Zappo Archos Overdrive CD-ROM Drivers

Hi Guys

Does anyone have the driver disk for the external Zappo Archos
Overdrive cd-rom drive? i'm desperate to try it again!

thanks

Rich
0
Sygenics
8/29/2004 7:04:35 AM
comp.sys.amiga.hardware 1825 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Sygenics <sygenics2001@yahoo.com--> wrote in message
> Hi Guys
>
> Does anyone have the driver disk for the external Zappo Archos
> Overdrive cd-rom drive? i'm desperate to try it again!
>
> thanks
>
> Rich

http://www.l8r.net/install/hdc.html

0
colin
8/29/2004 7:12:59 AM
>snip<
>> Does anyone have the driver disk for the external Zappo Archos
>> Overdrive cd-rom drive? i'm desperate to try it again!
>>
>http://www.l8r.net/install/hdc.html

Thanks Colin, Just what i need.
0
Sygenics

CD ROM drivers
I found a file that automatically installed my CD ROM drivers for DOS and everything is working fine now. Thanks. http://www.mpoli.fi/files/hardware/CDROM/TOSHIBA/ ...

CD-ROM Drivers?
I have an HP Pavilion model 8756c. Recently I am unable to access the CD drives. (The failure is probably related to recently running a defrag and disc-cleanup.) When I go to Device Manager is see two drives listed - LG CD-ROM CDR-8483B and Mitsumi CR-4804TE. There is an icon - a yellow circle with an exclamation point - next to each device. If I click on the item and go to properties is see a message - "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing". There is a troubleshooting feature available that guides me through un...

pcmcia cd rom driver
I would like to install Linux on my laptop, which is running DOS and Win 3.1 at the moment. Does anyone know of a floppy-loading driver for my "General" pcmcia cdrom drive, so that I can access the downloaded system disk? I have a choice of Mandrake 10 or RedHat 9.2 disks. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. -- Cheers Dennis Mews Kidderminster, UK "Dennis Mews" <dennis.mewsNOSPAM@freeuk.com> skrev i meddelandet news:1c6803bf4c.den@freeuk.com... > I would like to install Linux on my laptop, which is running DOS and > Win 3.1 at the moment. Does a...

Amiga CD-ROM compatibility
Is it corredct to assume that any SCSI "PC" CD-ROM drive can work woith the appropriate SCSI interface on the Amiga? Similarly, is the CD-ROM data format (software) readable by all Amigas? I assume the Amiga doesn't have its own CD-ROM data format? I'm thinking of the Aminet CD's, for example - are these in a "universal" CD-ROM file format? Thanks. The Aminet CDROMs are in ISO9660 format, which is a standard readable by most computers. It is not an amiga standard. AFAIK there is no 'special' standard CDROM file system for the amiga. Also, I believe any SCSI CDROM will work. -- -- Regards, Bob Devries. Dalby, Queensland, Australia. Faith isn't faith until it's all you're holding on to. "Graham" <gfdh@dfg.gfd> wrote in message news:411C9871.538DE772@dfg.gfd... > Is it corredct to assume that any SCSI "PC" CD-ROM drive can work > woith the appropriate SCSI interface on the Amiga? > > Similarly, is the CD-ROM data format (software) readable by all > Amigas? I assume the Amiga doesn't have its own CD-ROM data format? > I'm thinking of the Aminet CD's, for example - are these in a > "universal" CD-ROM file format? > > Thanks. Bob Devries wrote: > > The Aminet CDROMs are in ISO9660 format, which is a standard readable by > most computers. It is not an amiga standard. AFAIK there is no 'special'...

Make bootable CD-Rom from good bootable CD-Rom?
Hello, I have a good bootable CD-Rom which includes nic drivers to ghost desktops/laptops. It works fine, but i found out that it didn't include a particular nic driver for one desktop model. Now this bootable CD-Rom won't let me just add the nic driver, so i have to make a new bootable CD-Rom. What is the best way to do this? Should i first copy the contents of the good bootable Cd to the harddrive and add the necessary driver and then burn the hard drive contents to a new CD-rom. I tried this under EZ Cd creator with the bootable feature and it didn't work. Any suggestio...

Assistance with bootable cd-rom creation from good bootable cd-rom
Hello, I have a good bootable CD-Rom which includes nic drivers to ghost desktops/laptops. It works fine and boots into the system with menus for user interaction to ghost(clone the system) that was customized by a former employee, but i found out that it didn't include a particular nic driver for one desktop model. All the nic drivers are located in a particular folder. All i have to do is add that driver in the folder. Here is where the problem starts. This bootable CD-Rom won't let me just add the nic driver to that CD-R(cd finalized i guess), so i had to make a new bootable CD-Ro...

..Scoop!! Pc hardware runs amiga software faster than amiga hardware!!
its true.. heres the proof.. http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html Who can refute this evidence? On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:40:30 +0800, "MrJumbles" <fauxbrick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >its true.. >heres the proof.. >http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html > >Who can refute this evidence? and yes, amithlon is great Amiga on PC :) > > > "Sam Smith" <sam@potionp.co.uk> wrote in news:bhvmoa$cle$1$8300dec7 @news.demon.co.uk: > What a shame you can't get Amithlon anymore though :( That's not entirely accurate. Amithlon is no longer bei...

Looking for CD-ROM driver hack
I recently aquired a 12X Toshiba CD-ROM drive to use with my G3 Mac but the Mac won't recognize the drive. I have been searching and found reference to two different hacks to solve the problem. I downloaded and tried one called "CD-Sunrise v2.2c" and it works as advertised which means it only works for computer data CDs and not music CDs. Another solution is to modify the standard Apple CD driver using ResEdit but the link I have found for the instructions <http://www.resexcellence.com//12-21-98.shtml> doesn't work. Can anyone help me out with finding this hack or som...

Can desktop's CD-ROM use for Laptop CD-ROM?
To All Comp Guru I have a laptop but its cd-rom doesn't work any more (i know this when i try to instal windows 98 back to the laptop) and i happen to fdisk my laptop's hard drive. Are there any ways that i can use my Desktop's cd-rom to instal windows 98 back on to my laptop? Thank You Very Much THeoRem25 ...

Help pls
Hi, Aquired an Archos Overdrive CD PCMCIA card + CD ROM drive and need some help if poss. I think the supplied PSU has cooked the CD ROM unit. Its a 13v PSU and the manual says it should be 12v. I know I should have checked :-( When I power it up with a 12v adapter, I get nothing. Inside the CD ROM housing is a normal IDE CD Drive with a small PCB to convert the internal IDE interface to a DB25 external interface which the Archos PCMCIA cards cable connects to. I think I'm gonna have to get someone to check out this PCB to see if something is fried, but I can't see any evidence. Is there anything else around that I can connect to the Archos PCMCIA card, or is it proprietry connector that will only work with their CD unit? Cheers for any help anyone can offer to get this thing working ...

Toshiba 3110CT cd-rom driver
Hello, I have a Toshiba Portege 3110CT notebook with the original Port NW24XCD cd-rom drive that plugs into the PCMCIA port. I am looking for Windows 98 drivers for this beast as there are no native drivers on the Win98 cd that work with it. I do not have any original disks for this machine. I thought these drivers used to be on Toshiba's support site but now they appear to be gone. If anyone can refer me to a source for these drivers or would be willing to email some to me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! Bruce The 3110 was made for 95 or NT. I could never get the pcmcia d...

Difference between 7th Guest single CD-ROM and 2 CD-ROM version?
Hi there. Can someone tell me what the difference between 7th Guest single CD-ROM and 2 CD-ROM versions is? Regards, Jamie Kahn Genet -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. ...

commodore amiga 570 cd-rom
Hi, I just got a 570-cdrom for my amiga 500 and was wondering if it is possible to copy amiga games to a cd-rom and play the games from the 570? What kind of format would I use? Is there a CDTV format? Thanks, Darwin you need a CD burnner to burn cds -- TS@TEXAS@AU "Texas QLD 4385, It's home sweet home out on the border line I'm not talking about the USA, It's just a little country town off the main highway, And it's Texas QLD 4385"-Lee Kernaghan Member of: Interactive Bead Database (mailing list and http://www.bead-database.org ), I-Amiga mailing list, Amiga_Users_Group_Vic Australia mailing list, Studio-Amiga mailing list, Adult-Asperger mailing list -------------- Amiga setup: (hardware based):A500 with 3meg chip mem, 2x disk drives (880k) kickstart 2.0, workbench 2.04/1.2 A1200 with 2meg chip mem, 2x disk drives (intl mod pc drive, extrl c= amiga drive) kickstart 3.1, workbench 3.1 (software based): 68k+040, AGA, kickstart 3.1, workbench 3.1, 2meg chip mem, 512meg HDD --------------- Amiga: Where sound and graphics are _not_ an after-thought quote number: 8 "conan" <darwin.meredith@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1126664386.429949.253790@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I just got a 570-cdrom for my amiga 500 and was wondering if it is > possible to copy amiga games to a cd-rom and play the games from the > 570? What kind of format would I use? Is there a CDTV format? ...

SCSI CD-ROM Driver Problem
Okay, this isn't specifically Windows 3.1 related, but it does involve a Win 3.1 project I'm trying to do. I have a system that is equipped with an old Sony CDU-76S CD-ROM drive connected to an Adaptec AHA-1542CF SCSI adapter. Currently, the system it is used on is my hardware testing station, which runs Windows 98SE. The drive is recognized by Windows and works fine there. However, when I boot up with a DOS boot disk, the drivers failed to load (to get Windows installed, I had to attach an IDE CD-ROM drive). As far as I can tell, I have all the drivers needed to ge...

FS: Digital Training Interactive CD-ROM New Sealed 4 CD-ROMS
Interactive CD-ROM Multimedia Self-Paced Training with Interactivity and Knowledge Reviews 4 CD-ROM Tutorials in sealed box For Windows 95 / 98 / NT / Me / 2000 or better Pentium II or better with MMX Compatibility 16-Bit Sound Card 1.. Using Digital Cameras - take better pictures and get more out of your camera 2.. Using Scanners - you'll learn how to scan in all kinds of photographs and fix problems 3.. Learning Photoshop - learn how to make digital image editing fast and wasy using Photoshop 4.. Learning Acrobat - learn how to use Acrobat to make PDFs ...

One Unreadable CD-ROM on IBM Thinkpad 600E with built-in CD-ROM Drive
Hi, Well, I got a CD-ROM disk from an individual, who created ("burned") the CD from her (workstation, I assume) computer from her business's network. My current Warp 4, FP #15, DDK #2, Latest IDEDASD.EXE files (OS2CDROM), updated CDFS.IFS, DANIS506, DANIATAPI.FLT etc., and can not read the CD at all. And if the CD is in the IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM Drive as OS/2 is booting, OS/2 is unable to boot-up. I can read all other CDs that I have bought or received, including with Long File Names (LFN). My CONFIG.SYS file contains these pertinent lines: " rem BASEDEV=...

CD formats and cd driver
Hiya, I was just woundering when you burn/ read a CD is it the firmware on the CD driver that determines the position and what standard is used to burn the cd or can this be controlled using a driver? Im kinda interested in this, does anyone no were i can get well commented source code for a cd driver? if I wanted to muck about and not use the standard cd format how would you go about it? cheers greg jeff wrote: > Hiya, > > I was just woundering when you burn/ read a CD is it the firmware on > the CD driver that determines the position and what standard is used > to burn...

Amiga 3000T and SCSI CD-ROM woes
I have a Smart and Friendly CD-R drive (SCSI) and it does not work very will in my 3000T! I have a MKII060, 128MB, 18GB IBM HD, and OS 3.9. The CD-ROM mounts fine and works somewhat ok. What it does is read real slow and sometimes hangs when copying files / loading programs from the CD itself in Workbench (Using icons to drag/drop). But when I copy files from DirOpus4 it seems to work ok! Weird. It's in the middle of a SCSI chain so it has no termination. I also have to install a external terminator on the SCSI port to even boot the machine. So termination is fine AFAIK. I played with the SCSI prefs and that didn't help. I tested this CD-R in a PC and it read and burned a disc fine. Any ideas? Here is how it is setup: Ext SCSI w/Term ======SCSI Controller======CD-R Drive======IBM 18GB HD with Term jumper installed. "Tim" <tjlazer@CRAPmail.com> wrote in message news:<10m8lv7rc6ib174@corp.supernews.com>... > I have a Smart and Friendly CD-R drive (SCSI) and it does not work very will > in my 3000T! I have a MKII060, 128MB, 18GB IBM HD, and OS 3.9. The CD-ROM > mounts fine and works somewhat ok. What it does is read real slow and > sometimes hangs when copying files / loading programs from the CD itself in > Workbench (Using icons to drag/drop). But when I copy files from DirOpus4 it > seems to work ok! Weird. It's in the middle of a SCSI chain so it has no > termination. I also have to install a...

FS: Amiga Forever 6 CD-ROM
Item used: http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130120719718&rd=1&rd=1 Regards -- // \X/ AmiSpaTra - http://www.xente.mundo-R.com/amispatra/ ...

ISO Win2k Panasonic CD-ROM driver
Does anyone know where I can find a Win2k-compatible driver for Panasonic LK-MC682B CD-ROM drive? Does MS make a generic CD-ROM driver for Win2k? Many thanks. Paul M. Bauer pmbauer@hotmail.com ...

Help with libcdio CD-ROM driver for AIX
I started an AIX driver for libcdio (http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio). It isn't very good. In fact it is mosly broken and I could use help. Is there any good documentation on how to access a CD-ROM on AIX from a user level such as to read the CD? Right now it seems that you have to be root to even open the CD. Many of the SCSI passthrough commands don't seem to work, although a couple do. If there is no progress on the AIX driver before the next libcdio release, it will be pulled. libcdio does compile fine otherwise for image drivers (cdrdao, nrg, bin/cue). ...

list IOCTL supported by the CD ROM driver
Hi, I'd like to get programmatically list of IOCTLS supported by a CD ROM driver. How can I do this? I'm using Win2K and WinXP. Thanks a lot, Igor. From WinXP DDK source. -- Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP StorageCraft Corporation maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "Igor Polevoy" <igorx.polevoy@intel.com> wrote in message news:d8a7ef3a.0402150451.6da867fb@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I'd like to get programmatically list of IOCTLS supported > by a CD ROM driver. How can I do this? > I'm using Win2K and...

config.sys problem with PCMCIA CD driver
I am trying to perform a clean install of W98SE onto a Toshiba 3110CT laptop with an external PCMCIA CD drive (model F-TO-TCD-24L -- actually a Freecom Cable II PCCard.) I am using a Freecom PCMCIA/Cardbus driver. The CD drive initialization appears fine and the device driver is detected. No drive has yet been allocated, however. The problem is that on system restart I get the following error message at the top of the screen: "There is an error in your CONFIG.SYS file on line 6". (Contents of CONFIG.SYS shown below. Bottom line is line 6.) --------------------------...

CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives reading High Speed and Ultra Speed CD-RW Discs
I finally moved up to a High Speed burner (first a Plextor, and then a Lite-On), and I would like to buy a DVD-ROM drive that will read at least High Speed CD-RW's. I can't find any information that will tell me for sure whether a drive can read a High Speed CD-RW. The "Multiread" format specifications I've read so far only deal with the generic CD-RW format. I just know that my Asus 50X CD-ROM can't read the High Speed CD-RWs but the DVD-ROM drive on my Sony Vaio laptop (PCG-F540) can do so (the drive is 6X for DVD-ROM). Any resources that can steer me straight? ...

Web resources about - Zappo Archos Overdrive CD-ROM Drivers - comp.sys.amiga.hardware

Overdrive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sunset Overdrive (@SunsetOverdrive) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks on the App Store on iTunes
Get OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

SUNSET OVERDRIVE Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 - FULL GAME - YouTube
Welcome to Sunset Overdrive Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1. This is a full game playthrough with commentary by Igor of GamingAwesome. Thank you ...

Sunset Overdrive - believe the hype
Sunset Overdrive creative director Marcus Smith drops into NZ for Digital NationZ.

Chinese jade miners in overdrive before Myanmar's new government can crack down
Miners have been tearing into Myanmar's northern hills in recent months in a rush to excavate more jade before a new government takes office ...

Daniel Ricciardo’s career in overdrive as Aussie pulls off stunning Hungarian Grand Prix victory
TWELVE months ago Daniel Ricciardo crossed the line at the Hun&#173;garoring in 13th place driving an unspectacular Torro Rosso.

Iggy Azalea’s sexy swimwear posts send Instagram into overdrive
AUSTRALIAN rapper Iggy Azalea is in top form and not just on the music charts. The 23-year-old sent social media into overdrive by posting snaps ...

Rakuten bolsters e-books by gobbling up distributor OverDrive
Rakuten is trying to inject some black ink into its struggling e-book business with the acquisition of OverDrive Holdings, one of the largest ...