-server.bigpond.net.au>... > > Hi, > > > > Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb) > > > > Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine > > appears to be running fine. > > > > Rebooting the machine...

FA: SCSI-kit, 68882, amiga magazines (ASM, CHIP, CP, Amiga Welt, Amiga magazine, Amiga Special, Amiga PD, etc.)
X-No-Archive: Yes Hi! I am offering some amiga items on eBay: complete SCSI-kit, incl. host adapter , harddisk, CD-drive, cables, etc. Motorola 68882 FPU PGA version collection of ASM magazines collection of CHIP magazines (some smaller, some complete years) collection of Amiga magazine collection of Amiga Special collection of Amiga Public Domain magazine collection Computer Persoenlich (mother of Happy Computer, Powerplay, 64er and more) collection of Amiga Welt magzine http://www.ebay.de/sch/cphao_n/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1 ending this...

FS: Amiga 500, Amiga 600, LIMITED EDITION Amiga 500
Hi ! I have some Amiga items for sale: 1) Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 20 Euro 2) Amiga 600 in perfect condition with power supply, joystick 20 Euro 3) LIMITED Edition Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 35 Euro 4) BOXED Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 35 Euro 5) RGB monitor (working with all Amiga models) in perfect condition (brilliant picture) with power supply cable and RGB cable (with audio cable) 20 Euro 6) Amiga 1200 not working, with internal turbo card. 10 Euro I can send you pictures of any listed item. I will ship the items worldwide and can accept PAYPAL as payment methode. Greetings from Vienna Mag. Andranik Ghalustians ...

FA:Ending soon Amiga 1000, Amiga 500 and Amiga monitor
Thanks for looking. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=curlyfry1 Leo -- Im looking for Commodore Cartridges! Got any?Check out my tradelist & Gameboy Advance items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com ...

..Scoop!! Pc hardware runs amiga software faster than amiga hardware!!
its true.. heres the proof.. http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html Who can refute this evidence? On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:40:30 +0800, "MrJumbles" <fauxbrick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >its true.. >heres the proof.. >http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html > >Who can refute this evidence? and yes, amithlon is great Amiga on PC :) > > > "Sam Smith" <sam@potionp.co.uk> wrote in news:bhvmoa$cle$1$8300dec7 @news.demon.co.uk: > What a shame you can't get Amithlon anymore though :( That's not entirely accurate. Amithlon is no longer bei...

Amiga hardware simulation: check this out amiga lovers
Long time ago, I made a project called Smart Communications between an Atari 800 and Amiga 500. Now I ported and added more features to the program and called it MPDOS for PC. It let's you simulate the Atari and Amiga peripherals like joysticks, mice, keyboards, and disk drives using a special cable and software. The software runs under all Windows OS including Windows 3.1. You can check out the details at http://amiga.krishnasoft.com. Joysticks, mice, keyboards, and disk drives eventually go bad but motherboards usually don't so by using the PC to simulate these peripherals, you can continue to use your amiga rather than trash it just because some peripherals stopped functioning. I have some auctions so you can take a shot at getting it below retail pricing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320065196654&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011 Email me for any questions. ...

Amiga Emulation destroys Amiga PPC / Amiga One for less money and is more functional
My Current setup: Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 ghz) Abit KV8 MAX motherboard 1 gigabyte PC3200 (DDR 400) RAM GeForce 4 TI 4400 (soon to be replaced by an GF FX 6800) 80 gig ATA 133 HDD 8X Plextor DVD +/- RW 16x DVD ROM Win XP Pro Microsoft Wireles Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 Microsoft Desktop Elite keyboard A few notes: I keep high end stuff in my machine. The video card is next to be replaced. The setup above, cost LESS than an Amiga One motherboard and some (if you can find it) ancient PC133 RAM. Windows XP I have used for almost 3 years now... never ONCE have I had a bluescreen, except for on m...

cc65 on Amiga/XE1541 on Amiga?
I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65, but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the Amiga? Secondly, what are the options to read/write C64 disks with an Amiga? Can I use my XE1541 cable with some software on the Amiga? Thanks, Tom Tommy Watt wrote: > > I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65, > but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the > Amiga? > Quoting cc65.org, you should be able to compile cc65 on the Amiga "using either StormC v4.0 or SAS/C...

amiga in a box
I've got an amiga 1200 with a 50mhz 030 accelerator (with co-processor) and I would like it to look like Jaybee's amiga in a box setup for winuae. Can anyone tell me how to do this??? Chris On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:56:21 -0700, "Tim" <tjlazer@nospam.mail.com> wrote: > >"chrisr" <crex@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message >news:crex-5BF092.20572617082003@news.verizon.net... >> I've got an amiga 1200 with a 50mhz 030 accelerator (with co-processor) >> and I would like it to look like Jaybee's amiga in a box setup for >> winuae. Can anyone tell me how to do this??? >> >> Chris > >Easy, just transfer all the files to your Amiga HD and tweak it from there. > >Easier said than done? Use a network, Zip or CD-ROM to transfer the >archive. If you don't know how then get proficient at using the Amiga I >guess... > >Good luck. > >Tim Can it be done without picasso 96? I don't think it works without a video card, my amiga is just aga. Chris ...

amiga
Hi I live in Houston I am a Amiga fan Let me know ...

Amiga
Where can i find kick rom for winuae. "Dado" <davor.hecimovic@zg.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:e5p5j1$9ck$1@ss408.t-com.hr... > Where can i find kick rom for winuae. http://www.amigaforever.com/ You get all the ROMs which is good for running really old games. --- Sam Dado wrote: > Where can i find kick rom for winuae. Search google, or check the p2p nets, they're there. "Tony A." <you.dont@need.to.know> wrote in message news:kOWfg.38$Yi3.32@newsfe3-win.ntli.net... > Dado wrote: >> Where can i find ...

Amiga
I am currently trying to de-clutter some stuff that has been stored for many years... manuals, disks, IOMEGA ZIP drives (remember those?) various computing memorabilia acquired in a career that spans 50 years. Anyway, I came across a full set of Amiga startup disks, along with the OS and utilities and was loth to throw them out. I haven't found the machine as yet, (there is a container load of stuff accumulated from all over the world) but I suspect the machine is gone. Anyway, if anybody has an old Amiga stored somewhere, I'm happy to forward what I have (disks and...

Amiga 1200 HD with network card, Amiga 500, accessories
Please take a look at my eBay auction if you are interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5137050536&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT ...

CNet Amiga BBS on Amiga 500?
Hello, I have an Amiga 500 and would like to run CNet Amiga BBS on it. It has a hard drive and is running 2.0 ROMs, do I need to be running a better CPU then the 68000? And which versions will work on this setup if any? And anyone know where to get a copy since Zen Metal is no longer making it available? Thanks, Tommy ...

FS: Amiga 3000, Amiga 2000 and More
After being stiffed, TWICE, on getting some hard ROMs for my beloved A3000, a friend of mine came up with an offer on some of his old PC equipment that I just couldn't refuse. But in order for me to get it I have to depart from Amiga HW, at least for now. There for I am selling my Amiga 3000 and my FastLane Z3 board. Now Pay attention closely. My Amiga 3000 is fully functional from a hardware standpoint. It is capable of booting with or without the Fastlane Z3 card installed. However an error in the softkick bootroms cause the computer to guru and not properly. The installed OS1.4 ROMs will automatically boot the OS2.0 ROM that's installed on the computer, but it errors out. I managed to get the computer to boot to workbench on using a Floppy that was mailed to me from another usenet user. Much appreciated Mike. It was a tricky process but I finally managed to boot to Workbench. So now I know the specs of the computer. Again, this problem is easily repaired by getting hardroms for the Amiga. Well as easy as someone NOT stiffing you like I have been twice. It can also be repaired if you have another Amiga with a SCSI controller. Just get a copy of the ROMs from the kickstart disks I am including to repair the bad ones on the computer. This is something I would have done myself if I had been able to get a working SCSI controller for my A2000. This is an Amiga 3000-030/25MHZ 2MEG Chip 16MEG 50NS Fast onboard 100MB HD 880K F...

Amiga: Amiga 4000D or 4000T USA
Hello group, I am looking to purchase an amiga 4000 desktop or tower unit. I live in the states, but I am willing to purchase a unit from overseas. I will make a good offer for the right system. Thanks, Andrew I have a 4000 but the floppy is not working, and the HD is out (IDE) will work on it for you if you want ? -- Thank you Frank ALexander 597 Circlewood Dr. Paradise, CA. 95969 Books www.thediscountbookstore.com Electronic Traning www.booksandtraining.com Bus/FAX (530) 872-3722 Ordering (888) 402-6442 "Andrew Cummins" <mustangofliberty@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:63b202.0411090602.7b054093@posting.google.com... > Hello group, > > I am looking to purchase an amiga 4000 desktop or tower unit. I live > in the states, but I am willing to purchase a unit from overseas. I > will make a good offer for the right system. > > Thanks, > Andrew On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:25:54 GMT, "Alex" <alex9322@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >I have a 4000 but the floppy is not working, and the HD is out (IDE) will >work on it for you if you want ? Check the +5v line, it might be bad when FDD doesn't work. -- improbable does not mean impossible ...

Your Amiga Top Ten Amiga Games
Hello For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever? thanks. greetings from Spain. On 04-Nov-04 12:03:29, Landoq said >Hello >For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever? >thanks. >greetings from Spain. Donde estar Carlos Sainz???!!!!!!!!!!! ;) So where are your top ten? My top ten today are (and in no particular order): Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and sound ever put in a game. Celtic Legends - A sort of Lor...

FS/FA: Amiga Guru Book & Amiga 1200 Service Manual
http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/search-handle-url/104-0541294-8883926?url=index%3Dauction%26field-status%3Dopen%26field-enddate%3D0a-&field-keywords=Amiga Both have a bit of moisture damage, but otherwise are in good readible condition. ...

FS: Amiga 4000 & Amiga, 1200 Multisync monitor and bits, Norfolk, UK
Hi people, I am having a bit of a clear out before the new year and have turned up all my old Amiga kit which I need to get rid of, due to lack of space, time and money to use it. I'm not really up with Amiga kit anymore, so I am trying to describe it as best possible, I will try and answer any questions as best possible. Anyhow It comprises of. Amiga 4000/030 with a revision B motherboard (I think it has been upgraded with a rev11 buster, as this needed an in warranty repair at one point) 8 meg fast ram / 2 meg chip 68EC030 25Mhz and 68882 FPU 171 MB IBM hard disk 3.0 Roms Keyboard, mouse etc. The machine is a bit yellowed but not as bad as some I have seen! Probably last used in 1996, Unfortunately the battery has leaked but I removed it from the board by cutting it off and then cleaned up the affected area with isopropyl alcohol, but as I am no good at soldering I dare not replace the battery. There is evidence of some corrosion on the board from where the battery leaked, but as far as I can tell it has only affected the clock circuit, so I guess it is repairable? There is also. Amiga 1200 with 80 Meg internal hard disk. Microvitec 14" multi-sync monitor. Couple of boxes of magazines of various vintage, mainly Amiga Format and Amiga Shopper. A couple of stacks of floppy disks, not sure what is on them. A few boxes of games (Hired Guns, Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Worms, Zool and more, probably about 20 in total) S...

FA: Amiga 1200 Desktop Dynamite pack, with upgraded Amiga (6Mb, 260mb HDD)
UK only! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8159095574 Hellraiser..........> ...

What is the best & cheapest Amiga to Amiga Networking?
-- WARNING: Do not use your "Reply to" button! Please use this e-mail address instead: whoiscameramandan@att.net ^^^ but remove "whois" first Please update your address book and thanks for helping me fight the spambots! *********************************** Hi gang, I need to connect my A4000T Flyer to another Amiga to scan photos/transfer files between them. I need something reliable and easy to set up (without taking out a loan..........) I'd also like to connect the A4000T/Flyer to a new Pentium 4 for the same reason. Any ideas for hardware AND software? Thanks. -D.Reynolds On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:31:48 GMT, "Yours Truly" <cameradan12@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Hi gang, > >I need to connect my A4000T Flyer to another >Amiga to scan photos/transfer files between them. > >I need something reliable and easy to set up >(without taking out a loan..........) > >I'd also like to connect the A4000T/Flyer to a >new Pentium 4 for the same reason. > >Any ideas for hardware AND software? > >Thanks. > >-D.Reynolds Sneakernet. Built into all amigas Chris Anonymous <anony@anony.com> wrote in message news:<rfitkv00asps99eg8qq7njp7k3gtgho3e6@4ax.com>... > On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:31:48 GMT, "Yours Truly" > <cameradan12@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > > >Hi gang, > &g...

FA:4000T, Amiga Unix, X11 for Amiga,More
Got a 4000T on eBay. Original Amiga Technologies, not a tower kit. Also got a complete, in-the-box Amiga Unix 2.0 with all manuals, tape, and disks. Some A3000 ZipRAM X11 X Windows System for Amiga by GfxBase Inc. IF you're into older PowerMacs, I also have a relatively rare DayStar Genesis MP 720+ with Quad 604e/180's in it. Check out: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sharkonwheels Thanks! ...

My Amiga
My Amiga: My Amiga has 256M of RAM. Did you ever have that much? My Amiga is still my main machine. Can you say that? I'm going to buy an AOne in one incarnation or another. Can you say that? I've had pretty much the same working environment on my Amiga for the last ten years. Have any of you got a ten year old computer? I still enjoy using my Amiga. Can you say that? I can and just did. Terry -- The "From:" address has been ROT13d as an antiSPAM measure Noel <no.spam@thank.you> wrote: 222 344302 <425sg09eqvq2ha8pmu21flsq8ehpvjlshk@4ax.com> > ...

What IS Amiga?
Some people think Amiga is the Operating System. Some people figure that Amiga is the hardware machines. But they have forgotten how Amiga was born. Amiga isn't any of those things.. Amiga was at first a VISION in some geniuses minds .. or souls. Or maybe in some higher plane where it then descended to those geniuses.. In any case.. Amiga cannot really ever DIE. Because it is an immortal VISION .. therefore it can reincarnate in a better world somewhere in the universe, maybe already has. Maybe our version of Amiga never was as good as it can be on other planets or civilizat...

Web resources about - Amiga 1200: CTRL+Amiga+Amiga reset does not work - comp.sys.amiga.hardware