Clicking Floppy Drive

All my ST class machines keep an active floppy drive when booting from
the hard drive...an endless click till a floppy is shoved in its
clicking jaws.

Is there per chance an auto folder utility that'll put drive A: to
sleep till it's needed?  Know where I might find it if does happen to
exist?

Thanks,
Brian

0
Brian
2/13/2005 12:16:54 AM
comp.sys.atari.st 6023 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:53:09 -0800, Tim wrote:

> Sounds like the Amiga problem.  I don't have that problem with my ST
> machines.  I know on my Mega 2 and 4 the lights stays on until I insert a
> floppy.
>
> Tim

Actually, that was a design feature on the Amiga - it was supposed to
constantly poll the drive, AFAIK.
0
Ronald
2/13/2005 12:11:26 AM
"Brian J. Roland" <bjr@localink4.com> wrote in message
> All my ST class machines keep an active floppy drive when booting from
> the hard drive...an endless click till a floppy is shoved in its
> clicking jaws.
>
> Is there per chance an auto folder utility that'll put drive A: to
> sleep till it's needed?  Know where I might find it if does happen to
> exist?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Sounds like the Amiga problem.  I don't have that problem with my ST
machines.  I know on my Mega 2 and 4 the lights stays on until I insert a
floppy.

Tim

0
Tim
2/13/2005 12:53:09 AM
in article 110t97kbusf6td6@corp.supernews.com, Tim wrote on 2/12/2005 7:53
PM:

> "Brian J. Roland" <bjr@localink4.com> wrote in message
>> All my ST class machines keep an active floppy drive when booting from
>> the hard drive...an endless click till a floppy is shoved in its
>> clicking jaws.
>>
>> Is there per chance an auto folder utility that'll put drive A: to
>> sleep till it's needed?  Know where I might find it if does happen to
>> exist?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>>

> Sounds like the Amiga problem.  I don't have that problem with my ST
> machines.  I know on my Mega 2 and 4 the lights stays on until I insert a
> floppy.

I'm with Tim.  Owned nearly every model of ST and never seen that.
Only the LED flickers faintly.  If it's clicking thus that you can hear it,
I'd suggest replacing the drive.  Sounds like it's gone south.

--
FreeMiNT    http://sparemint.atariforge.net/sparemint/ [Free your mind...]
Team Atari  http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_21046.html

0
GfA
2/13/2005 2:50:55 AM
GfA <lp@mint.org> writes:

>in article 110t97kbusf6td6@corp.supernews.com, Tim wrote on 2/12/2005 7:53
>PM:

>> "Brian J. Roland" <bjr@localink4.com> wrote in message
>>> All my ST class machines keep an active floppy drive when booting from
>>> the hard drive...an endless click till a floppy is shoved in its
>>> clicking jaws.
>>>
>>> Is there per chance an auto folder utility that'll put drive A: to
>>> sleep till it's needed?  Know where I might find it if does happen to
>>> exist?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brian
>>>

>> Sounds like the Amiga problem.  I don't have that problem with my ST
>> machines.  I know on my Mega 2 and 4 the lights stays on until I insert a
>> floppy.

>I'm with Tim.  Owned nearly every model of ST and never seen that.
>Only the LED flickers faintly.  If it's clicking thus that you can hear it,
>I'd suggest replacing the drive.  Sounds like it's gone south.

Don't think so. Depending on the TOS version, is perfectly normal when
booting without a disk. TOS 1.0 does step the head a few times before
giving up. Not sure abot TOS 1.2, laters ones are more aware of
"floppyless" boots.

However the "clicking" should stop when booting is completed (either with
or without hard disk). With older TOS versions the led might stay on until
inserting a disk and it takes a very long time to finally boot.
If the clicking continues after the desktop shows up (not just the led
stays on), then something is wrong.

0
Jorge
2/13/2005 3:59:30 AM
H Brian,

> All my ST class machines keep an active floppy drive when booting from
> the hard drive...

I remember this problem from my old Ataris. Old TOS versions dont switch
the floppy drive off, if they boot from harddisk. I dont know which TOS
solves that problem. I think, ist was not present in my TOS 1.04.

> an endless click till a floppy is shoved in its clicking jaws.

As far as i remember, it was not a click. The engine of the drive tries to
rotate forever.

> Is there per chance an auto folder utility that'll put drive A: to
> sleep till it's needed?  Know where I might find it if does happen to
> exist?

Many years ago i wrote i auto folder utility for my personal use to solve
this problem. If you like to give my program a chance, i can put it on my
download page.

Regards
Michael
0
Michael
2/13/2005 5:48:43 PM
"Ronald J. Hall" <dark_lord@charter.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:53:09 -0800, Tim wrote:
>
> > Sounds like the Amiga problem.  I don't have that problem with my ST
> > machines.  I know on my Mega 2 and 4 the lights stays on until I insert
> > floppy.
> >
> > Tim
>
> Actually, that was a design feature on the Amiga - it was supposed to
> constantly poll the drive, AFAIK.

Yes you are right, I didn't mean it was a "problem" but more of an anoyance.
There were patches that lessened the clicking or turned it off without
affecting the drive polling.

Tim

0
Tim
2/13/2005 8:48:27 PM
Yes Michael, I'd much like to try this utility.
Thanks!

My Mega 4 has a Wizztronics TOS 2.06 compatibility plus board, and an
XTRA RAM 8 board.  The drive light does stay on if booted with an empty
floppy drive.

My STacy 4 has TOS 1.4 on a 2 chip set.  It behaves the same way.

It seems to me the drive does continue to spin..tho' I might be
wrong...I haven't gotten 'that close' to the thing to be sure.

STacy:  The less drain on the aging powersupply the better.  It also
has a hard drive in it that's pretty power hungry and runs pretty
hot...keeping a floppy in the drive for very long is sure to see it get
cooked before its time.

Mega:  Again, the power suppy is aging.  The XTRA RAM also demands
quite a few more milliamps than intended from the stock power
supply....so the less useless drian of power, I feel the better.

Thanks,
Brian

0
Brian
2/16/2005 9:01:16 PM
Indeed...
My Amiga 2000 did this till I managed to install some kind of utility
that kept it shut down till a disk was actually put into the drive.

Brian

0
Brian
2/16/2005 9:08:00 PM
"Brian J. Roland" <bjr@localink4.com> writes:

>It seems to me the drive does continue to spin..tho' I might be
>wrong...I haven't gotten 'that close' to the thing to be sure.

Yes, the motor keeps spinning. That's perfectly normal. Actually, that's
the reason that the led stays on. TOS waits until motor is off before
deselecting the drive (deselecting the drive will turn off the led).

Motor off is handled automatically by the FDC. The FDC turns the motor off
signal after being idle for 9 revolutions. But without a disk, the drive
will not produce index pulse signals, the FDC will never detect any
revolutions, and will keep motor on all the time. If motor stays on, then
TOS doesn't deselect the drive and the led stays on.

Whatever utility you get to turn off the led, it should do that only
indirectly. If it just deselects the drive then the motor will still keep
spinning. So the fix is to reset the FDC and NOT to deselect the drive.
Once the FDC turns off the motor TOS will deselect the drive and turn off
the led.

0
Jorge
2/17/2005 12:02:56 AM
Hi Brian,

> Yes Michael, I'd much like to try this utility.

I have put it on my homepage:

http://www.mbernstein.de

It is a german homepage, but you should find it without german knowledge:

Go to the download page (link is in row with disk symbol)
Then go to Atari ST
Then download flpdesel.lzh

Put it into the auto folder. The soure code is also included. It depends on
a very good german book about drives on Atari ST computers: Scheibenkleister

Regads
Michael

0
Michael

> Whatever utility you get to turn off the led, it should do that only
> indirectly. If it just deselects the drive then the motor will still keep
> spinning. So the fix is to reset the FDC and NOT to deselect the drive.
> Once the FDC turns off the motor TOS will deselect the drive and turn off
> the led.

No. My tool deselects the drive and as a result the motor stops. And i had
never problems with my tool.

Regards
Michael

0
Michael

Free in the UK: Atari ST and two floppy drives
Hello. I have an Atari ST (as in ST, not STF, STFM or STe) and two Atari SF354 floppy disk drives in the UK. The trouble is, I don't have have any power supplies, connecting cables or mouse to go with them. They're a little grubby too, but will clean up easily enough. They're surplus to requirements, as I have an STe set-up as well. Was wondering whether to put them up on eBay, but the lack of cabling does rather limit their usefulness to people and a search of completed auctions suggest it's more trouble than it's worth. So...anyone interested? Pay for postage only, which I suspect would be �10/�13 or so. Just trying to avoid junking them really - I have an inherent dislike of junking working hardware, no matter what it is. Please let me know by Thursday 27th Jan, as they'll be heading binwards on Friday 28th otherwise. Cheers, Ian "Ian McCall" <ian@eruvia.org> wrote in message news:pan.2005.01.23.17.28.20.138933@eruvia.org... > Hello. > > I have an Atari ST (as in ST, not STF, STFM or STe) and two Atari SF354 > floppy disk drives in the UK. The trouble is, I don't have have any power > supplies, connecting cables or mouse to go with them. They're a little > grubby too, but will clean up easily enough. An idea of where you are would be nice...... :) Hellraiser.........> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:51:59 +0000, Hellraiser wrote: > > "Ian McCall...

wtb: ds/dd floppy drive for my atari st
I'd like to buy a working, double-sided double density disk drive for my atari ST. If you have one for sale, let me know in this newsgroup, or send me an email. Thanks, beta_zero@spiritone.com ...

FS: Floppy Cleaners For Amiga, Atari ST, 1541 and 1581 Disk Drives
For sale, a pair of Kits to make your old Disk Drives perform well. Compatible with Commodore Amiga, IBM PC Dos, Apple II, 1541, 1541, 1571 and 1581. 5,25" Floppy Disk Cleaner (Incl. Head-Cleaning Solution): http://snipurl.com/20x1oqr 3,5" Floppy Disk Cleaner (Factory Sealed): http://snipurl.com/20x1oz1 Cheers, Oge ...

FS: Floppy Cleaners For Amiga, Atari ST, 1541 and 1581 Disk Drives
For sale, a pair of Kits to make your old Disk Drives perform well. Compatible with Commodore Amiga, IBM PC Dos, Apple II, 1541, 1541, 1571 and 1581. 5,25" Floppy Disk Cleaner (Incl. Head-Cleaning Solution): http://snipurl.com/20x1oqr 3,5" Floppy Disk Cleaner (Factory Sealed): http://snipurl.com/20x1oz1 Cheers, Oge 5,25" Floppy Disk Cleaner still available: http://tinyurl.com/7a82zay Cheers, Oge ...

Floppy imaging program for Atari ST floppies
Version 0.7 with ST, MSA imaging, file extraction is ready: http://www.ppest.org/atari/floimgd.php Onlyone which can do it in Win XP... <ppera@verat.net> wrote in message news:1156945449.128794.262010@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Version 0.7 with ST, MSA imaging, file extraction is ready: > > http://www.ppest.org/atari/floimgd.php > > Onlyone which can do it in Win XP... > The instructions on the website state that fdrawcmd has to be installed first which is fine on the PC at work as it has in internal floppy driver, however when if I try installing fdrawcmd on my laptop for the previous version it said something along the lines that can't find the driver. This is probably because the floppy on my laptop is an external USB floppy. Does this version work with USB floppy drives and if not is that a feature that may be introduced to later versions? Stephen Moss Stephen Moss wrote: > the floppy on my laptop is an external USB floppy. > Does this version work with USB floppy drives and if not is that a feature > that may be introduced to later versions? > Fdrawcmd is made for 'regular', built in floppy drives. USB version will be made hardly ever. And even if someone will do it, it will not work good with all external USB floppy drives, especially not with non-PC standard floppies. I can only say that find someone with desktop PC, and perform floppy imaging on it. ...

Atari SF354 drives and Atari ST (not FM)
Hi. I've come into possession of two SF354 drives and an original Atari ST. Trouble is, there are no power cables or connecting cables for any of it. Are these easy and cheap to get hold of (in the UK)? The whole lot is likely to be eBay'd off anyway because I have an STe with hard drive, but it will probably be easy to do so if I have the right leads to go with it. Cheers, Ian ...

FA: Atari XF551 floppy drive for Atari 400 800 XL XE
for Atari 8-bit computers http://xrl.us/AtariXF551 ...

Atari floppy drive cable
Hello all, I acquired an Atari 1050 but not the cable to connect it with my Atary 800XL. Could someone kindly advise me what would be the best way to construct such a cable? Many thanks mario "mario" <gianmarioRE.scottiMO@nokiaVE.com> wrote in message news:2Z%1e.41486$k4.811404@news1.nokia.com... : Hello all, : : : I acquired an Atari 1050 but not the cable to connect it with my Atary : 800XL. : Could someone kindly advise me what would be the best way to construct such : a cable? I bought 3 SIO cables from, I thought Sunmark, but I can't find them on their site right now. Maybe AtariAge. Just can't seem to find any listed on their sites right now. I'll keep looking on and off. Apple II Forever, Apple II Together Bill @ GarberStreet Enterprizez --------------------------------------------- Web Site - http://garberstreet.netfirms.com HOME OF THE RAM-4-GS --------------------------------------------- Email - willy46pa@comcast.net --------------------------------------------- File Server - http://68.34.184.147/ Username - GarberStreet Password - all --------------------------------------------- "Bill Garber" <willy46pa@comcast.net> wrote in message news:XNGdnT_Qm5e7PNXfRVn-gg@comcast.com... : : "mario" <gianmarioRE.scottiMO@nokiaVE.com> wrote in message : news:2Z%1e.41486$k4.811404@news1.nokia.com... : : Hello all, : : : : : : I acquired an Atari...

1040 st floppy drive
Just received a 1040 I bought on ebay. It appears to be working just fine, so far as I can tell. The floppy eject button doesn't, but otherwise the drive works. Keyboard is missing the 3 key...anyone got a spare they can send to me. I got the ST pretty much just for gaming. I've got a couple Falcons that I'll be selling....... for the purpose of buying a Firebee. :) What are you alls suggestions for a pair of joysticks? Thanks!! On May 4, 9:36=A0pm, Atarinut365 <atarinut...@gmail.com> wrote: > Just received a 1040 I bought on ebay. =A0It appears to be working just > fine, so far as I can tell. > > The floppy eject button doesn't, but otherwise the drive works. > Keyboard is missing the 3 key...anyone got a spare they can send to > me. > > I got the ST pretty much just for gaming. =A0I've got a couple Falcons > that I'll be selling....... for the purpose of buying a Firebee. :) > > What are you alls suggestions for a pair of joysticks? > > Thanks!! Oops...that should read, the number 4 key....thanks! ...

Atari ST floppy question
Hello, when I am turning Atari on floppy drive is making some noise during a minute, and only after that TOS starts. Is it proper for Atari St? Floppy drive is empty during start, but Atari makes some noise with it... Thanks <gnorik@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135323182.435913.236510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello, when I am turning Atari on floppy drive is making some noise > during a minute, and only after that TOS starts > Is it proper for Atari St? yes. It checks for a bootable floppy. > Floppy drive is empty during start, but Atari makes some noise with > it... pop a blank disk in. It will spped things up. > > Thanks > <gnorik@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135323182.435913.236510@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello, when I am turning Atari on floppy drive is making some noise > during a minute, and only after that TOS starts. > Is it proper for Atari St? > Floppy drive is empty during start, but Atari makes some noise with > it... > > Thanks > TOS checkes for bootdrives and such for about 45seconds on bootup, after that time it gives up and you are then at the GEM desktop. If you put a blank disk in the drive then the boot sector of the floppy is read and TOS has "something" actually read, if there is nothing on the floppy then it boots right to GEM. Chris Thanks to all Thanks to all > ><gno...

ST floppy drive maintenance or replacement
Can someone point me to some good instructions for converting PC floppy drives for use in an ST? I have had two of my original ST drives go junk on me recently. I'm wondering if maybe my ancient floppys are starting to shed their magnetic coating and that is gumming up the heads. I know that happens with old audio tapes. Any tips on how to clean the heads without damaging them? -- Bill Freeman Hi, > Can someone point me to some good instructions for converting PC floppy > drives for use in an ST? All you have to do is set the drive select to be "0" rather than "1". Usually one of three ways: A simple switch. A set of jumpers. A solder bridge. > I have had two of my original ST drives go junk on me recently. I'm > wondering if maybe my ancient floppys are starting to shed their > magnetic coating and that is gumming up the heads. I know that happens > with old audio tapes. > > Any tips on how to clean the heads without damaging them? If it is just goo on the heads then a stock head cleaning disc with accompanying cleaning fluid will do the job. If you have the early ST FDD with a worm drive for head movement, check that the worm isn't full of crud too. HTH Egon -- The.Lab is really UMRK {period} ORG, bare that in mind if you want to mail :) "Egon Spengler" <Egon@the.lab> wrote in message news:S8ydnfLp9MPkwbvfRVnyhg@eclipse...

MAC SE Floppy Drive 1.4 meg Floppy Drive (old)
I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you, Bill Bill Bagot <wbagot1@san.rr.com> wrote: > I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only > had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of > my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives > use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? ...

Atari ST Floppy ==> PC
I have a floppy i used to do some word processing about 15 years ago. Can i get this data from the floppy and through some emulator using my PC? I can't remember what the programme I used was called but it would have been whatever came with teh ST I guess, back in 1998. PC tells me floppy needs to be formatted as it is... Thanks Hi, By using "makedisk" you can create an image file. The emulator will be able to read this image file. You have to pay attention : makedisk can only work in MS-DOS (not MS-DOS prompt, or MS-DOS mode in windows) Dave wrote: > I ha...

Floppy disks and floppy drives.
Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hundreds of floppy disks (which I'm currently processing). Was curious to know if they still had a place in this day 'n' age of micro storage cards and dvd+rws. Would love to know if I could do anything with them apart from stripping the drives for their motors. TR Trail Rat wrote: > >Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to >be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hund...

Question about Atari ST floppy disk format
Hi there! I just wanted to ask a simple question: which format does the Atari ST use for its floppy disks? I'm asking this on behalf of a good friend of mine who tries to "revive" his memories, stuck on dusty disks. Windows doesn't seem able to read it, so I'm guessing it's not the classic FAT format. Is there any way to read them? Or even better, does anyone know if Linux supports this format? Many thanks in advance, Markus. "Markus Lindstr�m" <rrrrominet@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4077f9c1$0$1359$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > Hi t...

Atari ST Disk Drive Book Needed
I am looking to purchase a book called "Atari ST Disk Drives: Inside and Out". If anyone has a copy and would like to sell it, or know where I can find a copy, please respond to this posting or email me at: cobblehill30@yahoo.com Thanks --Gerry. ...

FA: Atari ST hard drive in UK
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3069068209&category=125 0 Made by Third Coast Technologies of the UK. This is a 20MB drive in a very strong (and quite heavy) steel case. The actual drive inside it is a Seagate ST225N but I'm sure it can be easily changed for a larger drive (20MB was plenty when I bought it). I've had it from new and it has been in the loft for a few years but I had it down at Christmas and fired it up, all works fine. The ST can boot from the drive and the drive is currently partitioned into three logical drives. It comes with the DMA lead...

FA: Hard Drive for Atari ST by Supra
For Auction: The Supra 20MB drive for Atari ST http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/83162193 Untested but very pleasing Atari 520ST: http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/83162011 Thanks! For auction soon - the Supra 40MB drive and 520STFM computer. ...

WANTED DSDD INTERNAL FLOPPY DRIVES for ST
I am an ST user and game collector, and I have had some very bad luck. A batch of ST games I won on Ebay had mold on the disk surfaces, and completely destroyed the floppy drives on both of my ST computers. (moral of the story, look at the disk surfaces FIRST before loading any second hand games) The drives are toast! Beyond cleaning or repairing. I would be interested in buying any internal DSDD floppy drives that someone out there might have as extras. I am only interested in original Atari ST internal drives. I am not interested in converted PC drives, as in my experience they are a little bit dodgy on some of the more heavily copy protected games. I am completely bummed out that I have no functional STs to use. This is the first time I have been in this situation in over 10 years! And I just got a bunch of new ST games in the mail that I ordered a few weeks ago. This sucks! I am not interested in paying the $75 - $125 prices that the remaining ST dealers are asking for reconditioned and new internal drives. I would like a total of 4 DSDD internal drives, 2 to get my STs running again, and 2 more as replacements. If anyone has any internal drives, with clean well aligned heads in good working condition, please e-mail me at STcomp@cwo.com. I can never have too many. I can pay by PayPal. Thanks. -STcomp STcomp@cwo.com wrote: > I am an ST user and game collector, and I have had some very bad luck. > A batch of ST games I won on Ebay had...

Atari MEGA STE floppy drive power cable
Hi everyone. I posted this question to this newsgroup 6 months ago and didn't get a good response, and then I forgot about the Atari for awhile, but now I'm getting back into it -- just got a synthesizer again and would like to read my songs off my floppies. So I'd appreciate some help from a fellow MEGA STE owner. I disconnected the floppy drive's power cable, without realizing that it would physically reconnect to the drive in either orientation. Now I want to plug it back in but don't want to fry the drive by plugging it in wrong. So the question is: which way should it be plugged in? http://ryandesign.com/tmp/atari-mega-ste-floppy-drive-power-cable.jpg Thanks in advance for anyone who can set me straight on this! "Ryan" <no@spam.invalid> wrote in message news:no-8199EB.03473121062007@johnf2.biosci.ohio-state.edu... > Hi everyone. I posted this question to this newsgroup 6 months ago and > didn't get a good response, and then I forgot about the Atari for > awhile, but now I'm getting back into it -- just got a synthesizer again > and would like to read my songs off my floppies. So I'd appreciate some > help from a fellow MEGA STE owner. > > I disconnected the floppy drive's power cable, without realizing that it > would physically reconnect to the drive in either orientation. Now I > want to plug it back in but don't want to fry the drive by plugging it ...

Atari 1040ST and internal Floppy drive grounding problem?
I am trying to resurect this Atari 1040ST I have. It worked but the video was really bad on a cold boot. Screen flipped and was unusable for about 10 minutes, then as it warmed up it got better but still was a bad video signal. I tried to get it working by reseating all chips etc and no go. I swapped all socketted chips and no go. I though, well I will just get another cheap system board! I did and both exibited a similar problem. On disk loading, each track load, or click from drive, would flip or jump the screen, but it was clear and crisp unlike original board. Also as unit warmed up from cold boot it would get less evident but still on disk loads the screen would flip or jump slightly. One thing I noticed is the drive standoffs were glued on the motherboard since the replacement boards did not have them on. The brass one was also glued on, does this need to be grounded to the board? ie no glue! I cannot see what the problem might be, I tried two different PS's. Thanks Check power supply voltages, look for bulged or leaking capacitors, replace same. Maybe two similar power supplies. If there was any distortion, I would suggest changing C109 thru C113 from 470pf to 22pf. Some monitor cable capacitances are too high for the board capacitances, and those two working together create screen distortion. These caps are on the RGB and sync outputs. No, the supports for the disk drive do not have to be grounded. They...

Atari USB Update -- Support for USB Floppy Drives
Hello, the USB Team, Thomas, Florian, Carsten (Harry was unavailable), worked this weekend (friday to sunday) in Carstens basment to create new USB Hard- and Software for the 8bit Atari. We have new Pictures online at: http://www.strotmann.de/twiki/bin/view/Microusb/ProjUSBConvFourPic What is new: * a new Hex2Bin Converter (internal Tool) * a new Version of the USBTEST Tool * Support for USB (UFI) Floppies (DOS Driver hopefully available in End-September) More news can be found in the upcoming ABBUC Magazin (look for Hardware Contest) The new USBTOOL Version 0.5 will be available on Wednesday, 08/24/05, on the SourceForge Project Pages (microusb.sf.net). If you have access to an USB Floppy, an UFI/USB ZIP-Drive or any other Device compatible with the UFI/CBI Standard, please test with the new USBTEST and give us feedback. Greetings the MicroUSB Team On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:12:24 +0200, Carsten Strotmann wrote: > > The new USBTOOL Version 0.5 will be available on Wednesday, 08/24/05, on > the SourceForge Project Pages (microusb.sf.net). > The mew USBTEST Disk with Floppy Support is now available on SourceForge, including the new Forth Sourcecode https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=111428&package_id=137480 Has anyone (other than the USB team) tried this? I'd like to compare notes with any other USB users. I have the cart, USB floppy, and USB ZIP drive. -Larr...

Atari ST disk drives inside & out: Disk
Hi, Would someone have a copy of the disk Atari ST disk drives inside and out and Atari ST internal they could email me? Thanks ...

Is there a utility for formatting custom Atari ST floppies on PC?
I have been trying to format disks in order to copy .st files on to them, to play games on my Atari STe. In the old days I used to use my Falcon 030 for formatting say, 81 tracks, 10 tracks a sector, etc, then I would simply use Dcopy to copy the .st file into a real Atari ST disk, and my PC could flawlessly read any format I used. Well, sadly I got rid of my Falcon last year for financial reasons :( (i did keep my Falcon hard drives for when I get another Falcon someday) and now I am trying to use Fcopy Pro on my STe to format the disks, but my PC will not recognize the boot sector! I guess the PC likes Falcon custom formatted floppies, but not custom formats done on the STe. I can use MSDOS mode on Fcopy pro, but only for 720K format, and 90% of ..st disk images use larger formats with more tracks and or sectors. Is there a program, either on the ST side or the PC side, that will allow me to choose sector and track numbers for formatting a floppy which is readable to Dcopy (on my PC), so that I can start making disks to use on my Atari STe again? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. -STcomp <STcomp@cwo.com> wrote in message news:1165083208.464500.278840@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... > Is there a program, either on the ST side or the PC side, that will > allow me to choose sector and track numbers for formatting a floppy > which is readable to Dcopy (on my PC), so that I can start making disks > to use on my A...

Web resources about - Clicking Floppy Drive - comp.sys.atari.st

WARNING: Unhappy Meals for Facebook Users Clicking Links to $250 McDonald’s Gift Cards
Facebook users who click on links promising them $250 gift cards to McDonald’s are becoming victims of The Hamburglar, in the form of online ...

Facebook tests subscribe button for pages to allow users to receive updates without clicking Like
... Marketing Land reader Craig Smith: We do not have the button on our own accounts, but here is the way to connect with a page without clicking ...

Macintosh User Manual - Clicking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore peterme's photos on Flickr. peterme has uploaded 5226 photos to Flickr.

Shoes of Prey not the only e-tailer clicking onto bricks and mortar
Aussie internet merchants are realising that an old-school shop front is still vital for building brand and sales.

Shutting down and clicking on (04:36)
While the American government shut down explored absurdity, we have had to make do with mere bemusement over Harvey Norman chief Gerry Harvey’s ...

Want a top Australian Public Service job? Get clicking on Facebook
Click 'Like' if you have what it takes to be a Canberra mandarin.