Convert 15KHz to 30KHz?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

    I have seen that someone tried to convert 15KHz horizontial sync to
30KHz horizontial sync from Apple IIgs' RGB to VGA monitor.  The trick is to
add blanking sync.  First line is displayed, second line is blanking, third
line is displayed, four line is blanking, and so forth until it reaches 400
lines.  It is like that displaying is odd and blanking is even.
    The convertor device receives 15KHz from Apple IIgs' RGB before it adds
another 15KHz as blanking.  It equals to 30KHz before it starts to display
on VGA monitor.  I am sure that mixing odd and even lines do not look good.
Someone did try to duplicate odd lines into even lines that is called double
line per single line.  It may be a clever trick, but it is very rare that no
one is doing a test yet.
    Did you test to work with LCD that supports 15KHz?

--
Bryan Parkoff

0
Reply bryan.nospam.parkoff (124) 6/12/2004 4:00:10 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Bryan Parkoff" <bryan.nospam.parkoff@nospam.com> wrote:

>    I have seen that someone tried to convert 15KHz horizontial sync to
>30KHz horizontial sync from Apple IIgs' RGB to VGA monitor.  The trick is to
>add blanking sync.  First line is displayed, second line is blanking, third
>line is displayed, four line is blanking, and so forth until it reaches 400
>lines.  It is like that displaying is odd and blanking is even.
>    The convertor device receives 15KHz from Apple IIgs' RGB before it adds
>another 15KHz as blanking.  It equals to 30KHz before it starts to display
>on VGA monitor.  I am sure that mixing odd and even lines do not look good.
>Someone did try to duplicate odd lines into even lines that is called double
>line per single line.  It may be a clever trick, but it is very rare that no
>one is doing a test yet.
>    Did you test to work with LCD that supports 15KHz?

There are (not cheap) devices with a technology called scan doubler that display
rgb (interlaced) 15 KHz signals  fine on a VGA monitor as (de-interlaced) 30 KHz
signals.

Hans, http://www.hansotten.com
0
Reply nobody1987 (62) 6/12/2004 4:46:28 PM

    Do you know where to find expensive device that has line doubler?

--
Bryan Parkoff

"Hans Otten" <nobody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Bryan Parkoff" <bryan.nospam.parkoff@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >    I have seen that someone tried to convert 15KHz horizontial sync to
> >30KHz horizontial sync from Apple IIgs' RGB to VGA monitor.  The trick is
> >add blanking sync.  First line is displayed, second line is blanking,
third
> >line is displayed, four line is blanking, and so forth until it reaches
400
> >lines.  It is like that displaying is odd and blanking is even.
> >    The convertor device receives 15KHz from Apple IIgs' RGB before it
adds
> >another 15KHz as blanking.  It equals to 30KHz before it starts to
display
> >on VGA monitor.  I am sure that mixing odd and even lines do not look
good.
> >Someone did try to duplicate odd lines into even lines that is called
double
> >line per single line.  It may be a clever trick, but it is very rare that
no
> >one is doing a test yet.
> >    Did you test to work with LCD that supports 15KHz?
>
> There are (not cheap) devices with a technology called scan doubler that
display
> rgb (interlaced) 15 KHz signals  fine on a VGA monitor as (de-interlaced)
30 KHz
> signals.
>
> Hans, http://www.hansotten.com

0
Reply bryan.nospam.parkoff (124) 6/12/2004 5:04:07 PM

    Do you know where to find expensive device that has line doubler?

--
Bryan Parkoff

"Hans Otten" <nobody@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Bryan Parkoff" <bryan.nospam.parkoff@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >    I have seen that someone tried to convert 15KHz horizontial sync to
> >30KHz horizontial sync from Apple IIgs' RGB to VGA monitor.  The trick is
> >add blanking sync.  First line is displayed, second line is blanking,
third
> >line is displayed, four line is blanking, and so forth until it reaches
400
> >lines.  It is like that displaying is odd and blanking is even.
> >    The convertor device receives 15KHz from Apple IIgs' RGB before it
adds
> >another 15KHz as blanking.  It equals to 30KHz before it starts to
display
> >on VGA monitor.  I am sure that mixing odd and even lines do not look
good.
> >Someone did try to duplicate odd lines into even lines that is called
double
> >line per single line.  It may be a clever trick, but it is very rare that
no
> >one is doing a test yet.
> >    Did you test to work with LCD that supports 15KHz?
>
> There are (not cheap) devices with a technology called scan doubler that
display
> rgb (interlaced) 15 KHz signals  fine on a VGA monitor as (de-interlaced)
30 KHz
> signals.
>
> Hans, http://www.hansotten.com

0
Reply bryan.nospam.parkoff (124) 6/12/2004 5:05:25 PM

"Bryan Parkoff" <bryan.nospam.parkoff@nospam.com> wrote:

>    Do you know where to find expensive device that has line doubler?

Do a google search for : rgb scan doubler

Hans, http://www.hansotten.com
0
Reply nobody1987 (62) 6/12/2004 5:16:17 PM
comp.sys.apple2 10279 articles. 8 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How to convert xls2pdf How to convert xls2txt
a. Where would there be a converter by email for xls2pdf ..xls to .pdf b. or a coverter by email for xls2txt ..xls to text c. where you send the .xls attachment by email and get the conversion by email d. or even preferable you can send the .xls attachment by email and read it at a web link. On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 11:23:58PM -0500, Don Saklad wrote: > a. > Where would there be a converter by email for > xls2pdf > .xls to .pdf > > b. > or a coverter by email for > xls2txt > .xls to text > > > c. > where you send the .xls attachment by email and ge...

How to convert xls2pdf How to convert xls2txt
a. Where would there be a converter by email for xls2pdf ..xls to .pdf b. or a coverter by email for xls2txt ..xls to text c. where you send the .xls attachment by email and get the conversion by email d. or even preferable you can send the .xls attachment by email and read it at a web link. Hi Don Don Saklad wrote: > a. > Where would there be a converter by email for > xls2pdf > .xls to .pdf > > b. > or a coverter by email for > xls2txt > .xls to text There are others a lot more prone to answer this one, but: XLS, as I understand it, really IS text, so mayb...

How to convert convert character variables
I am tring to transform character variables to numeric. Here is a small exemple data a; d1b1 = "a"; d1b2 = "b"; d1b3 = "c"; /* here I tried the transformation */ array varc1 (*) d1b1-d1b3 ; do k = 1 to dim (varc1); varc1 (k) = varc1(k)+0 ; /* or this varc1 (k) = INPUT(varc1(k), 3.); */ end; data b; d1b1 = 1; d1b2 = 2; d1b3 = 3; data c; set a b; proc freq; table d1b1-d1b3; run; and I get this Log message 336 data c; 337 set a b; ERROR: Variable d1b1 has been defined as both character and numeric. ERROR: Variable d1b2 has been defined as...

convert
It is possible to convert a 'C' language program to 'Assembly language"?If it is ,please tell me how? i <spamtrap@crayne.org> wrote: > It is possible to convert a 'C' language program to 'Assembly > language"?If it is ,please tell me how? > If you have gcc: gcc -S program.c -Rob Hoelz i wrote: > It is possible to convert a 'C' language program to 'Assembly > language"?If it is ,please tell me how? Yes, with a compiler of course. :-) With GCC, you can get the assembly output by giving the -S flag, I think. ...

convert
I have two std_logic_vectors x and y( bit sequences). First of all, how do I add them? if i simply do x+y, i get an error. What is the best way to do this? should i do a conversion(to_bitvector) or something else? Thanks raj thats because logic types dont do arithmetic. use the ieee numeric library or the std_logic_unsigned or std_logic_signed, then it will work. Thanks ...

convert
Hello, I want to process data in labview 8.0 that i'm getting from VBAI 3.0 The problem is that the data are not in the format that i can process. I want to compare this data with others data. The problem is that i dont know the format in which&nbsp; VBAI is communicating is data to the labview. in resum what i want to do is to get data from VBAI through the custom step to process it and to send it to the next step. could someone help me with this issue? &nbsp; Regards &nbsp; Tchaou. Hello Allison, Thank you for replying to my question. In fact to get the all idea of what i...

Convert
I would like to convert data numbers to text.... i.e. 1 = Inactive 2 = Due 3 = Received 4 = Problems 5 = Cleared Their is numbers in the fields at the moment but they need to be converted to the words.... I have tried everything that I can think of at the moment.... if anyone can help. Elaine Create a 2 column table with the number in one column and the text in the 2nd, Then use an update query to convert the number to text. But, once you have the new table why convert? Use the table to provide lookup on the forms, which will greatly improve you data consistency. Your users would never ne...

convert
hi hope im in the right newsgroup is there a way to get a van basco midi karaoke tune to play in my midi player thanks for any help kirriejim You can change most Karaoke files into midi files by just re-name the file and change the file extension from .KAR to .MID and load as a midi file. .. ...

convert
how to convert the matlab file into visual basic 6??... ...

convert
Hi, if I have real :: x I can do real(x,wp) to convert x to real(wp). My question is whether there is something similar to convert complex :: z into a complex(wp). Thank you, Marco On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 15:21:11 -0700, khorasani.hamid wrote: > if I have > > real :: x > > I can do real(x,wp) to convert x to real(wp). My question is whether > there is something similar to convert > > complex :: z > > into a complex(wp). cmplx(z,wp) -- steve On Jun 7, 8:21=A0am, khorasani.ha...@gmail.com wrote: >...

Convert
I need to convert paradox files to excel. What can i use ? Thanks ! Do you have the Paradox application? If so, it can export Paradox and dBase tables to Excel. If you don't have Paradox, you may be able to open the tables in Excel or Access using ODBC if the tables are an older format. Avelino Tavares wrote: > I need to convert paradox files to excel. > What can i use ? > > Thanks ! > > > I need to convert paradox files to excel.What can i use ? what tools/platforms/apps do you actually have at hand? -- Steven Green - Myrtle Be...

Re: How to convert convert character variables
Hi Italian nameless Ebola, Can't you be a little bit less anonymous? You do not need to be ashamed asking questions like this. That is where the list and all of us are for. Back to your problem: Before getting that error report you get important notes as well, saying: NOTE: Character values have been converted to numeric values at the places given by: (Line):(Column). 11:13 NOTE: Numeric values have been converted to character values at the places given by: (Line):(Column). 11:1 NOTE: Invalid numeric data, 'a' , at line 11 column 13. NOTE: Invalid numeric...

Convert to binary and convert back to strings
Hi... I would like to take a string like 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocius' and write it to a file in binary forms -- this way a user cannot read the string in case they were try to open in something like ascii text editor. I'd also like to be able to read the binary formed data back into string format so that it shows the original value. Is there any way to do this in Python? Thanks! Harlin Harlin Seritt wrote: > Hi... > > I would like to take a string like 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocius' > and write it to a file in binary forms -- this way a user ca...

To convert to J2SE 6 or not to convert, that is the question...
I have a general question for contemplation: when does anyone consider converting to the new Mustang version of Java, which is now in beta? obviously you have to consider this case by case, but as a general principle, can you stay with the current version if you don't need the full compiler control, scripting options from version 6? or are you supposed to switch? the conversion from 1.4 to 1.5 is still fresh is memory, and now Sun is moving to Open Source, what effects will this have on the standard? Jaap On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 03:38:07 +0800, Jaap wrote (in article <44b15b1f$0$19...

OE v. Eudora: To convert or not to convert?
I have been toying with the idea of converting from Outlook Express to Eudora. During a test run, I ran into a number of problems that I am hoping someone can assist me with. 1 -- conversion of mailboxes from OE to Eudora was very spotty. I have a LOT of mail folders in OE and many of them (about 15%) did not convert to Eudora. 2 -- many of the folders that did convert did not do so in the order they were maintained in OE. For instance, if I had a Folder with 3 subfolders, I ended up with 4 individual mailboxes scattered to various places after converting to Eudora. 3 -- Th...

converter to convert VGA to RCA/TV?
I am buying a laptop that has a vga out port. I travel a lot and wish to use it as a portable dvd player to plug into tv's in motels on the road. I know likely I'd need rca plugs for this and few have s-video My question, is there some type of cable and box that converts the signal so I can simply plug it in and hook it onto the TV? Hi I know of this site in Australia http://www.dpanda.com.au/dpanda/cables.html "MarkW" <markwcoREMOVENOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message news:g70u52hrlt9r8ovmbrmhuad3vu0i8db2n8@4ax.com... > I am buying a laptop ...

Convert Mail File
I have recently migrated 200 users form another notes domain and replaced the design of their mail files with a new customized template using the LOAD CONVERT command. Designer (at 1am) reports numerous problems by referencing templates that don't exist. Upon further inspection of the mail file designs, I note that some elements have the protect flags set and some have "set to inherited from....(incorrect template) " or both. I attempted to correct one mail file manually, however I'm still getting references to non existent templates when designer runs over the a...

To convert or not to convert, that's the question
Geoff, What you are basically saying is that you will not convert your code from VO to .NET (be it in C#, VB.NET or any other .NET language). But what is the point? From an end-user perspective there is not much won if an application is written in C++, Deplhi, VO, or any other language. As long as it fullfills the needs of the end-user. So why bring your code into the .NET world? For me the reasons to go to ,NET are mostly for the sake of the developer. Going to .NET will bring me: - a well tested runtime and set of base classes. - a well tested and productive IDE with exc...

How to convert?
% set a {\004} \004 % puts $a \004 % set b "\004" % puts $b The line above is non-printable as it's Ctrl-D. If I am given a, how do I convert it to b so that it becomes Ctrl-D? /Why Tea Why Tea wrote: > % set a {\004} > \004 > % puts $a > \004 > % set b "\004" > % puts $b > > The line above is non-printable as it's Ctrl-D. > > If I am given a, how do I convert it to b so that it becomes Ctrl-D? The simplies way is to use [eval]: % eval puts $a -- Pozdrawiam! (Regards!) Googie Why Tea wrote: > % set a {\004} > \004 >...

converter
is there ny converter through which i cn convert a fortran source code into a C code. On 5 feb, 11:21, "prosenjitko...@gmail.com" <prosenjitko...@gmail.com> wrote: > is there ny converter through which i cn convert a fortran source code > into a C code. f2c is one. Regards, Arjen On Feb 5, 4:47 pm, Arjen Markus <arjen.mar...@wldelft.nl> wrote: > On 5 feb, 11:21, "prosenjitko...@gmail.com" <prosenjitko...@gmail.com> > wrote: > > > is there ny converter through which i cn convert a fortran source code > > into a C code. > &...

converting
I downloaded the recent trial version of PSP to my machine at work. We work with cad and the new plotter we have will not (for some reason) print TIFF files but it does print JPEG's so I was hoping to use PSP to convert them and if it worked then buy it. However when trying to convert the TIFF to JPEG , I got the message "Not enough memory to convert files". I'm running 512mb of ram on an 80gig hard drive on XP. I looked for a way to add more virtual memory but on XP I guess it's all automatic since I can see nothing of what used to be on win98. Are we out of luck o...

converting byte to nibble and converted nibble to bytes
hi all, Im writing a code in which the bytes,needed to be splitted in to nibbles.each nibble needs to be made as byte. for example: consider 3B as byte, on splitting this I will get 3 and B.The binary value for 3 is 0011 and B is 1011?I need to make this3 and B as byte. What exactly need to do is as folowws 3B----> byte 0011 1011----->binary value for 3B I need to expand(make it as bytes) 3 and B as follows ) 3 ->0011 as 00001111 B->1011 as 11001111. logic is all the bit position values should be filled with adjacent bits(that is for eg 1010 is the value ,it should be ma...

Converter

Converting
Hi, I was wondering, could someone tell me the best way to convert s string literal to a subtype. For example, subtype A_Type.String is Standard.String; subtype B_Type_String is A_Type.String; Now, I would like to convert a string literal to B_Type_String. BTW, the method that I'm calling requires the type B_Type_String. Last but least, I using the most recent version of gnat to do the compile. If anyone has any ideas as to the best way to resolve this issue and reducing the number of code changes, I would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance, -Conrad conradwt@runbox.com wrote:...