XEGS floppy drive??

I am looking for a floppy drive for my Atari XEGS.

I would like to find one that matched the "style" of the XEGS but any model
that worked would be fine.

So, if you have any model numbers so I can look on eBay or maybe a place
that still sells them, please let me know.

email:    cbmeeks     AT     gmail      DOT      com

Thanks!~

0
cbmeeks
10/22/2004 2:13:55 PM
comp.sys.atari.8bit 3450 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"cbmeeks" <cbm    at     s i g n a l d e v      d o t   k o m> wrote in message news:<10ni5mba8n5ou22@corp.supernews.com>...
> I am looking for a floppy drive for my Atari XEGS.
>
> I would like to find one that matched the "style" of the XEGS but any model
> that worked would be fine.
>
> So, if you have any model numbers so I can look on eBay or maybe a place
> that still sells them, please let me know.
>
> email:    cbmeeks     AT     gmail      DOT      com
>
> Thanks!~

3 Models to be aware of: the 810 SS,SD, the 1050 SS,SD,ED(1050)
Density and the
XF551 DS,DD, this would match your XEGS, other drives that pup up on
ebay from
time to time are: Indus GT SS,DD,ED great looking black case, RANA,
TRACK, PERCOM... My recomendation go for the XF551,this drive does not
writes side b
of a floppy even if it is notched but you can trade disks with a PC
using Util
and a 5.25 drive. If you don't care about trading with pc go for a
1050 with
Happy or buy the plain 1050 and get the Happy latter.
0
monjarojas
10/23/2004 4:36:42 PM
"cbmeeks" <cbm at s i g n a l d e v d o t k o m> wrote in message
> I am looking for a floppy drive for my Atari XEGS.
>
> I would like to find one that matched the "style" of the XEGS but any
model
> that worked would be fine.

XF551 360K drive, matches the XE style.

Tim

0
Tim

FA: Atari XF551 floppy drive for Atari 400 800 XL XE
for Atari 8-bit computers http://xrl.us/AtariXF551 ...

Atari floppy drive cable
Hello all, I acquired an Atari 1050 but not the cable to connect it with my Atary 800XL. Could someone kindly advise me what would be the best way to construct such a cable? Many thanks mario "mario" <gianmarioRE.scottiMO@nokiaVE.com> wrote in message news:2Z%1e.41486$k4.811404@news1.nokia.com... : Hello all, : : : I acquired an Atari 1050 but not the cable to connect it with my Atary : 800XL. : Could someone kindly advise me what would be the best way to construct such : a cable? I bought 3 SIO cables from, I thought Sunmark, but I can't find them on their site right now. Maybe AtariAge. Just can't seem to find any listed on their sites right now. I'll keep looking on and off. Apple II Forever, Apple II Together Bill @ GarberStreet Enterprizez --------------------------------------------- Web Site - http://garberstreet.netfirms.com HOME OF THE RAM-4-GS --------------------------------------------- Email - willy46pa@comcast.net --------------------------------------------- File Server - http://68.34.184.147/ Username - GarberStreet Password - all --------------------------------------------- "Bill Garber" <willy46pa@comcast.net> wrote in message news:XNGdnT_Qm5e7PNXfRVn-gg@comcast.com... : : "mario" <gianmarioRE.scottiMO@nokiaVE.com> wrote in message : news:2Z%1e.41486$k4.811404@news1.nokia.com... : : Hello all, : : : : : : I acquired an Atari...

MAC SE Floppy Drive 1.4 meg Floppy Drive (old)
I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you, Bill Bill Bagot <wbagot1@san.rr.com> wrote: > I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only > had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of > my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives > use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? ...

Floppy disks and floppy drives.
Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hundreds of floppy disks (which I'm currently processing). Was curious to know if they still had a place in this day 'n' age of micro storage cards and dvd+rws. Would love to know if I could do anything with them apart from stripping the drives for their motors. TR Trail Rat wrote: > >Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to >be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hund...

Atari 1040ST and internal Floppy drive grounding problem?
I am trying to resurect this Atari 1040ST I have. It worked but the video was really bad on a cold boot. Screen flipped and was unusable for about 10 minutes, then as it warmed up it got better but still was a bad video signal. I tried to get it working by reseating all chips etc and no go. I swapped all socketted chips and no go. I though, well I will just get another cheap system board! I did and both exibited a similar problem. On disk loading, each track load, or click from drive, would flip or jump the screen, but it was clear and crisp unlike original board. Also as...

Free in the UK: Atari ST and two floppy drives
Hello. I have an Atari ST (as in ST, not STF, STFM or STe) and two Atari SF354 floppy disk drives in the UK. The trouble is, I don't have have any power supplies, connecting cables or mouse to go with them. They're a little grubby too, but will clean up easily enough. They're surplus to requirements, as I have an STe set-up as well. Was wondering whether to put them up on eBay, but the lack of cabling does rather limit their usefulness to people and a search of completed auctions suggest it's more trouble than it's worth. So...anyone interested? Pay for posta...

wtb: ds/dd floppy drive for my atari st
I'd like to buy a working, double-sided double density disk drive for my atari ST. If you have one for sale, let me know in this newsgroup, or send me an email. Thanks, beta_zero@spiritone.com ...

Atari USB Update -- Support for USB Floppy Drives
Hello, the USB Team, Thomas, Florian, Carsten (Harry was unavailable), worked this weekend (friday to sunday) in Carstens basment to create new USB Hard- and Software for the 8bit Atari. We have new Pictures online at: http://www.strotmann.de/twiki/bin/view/Microusb/ProjUSBConvFourPic What is new: * a new Hex2Bin Converter (internal Tool) * a new Version of the USBTEST Tool * Support for USB (UFI) Floppies (DOS Driver hopefully available in End-September) More news can be found in the upcoming ABBUC Magazin (look for Hardware Contest) The new USBTOOL Version 0.5 will be available on Wednesday, 08/24/05, on the SourceForge Project Pages (microusb.sf.net). If you have access to an USB Floppy, an UFI/USB ZIP-Drive or any other Device compatible with the UFI/CBI Standard, please test with the new USBTEST and give us feedback. Greetings the MicroUSB Team On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:12:24 +0200, Carsten Strotmann wrote: > > The new USBTOOL Version 0.5 will be available on Wednesday, 08/24/05, on > the SourceForge Project Pages (microusb.sf.net). > The mew USBTEST Disk with Floppy Support is now available on SourceForge, including the new Forth Sourcecode https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=111428&package_id=137480 Has anyone (other than the USB team) tried this? I'd like to compare notes with any other USB users. I have the cart, USB floppy, and USB ZIP drive. -Larr...

Atari MEGA STE floppy drive power cable
Hi everyone. I posted this question to this newsgroup 6 months ago and didn't get a good response, and then I forgot about the Atari for awhile, but now I'm getting back into it -- just got a synthesizer again and would like to read my songs off my floppies. So I'd appreciate some help from a fellow MEGA STE owner. I disconnected the floppy drive's power cable, without realizing that it would physically reconnect to the drive in either orientation. Now I want to plug it back in but don't want to fry the drive by plugging it in wrong. So the question is: whi...

FS: Floppy Cleaners For Amiga, Atari ST, 1541 and 1581 Disk Drives
For sale, a pair of Kits to make your old Disk Drives perform well. Compatible with Commodore Amiga, IBM PC Dos, Apple II, 1541, 1541, 1571 and 1581. 5,25" Floppy Disk Cleaner (Incl. Head-Cleaning Solution): http://snipurl.com/20x1oqr 3,5" Floppy Disk Cleaner (Factory Sealed): http://snipurl.com/20x1oz1 Cheers, Oge ...

FS: Floppy Cleaners For Amiga, Atari ST, 1541 and 1581 Disk Drives
For sale, a pair of Kits to make your old Disk Drives perform well. Compatible with Commodore Amiga, IBM PC Dos, Apple II, 1541, 1541, 1571 and 1581. 5,25" Floppy Disk Cleaner (Incl. Head-Cleaning Solution): http://snipurl.com/20x1oqr 3,5" Floppy Disk Cleaner (Factory Sealed): http://snipurl.com/20x1oz1 Cheers, Oge 5,25" Floppy Disk Cleaner still available: http://tinyurl.com/7a82zay Cheers, Oge ...

Formatting a hard drive with no floppy drive ??
Hi There Just wondered if anyone can tell me if there is any other way of formatting an un-partitioned drive on my Compaq laptop without the use of a floppy drive. The machine I have does not have a floppy fitted as standard, any I want to be able to load a different operating system on. I know that XP will just go over the top and boot from CD, but I could do with any tips on formatting the drive anyway. Thanx in advance. Mark Mark Porter wrote: > Hi There > Just wondered if anyone can tell me if there is any other way of formatting > an un-partitioned drive on my Compaq lapto...

Reading non Atari Hard Drives on Ataris
Got a question about hard drives. If I had a hard drive that came from a Windoze machine or other computer using a differnet OS other than Atari OS's. Is there any way possible to read any data on the drives before partitioning them on a Falcon? I have various PC hardware cards such as FalconSpeed and a Vortex 386 board in my MegaSTe. Although I know the partition limits are smaller using these. Anyone tried to do this? phantomm@bellsouth.net Phantom wrote: > Is there any way possible to read any data on the drives before > partitioning them o...

Removable CD drive / floppy drive not recognised
This is on a Panasonic toughbook CF29. When you insert the removable CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000. Any ideas what would be the first thing to check? On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:20:28 -0700, "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <BertieBigBollox@gmail.com> wrote: >This is on a Panasonic toughbook CF29. When you insert the removable >CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000. > >Any ideas what would be the first thing to check? Are you saying that neither CD nor floppy drive are recognised? Insert a bootable CD/Floppy and see if you can b...

Atari SF354 drives and Atari ST (not FM)
Hi. I've come into possession of two SF354 drives and an original Atari ST. Trouble is, there are no power cables or connecting cables for any of it. Are these easy and cheap to get hold of (in the UK)? The whole lot is likely to be eBay'd off anyway because I have an STe with hard drive, but it will probably be easy to do so if I have the right leads to go with it. Cheers, Ian ...

Floppy imaging program for Atari ST floppies
Version 0.7 with ST, MSA imaging, file extraction is ready: http://www.ppest.org/atari/floimgd.php Onlyone which can do it in Win XP... <ppera@verat.net> wrote in message news:1156945449.128794.262010@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Version 0.7 with ST, MSA imaging, file extraction is ready: > > http://www.ppest.org/atari/floimgd.php > > Onlyone which can do it in Win XP... > The instructions on the website state that fdrawcmd has to be installed first which is fine on the PC at work as it has in internal floppy driver, however when if I try...

Floppy Drive
I have a digital board that is connected to a 5 1/4" floopy drive through a cable. But I like to replace the 5 1/4" drive by a 3 1/2" floopy drive or other new storage devices. Is there any interface devices that can bridge the 5 1/4" drive and other storage devices? On Apr 15, 12:07=A0pm, sofin <ken.so...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a digital board that is connected to a 5 1/4" floopy drive > through a cable. > But I like to replace the 5 1/4" drive by a 3 1/2" floopy drive or > other new storage > devices. Is there any inter...

Floppy drives
I have a couple of power pcs that, when I upgraded to os8.5, downgraded their floppy drives to 800k drives...does anyone have any experience with this...thanks....bj ...

Floppy Drive
Is there a way to detect if a disk has been put in the floppy drive? Thank You! Sandy Try to read the floppy and trap the error that gets returned. If there is no disk in the drive you will get Error 71 Disk not ready. -- Wayne Morgan MS Access MVP "Sandy" <smillin@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:v8cOb.12052$i4.8934@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Is there a way to detect if a disk has been put in the floppy drive? > > Thank You! > > Sandy > > ...

floppy drive
Hello, I have old system with os9 v2.2 based on 68020 (eurocom 5, and other). I would like to connect new floppy 3.5" to OMTI 5400 (replace 5,25"). How to configure system (device descriptor) and format disk? How to make bootable floopy based on os9 v3.0 68k pc-host version only? And how to transmit files to host from pc after booting? Anybody has any device descriptors or other software for eltec eurocom e27? Thank's DarJan djanisz@et.put.poznan.pl wrote: > Hello, > > I have old system with os9 v2.2 based on 68020 (eurocom 5, and other). >...

drive to drive
if you plan to be your own manual raid, drive to drive copy, then is there any advantage to pairing drive manufacturer & model? webwalker@68z28.com wrote: > if you plan to be your own manual raid, drive to drive copy, then is > there any advantage to pairing drive manufacturer & model? No. However there is the usual disadvantage, namely a higher probability of simultaneous failure. Arno -- Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@wagner.name GnuPG: ID: 1E25338F FP: 0C30 5782 9D93 F785 E79C 0296 797F 6B50 1E25 338F ---- Cuddly UI...

floppy drive
I have removed a floppy drive from one computer and installed it onto another. If I have connected it up correctly how do I get drive (a) to appear as one of the drive letters in My Computer. I don't recall having software for the floppy drive installation. Any advice is most welcome. Pat Pat <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:439ee2b4$0$63087$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net... >I have removed a floppy drive from one computer and installed it onto another. >If I have connected it up correctly how do I get drive (a) to appear as one...

floppy drive
I have just acquired a new machine that was running win2k...I tried it out and all was working including reading and writing a floppy... I reformatted the drive and installed Linux but I now find the floppy will not format or mount.....The drive light comes on but the drive does not spin and I get no error message...I have tried both the command line and kformat to format the drive and get the failure in both ext2 and dos.... The drive is not very old possibly a year..Any tips appreciated -- Regards Ted Wager Using Libranet Linux On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:52:07 +0000, trufflesdad ...

Drive A Not Drive A??
Hi I just got an old IDE zip 100 drive. On the back, it's label for the jumpers is split into 2 boxes, labelled "Not Drive A" and "Drive A". Each box shows three different jumper settings for how to set the drive to slave/master/cable. So in other words, there's six jumper settings on the back. Three for "Drive A" - master/slave/cable and three for "Not Drive A" - master/slave/cable which are different. What does "Drive A" or "Not Drive A" mean? I don't know which jumper settings diagram is right... In arti...

Web resources about - XEGS floppy drive?? - comp.sys.atari.8bit

Samsung Put Me in an Absurd Hell Chamber of Virtual Reality Headsets
Today was weird. Samsung’s events are not something that usually fall under the definition of normal, but today was particularly crazy. See, ...

Boris Johnson backs Out campaign in UK referendum
London mayor deals blow to David Cameron's campaign to keep Britain in EU.

US and Russia Near Deal on Partial Truce in Syria, Kerry Says
NDTV US and Russia Near Deal on Partial Truce in Syria, Kerry Says New York Times JERUSALEM — Secretary of State John Kerry announced Sunday ...

Fiji residents begin cleanup after ferocious cyclone kills at least 1
KHON2 Fiji residents begin cleanup after ferocious cyclone kills at least 1 KHON2 A tree lays across a road and power lines in Lami, Fiji, ...

Common software would have unlocked San Bernardino shooter's iPhone
CBS News Common software would have unlocked San Bernardino shooter's iPhone CBS News WASHINGTON The county government that owned the iPhone ...

‘Deadpool’ Nears $500 Million at Worldwide Box Office
“Deadpool” is a certified global phenomenon. The violent comic-book movie isn’t getting lost in translation, topping the foreign box office for ...

Asylum seeker row: Baby Asha can stay in Australia, for now
The one year old baby at the centre of a furore over asylum seeker rights, will be released from hospital into community detention in Australia. ...

Australia v New Zealand Test series: Steve Smith in 'shock' after head knock, recovers to make century ...
Steve Smith was said to be in "shock" after being struck on the back of the helmet by a frightful bouncer from Neil Wagner that had the New Zealand ...

Black Miami police officers protest Beyoncé boycott
When it come's to boycotting Beyoncé's concert in April, two organizations that represent City of Miami police officers were in disagreement. ...

Crowd cheer fire at hotel being converted into refugee shelter in Saxony
Suspected arson comes three days after protesters blocked bus carrying asylum seekers in east German state