games, games, Games!

Let's start another game posting as this is theonly reason I visit this
newsgroup and most postings seem technical or about fan sites (though infor
on cpcoxygen is always welcome!)

Right. Below is a list of games and I want you to put a check (or a yes or
no!) by the ones you completed as a kid (or at least, on its original
release, because not all Amstrad owners in the eighties were children - I
know that!) and a check by the ones you didn't complete as a kid but have
now completed via emulation. Why? Because I'm curious, that's all! The
selection has been dictated simply by the games I owned back in the mid
eighties, and ones I deperately tried to complete. I did complete Sorcery,
Marsport (with the help of Amtix! magazine), Mr Freeze, Head Over Heels, The
Wild Bunch - I even completed without any cheats NONTERAQUEOUS, which was
massive - well, felt massive at the time. All from memory too without using
any maps.

GAME                                           COMPLETED AS A CHILD/
COMPLETED 'TODAY'
                                                       ON ORIGINAL RELEASE
ON EMULATER

1. RANARAMA  -
2. MARSPORT -
3. SORCERY -
4. SWEEVOS WORLD -
5. DUN DARACH -
6. HEAD OVER HEELS -
7. TIR NA NOG -
8. KNIGHT LORE -
9. GET DEXTER -
10. STARGLIDER -
11. MERCENARY -
12. MR FREEZE -
13. SPINDIZZY -
14. CODENAME MAT -
15. BATMAN (JON RITMAN) -
16. LASER SQUAD -
17. SABRE WULF -
18. NONTERRAQUEOUS -
19. MONTY ON THE RUN -
20. STARQUAKE -

I may do a text adventure one another time!

Cheers

0
Amstrad
11/16/2003 11:22:36 AM
comp.sys.amstrad.8bit 1707 articles. 0 followers. roche182 (635) is leader. Post Follow

I only played 7 of the games listed, I compeleted 4 of those.

Fraser

Amstrad Fan wrote:

> Right. Below is a list of games and I want you to put a check (or a yes or
> no!) by the ones you completed as a kid
>

> GAME  COMPLETED AS A CHILD   COMPLETED 'TODAY'   ON ORIGINAL RELEASE     ON EMULATER
>
> 1. RANARAMA  -		X	-	-	-
> 2. MARSPORT -			never played
> 3. SORCERY - 			never played
> 4. SWEEVOS WORLD -		never played
> 5. DUN DARACH -		never played
> 6. HEAD OVER HEELS -		X	-	-	-
> 7. TIR NA NOG -		never played
> 8. KNIGHT LORE -		never played
> 9. GET DEXTER -		never played
> 10. STARGLIDER -		-	-	-	-
> 11. MERCENARY -		never played
> 12. MR FREEZE -		never played
> 13. SPINDIZZY -		X	-	-	-
> 14. CODENAME MAT -		-	-	-	-
> 15. BATMAN (JON RITMAN) -	X	-	-	-
> 16. LASER SQUAD -		-	-	-	-
> 17. SABRE WULF -		never played
> 18. NONTERRAQUEOUS -		never played
> 19. MONTY ON THE RUN -	never played
> 20. STARQUAKE -		never played
>
> I may do a text adventure one another time!
>
> Cheers

0
fraser
11/16/2003 12:08:01 PM
Amstrad Fan <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Right. Below is a list of games and I want you to put a check (or a yes or
> no!) by the ones you completed as a kid (or at least, on its original
> release, because not all Amstrad owners in the eighties were children - I
> know that!) and a check by the ones you didn't complete as a kid but have
> now completed via emulation.

> [snip list of games]

I've completed Ranarama, but not any of the other games. The best I've
managed in Spindizzy is 42% overall. I remember playing Tir na nOg when it
appeared on an Amstrad Action covertape - it was the first issue of AA
that I bought - and finding it very dull indeed (nice graphics, though).
This was probably due to my reluctance to draw a map.

I've also just found some cheats for Starglider, and I've looked through
the code, and I'm fairly sure that it cannot be completed; it doesn't have
an ending.

--
Nicholas 'Nich' Campbell
e-mail  : nich <AT> durge <DOT> org
"Nich Campbell" wrote in message...

> > Right. Below is a list of games and I want you to put a check (or a
yes or
> > no!) by the ones you completed as a kid (or at least, on its
original
> > release, because not all Amstrad owners in the eighties were
children - I
> > know that!) and a check by the ones you didn't complete as a kid but
have
> > now completed via emulation.

> > [snip list of games]

> I've completed Ranarama, but not any of the other games. The best I've
> managed in Spindizzy is 42% overall. I remember playing Tir na nOg
when it
> appeared on an Amstrad Action covertape - it was the first issue of AA
> that I bought - and finding it very dull indeed (nice graphics,
though).
> This was probably due to my reluctance to draw a map.

For memory I completed Rana Rama, but I'm not sure now. All I remember
was getting to the 8th level (I think), then going back (wasn't it?), or
was that Zub, because I remember completing that level 10, then having
going back to the start (which doing!!).

Issue 75 wasn't it, which had Tir Na Nog on the covertape, I've really
got a bias opinion about those games they had on those tapes (simply
because I don't like them). Issue 73 was the worst of them (I think)
which had Marsport, Turrican 2 & ThunderJaws, the demos were okay, but
they were just that, demos & the utility wasn't of much use to me
either. I had more fun with the type-ins, in that issue! ;-)

> I've also just found some cheats for Starglider, and I've looked
through
> the code, and I'm fairly sure that it cannot be completed; it doesn't
have
> an ending.

I really hate those walk-thru cheats, because most of the time I've
found them to be more confusing that helpful. Heavy of a Magik was like
this, in places the monsters showed up where they weren't suppose to be!
Total Eclipse 2 had a good one, but how exactly do you describe getting
thru an invisible maze to the remaining pieces of the Sphinx! ;-) For
those people who couldn't complete that mini Seymour goes to hollywood
game, they had to have a walk thru for that, though I'd bet �100 that
everyone completed that one, hell I even made Seymour walk into the
train just for fun & still competed it! ;-)

Cheers,
Ross.

0
Ross
11/16/2003 11:26:20 PM
In article <3fb75d99$1_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>,
Amstrad Fan <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:

>Right. Below is a list of games and I want you to put a check (or a yes or
>no!) by the ones you completed as a kid (or at least, on its original
>release, because not all Amstrad owners in the eighties were children - I
>know that!)

>16. LASER SQUAD -

Completed in its original format. Damn fine game, despite the bugs.

>20. STARQUAKE -

Wonderful, wonderful game. I completed it several times, and got
something like a 97% adventure score on my best attempt. I found every
single teleporter, and I still remember tumbling down into OPTIK with a
single life remaining after an incredibly long and difficult trek (three
screens upwards directly over a killer alien pit with no flight pack,
and _then_ about half a dozen spiky/painful things to negotiate? Pure evil,
that was).

Rayner

--
The e-mail address in the headers is a spam trap.
To reply by e-mail, please use: usenet (at) sariel.anarres.org
Ross Simpson <Hi_Mr_Spammer@nowhere.com.au> wrote:
> For memory I completed Rana Rama, but I'm not sure now. All I remember
> was getting to the 8th level (I think), then going back (wasn't it?), or
> was that Zub, because I remember completing that level 10, then having
> going back to the start (which doing!!).

Ranarama has eight dungeons consisting of the same eight levels, except
that the colour schemes for each level are swapped around for each
dungeon. Therefore, there are effectively 64 levels. As for Zub, I gave up
on it and never completed the first level! Nice menu screen, though - all
those teletype messages appearing on the screen...

> For
> those people who couldn't complete that mini Seymour goes to hollywood
> game, they had to have a walk thru for that, though I'd bet �100 that
> everyone completed that one, hell I even made Seymour walk into the
> train just for fun & still competed it! ;-)

Most of the fun in Seymour: Take 1 (the minigame that you refer to) was
seeing how many different endings you could conjure up for the film.

--
Nicholas 'Nich' Campbell
e-mail  : nich <AT> durge <DOT> org
website : http://users.durge.org/~nich/
PGP keys: 0x87BA6D91 (PGP 2.6.x); 0x4F361801 (GnuPG)
0
Nich
11/17/2003 10:00:46 AM
I never had the ability/patience to complete many games, but I got
reasonably far with:

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:22:36 -0000, "Amstrad Fan"
<someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
>6. HEAD OVER HEELS -
>7. TIR NA NOG -
>13. SPINDIZZY -
>15. BATMAN (JON RITMAN) -

Actually, I think I may have completed Batman in the end (so that
would have been 'at time of original release' rather than on an
emulator today!).

Sam
--
Sam Holloway, Cambridge
0
"Nich Campbell" wrote in message...

> > For memory I completed Rana Rama, but I'm not sure now. All I
remember
> > was getting to the 8th level (I think), then going back (wasn't
it?), or
> > was that Zub, because I remember completing that level 10, then
having
> > going back to the start (which doing!!).

> Ranarama has eight dungeons consisting of the same eight levels,
except
> that the colour schemes for each level are swapped around for each
> dungeon. Therefore, there are effectively 64 levels. As for Zub, I
gave up
> on it and never completed the first level! Nice menu screen, though -
all
> those teletype messages appearing on the screen...

Well, I guess I better get cracking into RanaRama again! :-)

To be honest with Zub, I did a little cheating & brought up the map, but
I actually discovered it by acident! :-)

> > For
> > those people who couldn't complete that mini Seymour goes to
hollywood
> > game, they had to have a walk thru for that, though I'd bet �100
that
> > everyone completed that one, hell I even made Seymour walk into the
> > train just for fun & still competed it! ;-)

> Most of the fun in Seymour: Take 1 (the minigame that you refer to)
was
> seeing how many different endings you could conjure up for the film.

Oh dear, the memory is slipping! :-(

Ross.

0
Ross
11/17/2003 10:08:36 PM
Amstrad Fan <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
> 13. SPINDIZZY -

This is the only one from the list I actually completed (as a kid, and
again some years later). Great game.

0
Andreas

Game server, which games?
I have a spare server and want to setup a gameserver for LAN. But which games are the kids playing these days? Battlefield 2? Counterstrike? Doom III? The last time i did this, we where all playing Quake II... -- Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com] Linux, the choice of a GNU generation. The kids seem to be playing Half-Life 2 and games based on that engine. While Counter-Strike is still popular, you're likely to get more people playing HL2. I have a group of friends that are completely addicted to World of Warcraft, but I am not sure if you can run a private server with that. St...

Games with in-game scripting
Are there any (real-time) strategy games in which you can use scripts? With scripts I don't mean ones hard-coded into maps, but ones that player(s) could create to help them time maneuvers. I started to wonder about the best way to launch attack from multiple directions, like from two sides of the battlefield, without manually going over there. Then I thought how easy it would be if I could just tell them what, but wait until I order them to do it. I know some games in which I can make troops do things in spesific order, like go there-there-there-and-there, and I think this would...

games and game-engines
firstly a special thanks to wolfgang, sam brown, valins, fungus and Phil (i'll remember the diff) I didn't put opengl/DX as a debate, but i just wanted to clear my doubts on the industry/developer preference - your point of views help me better understand the issue and to take fresh look at it. well now the GL/DX issue cleared i have a few more queries, maybe the group could help. firstly i would like to know what do you actually mean by the term "game engine"? i had met a developer of EA sports once and he had told me that about 35% of the "engine" is coded usin...

GAMES ON DEMAND MORE GAMES
NEW GAMES======== AND ALL 3D ANIMATED GAMES====== RACING ===== BIKE RACE==== http://www.ashikar.com/ AND LOTS MORE LOG ON TO ...

My new game for the Amstrad PCW: THE SAME GAME
Hello everybody! My new game for the Amstrad PCW is a clon (more or less) of SameGame, a tile-matching puzzle video game, originally released under the name Chain Shot! in 1985 by Kuniaki Moribe (Morisuke) - according to Wikipedia. The object of the game is to remove all the blocks of the board. You can play with the mouse or the keyboard. This game was developed using MESCC (Mike's Enhanced Small C Compiler - my version of Small C), and SAMARUC libraries - my GUI (Graphical User Interface) for the Amstrad PCW. Comments, bug reports, etc. are allways welcome. You can ...

Play free online games, game downloads and multiplayer games
Play over 200 hit action games, word games, fun puzzles, jigsaws, and much more. With no time limits and no ads - it's no lose! Try it free now! http://www.seegoul.com/homegame.php Fish Tycoon It takes a real shark to succeed in the fish business. Start with a simple aquarium and build your empire one exotic fish at a time. Not only are you in charge of keeping your fish well-fed and healthy, but it's up to you to cross-breed them into new and exciting species. Fish Tycoon highlights include: Real-time gameplay, so your fish keep growing even when your computer is turned off Over 400...

[...]

Games, games, games, ramming 'em onto the 140K disk
I've been playing around with a C64 binary cruncher, and was able to get it to work, unmodified, with Apple programs. A small tweak to the output and I was able to even get it to let me RUN instead of BRUN the stuff. I've been starting to crunch my games disks down and now have 7-8 games to the disk instead of 3-4. *_* It's not much importance but I might make a pack so people can take these for a spin. The DOS is accelerated and the files are shrunk by roughly 50%, so the games should load in a snap, and just take the few seconds to decompress. All the files are ProDOS-...

what the 10 year old wants on Solaris x86 .. games games games !
And now for something completely different. I just pulled a the kid away from the X-Box and parked him in front om my Solaris x86 system running Sol9 4/03 with GNOME. He played with a few of the games for a bit but they were really boring. OKay says I .. so I dig out doom for Solaris but it will only play on Sparc. Okay .. so I login to the Ultra 2 and export the DISPLAY to the x86 host. Then doom complains about there being too many colors. Okay .. so I run kdmconfig and step it own to 8-bit color. Then I finally get sunxdoom running and it is slowwwww. The CPUs on the Ultra 2 ( 2 ...

FA: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) / 8 IBM PC Game Games
> Item name: SIX Western Digital 6.4gb Hard Drives > Price: $46.00 > Buy It Now: $46.00 > Bids: -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482211928 > Item name: 8 IBM PC Game Games - (Pirates , Paperboy) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107002333 > Item name: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: ...

java jamba handy games download jamba handyspiele jamba handy games torrent jamba handy spiele download jamba handy games auf pc jamba handy games de jamba handy games downloads kostenlose jam
java jamba handy games download jamba handyspiele jamba handy games torrent jamba handy spiele download jamba handy games auf pc jamba handy games de jamba handy games downloads kostenlose jamba handyspiele downloaden jamba handyspiele ohne abo java jamba spiele auf handy jamba handyspiele gratis download jamba handyspiele kostenlos download + + + + + + JAMBA HANDY SPIELE + + + JAMBA HANDY SPIELE + + + http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ http://WWW.HANDY-SPIELE-JAMBA.DE/ + + + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + JAMBA HANDY LOGO + + + http://WWW.JAMBA-HANDY-LOGO.DE/...

Game intros: when will in-game be the same?
I think this might apply more towards MMO's as most FPS games pretty much look like their intro movie counterparts. The intro movies for WOW, LOTRO, etc. are incredible. Makes me wish the in-game was the same. I know it would take an immense amount of power to render in-game MMO's to look as good as their intro movies. Oh well, I guess it's like asking McDonald's to make a Big Mac that resembles the commercials. morvak wrote: > I think this might apply more towards MMO's as most FPS games pretty > much look like their intro movie counterparts. > > The intro ...

[ZX81-GAME] New Game.
Hi! "Train-Rush" is avalaible on : http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/xavsnap/xavsnap.htm Have Fun! ...

Web resources about - games, games, Games! - comp.sys.amstrad.8bit

Eurogamer.net • video game reviews, news, previews, forums, and videos • Eurogamer.net
Eurogamer Network Ltd. uses cookies on its websites in order to provide enhanced functionality to users, such as user accounts and saved preferences. ...

Connectix Virtual Game Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Released at a time when the Sony PlayStation was at its peak of popularity, Virtual Game Station was the first PlayStation emulator, for any ...

Ads for Ads: Marketers Air TV Commercials for Their Big Game Spots
Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots, new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv, a company that catalogs, tags and ...

Nintendo’s second mobile game will feature a ‘familiar’ character
While we know a lot about Nintendos first mobile game, Miitomo, the console maker took time to offer a quick tease about the second offeringduring ...

Forget Jon Snow, new Game of Thrones season will bring ‘so many shocks’
Jon Snow still is the hottest Game of Thrones topic, but as we get closer to Season 6 more interesting details have begun to pop up. For example, ...

Check out Microsoft's concept for watching NFL games with its futuristic HoloLens goggles
... Microsoft unveiled a concept video that shows how its futuristic HoloLens holographic goggles could change the experience of watching NFL games. ...

Lego Star Wars game teaser lovingly mocks 'Force Awakens' trailer
The new Lego Star Wars game gets its parody on with a funny take on the very first "Force Awakens" movie trailer.

You’ll love this utterly charming math puzzle game
I’m not a fan of abstract puzzle games, which makes it quite a surprise how much I’m enjoying twofold inc., a fairly abstract puzzle game that ...

Former Dallas Cowboys Running Back Allegedly Bet On NFL Games
Former Dallas Cowboys Running Back Allegedly Bet On NFL Games

BBC, Discovery Enter Long-Term Olympic Games Partnership
... Communications has entered a long-term partnership making the BBC the exclusive free-to-air broadcaster in the UK for the next five Games. The ...