ctrl amiga amiga

Hi,

Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb)

Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine
appears to be running fine.

Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little annoying,
any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike Ballantyne

0
Mike
6/4/2004 10:33:10 AM
comp.sys.amiga.hardware 1825 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Mike Ballantyne" <mikeb@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<GdYvc.5418$rz4.1631@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> Hi,
>
> Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb)
>
> Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine
> appears to be running fine.
>
> Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little annoying,
> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Ballantyne

Check if all three keys on the keyboard actually work...
There must be some proggy on Aminet to reboot the machine...
0
jklok
6/4/2004 9:49:56 PM
"Jan Klok" <jklok@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Mike Ballantyne" <mikeb@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb)
> >
> > Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the
machine
> > appears to be running fine.
> >
> > Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little
annoying,
> > any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Mike Ballantyne
>
> Check if all three keys on the keyboard actually work...
> There must be some proggy on Aminet to reboot the machine...

All 3 keys are working fine

0
Mike
6/5/2004 2:45:25 AM
Hello Jan Klok
> "Mike Ballantyne" <mikeb@NOSPAMbigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:<GdYvc.5418$rz4.1631@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Having a small problem with an a500 (rev6a mb)
> >
> > Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga (warm reboot) is no longer working, even though the machine
> > appears to be running fine.
> >
> > Rebooting the machine with the power switch is getting a little annoying,
> > any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Check if all three keys on the keyboard actually work...
> There must be some proggy on Aminet to reboot the machine...

Yes, Reboot off aminet.  I had some problems with it with OS 3.9, but
that shouldn't bother him.
--
Mike Leavitt

0
Mike

Amiga 1200: CTRL+Amiga+Amiga reset does not work
Hello all, I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever. What could be the problem? -- Microsoft Corp is prohibited from redistributing this work Antti Pyykko <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote in news:slrng9r34r.klh.pyksy+news@hanuri.dap: > Hello all, > > I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga > keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever. > > What could be the problem? One of the keys is dead? "Antti Pyykko" <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote in message news:slrng9r34r.klh.pyksy+news@hanuri.dap... > Hello all, > > I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga > keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever. > > What could be the problem? A dead key, or a problem with the reset trigger circuit on the keyboard. On 2008-08-09, Antti Pyykko <comp.sys.amiga.hardware@molukki.com> wrote: > I have an Amiga 1200 that otherwise works ok, but the CTRL-Amiga-Amiga > keyboard reset does not work. Nothing happens when I hit C-A-A. Ever. Turns out the answer was simpler than I thought. I decided to open up the keyboard and found out that the contact membrane was badly smudged and stained. I gave it a good cleaning and now the keyboard reset w...

FA: SCSI-kit, 68882, amiga magazines (ASM, CHIP, CP, Amiga Welt, Amiga magazine, Amiga Special, Amiga PD, etc.)
X-No-Archive: Yes Hi! I am offering some amiga items on eBay: complete SCSI-kit, incl. host adapter , harddisk, CD-drive, cables, etc. Motorola 68882 FPU PGA version collection of ASM magazines collection of CHIP magazines (some smaller, some complete years) collection of Amiga magazine collection of Amiga Special collection of Amiga Public Domain magazine collection Computer Persoenlich (mother of Happy Computer, Powerplay, 64er and more) collection of Amiga Welt magzine http://www.ebay.de/sch/cphao_n/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1 ending this...

..Scoop!! Pc hardware runs amiga software faster than amiga hardware!!
its true.. heres the proof.. http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html Who can refute this evidence? On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:40:30 +0800, "MrJumbles" <fauxbrick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >its true.. >heres the proof.. >http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html > >Who can refute this evidence? and yes, amithlon is great Amiga on PC :) > > > "Sam Smith" <sam@potionp.co.uk> wrote in news:bhvmoa$cle$1$8300dec7 @news.demon.co.uk: > What a shame you can't get Amithlon anymore though :( That's not entirely accurate. Amithlon is no longer bei...

Amiga hardware simulation: check this out amiga lovers
Long time ago, I made a project called Smart Communications between an Atari 800 and Amiga 500. Now I ported and added more features to the program and called it MPDOS for PC. It let's you simulate the Atari and Amiga peripherals like joysticks, mice, keyboards, and disk drives using a special cable and software. The software runs under all Windows OS including Windows 3.1. You can check out the details at http://amiga.krishnasoft.com. Joysticks, mice, keyboards, and disk drives eventually go bad but motherboards usually don't so by using the PC to simulate these peripherals, you can continue to use your amiga rather than trash it just because some peripherals stopped functioning. I have some auctions so you can take a shot at getting it below retail pricing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320065196654&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011 Email me for any questions. ...

FS: Amiga 500, Amiga 600, LIMITED EDITION Amiga 500
Hi ! I have some Amiga items for sale: 1) Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 20 Euro 2) Amiga 600 in perfect condition with power supply, joystick 20 Euro 3) LIMITED Edition Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 35 Euro 4) BOXED Amiga 500 in perfect condition with power supply, tv modulator, 1mb ram, joystick, amiga 500 handbook, original workbench disk 35 Euro 5) RGB monitor (working with all Amiga models) in perfect condition (brilliant picture) with power supply cable and RGB cable (with audio cable) 20 Euro 6) Amiga 1200 not working, with internal turbo card. 10 Euro I can send you pictures of any listed item. I will ship the items worldwide and can accept PAYPAL as payment methode. Greetings from Vienna Mag. Andranik Ghalustians ...

FA:Ending soon Amiga 1000, Amiga 500 and Amiga monitor
Thanks for looking. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=curlyfry1 Leo -- Im looking for Commodore Cartridges! Got any?Check out my tradelist & Gameboy Advance items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com ...

Amiga Emulation destroys Amiga PPC / Amiga One for less money and is more functional
My Current setup: Athlon 64 3000+ (2.0 ghz) Abit KV8 MAX motherboard 1 gigabyte PC3200 (DDR 400) RAM GeForce 4 TI 4400 (soon to be replaced by an GF FX 6800) 80 gig ATA 133 HDD 8X Plextor DVD +/- RW 16x DVD ROM Win XP Pro Microsoft Wireles Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 Microsoft Desktop Elite keyboard A few notes: I keep high end stuff in my machine. The video card is next to be replaced. The setup above, cost LESS than an Amiga One motherboard and some (if you can find it) ancient PC133 RAM. Windows XP I have used for almost 3 years now... never ONCE have I had a bluescreen, except for on m...

amiga in a box
I've got an amiga 1200 with a 50mhz 030 accelerator (with co-processor) and I would like it to look like Jaybee's amiga in a box setup for winuae. Can anyone tell me how to do this??? Chris On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:56:21 -0700, "Tim" <tjlazer@nospam.mail.com> wrote: > >"chrisr" <crex@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message >news:crex-5BF092.20572617082003@news.verizon.net... >> I've got an amiga 1200 with a 50mhz 030 accelerator (with co-processor) >> and I would like it to look like Jaybee's amiga in a box setup for >> winuae. Can anyone tell me how to do this??? >> >> Chris > >Easy, just transfer all the files to your Amiga HD and tweak it from there. > >Easier said than done? Use a network, Zip or CD-ROM to transfer the >archive. If you don't know how then get proficient at using the Amiga I >guess... > >Good luck. > >Tim Can it be done without picasso 96? I don't think it works without a video card, my amiga is just aga. Chris ...

cc65 on Amiga/XE1541 on Amiga?
I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65, but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the Amiga? Secondly, what are the options to read/write C64 disks with an Amiga? Can I use my XE1541 cable with some software on the Amiga? Thanks, Tom Tommy Watt wrote: > > I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65, > but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the > Amiga? > Quoting cc65.org, you should be able to compile cc65 on the Amiga "using either StormC v4.0 or SAS/C...

Amiga
Where can i find kick rom for winuae. "Dado" <davor.hecimovic@zg.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:e5p5j1$9ck$1@ss408.t-com.hr... > Where can i find kick rom for winuae. http://www.amigaforever.com/ You get all the ROMs which is good for running really old games. --- Sam Dado wrote: > Where can i find kick rom for winuae. Search google, or check the p2p nets, they're there. "Tony A." <you.dont@need.to.know> wrote in message news:kOWfg.38$Yi3.32@newsfe3-win.ntli.net... > Dado wrote: >> Where can i find ...

amiga
Hi I live in Houston I am a Amiga fan Let me know ...

Amiga
I am currently trying to de-clutter some stuff that has been stored for many years... manuals, disks, IOMEGA ZIP drives (remember those?) various computing memorabilia acquired in a career that spans 50 years. Anyway, I came across a full set of Amiga startup disks, along with the OS and utilities and was loth to throw them out. I haven't found the machine as yet, (there is a container load of stuff accumulated from all over the world) but I suspect the machine is gone. Anyway, if anybody has an old Amiga stored somewhere, I'm happy to forward what I have (disks and...

FS: Amiga 3000, Amiga 2000 and More
After being stiffed, TWICE, on getting some hard ROMs for my beloved A3000, a friend of mine came up with an offer on some of his old PC equipment that I just couldn't refuse. But in order for me to get it I have to depart from Amiga HW, at least for now. There for I am selling my Amiga 3000 and my FastLane Z3 board. Now Pay attention closely. My Amiga 3000 is fully functional from a hardware standpoint. It is capable of booting with or without the Fastlane Z3 card installed. However an error in the softkick bootroms cause the computer to guru and not properly. The installed OS1.4 ROMs will automatically boot the OS2.0 ROM that's installed on the computer, but it errors out. I managed to get the computer to boot to workbench on using a Floppy that was mailed to me from another usenet user. Much appreciated Mike. It was a tricky process but I finally managed to boot to Workbench. So now I know the specs of the computer. Again, this problem is easily repaired by getting hardroms for the Amiga. Well as easy as someone NOT stiffing you like I have been twice. It can also be repaired if you have another Amiga with a SCSI controller. Just get a copy of the ROMs from the kickstart disks I am including to repair the bad ones on the computer. This is something I would have done myself if I had been able to get a working SCSI controller for my A2000. This is an Amiga 3000-030/25MHZ 2MEG Chip 16MEG 50NS Fast onboard 100MB HD 880K F...

CNet Amiga BBS on Amiga 500?
Hello, I have an Amiga 500 and would like to run CNet Amiga BBS on it. It has a hard drive and is running 2.0 ROMs, do I need to be running a better CPU then the 68000? And which versions will work on this setup if any? And anyone know where to get a copy since Zen Metal is no longer making it available? Thanks, Tommy ...

Amiga: Amiga 4000D or 4000T USA
Hello group, I am looking to purchase an amiga 4000 desktop or tower unit. I live in the states, but I am willing to purchase a unit from overseas. I will make a good offer for the right system. Thanks, Andrew I have a 4000 but the floppy is not working, and the HD is out (IDE) will work on it for you if you want ? -- Thank you Frank ALexander 597 Circlewood Dr. Paradise, CA. 95969 Books www.thediscountbookstore.com Electronic Traning www.booksandtraining.com Bus/FAX (530) 872-3722 Ordering (888) 402-6442 "Andrew Cummins" <mustangofliberty@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:63b202.0411090602.7b054093@posting.google.com... > Hello group, > > I am looking to purchase an amiga 4000 desktop or tower unit. I live > in the states, but I am willing to purchase a unit from overseas. I > will make a good offer for the right system. > > Thanks, > Andrew On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:25:54 GMT, "Alex" <alex9322@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >I have a 4000 but the floppy is not working, and the HD is out (IDE) will >work on it for you if you want ? Check the +5v line, it might be bad when FDD doesn't work. -- improbable does not mean impossible ...

Your Amiga Top Ten Amiga Games
Hello For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever? thanks. greetings from Spain. On 04-Nov-04 12:03:29, Landoq said >Hello >For you...which is the Top Ten best amiga games ever? >thanks. >greetings from Spain. Donde estar Carlos Sainz???!!!!!!!!!!! ;) So where are your top ten? My top ten today are (and in no particular order): Paradroid 90 - its a shoot-em-up with a cool sub game, the ability to take over progressively deadly droids, and some of the best ever music and sound ever put in a game. Celtic Legends - A sort of Lor...

FA:4000T, Amiga Unix, X11 for Amiga,More
Got a 4000T on eBay. Original Amiga Technologies, not a tower kit. Also got a complete, in-the-box Amiga Unix 2.0 with all manuals, tape, and disks. Some A3000 ZipRAM X11 X Windows System for Amiga by GfxBase Inc. IF you're into older PowerMacs, I also have a relatively rare DayStar Genesis MP 720+ with Quad 604e/180's in it. Check out: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sharkonwheels Thanks! ...

My Amiga 3000 is dead. Long live Amiga!
The power LED Flashes about 6 or 7 times pauses then repeats. Stripped it down, the LED stops flashing on removal of the upright slot board. Whadya reckon? Duff power unit? Anyway its used as a monitor stand now. Guess I`ll have to find a another way of getting the files from the HD.... Bye for now. Clive. > Stripped it down, the LED stops flashing on removal of the upright > slot board. > Whadya reckon? Duff power unit? Nope, Sounds like a duff upright slot board or a Zorro card. >Guess I`ll have to find a another way of getting the files from the HD.... Why not just run it without the Zorro riser board in it? (Or is your harddrive IDE or something?) Shame to stop using the A3K just for that. "Oliver Hannaford-Day" <oli_hd@dsl.pipex.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:414f2bb5$0$20247$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Why not just run it without the Zorro riser board in it? (Or is your > harddrive IDE or something?) > Shame to stop using the A3K just for that. The A3000 needs the riser board for proper operation, as far as I know. -- ___ __ / __|___ Daniele Gratteri, Italian Commodore-Amiga user... /// | / |__/ Nickname: FIAT1100D - ICQ: 53943994 Ritmo S75 __ /// | \__|__\ Home page: http://www.gratteri.tk forever! \\\/// \___| E-MAIL: daniele@gratteri.tk ...since 1990 \/// "...

What is the best & cheapest Amiga to Amiga Networking?
-- WARNING: Do not use your "Reply to" button! Please use this e-mail address instead: whoiscameramandan@att.net ^^^ but remove "whois" first Please update your address book and thanks for helping me fight the spambots! *********************************** Hi gang, I need to connect my A4000T Flyer to another Amiga to scan photos/transfer files between them. I need something reliable and easy to set up (without taking out a loan..........) I'd also like to connect the A4000T/Flyer to a new Pentium 4 for the same reason. Any ideas for hardware AND software? Thanks. -D.Reynolds On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:31:48 GMT, "Yours Truly" <cameradan12@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Hi gang, > >I need to connect my A4000T Flyer to another >Amiga to scan photos/transfer files between them. > >I need something reliable and easy to set up >(without taking out a loan..........) > >I'd also like to connect the A4000T/Flyer to a >new Pentium 4 for the same reason. > >Any ideas for hardware AND software? > >Thanks. > >-D.Reynolds Sneakernet. Built into all amigas Chris Anonymous <anony@anony.com> wrote in message news:<rfitkv00asps99eg8qq7njp7k3gtgho3e6@4ax.com>... > On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:31:48 GMT, "Yours Truly" > <cameradan12@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > > >Hi gang, > &g...

What IS Amiga?
Some people think Amiga is the Operating System. Some people figure that Amiga is the hardware machines. But they have forgotten how Amiga was born. Amiga isn't any of those things.. Amiga was at first a VISION in some geniuses minds .. or souls. Or maybe in some higher plane where it then descended to those geniuses.. In any case.. Amiga cannot really ever DIE. Because it is an immortal VISION .. therefore it can reincarnate in a better world somewhere in the universe, maybe already has. Maybe our version of Amiga never was as good as it can be on other planets or civilizat...

My Amiga
My Amiga: My Amiga has 256M of RAM. Did you ever have that much? My Amiga is still my main machine. Can you say that? I'm going to buy an AOne in one incarnation or another. Can you say that? I've had pretty much the same working environment on my Amiga for the last ten years. Have any of you got a ten year old computer? I still enjoy using my Amiga. Can you say that? I can and just did. Terry -- The "From:" address has been ROT13d as an antiSPAM measure Noel <no.spam@thank.you> wrote: 222 344302 <425sg09eqvq2ha8pmu21flsq8ehpvjlshk@4ax.com> > ...

The AMIGA is DEAD, it's an ex-AMIGA!!!
Why don't you just use the old crap as a doorstopper (*) and buy a modern PC??? AMIGA is DEAD, please let it rest in peace!!! (*) or as a paperweight. "Lucas J. Riesau" <ion_sphere@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182352851.681408.54810@c77g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Why don't you just use the old crap as a doorstopper (*) and > buy a modern PC??? > > AMIGA is DEAD, please let it rest in peace!!! > > (*) or as a paperweight. > Yes, Amiga is dead. Your point was? Clockmeister wrote: > > "Lucas J. ...

Amiga no more
It's finally over. Failing AmigaOne hardware, manufacturer bankrupt, no warranty or support, virtually no development, no momentum to move the platform forward and a user base so small and shrinking further that it's become irrelevant. We can close this chapter in computer history, though most already had a decade ago. Clockmeister wrote: > It's finally over. > > Failing AmigaOne hardware, manufacturer bankrupt, no warranty or support, > virtually no development, no momentum to move the platform forward and a > user base so small and shrinking further that ...

Sell an Amiga 3000 and an Amiga 3000T on Ebay
If you are interested, translate this with BabelFish or see the Link. Vendo questi due computer facenti parte della mia collezione, per cui perfettamente funzionanti ultratestati e in ottimo stato estetico, il motivo � che cerco di avere un solo pezzo per ogni esemplare, sono fra i maggiori e migliori computer prodotti dalla Commodore/Amiga, in particolare di 3000T in Italia ce ne saranno poche decine e probabilmente anche meno, e comunque nel mondo non � che ce ne siano tanti di pi� funzionanti.. Se li volete vedere sono su Ebay: http://search.ebay.it/_W0QQsassZmousemiki l'asta scade domani sera 17-02-08 poco dopo le 23,00 Una breve descrizione: Amiga 3000 modello Commodore A3000/25 rev.8,9 testato e funzionante, 2mb Chip, 4mb di Fast Ram Static Column, Kickstart 2,04 batteria presente (cambiata pochi anni fa) clock funzionante piste pulitissime, hrddisk SCSI da 121Mb con su istallato l'Aos2,1 (l'hardisk � pi� che altro un omaggio serve a far vedere il perfetto funzionamento del 3000, sarebbe indicato sostituirlo), floppy drive interno a bassa densit�, case esterno in ottime condizioni estetiche, completo di tastiera Commodore italiana in shell Micronik Infinitiv e mouse con scheda CPU Commodore 3640 revisione 3,2. Amiga 3000 T rev.6,1 testato e funzionante, 2 mb di chip, 4 mega di fast ram, kickstart 3,1, batteria cambiata qualche anno fa ma ancora buona, disco SCSI da 100mb piccolo ma stracolmo di programmi tutti funzionanti e con ...

Web resources about - ctrl amiga amiga - comp.sys.amiga.hardware

Amiga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Amiga is a family of personal computers sold by Commodore in the 1980s and 1990s. Based on the Motorola 68000 family of microprocessors , ...

Amiga - Wikipedia
The former Amiga logo, as used by Commodore-Amiga Inc The Amiga 500 (1987) was the best selling model The Amiga was a family of personal computers ...

Amiga Music Mp3 Archive - Mp3 Amiga Music > Amiga Demo Music
Amiga Music Mp3 Archive. Amiga game, demo and cracktro tunes recorded to MP3 format. No trackers needed here. Just download and Listen. Mp3 Amiga ...

AmigaRemix - The place for Amiga Game- and Demo-music Remixes!
Sorted by addition date in descending order. All 856 remixes shown, 40 at a time. At the moment, there are 4 remixes in the submission queue. ...

Tres Amigas
Navajo leader sees $1.5 billion grid connection project as opportunity to reach more markets A $1.5 billion effort to link the United States' ...

amiga600.de - The Extreme Amiga 600 Upgrading Page
This page has been last updated on: 06 October 2010. See News-Section for details. May I introduce: My Amiga 600HD/030 Motorola 68030/40 MHz, ...

Amigaworld.net - The Amiga Computer Community Portal Website
Latest Amiga Computer News, Amiga Discussion Forums, Amiga FAQs and Amiga Technical Support

Amiga.org
The Internet's premier source of information regarding the Commodore Amiga computer, Amiga Virtual Machine (Amiga Forever), Amiga OS 4.x, MorphOS ...

Amiga History Guide
Complete guide to the Amiga.

Viva Amiga - The Documentary
Hello my fellow Amigans... Alright, I've gotten the message. You all want me to blog more. I know, I know. Look, I promise I'm working hard, ...