Merry Christmas to the Apple // community

I have some gifts.  First of all, I have v2.0 of my Apple // version of
Bejeweled.  Grab a disk image of it here:

https://github.com/jeremysrand/a2bejwld/releases/download/2.0/a2bejwld.dsk

Browse the code on github here:

https://github.com/jeremysrand/a2bejwld

Watch a video of me demonstrating v2.0 here:

https://youtu.be/yseAGBzREik

The big feature in v2.0 is Mockingboard support.  Go to options and select
sound options and you will be prompted for the slot number of your
Mockingboard and whether you have the optional speech chip.  If you have a
Mockingboard, the sound effects should be much better.  If you have the
speech chip, listen as the game tells you that you made an excellent or
incredible move.  It will speak to say “Level Complete” or “No More Moves”.

Maybe you don’t like games.  Maybe you like to write your own programs and
wish you could code something to use your Mockingboard.  Then, check out
mocklib on github:

https://github.com/jeremysrand/mocklib

This is a cc65 interface for producing sounds and speech with on a
Mockingboard and is what I used in a2bejwld.

Send comments and bug reports to me and I will take a look but perhaps
after the holiday season.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

0
Jeremy
12/24/2016 7:17:18 AM
comp.sys.apple2 11066 articles. 3 followers. antoine.vignau (1077) is leader. Post Follow

Le samedi 24 d=C3=A9cembre 2016 08:17:19 UTC+1, Jeremy Rand a =C3=A9crit=C2=
=A0:
> I have some gifts.  First of all, I have v2.0 of my Apple // version of
> Bejeweled.  Grab a disk image of it here:
>=20
> https://github.com/jeremysrand/a2bejwld/releases/download/2.0/a2bejwld.ds=
>=20
> Browse the code on github here:
>=20
> https://github.com/jeremysrand/a2bejwld
>=20
> Watch a video of me demonstrating v2.0 here:
>=20
> https://youtu.be/yseAGBzREik
>=20
> The big feature in v2.0 is Mockingboard support.  Go to options and selec=
> sound options and you will be prompted for the slot number of your
> Mockingboard and whether you have the optional speech chip.  If you have =
> Mockingboard, the sound effects should be much better.  If you have the
> speech chip, listen as the game tells you that you made an excellent or
> incredible move.  It will speak to say =E2=80=9CLevel Complete=E2=80=9D o=
r =E2=80=9CNo More Moves=E2=80=9D.
>=20
> Maybe you don=E2=80=99t like games.  Maybe you like to write your own pro=
grams and
> wish you could code something to use your Mockingboard.  Then, check out
> mocklib on github:
>=20
> https://github.com/jeremysrand/mocklib
>=20
> This is a cc65 interface for producing sounds and speech with on a
> Mockingboard and is what I used in a2bejwld.
>=20
> Send comments and bug reports to me and I will take a look but perhaps
> after the holiday season.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

thanks for the Xmas gift for all ][ community! :)
Happy Xmas!
0
Jean
12/24/2016 1:21:11 PM
Merry Christmas to you ][+  Jeremy.

Thanks for making the source available.

Can we play it with the I, J, K, M key's ?   I watched the video and quickly browsed the source tree.

The sound and speech is a very nice touch.

Nice.

73

ve3myz [James.I.Hall]
0
James
12/24/2016 6:40:26 PM
James Hall [VE3MYZ] FN25dj. 73 <james.hall.ottawa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Merry Christmas to you ][+  Jeremy.
>
> Thanks for making the source available.

You're welcome.

> Can we play it with the I, J, K, M key's ?   I watched the video and
> quickly browsed the source tree.

It does support  I, J, K and M keys along side the arrow keys.

Note that the program requires an enhanced //e or better. The graphics are
double lores so that is the minimum.  I believe I, J, K and M are often
used because the original ][ and ][+ lacked a full complement of arrow
keys. Given that the oldest HW I can support is a //e, I think I can assume
they will have the four arrow keys.

That said, after years of playing Apple Panic, it is second nature to me to
consider I, J, K and M as direction keys for a game. So my game works with
both.

> The sound and speech is a very nice touch.
>
> Nice.
>
> 73
>
> ve3myz [James.I.Hall]

0