New addition to Wade-Memoir: Astron Zone (1990)

It's been an age, but I've added another game to Wade-Memoir. It's called Astron Zone, it's a kind of Super Star Trek clone and comes from 1990:

http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/f1990/fastronzone/

Don't forget I've now got an RSS page where you can subscribe to be informed when a new page is added

http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/fblog/index.html

Today is actually the first time I've made use of it, but by golly there will be more times.

-Wade
0
bloomer_au
4/27/2014 11:53:48 AM
comp.sys.apple2 11066 articles. 4 followers. antoine.vignau (1077) is leader. Post Follow

Nice music, Wade!
av
0
Antoine
4/27/2014 5:31:24 PM
On Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:53:48 AM UTC-7, bloomer_au wrote:
> It's been an age, but I've added another game to Wade-Memoir. It's called Astron Zone, it's a kind of Super Star Trek clone and comes from 1990:
>

> http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/f1990/fastronzone/
>

> Don't forget I've now got an RSS page where you can subscribe to be informed when a new page is added
>

> http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/fblog/index.html
>

> Today is actually the first time I've made use of it, but by golly there will be more times.
>

> -Wade

Nice job!  Great use of lo-res graphics (which we don't see enough off).  Be sure to add all your games to the database:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ggfUzUZDyZJ8LPOpPBOA9AQNBBnF959OdL-2Vs_JCjw/edit?usp=sharing
0
bpicchi
4/27/2014 6:43:21 PM
Thanks guys.

Also Brian, thanks for drawing my attention to the game database. I added a=
 bunch of details to a mix of games yesterday - a lot of authors and publis=
hers and years. In future I'll try to do it logged in. Might as well ID mys=
elf when I'm known to this community. My last batch of changes are all just=
 attributed to 'Anon', I think.

-Wade
0
bloomer_au
4/29/2014 8:06:53 AM
I love the notes.

-- Daniel

0
Daniel

Zones
Hello, I have SPARC based powerfull machine, where on Solaris 10 I'm running Oracle Database 10g (without zones -> in global zone). Now I was told to install additional software from Oracle (APEX), but I really don't want to do this on the same zone (there are many security reasons). Is it a good idea to leave global zone working with Oracle like it was till now and to create an additional zone for that new software? I have Oracle on zones on my second server (development machine), but there I've: global_zone --> oracle_db_tests_zone --> another_zone Unfortunately...

New game up at Wade-Memoir
I'm up to 3 games now. Today I added 'Sam Snake: Jobseeker' from 1988. I've done the works for this one - video playthrough, in-browser emulator, plus a PDF of the comic the game was based on :) http://wadememoir.a2hq.com - Wade bloomer_au wrote: > I'm up to 3 games now. Today I added 'Sam Snake: Jobseeker' from 1988. > I've > done the works for this one - video playthrough, in-browser emulator, plus > a PDF of the comic the game was based on :) > > http://wadememoir.a2hq.com > > - Wade > Your Sam Snake on Vacatio...

New game on wade-memoir: Illuminate
Hi again. I've added an adventure game to my site that I made when I was 11-12 years old, called Illuminate. http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/f1984-1987/f ... index.html I've also added an RSS feed to the site, though what it will do is disseminate links to updates on the site, not disseminate content itself, for various reasons explained on this page: http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/fblog/index.html If the RSS feed works and does the job of keeping people updated, then I won't manually spruik my updates here as often. I can just post an occasional update roundup instead. That sai...

New New Twilight Zone
Idea for a New New Twilight Zone episode. A man answers a spam advertisement -- and it's all TRUE! That's right: either he gets 1 Million by helping a man in Nigeria, or anatomy reshapes itself in beneficial ways, or he finds love at the college dorm.... -- W '04 <:> Open Hi Bailo, a.k.a. The Joker's Wild, Re: Possible Twilight Zone episodes. How about one where programmers totally ignored the fact that their customers are running Windows. Jeff Relf wrote: > Hi Bailo, a.k.a. The Joker's Wild, > > Re: Possible Twilight Zone episodes. > > ...

New on Wade-Memoir: Questor 2: Terror of Vonrak (1989)
This game's a big one. I hope you enjoy this entry. http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/f1989/index.html http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/f1989/fquestor2/index.html -Wade On Sunday, 4 May 2014 22:43:48 UTC-6, bloomer_au wrote: > This game's a big one. I hope you enjoy this entry. > http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/f1989/index.html > http://wadememoir.a2hq.com/f1989/fquestor2/index.html > -Wade I like your memoir that you played D & D on the bus. Our game on an hour long bus ride each way, was kaiser. We became such masters at the game, we knew exactly what cards eac...

Switching old Zone members to new Zone
I've got a bunch of old, long-unsupported machines in an old zone that we don't want to maintain anymore. The old PDC for that zone has gone to that great old junkyard in the sky and been recycled for parts. We have a new zone, happy and active and running from a Microsoft PDC (much to my disgust, instead of using Samba) that I'd like to migrate those machines to. How painful is this to do with old, still active systems? In particular, the machines include NT 4.0, NT 4.0 servers, and one Win2K box. Am I going to have account ownership issues, or have other fun perm...

zones
Hello, sparc Solaris 10 3/05 + Recommended patches. We have configured three local zones and are configuring right now fourth zone. After installing and connecting to the zone console (zlogin -C ...) while configuring network: Host Name for hme0:4 Enter the host name which identifies this system on the network. The name must be unique within your domain; creating a duplicate host name will cause problems on the network after you install Solaris. A host name must be at least two characters; it can contain letters, digits, ...

Javascript new-new-new-new-newbee

new or not new
Hi, Suppose we have a class A.Why or when do you use main() { A *ptr = new A; // instead of A ptr; } Johan Johan den Boer wrote: > Hi, > > Suppose we have a class A.Why or when do you use > > main() > { > A *ptr = new A; > > // instead of > > A ptr; > } > > Johan > > Use "A ptr;" whenever possible. Allocating A dynamically (with "new") can be very slow, and usually means you must be careful to free the memory (with "delete") later in the program. The need to allocate an indiv...

*new or new?
It is better: AnyClass &reg=*new AnyClass(); reg.Function(); or: AnyClass *reg=new AnyClass(); reg->Function(); Thanks Cristiano "Cristiano" <cristiano.pi@NSquipo.it> wrote... > It is better: > AnyClass &reg=*new AnyClass(); > reg.Function(); > > or: > AnyClass *reg=new AnyClass(); > reg->Function(); For those two fragments the difference is only in the amount of storage the program uses. The latter case _allocates_ some storage for the pointer, and for the former it is unspecified because it is up to the...

New and new and always new mail
Hi, I use Eudora 7.0 (fr) and many POP e-mail accounts. I set up as many personalities as e-mail accounts. For each personalitie including <Dominant> I set all these parameters in Eudora.ini : -+-+-+-+-+-+ LeaveMailOnServer=1 LeaveOnServerDays=22 DeleteMailFromServer=1 ServerDelete=1 MarkAsDeleted=1 -+-+-+-+-+-+ 1/- Eudora ckeck for mail at start up. All new mails are in 'Inbox'. 2/- If : a/- If I check for mail manually : nothing else, but, b/- If I close Eudora and restart it, of course Eudora does a mail check... and I am notified of new mail...

Adding a new zone
My company's users found out that the .org version of our intranet site = has been bought and is pointing to some nasty website. We already own and = use the .com domain for our intranet portal. I would like to create a new = zone for the .org domain on our internal dns servers to point to the .com = domain. This way we can prevent them from going to the nasty site. I've inherited this DNS system (currently running BIND 9.2.3 on two aix = servers) and haven't had to add a new zone before. I duplicated the zone = entry in named.conf, copied the db.myalegent.com file to ...

New laptop sys
I am looking for a top of the line laptop for portability mainly. Has to have a decent keyboard and great battery life. Wireless connectivity is also a necessity. I would like to have some recommendations from people with a lot more experience than myself with these products. Is there a FAQ on this subject that is current and helpful? Thanks for your help, JOHN I am satisfied with a Toshiba M15-S405. Iam shure that other manfacturers have equally qualified offerings. Henry "John" <drmonkeyboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3cf4a3a2.0307061705.2aa786a3@posting.google.co...

New Apple2 Game.
I've converted my minigame "Garden" to the Apple 2. Here is a link to a screenshot: http://drhirudo.hit.bg/apple/Garden.png The game archive is available from: http://drhirudo.hit.bg/apple/Garden.zip The AI is a ML conversion from a BASIC algorithm, which was designed for speed, not real challenge to the player, but nevertheless it's still okay for such type of game, and it will give you a hard time. Most of the time the InGame Engine is doing Delay loops, which means that there can be added several more pursuers with different AI tactics (various pathfindings, ala Puckma...

Web resources about - New addition to Wade-Memoir: Astron Zone (1990) - comp.sys.apple2