Convert 15KHz to 30KHz?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

    I have seen that someone tried to convert 15KHz horizontial sync to
30KHz horizontial sync from Apple IIgs' RGB to VGA monitor.  The trick is to
add blanking sync.  First line is displayed, second line is blanking, third
line is displayed, four line is blanking, and so forth until it reaches 400
lines.  It is like that displaying is odd and blanking is even.
    The convertor device receives 15KHz from Apple IIgs' RGB before it adds
another 15KHz as blanking.  It equals to 30KHz before it starts to display
on VGA monitor.  I am sure that mixing odd and even lines do not look good.
Someone did try to duplicate odd lines into even lines that is called double
line per single line.  It may be a clever trick, but it is very rare that no
one is doing a test yet.
    Did you test to work with LCD that supports 15KHz?

--
Bryan Parkoff

0
Reply bryan.nospam.parkoff (124) 6/12/2004 4:00:10 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Bryan Parkoff" <bryan.nospam.parkoff@nospam.com> wrote:

>    I have seen that someone tried to convert 15KHz horizontial sync to
>30KHz horizontial sync from Apple IIgs' RGB to VGA monitor.  The trick is to
>add blanking sync.  First line is displayed, second line is blanking, third
>line is displayed, four line is blanking, and so forth until it reaches 400
>lines.  It is like that displaying is odd and blanking is even.
>    The convertor device receives 15KHz from Apple IIgs' RGB before it adds
>another 15KHz as blanking.  It equals to 30KHz before it starts to display
>on VGA monitor.  I am sure that mixing odd and even lines do not look good.
>Someone did try to duplicate odd lines into even lines that is called double
>line per single line.  It may be a clever trick, but it is very rare that no
>one is doing a test yet.
>    Did you test to work with LCD that supports 15KHz?

There are (not cheap) devices with a technology called scan doubler that display
rgb (interlaced) 15 KHz signals  fine on a VGA monitor as (de-interlaced) 30 KHz
signals.

Hans, http://www.hansotten.com
0
Reply nobody1987 (62) 6/12/2004 4:46:28 PM

    Do you know where to find expensive device that has line doubler?

--
Bryan Parkoff

"Hans Otten" <nobody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Bryan Parkoff" <bryan.nospam.parkoff@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >    I have seen that someone tried to convert 15KHz horizontial sync to
> >30KHz horizontial sync from Apple IIgs' RGB to VGA monitor.  The trick is
> >add blanking sync.  First line is displayed, second line is blanking,
third
> >line is displayed, four line is blanking, and so forth until it reaches
400
> >lines.  It is like that displaying is odd and blanking is even.
> >    The convertor device receives 15KHz from Apple IIgs' RGB before it
adds
> >another 15KHz as blanking.  It equals to 30KHz before it starts to
display
> >on VGA monitor.  I am sure that mixing odd and even lines do not look
good.
> >Someone did try to duplicate odd lines into even lines that is called
double
> >line per single line.  It may be a clever trick, but it is very rare that
no
> >one is doing a test yet.
> >    Did you test to work with LCD that supports 15KHz?
>
> There are (not cheap) devices with a technology called scan doubler that
display
> rgb (interlaced) 15 KHz signals  fine on a VGA monitor as (de-interlaced)
30 KHz
> signals.
>
> Hans, http://www.hansotten.com

0
Reply bryan.nospam.parkoff (124) 6/12/2004 5:04:07 PM

    Do you know where to find expensive device that has line doubler?

--
Bryan Parkoff

"Hans Otten" <nobody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Bryan Parkoff" <bryan.nospam.parkoff@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >    I have seen that someone tried to convert 15KHz horizontial sync to
> >30KHz horizontial sync from Apple IIgs' RGB to VGA monitor.  The trick is
> >add blanking sync.  First line is displayed, second line is blanking,
third
> >line is displayed, four line is blanking, and so forth until it reaches
400
> >lines.  It is like that displaying is odd and blanking is even.
> >    The convertor device receives 15KHz from Apple IIgs' RGB before it
adds
> >another 15KHz as blanking.  It equals to 30KHz before it starts to
display
> >on VGA monitor.  I am sure that mixing odd and even lines do not look
good.
> >Someone did try to duplicate odd lines into even lines that is called
double
> >line per single line.  It may be a clever trick, but it is very rare that
no
> >one is doing a test yet.
> >    Did you test to work with LCD that supports 15KHz?
>
> There are (not cheap) devices with a technology called scan doubler that
display
> rgb (interlaced) 15 KHz signals  fine on a VGA monitor as (de-interlaced)
30 KHz
> signals.
>
> Hans, http://www.hansotten.com

0
Reply bryan.nospam.parkoff (124) 6/12/2004 5:05:25 PM

"Bryan Parkoff" <bryan.nospam.parkoff@nospam.com> wrote:

>    Do you know where to find expensive device that has line doubler?

Do a google search for : rgb scan doubler

Hans, http://www.hansotten.com
0
Reply nobody1987 (62) 6/12/2004 5:16:17 PM
comp.sys.apple2 9983 articles. 8 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to convert xls2pdf How to convert xls2txt
a. Where would there be a converter by email for xls2pdf ..xls to .pdf b. or a coverter by email for xls2txt ..xls to text c. where you send the .xls attachment by email and get the conversion by email d. or even preferable you can send the .xls attachment by email and read it at a web link. On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 11:23:58PM -0500, Don Saklad wrote: > a. > Where would there be a converter by email for > xls2pdf > .xls to .pdf > > b. > or a coverter by email for > xls2txt > .xls to text > > > c. > where you send the .xls attachment by email and ge...

How to convert xls2pdf How to convert xls2txt
a. Where would there be a converter by email for xls2pdf ..xls to .pdf b. or a coverter by email for xls2txt ..xls to text c. where you send the .xls attachment by email and get the conversion by email d. or even preferable you can send the .xls attachment by email and read it at a web link. Hi Don Don Saklad wrote: > a. > Where would there be a converter by email for > xls2pdf > .xls to .pdf > > b. > or a coverter by email for > xls2txt > .xls to text There are others a lot more prone to answer this one, but: XLS, as I understand it, really IS text, so mayb...

How to convert convert character variables
I am tring to transform character variables to numeric. Here is a small exemple data a; d1b1 = "a"; d1b2 = "b"; d1b3 = "c"; /* here I tried the transformation */ array varc1 (*) d1b1-d1b3 ; do k = 1 to dim (varc1); varc1 (k) = varc1(k)+0 ; /* or this varc1 (k) = INPUT(varc1(k), 3.); */ end; data b; d1b1 = 1; d1b2 = 2; d1b3 = 3; data c; set a b; proc freq; table d1b1-d1b3; run; and I get this Log message 336 data c; 337 set a b; ERROR: Variable d1b1 has been defined as both character and numeric. ERROR: Variable d1b2 has been defined as...

convert
It is possible to convert a 'C' language program to 'Assembly language"?If it is ,please tell me how? i <spamtrap@crayne.org> wrote: > It is possible to convert a 'C' language program to 'Assembly > language"?If it is ,please tell me how? > If you have gcc: gcc -S program.c -Rob Hoelz i wrote: > It is possible to convert a 'C' language program to 'Assembly > language"?If it is ,please tell me how? Yes, with a compiler of course. :-) With GCC, you can get the assembly output by giving the -S flag, I think. ...

convert
I have two std_logic_vectors x and y( bit sequences). First of all, how do I add them? if i simply do x+y, i get an error. What is the best way to do this? should i do a conversion(to_bitvector) or something else? Thanks raj thats because logic types dont do arithmetic. use the ieee numeric library or the std_logic_unsigned or std_logic_signed, then it will work. Thanks ...

convert
Hello, I want to process data in labview 8.0 that i'm getting from VBAI 3.0 The problem is that the data are not in the format that i can process. I want to compare this data with others data. The problem is that i dont know the format in which&nbsp; VBAI is communicating is data to the labview. in resum what i want to do is to get data from VBAI through the custom step to process it and to send it to the next step. could someone help me with this issue? &nbsp; Regards &nbsp; Tchaou. Hello Allison, Thank you for replying to my question. In fact to get the all idea of what i...

Convert
I would like to convert data numbers to text.... i.e. 1 = Inactive 2 = Due 3 = Received 4 = Problems 5 = Cleared Their is numbers in the fields at the moment but they need to be converted to the words.... I have tried everything that I can think of at the moment.... if anyone can help. Elaine Create a 2 column table with the number in one column and the text in the 2nd, Then use an update query to convert the number to text. But, once you have the new table why convert? Use the table to provide lookup on the forms, which will greatly improve you data consistency. Your users would never ne...

convert
hi hope im in the right newsgroup is there a way to get a van basco midi karaoke tune to play in my midi player thanks for any help kirriejim You can change most Karaoke files into midi files by just re-name the file and change the file extension from .KAR to .MID and load as a midi file. .. ...

convert
how to convert the matlab file into visual basic 6??... ...