sys.apple2 not working for me - is this gone?

Send me private mail if anyone knows...

0
Bill
8/10/2013 5:09:23 PM
comp.sys.apple2 11066 articles. 4 followers. antoine.vignau (1077) is leader. Post Follow

On Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:09:23 PM UTC-5, Bill Buckels wrote:
> Send me private mail if anyone knows...

I still got access. gmail me at retrogear510 if you need password.

Larry
0
retrogear
8/10/2013 9:18:36 PM
Hi!

On Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:09:23 PM UTC-4, Bill Buckels wrote:
> Send me private mail if anyone knows...

    Somebody changed the '2' at the end of the previous password to 'ii'.

    Time to copy the files to a Dropbox or Google Drive account?  Especially considering that the person who started the GMail account has passed on.

Willi

0
A2CPM

What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for?
Had a good Christmas this weekend? I came across diskettes with "Mailmerge 3.0 and Calcstar version 1.45 for CP/M 8080", that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine. Besides a Mailmerge overlay and the Calcstar files, some CP/M and some CP/M-86 files, there are three files on the diskettes that I never have heard of before: Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS. There are no ASCII texts in PRMTVPVT.SYS. The only ASCII text in Z80.SYS (at the end of the file) is "EI SPHLDI XCHGPCHLXTHLRET HLT CMC STC CMA DAA RAR RAL RRC RLC NOP CPI ORI XRI ANI SBI IN SUI OUT ACI ADI CALLJMP LDA...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr?
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/2014 7:51 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: in 4 different threads > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > fileno() in not supported. Is it only in 3.1? What is the workaround? > io.UnsupportedOperation: fileno > How to give a file descriptor number to this function? How to get a file descriptor number? Satish, you are acting like the variety of troll called a Help Vampire. One of the symptoms is hogging the newsgroup by starting multiple threads a da...

How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? #2
How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? On 11/13/14 7:54 PM, satishmlmlml@gmail.com wrote: > How to get file descriptors of sys.stdin, sys.stdout and sys.stderr? > You don't seem to be reading any of the responses you are getting. At the very least, you don't seem to be understanding them, or engaging with the authors. You are misbehaving on this list. Everyone else: I recommend that people stop responding. Satish seems unlikely to improve. -- Ned Batchelder, http://nedbatchelder.com ...

sys
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

SYSMAN: No SYS$SCRATCH/SYS$LOGIN ?
$ mc sysman SYSMAN> set env/node=velo %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: Individual nodes: VELO Username JFMEZEI will be used on nonlocal nodes SYSMAN> do show log sys$scratch %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node VELO %SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name SYS$SCRATCH SYSMAN> There is also no SYS$LOGIN defined. (VAX 7,3 and Alpha 8.3) What is the reason behind the lack of those logicals ? JF Mezei wrote: > $ mc sysman > SYSMAN> set env/node=velo > %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: > Individual nodes:...

Win98 IO.SYS / JO.SYS
Does anyone happen to know how many sectors or clusters are loaded of IO.SYS (or JO.SYS, if it's different), under Win98? is there a limit to the number of clusters that get loaded? or is the whole chain loaded? i know that execution begins at 0070:0200... (as opposed to MSDOS v6.22, starting IO.SYS execution at 0070:0000) ...i'm just trying to figure out how much code i can pack into JO.SYS before i have to start loading something else off of the disk... i don't want to have to worry about the disk for the time being... thanks in advance Bx.C Bx. C wrote: > Does anyone ha...

sys.stderr.write and sys.exit
Is the same use _sys.stderr.write('error message'); sys.exit(1)_ than _sys.exit('error message')_ ? Note: help(sys.exit) If the status is omitted or None, it defaults to zero (i.e., success). If the status is numeric, it will be used as the system exit status. If it is another kind of object, it will be printed and the system exit status will be one (i.e., failure). "GinTon" <jonas.esp@googlemail.com> writes: > Is the same use _sys.stderr.write('error message'); sys.exit(1)_ > than _sys.exit('error message')_ ? (Note: The underscore &...

FYI Sys Shock and Sys Shock2
Up in a.b.games now "Legion" <Legion@Invalid.com> wrote in message news:juphu55oonf2bfc4r2h1gnr9nb41eab1aa@4ax.com... > Up in a.b.games now If I want to play them again, I'm more than capable of buying them again. Thanks. On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:37:18 +0100, "CJM" <cjmuk2008@gmail.removethis.com> wrote: >"Legion" <Legion@Invalid.com> wrote in message >news:juphu55oonf2bfc4r2h1gnr9nb41eab1aa@4ax.com... >> Up in a.b.games now > >If I want to play them again, I'm more than capable of buying them ag...

com.sys & vcom.sys
It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com drivers. After installation I removed the entries from config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's the cure? :-) Wayne -- While the e-mail address in this post is genuine it is only used as a spamtrap. Any mail sent to me at this address will be considered to be spam and deleted without being read. Wayne wrote: > It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I > did it yesterday I...

com.sys and usbser.sys question
I got a question, for those knowing more about that matter than myself, which shouldn't be hard ;-) Temporarily having 2 phone lines at my disposal, I wanted to put my old modem back to use as a phone number dialer, using the BonusPack PIM Phonebook application. But I had quite some trouble to get my COM1 port to work at all with any comm application. It finally turned out, that COM.SYS has to be loaded before USBSER.SYS, since otherwise USBSER.SYS is hijacking COM1 unnoticed. Now, in the order shown below, it assigns itself to COM6 (if not remed out), but COM1 still d...

sys.stdout vs. sys.stderr
In Python 3.1 is there any difference in the buffering behavior of the initial sys.stdout and sys.stderr streams? They are both line_buffered and stdout doesn't seem to use a larger-grain buffering, so they seem to be identical with respect to buffering. Were they different at some earlier point in Python's evolution? > In Python 3.1 is there any difference in the buffering behavior of the > initial sys.stdout and sys.stderr streams? No. > Were they different at some earlier point in Python's evolution? That depends on the operating system. These us...

question about sys.exc_type and sys.exc_value
Here is an exercise from Learning Python that I wrote myself: import sys import traceback class MyError: pass def oops(): raise MyError() def safe(func, *args): try: apply(func, args) except: traceback.print_exc() print 'Got', sys.exc_type, sys.exc_value safe(oops) And here is the output: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Python24/oops.py", line 11, in safe apply(func, args) File "C:/Python24/oops.py", line 7, in oops raise MyError() MyError: <__main__.MyError instance at 0x00B475A8> Go...

SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
Basically, the idea is that stuff specific to a given node will be in its SYS$SPECIFIC directory and stuff common to all nodes (satellites or not) booting from the same system disk will be in SYS$COMMON. A good idea as far as it goes, but does it go far enough? In particular, there are two additional categories, which I'll give the obvious names SYS$CLUSTER and SYS$WORLD. SYS$CLUSTER would include stuff common to all nodes in a cluster, i.e. would differ from SYS$COMMON if there is more than one system disk in the cluster. The obvious place for this stuff is somewhere which is not ...

freedos and config.sys vs fdconfig.sys
Hi, I am trying to bring freedos up on a pc104 with only compact flash as a "disk" drive. Most of the install stuff uses fixed literal names for drive letters etc. Through lots of pain I now have a bootable CF with freedos files and it runs. I keep having a problem where freedos does not load config.sys during boot. If I format the CF with msdos, and then run the freedos "sys c: /BOOTONLY" I can make the CF bootable with freedos. At this point it somehow detects that there is another OS, so it always loads fdconfig.sys. Things seem to work ok in normal mode lik...

Re: SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
> >What are some real-world examples of stuff which is common to all nodes > >which boot from a common system disk, but not common to all nodes in a > >cluster, even in a share-as-much-as-possible cluster? > > One use of a cluster is testing new system SW. You can make a copy of your > main system disk and upgrade the software there (say, a VMS patch). Then > boot one system using that disk and see how it works, while the rest of the > cluster does your production work using the old system without the upgrade. > In that case, any files affected by the ...

problem with reload(sys) (doing reload on the sys module)
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information. **************************************************************** Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback interface. This connection is not visible on any external interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet. **************************************************************** IDLE 1.1.2 >&g...

sys.stdout / sys.stderr, subprocess, redirection
Hello, I have a piece of code that gets run in a script that has its stdout closed: import sys sys.stdout = sys.stderr c = subprocess.Popen (..., stdin = subprocess.PIPE, stdout = subprocess.PIPE, stderr = subprocess.STDOUT) and this is what I get: Sending SVNR/permissions Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow): svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output: Traceback (most recent call last): (...) File ".../__init__.py", line 40, in run stderr...

Apple2e
Hi all I have an old Apple 2e that is, I believe in good working order. It has two floppy drives, monitor, printer. Of course, the hard drive. Where can I sell them and how much can I ask for it? Thanks, C. C wrote: >Hi all >I have an old Apple 2e that is, I believe in good working order. It has >two floppy drives, monitor, printer. Of course, the hard drive. Where >can I sell them and how much can I ask for it? > >Thanks, >C. > > > Short answer: eBay, for US$10 - $100+ Long answer: Lots of variables apply. The rarity and condition of the components has a big impact on price and saleability. - Where are you? Old Apple gear fetches higher prices in markets where it is not so easy to find (eg outside North America). If you are willing to ship internationally, you will have a lot more potential buyers. The cost of shipping will be in the forefront of potential buyers' minds. If you only want local pickup, your pool of buyers shrinks greatly. - what interface cards are inside? This can be the biggest price factor. 64K cards and disk drive controllers are a dime a dozen, but a rarity like a ZipChip, RocketChip, Transwarp, Ramworks II or III with daughter board, RAMFast or Apple SCSI card, can add a LOT to the price! (up to $100's) - What is the condition of the equipment? If it is worn & filthy with heavy yellowing, it will be very hard to sell. A unit in perfect condition wil...

Re: SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough? #2
> How weird - we did this as a different excercise to do upgrades off > line on the read only stuff, and swap it back in quickly. We also have > a third party product root to keep our own/third party stuff out of > SYS$SYSDEVICE:[VMS$COMMON...] tree, like a "/usr/local...". > > H sh lo sys$sysroot > "SYS$SYSROOT" = "$9$DKA0:[SYS0.]" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE) > = "SYS$COMMON:" > 1 "SYS$COMMON" = "CLU$COMMON:" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE) > = "VMS$COMMON:" > = "OUR$COMMON:&...

Where i can find ASPIDISK.SYS und ASPIUSB.SYS
Hello all. I want to use my new generic USB-stick(FAT16/2GB) as a drive with DOS7. But all test with the following drivers fails: dosusb.zip http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/ device=Usbdisk.sys device=Di1000dd.sys ....also with... Dosusb.com Usbview.exe With Usbview.exe i can get some data from the stick, like the serial number and other parameters, but there is no way for a file access, because Usbdisk.sys display namely a drive letter, but a switching to that device only results: ....wrong device, abort, retry, ignore.... --------------------------- Also thes...

[9fans] hg mirror of /sys/src and /sys/include
Hi, I started mirroring /sys/src and /sys/include into an hg repository regularly, usually daily. The tree is available at http://code.google.com/p/plan9os. hg clone https://plan9os.googlecode.org/hg/ plan9 should do the trick to clone a copy. Hopefully this will be useful, -- vs ...

DADCONF.NET.SYS is created by JCONFJOB.NET.SYS
Never mind the question about DADCONF.NET.SYS. I found the following: http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/mpeix/onlinedocs/30 216-90325/30216-90325_top.html&con=/mpeix/onlinedocs/30216-90325/00/00/6 8-con.html&toc=/mpeix/onlinedocs/30216-90325/00/00/68-toc.html&searchter ms=dadconf.net.sys&queryid=20041022-080827 For the network to work correctly, stream JCONFJOB. :STREAM JCONFJOB.NET.SYS The JCONFJOB.NET.SYS stream is required for all systems. It includes information files that describe the supported set of servers and services. These information fi...

Web resources about - sys.apple2 not working for me - is this gone? - comp.sys.apple2

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Working class (or lower class , labouring class, sometimes proletariat ) is a term used in the social sciences and in ordinary conversation to ...

Is Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin's 'Conscious Uncoupling' Working?
Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin filed for divorce in 2014. But, is their "conscious uncoupling" actually working? Plus, Justin Timberlake shares ...

This Chinese Brand Partnered With Aston Martin and Is Working on a Matt Damon Movie
Articles about Letv sometimes referred to it as "China's Netflix." But since the Chinese company supersized its ambitions, it's gotten much trickier ...

Throwing money at Europe's stalled economies just isn't working
ECB president Mario Draghi's "whatever it takes" spell to save the euro appears to have fizzled.

Why Aren't More Americans Working?
Good question. The answer that I keep gravitating to is that despite the 4.9 percent unemployment rate, the job market is still pretty weak, ...

Hyundai working on some sort of secret, single-seat EV
Filed under: Green , Hyundai , Transportation Alternatives , Electric Hyundai is working on more than the Ioniq triplets for its future mobility ...

Why Aren't More Americans Working?
Let's dive into the employment-to-population ratio.

Adam Savage reveals why he and 'Mythbusters' co-host Jamie Hyneman won't be working together anymore
Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman spent 14 seasons as co-hosts of Discovery Channel's wildly popular "MythBusters." But it turns out that their on-screen ...

What seniors need to know about working in retirement
The fastest-growing age group of workers is 65 and older

Report: Bears working to trade Martellus Bennett - Chicago Tribune
Martellus Bennett is under contract with the Bears . General manager Ryan Pace and coach John Fox reiterated as much Feb. 24 at the NFL combine ...