Meta4... a compiler-compiler

in the csa2 gmail account... description is very interesting.

in the Pidgin for Apple II/Merlin/6502 message

Rich
0
apple
2/10/2008 7:41:51 PM
comp.sys.apple2.programmer 1473 articles. 0 followers. aiiadict (1731) is leader. Post Follow

Compiling Compiler
Hi there, I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding compilers. I have sun cc compiler that supports 64 bit environment. Now, I compile ACK using this compiler.This should give a compiler that supports 64bit environment. Since the output files are in Solaris format, I compile the ACK source *once again* using the just compiled ACK compiler so that I get Minix object and binary files. Now my questions is that does this 2nd version of ACK be able to produce true 64bit code? Sanky wrote: > Hi there, > > I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding...

Compiled or not compiled
I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in compiled mode. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks Tomy Duby "Tomy Duby" <tomy.duby@agilent.com> wrote in message news:idq8q8$85k$1@fred.mathworks.com... > I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function > is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in > compiled mode. > Any ideas how to do this? HELP ISDEPLOYED. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com comp.s...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

which compiler compiled?
Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? I looked at the file with a hex editor and didn't see anything obvious. Lawrence "Lawrence" <just4me@nowhere.com> writes: > Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? Yes with some compilers and some executable formats. E.g. on HP-UX for PA-RISC: $ aCC leak.C $ odump -compunit a.out ... 6 0 ANSI C++ leak.C /tmp ctcom options = -inst compiletime -diags 523 -inline_power 1 -longbranch 2 -unique_strings on -cachesize 256 B...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

Compile or not compile?
There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able to compile "on fly". At the beginning I thought this was related to the paths idl "knew", but this happens for two functions/routines in the same directory. Can someone tell when a function can be runned without be compile? Nuno Oliveira wrote: > There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How > do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able > to compile &quo...

compiling Qt .... compiling Qt ....compiling Qt.... compiling Qt
I got myself new kernel from kernel.org... make xconfig needs Qt (new system). So I got new Qt source this afternoon. It is still compiling.... Who said MS is bloat has not done this. What does Qt do? Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote: > Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? Why not curses based? menuform -- Hilsen/Regards Michael Rasmussen http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917 On a sunny day (Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:55:33 +0100) it happened Michael Rasmussen <mir@miras.org> wrote in <pan.2006.02.02.20.55.33.763274@miras.org>: >On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote: > >> Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? >Why not curses based? menuform Because last time I tried that it was broken to unusable? I may try it again, QT installed, env set .. QTDIR etc.. still make xconfig aborts... grep -r "Unable to find the QT installation" scripts/kconfig/Makefile: echo "* Unable to find the QT installation. Please make sure that"; \ It is a complot by ? to make it impossible to make a small fast systemm.. ;-) You REALLY have to know a lot to get any of this stuff to work. So now I will look at and perhaps edit scripts/kconfig/Makefile to find whay it complains. The good thing is QT installed and completed without aborting and the demos work. The bad thing is some of thsos...

compiling on different compilers
I am working on a set of functions that involve dynamic memory allocation. I started working with gcc and then moved to Pacific C. The reason was that my only access to gcc was through an ssh connection that I did not have access to all the time, so I got Pacific so I could work on my home windows computer. Then I moved back to gcc, which saved me from some major mistakes. Somehow Pacific C was letting me get away with stuff that was completely wrong. gcc immediately gave me segmentation errors until I got every last thing correct. Is gcc the best for catching mistakes? If not, which one is? MJL wrote on 12/08/04 : > I am working on a set of functions that involve dynamic memory > allocation. I started working with gcc and then moved to Pacific C. > The reason was that my only access to gcc was through an ssh > connection that I did not have access to all the time, so I got > Pacific so I could work on my home windows computer. Assuming Windows, you can do the same at home. gcc is a very common C compiler used in DJGPP, Mingw, Dev-C++ etc. or even standalone at command line. > Then I moved back to gcc, which saved me from some major mistakes. > Somehow Pacific C was letting me get away with stuff that was > completely wrong. gcc immediately gave me segmentation errors until I > got every last thing correct. > > Is gcc the best for catching mistakes? If not, which one is? It's good, but PCLint (test only, no compile) goes ...

Problem to compile with g77 a program which was normally compiled with Absoft compiler
Hello, I get the following error messages when I try to compile a program with g77 somefile.f:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `for_open' somefile.f:(.text+0xf4): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt' somefile.f:(.text+0x128): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt_xmit' somefile.f:(.text+0x454): undefined reference to `for_read_seq' Could you help me to fix this? I have posted more details about my actions on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3365742/f77-problem-to-compile-with-g77-a-program-which-was-normally-compiled-with-absof Thank you On 30/07/2010 10:2...

cant compile on linux system.cant compile on cant compile onlinux system.
hi all, I have simple basic c++ program "hello world" which i cant compile on linux system. I have given extension as .C. please tell me how to compile C++ programs on Linux. On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 03:09:38 -0800, Nagaraj wrote: > hi all, > I have simple basic c++ program "hello world" which i cant compile on > linux system. I have given extension as .C. please tell me how to > compile C++ programs on Linux. If your program file is helloworld.C (assuming you have the GNU compiler gcc installed, which you hopefully will) try: g++ helloworld.C -o helloworld t...

vb compilation, .m compilation
I am using MATLAB as the backhand and VB as the fronthand tool. How can I run a MATLAB script through VB6.0? Can you provide me with the code both at backhand and fronthand and how can I integrate both. Please mail me the solutions on p_b_ganshani@rediffmail.com Waiting for the responses, Punit Ganshani You can use MATLAB Builder for COM, which is based on the MATLAB Compiler. See: http://www.mathworks.com/products/combuilder/ "Punit Ghansani" <p_b_ganshani@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:eee88eb.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > I am using MATLAB as the backhand and...

compile to ram compile to flash
Hi. Is there a comon used notaion or name for a forth word to redirect compilation memory segments? So compilation of new definitions may go into RAM intstead of flash memory for example? MSP430 intructions execute in both memory segments, RAM and flash alike. So I would like to test compile to RAM, and when definition is ok, append it to flash memory. In mecrisp this switching words are COMPILETORAM and COMPILETOFLASH but thats to long words for me. How about: [RAM Regards, MIchael Michael wrote: > Hi. > > Is there a comon used notaion or name for a fort...

Compiling a kernel... a compiler error!
OK, I am compiling a home-brew kernel. At the beginning, it was all Assembly, and ld.exe performed perfectly for linking. However,when I added some standard c code, I got an error which I can't resolve. First of all, here are my calls. BTW, NASM is the Assembly compiler: C:\djgpp\bin\gcc.exe -Wall -O -fstrength-reduce -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -nostdinc -fno-builtin -I./include -c -o main.o main.c C:\Osdever\NASM\nasm.exe -f aout -o start.o start.asm C:\djgpp\bin\ld.exe -T link.ld -o kernel.bin start.o main.o And here is the error from gcc.exe: In file included from &l...

Scheme compiler compiler resources?
Hi folks, Is using Scheme for writing parsers or compilers a well known problem solved by Scheme? Griff wrote: > Hi folks, > > Is using Scheme for writing parsers or compilers a well known problem > solved by Scheme? > http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/Lalr/documentation/lalr.html Bear Griff wrote: > Hi folks, > > Is using Scheme for writing parsers or compilers a well known problem > solved by Scheme? > Ooops, forgot to mention: Scheme implementation of Lex: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~dube/silex.tar.gz Griff skrev: > Hi folks, > &...

Compilation errors with aCC compiler
Hi, I am getting compilation error in folloing situation: Here, I am giving sample piece of code. a.h: ------- extern int g_switch; ------ in "a.c", g_switch = 0; it is giving following error: Error 173: "a.c", line 19 # Redefined symbol 'g_switch'; previously defined at ["../../include/a.h", line 3]. But this code is working fine in all other systems like Suse, Solaris and Windows. System information : HP-UX C3600 B.11.00 U 9000/785 2003506592 unlimited-user license aCC version : aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.55 Please let me know if any c...

compiling plpython compilation error
Hi all. Im having a hard time trying to compile the plpython package. This is the error make gives me: gherzig@vdb:/usr/local/src/postgresql-8.2.5/src/pl/plpython> make gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -fpic -shared -Wl,-soname,libplpython.so.0 plpython.o -L/usr/lib/python2.5/config -L../../../src/port -lpython2.5 -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm -Wl,-rpath,'/usr/lib/python2.5/config' -o libplpython.so.0.0 /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.2.1/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: /usr/lib...

Compilation error with seperate compilation
Can anyone help me with the following problem When i compile a program which is devided in three files and i compile with GCC i'm getting the follwong error However when i put it in one file it conpiles and runs perfectly So it has probaly something to do with the includes , but i do not see what Many regards Nico Heiligers **** Build of configuration Debug for project acc **** **** Internal Builder is used for build **** g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -oreadadfile.o .. \readadfile.cpp In file included from ..\readadfile.cpp:1: ...\adfile.h:12: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration ...

Using the GCCSDK to compile a compiler
Hi, Given that there is a port to ARM Linux (Debian) of Novell's Mono .NET package, I'm guessing that it should be possible to compile the source up using the gccsdk (I'm not saying that it would work without being able to generate RISC OS binaries of C# code, but the source should compile). Now, I've been hacking around with Mono for quite a while and know the internals - what I don't know is how I would use the gccsdk to compile up Mono - does anyone have any hints or tips for doing it? I'll need Peter's config scripts, but there in lies a potential problem - Mo...

How does ASIC compiler compile for if..else..
Hi, if(x1 = '1') then -- (1) R <= y1; elsif(x2 = '1') then R <= y1; .... end if; The above equations are common in VHDL. For a FPGA chip, VHDL compiler will generate the following equation (2) for (1): R <= (x1 and y1) or (not x1 and x2 and y2) + ...; --(2) And based on FPGA structure, compiler will generate intermediate 4 input LUTs to replace the above equation in its final equation. I would like to know if equation (1) is compiled into equation (2) for an ASIC chip by all ASIC VHDL compilers, especially from several predominate VHDL ASIC compiler compan...

compiling the kernel with a different compiler
hi! i've searched for a possible sollution on the web & in other groups, found nothing. i want to compile the kernel with a new gcc version (build from a snapshot). it is located in "/opt". i've tried to do "export CC=/opt/bin/gcc; export HOSTCC=/opt/bin/gcc" and used "-B/opt", but the kernel is still build with my default compiler! please help! thanks in advice! V Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:11:56 -0800, linuxadmin napsal(a): > hi! > > i've searched for a possible sollution on the web & in other groups, > found nothing. > >...

Introducing FALIB, a compiler compiler
I just finished the first release of my very own compiler compiler, similar to Yacc or Bison. You can find the C++ source code at the top of this page: http://code.google.com/p/vm64dec/downloads/list It is called RULECOM, the Rule Compiler and uses FALIB, which stands for Finite Automaton LIBrary (included). It accepts EBNF-style grammars and then converts each rule into an NFA, which has lambda loops and transitions removed, then is converted to a DFA for quick parsing. I made heavy use of DFA theory in the parser. Nonterminals in the grammar are treated like regular symbols, al...

Compiler compiler with C++ as output
Greetings. Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for fully object-oriented compiler compiler. So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions? With Best Regards, Andrey "Andrey Batyuck" <javaman@mail.ru> wrote > Greetings. > > Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like > to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for > fully object-oriented compiler compiler. > > So far i found only an...

compiling using native compiler
When I try to compile python 2.3.4 using SGI's native compiler ../configure --without-gcc followed by make I get error make c++ -o python \ Modules/python.o \ libpython2.3.a -ldl -lpthread -lmpc -lm ld32: WARNING 84 : /usr/lib32/libdl.so is not used for resolving any symbol. ld32: FATAL 9 : I/O error (-lmpc): No such file or directory collect2: ld returned 32 exit status *** Error code 1 (bu21) but I see it in /usr/lib ls -l /usr/lib/mpc -rwxrwxr-x 1 root sys 598996 May 20 17:10 /usr/lib/mpc "SS" ...

PICC Compiler cant compile
hi..can anyone tell me why cant i compile this code at PICC Compiler? the compiler stated that <16f84.h> "File cant be opend" so how can i find this file? or someone else can guide me do fix this problem? thanks /**************************************************************************** COMBO2.C PIC 16F84 Combination Lock - all combinations are six-digits - master combination is '083941' - four transient combinations may be programmed (all keys are allowed) - press within one-second after master combination: 'A' to enter 1st transient combinat...

Web resources about - Meta4... a compiler-compiler - comp.sys.apple2.programmer

Talk:Compiler-compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computer science , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Computer science related ...

Compiler-compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer science , a compiler-compiler or compiler generator is a tool that creates a parser , interpreter , or compiler from some form of ...