text screen lookup table (print to text screen from assembly)

here is a lookuptable for the first 20
lines of the apple II text screen.

call the routine with XLOCATION containing
the horizontal coordinate, YLOCATION containing
the vertical coordinate, and CHARACTER containing
the value of the character you want to print to
the screen.

I looked all over for a program to create the
lookup table, or a pre-made one.  I finally
started POKE'ing to the text screen and figured
out all the addresses.

Rich
http://rich12345.tripod.com
aiiadict AT hotmail DOT com

 ORG $4800

 JMP START

LOOKLO DFB #$00,#$80,#$00,#$80
 DFB #$00,#$80,#$00,#$80
 DFB #$28,#$A8,#$28,#$A8
 DFB #$28,#$A8,#$28,#$A8
 DFB #$50,#$D0,#$50,#$D0

LOOKHI DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05
 DFB #$06,#$06,#$07,#$07
 DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05
 DFB #$06,#$06,#$07,#$07
 DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05

start LDY YLOCATION
      LDX XLOCATION
      LDA LOOKLO,Y
      STA STOR+1
      LDA LOOKHI,Y
      STA STOR+2

      LDA CHARACTER

STOR STA $4000,X
RTS
0
aiiadict
6/29/2004 7:14:16 AM
comp.sys.apple2.programmer 1473 articles. 0 followers. aiiadict (1731) is leader. Post Follow

Rich wrote:

>here is a lookuptable for the first 20
>lines of the apple II text screen.
>
>call the routine with XLOCATION containing
>the horizontal coordinate, YLOCATION containing
>the vertical coordinate, and CHARACTER containing
>the value of the character you want to print to
>the screen.
>
>I looked all over for a program to create the
>lookup table, or a pre-made one.  I finally
>started POKE'ing to the text screen and figured
>out all the addresses.
>
>Rich
>http://rich12345.tripod.com
>aiiadict AT hotmail DOT com
>
> ORG $4800
>
> JMP START
>
>LOOKLO DFB #$00,#$80,#$00,#$80
> DFB #$00,#$80,#$00,#$80
> DFB #$28,#$A8,#$28,#$A8
> DFB #$28,#$A8,#$28,#$A8
> DFB #$50,#$D0,#$50,#$D0
>
>LOOKHI DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05
> DFB #$06,#$06,#$07,#$07
> DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05
> DFB #$06,#$06,#$07,#$07
> DFB #$04,#$04,#$05,#$05
>
>start LDY YLOCATION
>      LDX XLOCATION
>      LDA LOOKLO,Y
>      STA STOR+1
>      LDA LOOKHI,Y
>      STA STOR+2
>
>      LDA CHARACTER
>
>STOR STA $4000,X
>RTS

These addresses are also listed in the reference manual.

You can also call BASCALC in the monitor to compute
the base address for a line.

-michael

Check out amazing quality sound for 8-bit Apples on my
Home page:  http://members.aol.com/MJMahon/
0
mjmahon

How to "draw" (print) "graphics" on black text screen (console)
I would like to "draw" polygons on console (black) screen in "text mode". That is, to draw '**'s instead of lines. Purpose is to let students activate polygon methods and see it on screen, even before they learn AWT and graphics. I wonder if there are freeware classes doing this. If not, how do I do gotoXY() in black console screen. That is, how do I control the cursor position ?. Also, is there a clearScreen () method ? How do I find the actual dimentions (in characters) of the screen ? (not necessarily 25X80). Or, how do I maximize it ? Thanks, Memi (highs...

[LogoForum] printing text on screen
The message below is being cross-posted from LogoForum. im new to logo and everytime i put in print :a it says not enough inputs to print LogoForum messages are archived at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LogoForum "toxicity297" <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]> writes: >im new to logo and everytime i put in >print :a it says not enough inputs to print That should work. What version of Logo, and what context? (Is this in a procedure? What's the rest of the procedure?) ...

print on screen colored text
I would like to print on screen, i.e using disp(sprintf('%s', mystring)) with different colors according to the value of a certain parameter. How can i do that? Thanks edo You cannot print to matlab command window colored text. disp('hello') can print only black text. You can print colored text in figure: text(0.5,0.5,'hallo','color',[0.7 0 0.7]) Also there is psych toolbox (http://psychtoolbox.org/) where you can work in fullscreen mode. And of cause text can be colored here. ---------------------------------------- Maxim Vedenev, Matlab freelancer, ved...

Re: [LogoForum] printing text on screen
The message below is being cross-posted from LogoForum. This sounds really strange to me... What Logo are you using? Are you sure that :a has a value? Are you typing exactly print :a and not print :a + "hello or something like that? Are you sure you haven't opened a file and/or you haven't used setread wrong or anything? --- toxicity297 <toxicity297@yahoo.com.au> =DD=E3=F1=E1=F8=E5: > im new to logo and everytime i put in > print :a it says not enough inputs to print > > > > > > LogoForum messages are archived at: > http://groups.yahoo.com/grou...

text on the screen
Hi all, New to Perl. I saw a perl program (not source code) output formatted text on the terminal in the way, # first time, output a line 23 11 1234 # then, update 11 of above line with 22 at same place on screen 23 22 1234 so, there is no position change for above two lines, but the contents updated. How to do this in Perl? TIA -d dave wrote: [overwriting text on the screen] > so, there is no position change for above two lines, but the contents > updated. How to do this in Perl? For screen control use one of the "Curses" modules: http://search.cpan.o...

text-text

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

Hide Text/Images for print, show on screen (WordXP)
Hi everyone, is there a possibility to hide stuff when I print it, but show it on screen. I have some preprinted pages here, which have exactly the same stuff on them, I have on my screen and printing that stuff again would just go over it and look blurry. So I need a possibility to hide some stuff (mostly on top of the page) for printing, but keep all the other layout information as the position of the Text goes or further information... Thanks in advance Dennis On 26 Aug 2003 07:13:28 -0700, DennisGaida@web.de (Dennis Gaida) wrote: >Hi everyone, > >is ther...

Hide Text/Images for print, show on screen (WordXP)
Hi everyone, is there a possibility to hide stuff when I print it, but show it on screen. I have some preprinted pages here, which have exactly the same stuff on them, I have on my screen and printing that stuff again would just go over it and look blurry. So I need a possibility to hide some stuff (mostly on top of the page) for printing, but keep all the other layout information as the position of the Text goes or further information... Thanks in advance Dennis On 26 Aug 2003 07:13:28 -0700, DennisGaida@web.de (Dennis Gaida) wrote: >Hi everyone, > >is ther...

Text shows up in Word file on-screen but is invisible when printed
I'm getting blank pages EXCEPT for the long horizontal lines I've created by typing a series of hyphens to create section breaks. Same problem with PDFs made from this file and ALL new files I've created. Not having trouble printing web pages and the like -- just Word files and associated PDFs. Problem is on both printers here, so I don't suspect the printers. (One is a buggy HP LJ 1020, the other is a billion-dollar Xerox behemoth.) "Hidden" is not chosen in the font box of the Tools menu, BTW. Any thoughts? Oh: brand-new MacBook Pro with Leo and latest version of ...

Old CRT monitor squishes screen horizontally at text mode, BIOS, and other non-Windows screens.
Hello, I have an old 21" ViewSonic GS815 at work that seems to have started having problems outside of Windows. BIOS, CMOS, DOS prompts, old Norton Ghost 2003 (DOS version), etc. show my screen squished horizontally instead of the whole screen. I can still sort of read the texts, but it's annoying. In Windows (2000, XP, 98, 98 SE, and Me) on three different computers (Micron P2 450 Mhz, Dell Dimension 8250, and a custom built P3 1 Ghz machine via a 4-ports Belkin KVM switch (VGA and PS/2), the screen is fine. However, if I go to Windows' command prompt (cmd.exe and command.com)...

Old CRT monitor squishes screen horizontally at text mode, BIOS, and other non-Windows screens.
Hello, I have an old 21" ViewSonic GS815 at work that seems to have started having problems outside of Windows. BIOS, CMOS, DOS prompts, old Norton Ghost 2003 (DOS version), etc. show my screen squished horizontally instead of the whole screen. I can still sort of read the texts, but it's annoying. In Windows (2000, XP, 98, 98 SE, and Me) on three different computers (Micron P2 450 Mhz, Dell Dimension 8250, and a custom built P3 1 Ghz machine via a 4-ports Belkin KVM switch (VGA and PS/2), the screen is fine. However, if I go to Windows' command prompt (cmd.exe and command.com)...

copying text from table or text widgets
Hello everybody, Can anyone help me on how to copy text from table and text widgets for instance using ctrl+c, to paste the data into notepad or any editor. Thank you, Prashanth ...

Printing text, image, text, image, ...
I have bunch of text files (about 20 lines) and bunch of image files. Is there a clean way to print text, then image, then text, then image, ...., as though there are in single continuous document? -- William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca>, Toronto, Canada ThinFlash: Linux thin-client on USB key (flash) drive http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/thinflash.html BashDiff: Super Bash shell http://freshmeat.net/projects/bashdiff/ ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:01:01 -0400, William Park staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I have [a] bu...

Text screen to binary?
Is there a [simple] technique to bload and bsave 80-column text screens into binary files in Applesoft under ProDOS? Is there some kind of editor that will do the job? I need to do NORMAL and INVERSE text in 80-columns, but no mousetext. -- T____I____M____E____L____O____R____D | Apple II Drum & Bassline Sequencer | | < http://apple2.luddite.ca > | |_[email]__[@]__[luddite]__[.]__[ca]_| Skip it... duplicate query. Simon Williams <spam@luddite.ca> wrote: > Is there a [simple] technique to bload and bsave 80-column text screens > into binary files in Applesoft un...

Updating Text on Screen
I have a program that is going to return position data several times a second. Instead of printing this data to the screen on new line every time, I would like to simply have the program print "Position: XX" on one line, adn then update the XX every time there is new data. I am working with just a simple console app in Linux. Someone had mention fstream and seekp but I was wondering if anyone had a bit more guidance or somewhere to look, perhaps a good primer on using fstream with the screen buffer (almost everything about fstream that I found relates to using it with a file). Tha...

Lookup Tables for text
Hi I had a table for frequencies for various notes on&nbsp;a guitar and needed to convert to an actual note eg. 82.41 corresponding to an E2 and so on. I also wanted to make sure that no matter what values were supplied, it would round to the nearest number and then spit out the note corresponding to that number or frequency. I tried using 1D lookup tables for this purpose but found that I could not input alpha- numeric characters for the LUT Data - the values (notes) to be outputted. &nbsp; Any suggestions? Or is there some other way I should be looking at. I only chose this way beca...

fetching text from the screen
Hello list, I'm thinking about a python script which fetch some text from the screen independent of what application provides the text on the screen. In this regard it should be similar to the babylon software: www.babylon.com Here my thoughts: 1) getting the mouse position 2) calculate a adequate rectangle around the mouse position 3) fetch the screen content in this rectangle 4) use a OCR library to get the text out of 3) 5) do something usefull with it. Has someone experiences with this task ? Is this a good roadmap or could someone think of a better way? Which OCR library shou...

text screen login
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C73A29.8A6FC780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I powered up my iMac this morning and all I see is : Darwin/BSD login: But when I type in my login name and password, all I get was a message = that the authorization couldn't be established. Now what do I do?? ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C73A29.8A6FC780 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD ...

Text on the screen , java3d
hey mates, im really newbie with java3d, im learning this api, and doing somes test, but i have my first question, i want to put some text on the screen, i know its exist a Text2D class, but its interact with the virtualuniverse , i want only put flat text on the screen, with some data, maybe the fps , coordenates , etc i was trying to use the getGraphics of Canvas3D and use drawString but didnt work, i did the same thing with Frame also with Applet, i got the graphics and used drawString, but nothing how can i do to be able to do this? could you give me somes examples? i hop...

AppleWorks text on screen
Years ago I remember how much better text looked on screen with OS 9 than earlier versions. ClarisWorks was an exception. I've had OS X almost a year and finally switched from a 1024 x 768 CRT to a 1280 x 1024 LCD. Text in most applications looks better, but AppleWorks WP looks worse than ever. I've tried different fonts and "use fractional widths." Am I missing something? What's a good application for creating and reading documents on screen? Denominator <flash@invalid.invalid> wrote: > Years ago I remember how much better text looked on screen with...

Text screen to binary
Is there any prodos screen editor that can save a text screen as a binary file? I'm thinking it would be much easier (and hopefully faster) to just BLOAD my ascii-art GUI than to fill my Applesoft programs with excessive print statements. I need to do 80-column normal and inverse. -sw -- T____I____M____E____L____O____R____D | Apple II Drum & Bassline Sequencer | | < http://apple2.luddite.ca > | |_[email]__[@]__[luddite]__[.]__[ca]_| In article <1g71vfd.1nzljk6xukjkN%spam@luddite.ca>, spam@luddite.ca (Simon Williams) wrote: > Is there any prodos screen editor...

Printing screen from laptop screen to word document
Hi all, I have tried using the prtsc key and various screen capture software pieces to capture pascal screens to insert into word document while in graphics mode. Unfortunately, all efforts end in either garbled unicode text or an entirely black screen. Is there any way that I can do this using windows XP? It works under XP on desktop machines. Just not on my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Josh "Joshua S Redford" <redford@acsu.buffalo.edu> schreef in bericht news:Xns957995D9237B2redfordacsubuffaloed@128.205.7.39... > Hi all, > I have t...

If a text field is not empty, print a comma after the text
How do I do this in the calculation field? I do a lot of formatting of text in FM (8) on a Mac and am trying to learn on my own. This should be a simple task, but I can't figure it out. Thanks for any help. John Oliver composer <spamisevil@shaw.ca> writes: > How do I do this in the calculation field? I do a lot of formatting of > text in FM (8) on a Mac and am trying to learn on my own. This should > be a simple task, but I can't figure it out. > Thanks for any help. if( not isempty(self) ; self & "," ) Jens -- Free PlugIn for Regular Expressions ...

Web resources about - text screen lookup table (print to text screen from assembly) - comp.sys.apple2.programmer

United Nations General Assembly resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A United Nations General Assembly Resolution is voted on by all member states of the United Nations in the General Assembly . General Assembly ...

Fluffy dual occupancy passes Assembly
Fluffy dual occupancy passes Assembly, freeing the way for the government to begin auctioning the first 50 blocks

ACT Assembly launches youth suicide inquiry
A Legislative Assembly committee will conduct an inquiry on the rising rate of youth suicide in the ACT.

Anchorage Assembly sets buffer zones for pot businesses, bans in-store consumption - Alaska Dispatch ...
When marijuana businesses can legally open in Anchorage later this year, they'll have to be at least 500 feet from schools in most parts of the ...

SEGA, Creative Assembly Prep Total War Battles: Kingdom for Mobile
Following the release of the game’s open beta on Steam for PC, SEGA and developer Creative Assembly are preparing to release Total War Battles: ...

Hogan backs $1.2 million plan to livestream Maryland General Assembly
Gov. Larry Hogan announced Wednesday he supports a $1.2 million plan to livestream video of debate from the floor of the General Assembly chambers. ...

I need this autonomous Lego paper airplane assembly factory right now
I don’t make paper airplanes as much as I used to, and I don’t play with Legos as much as I’d really love to. But I'd definitely want this mesmerizing ...

Exclusive first look at assembly work of Mars 2020 mission
"CBS This Morning" became the first broadcast to look inside the mission that may finally put humans on the Red Planet in the next few decades ...

Mercedes-Benz Says “So Long” To Some Assembly Line Robots, “Hello” To Actual Humans
We’ve likely all seen the photos, videos, and stories of robots preparing for their inevitable uprising by taking on jobs in factories and plants ...

Lawmakers Want General Assembly To Take Up Pot Bill
HARTFORD &amp;#8211; With other New England states considering legalizing the recreational use of marijuana, a New Haven lawmaker wants a discussion ...