Can't use my //e because I can't get any software for it

Here's my problem.  I have an Apple //e, but I have absolutely no
software for it.  I have an older Mac.  All of the images I have found
are 5.25" and I can't write those back to the floppy using the Mac (or
a PC for that matter).  I don't have a null modem, but that doesn't
matter because I don't have any comm software.  Basically I have no
way to get anything onto a bootable floppy.

Now, if I could find a bootable image of a 3.5" disk I would be in
business, but everything is in 5.25" format.  Would an emaulator be
able to create a bootable 3.5" disk for me?  Would someone be able to
email me an image of a 3.5" bootable Prodos system disk?

Luis
0
desantos (8)
7/30/2003 2:44:23 AM
comp.sys.apple2 11066 articles. 3 followers. antoine.vignau (1077) is leader. Post Follow

"Luis de Santos" <desantos@cfl.rr.nospam.com> wrote in message

> Here's my problem.  I have an Apple //e, but I have absolutely no
> software for it.  I have an older Mac.  All of the images I have found
> are 5.25" and I can't write those back to the floppy using the Mac (or
> a PC for that matter).  I don't have a null modem, but that doesn't
> matter because I don't have any comm software.  Basically I have no
> way to get anything onto a bootable floppy.
>
> Now, if I could find a bootable image of a 3.5" disk I would be in
> business, but everything is in 5.25" format.  Would an emaulator be
> able to create a bootable 3.5" disk for me?  Would someone be able to
> email me an image of a 3.5" bootable Prodos system disk?
>
> Luis

You should read over the faq. Find it here:

http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/A2FAQs1START.html

If you have a PC you can use a program called ADT to make a boot disk for
your IIe.  The faq has info on how to do that. I don't think there is a Mac
version.

You can download disk images from Apple for the IIgs.  Use the Mac utility
"DiskCopy" or even better is "DiskDup+". The IIgs disks have ProDos on them,
but I'm not sure if you can boot a IIe with any of them.  Do you have a 3.5"
disk for your IIe?  I don't think that's very common.

Last time I looked you could also download disk images for ProDos, but I
don't remember what format they are in.  Do a search of Apple's archives.
Good luck.
-Paul

0
grammens (51)
7/30/2003 5:18:06 AM
Luis de Santos <desantos@cfl.rr.nospam.com> wrote:
> Here's my problem.  I have an Apple //e, but I have absolutely no
> software for it.  I have an older Mac.  All of the images I have found
> are 5.25" and I can't write those back to the floppy using the Mac (or
> a PC for that matter).  I don't have a null modem, but that doesn't
> matter because I don't have any comm software.  Basically I have no
> way to get anything onto a bootable floppy.
>
> Now, if I could find a bootable image of a 3.5" disk I would be in
> business, but everything is in 5.25" format.  Would an emaulator be
> able to create a bootable 3.5" disk for me?  Would someone be able to
> email me an image of a 3.5" bootable Prodos system disk?

On http://www.faddensoft.com/ciderpress/tutorial/ you can find a sample
disk image in 3.5" format that boots into ProDOS 8.  CiderPress can convert
it to DiskCopy format, which you can write to a single-density 3.5"
disk (the standard double-density disks will work, but may not work for
long if you write a lot).

CiderPress can convert ProDOS 5.25" disk images to 3.5" format.  Convert
the contents to a file archive, and then convert that back to an 800K disk
image.  Convert the .PO image that results to DiskCopy format.  (Come
to think of it, most DiskCopy 6 images are exactly the same as .PO, so
you may just be able to rename it to ".dc6" and have it work.)

As someone else pointed out, none of this will do you much good unless
you have a 3.5" drive for your //e.

--
Send mail to fadden@fadden.com (Andy McFadden) - http://www.fadden.com/
CD-Recordable FAQ - http://www.cdrfaq.org/

"Andy McFadden" <fadden@fadden.com> wrote

> On http://www.faddensoft.com/ciderpress/tutorial/ you can find a sample
> disk image in 3.5" format that boots into ProDOS 8.  CiderPress can
convert
> it to DiskCopy format, which you can write to a single-density 3.5"
> disk (the standard double-density disks will work, but may not work for
> long if you write a lot).
>
> CiderPress can convert ProDOS 5.25" disk images to 3.5" format.  Convert
> the contents to a file archive, and then convert that back to an 800K disk
> image.  Convert the .PO image that results to DiskCopy format.  (Come
> to think of it, most DiskCopy 6 images are exactly the same as .PO, so
> you may just be able to rename it to ".dc6" and have it work.)
>
> As someone else pointed out, none of this will do you much good unless
> you have a 3.5" drive for your //e.
>
> --
> Send mail to fadden@fadden.com (Andy McFadden) - http://www.fadden.com/
> CD-Recordable FAQ - http://www.cdrfaq.org/
> CiderPress Apple II archive utility for Windows -
http://www.faddensoft.com/
> Fight Internet Spam - http://spam.abuse.net/spam/ & http://spamcop.net/

0
grammens (51)

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

if lisp can add any feature, then why doesn't it get used? I don't get it..
I really don't and for some odd reason I have this fascination with forth lisp smalltalk io haskell aggghhh!! On 2008-09-06 11:46:32 +0100, gavino <gavcomedy@gmail.com> said: > I really don't > > and for some odd reason I have this fascination with forth lisp > smalltalk io haskell > > aggghhh!! Isn't the answer *precisely* in your asking the question? Lisp is not used by "people who don't get it". Not because those that do are any smarter or born geniuses, but surely *because* they decided to put in *the effort* to learn and see "...

Can't Use OnCurrent Event / Can't Find Macro
I have run into a sudden problem and thought I'd see if anyone else has ran into this. Out of nowhere (sort-of) I am not able to access the OnCurrent event on a subform. I, of course, can write code for the event, but [Event Procedure] under OnCurrent does not show up on the properties of the subform, and the event does not fire. When this problem happened, it seems to have also generated an error while changing records in the Main Form. The error is "...can't find the macro ".". At least I think their related...both started at the same time. I have never used a macro...

OS X
after a bit of reading, it looks like I did a veeeeery shtupid thing... (I'm copying my post to this newsgroup, as the alt.sys.mac.newuser-help group didn't look quite as highly-trafficked...) anyways, here's what I did... ----------------------------------- in an effort to help the owner of a nice shiny new eMac 'clean up' their personal folder, I moved a few items... including the Library folder! it appears.... correct me if I'm wrong... that Mac OS X then created a NEW library... so we restarted it, and all the Quicken data, dialup info, (etc.) was gone... so we ...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

Can't see all of the queries when merging to MS Word and can't get to reports
I'm working with a database developed by an untrained person over several years - and on a network that has recently been upgraded with a new server installed and MS office upgraded from 2K (I think - it might have been XP) to 2003. The database is impressive, both in what it does and the obtuse and inconsistent ways it works. There are several hundred queries, for example, with no indication of where they are used or if they are in fact necessary at all... The database is for the local Hospice service, and their entire operation is based on it - from patient records to donations. The ...

Branch can't get to internet, can't ping anything but ethernet at main site.
Ok, What am i missing? I've got a new MPLS connection up and running. I can ping the branch site from my main site just fine. I can not ping ANYTHING past the main site ethernet port via the branch router. Can someone please help me out!!! Heres so configs Main: interface FastEthernet0/0 description $ETH-SW-LAUNCH$$INTF-INFO-FE 0/0$$ETH-LAN$ ip address 192.168.1.251 255.255.255.0 duplex auto speed auto ! interface Serial0/0/0 ip address 63.239.127.226 255.255.255.252 ip access-group 189 in service-module t1 timeslots 1-12 ! router rip version 2 passive-interface FastEthernet0/0...

can't get the $_GET['id'] after the header is sent but page doesn't redirect
In the first if, the page is displayed without any company cars selected. If there is a company selected, then the id value is posted and captured by the redirect (1st elseif). Then one of two things can happen. The final else the selected company/id cars get displayed in the browser, or in the case of a post to a form for excel, the a header gets sent to the to the current_sightingsXL.php page. The current_sightingsXL.php and current_sightings.php pages test out. The second elseif works with one minor problem. I have to type in the url with the id to get it to download to excel. i...

Can't get past 'use strict' :(
Here I go again: the following code: while(my $line = <DIRLIST>) { my $dir_list[$i] = $line; chomp($dir_list[$i]); $i++; } produces this error: syntax error at ./backup.pl line 24, near "$dir_list[" when i use "use strict". I read Programming Perl's chapter on strict, but I can't get this thing working :(. -- _______ Karlo Lozovina - Mosor | | |.-----.-----. | || _ | _ | Na osami blizu mora, dok se sunce zemlji smije |__|_|__||_____|_____| Balun gledat, ...

Can't Print, Can't Forward
Dear LN Experts, I have a simple Lotus Notes database containing a form with several fields but no subforms. In production, the application does not allow anyone to print documents created with the main form or to forward them via email. I have checked each field individually and confirmed that the form security setting allows printing and forwarding and I am at a loss to resolve the problem. Although I am a manager in the db, I myself am not allowed to print a document. The print option is grey in the file menu. If I create a new document, enter some data and save it,...

Can't do math. Can't read.
Can't do math. Can't read. We must be talking about Snit. LOL! ...

OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making copies of all the Web sites they index and they're not asking permission," said Fred von Lohman, an attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "From a strict copyright standpoint, it violates copyright." * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://rave...

can't install a windows software, using 'wine'
Hi, I am having trouble installing a windows application. Normally, under windows, I would just click on setup.exe file. But when I tried to install it under linux, I tried: wine Setup.exe At this point, I have got a lot of error messages, and eventually the terminal froze. So I can't really post all the error messages, but I have got the following messages. fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects fixme:ole:CoTreatAsClass ({8c3c1b17-e59d-11d2-b40b-00a024b9dddd},{22d84ec7-e201-4432-b3ed-a9dca3604594}) fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal ...

Re: OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
Mark writes: > Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? But on the positive side, last week the federal 9th circuit court affirmed that offering "thumbnails" of graphic images is "fair use"... http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/07/2141216 G. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Web resources about - Can't use my //e because I can't get any software for it - comp.sys.apple2