Install cc65 on Mac OS X 10.3.x?

I have a 6502 system that I would like to write some code for.  I ran
across the cc65 c compiler and it looks like just the ticket.

I need help instaling cc65 on Mac OS X.

I managed to compile it (cc65 2.10.1-1) and is seems to compile and link
OK, the library seems to compile OK, but is just doesn't seem to
compile.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks,

AndyD
0
andyda (95)
4/7/2005 12:36:46 AM
comp.sys.apple2.programmer 1473 articles. 0 followers. aiiadict (1731) is leader. Post Follow

Andy Dannelley <andyda@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have a 6502 system that I would like to write some code for.  I ran
> across the cc65 c compiler and it looks like just the ticket.
>
> I need help instaling cc65 on Mac OS X.
>
> I managed to compile it (cc65 2.10.1-1) and is seems to compile and link
> OK, the library seems to compile OK, but is just doesn't seem to
> compile.
>
> Any help much appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> AndyD

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I have some additional info...

Since I posted I found that Fink has the 2.9.3 version of cc65 on the
unstable category and using FInk Commander I managed to complie and
install cc65 2.9.3 and get it to regularly compile several sample
programs.

Now I just need to discover how Fink compiles and installs the compiler
and libraries, so I can compile and install a later version.

Also, I need to find a reference as to what is needed in an include or
library file so I can use the AIM 65 as a target device.  I plan to use
the AIM 65 as a test enviornment and develop a program for an SBC (using
the same address space as the AIM 65) for a dedicated controller device.

Thanks again, and any help much appreciated.

AndyD
0
andyda