Serial/Parallel interface

Hi !
I've a PCW8256, and I need to transfer files to and from a PC.
I looked for a LocoLink cable but nothing.
Now I've found, new, a Serial/Parallel interface.
Which software can I use ?
Only on serial interface ?
I need a null modem or a standard LapLink cable ?
I have a Belkin-style transfer cable (9-25 F-F)
Thanks

Vincenzo Antonicelli
0
supervinx
12/22/2008 1:58:31 PM
comp.sys.amstrad.8bit 1707 articles. 0 followers. roche182 (635) is leader. Post Follow

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:58:31 GMT, supervinx <supervinx@libero.it>
wrote:

>Hi !
>I've a PCW8256, and I need to transfer files to and from a PC.
>I looked for a LocoLink cable but nothing.
>Now I've found, new, a Serial/Parallel interface.
>Which software can I use ?
>Only on serial interface ?
>I need a null modem or a standard LapLink cable ?
>I have a Belkin-style transfer cable (9-25 F-F)
>Thanks
>
>Vincenzo Antonicelli

See http://www.fvempel.nl/comm.html for guidelines on a serial
null-modem link.

You may be better off fitting a 3.5"  drive or waiting for the
LocoLink cable to be listed at eBay (or other sites, e.g.
http://www.king27.freeserve.co.uk/) .

It depends - how do you feel about diy-stuff and experiments? Serial
null-modems are not easy to make and are slow in data-transfer...

Frank van Empel
0
0106277DELETETHIS
12/22/2008 6:34:01 PM
I experiment every day ;-) ... when collecting old HW is the minimum !
Thanks !
	Vincenzo
0
supervinx