Old software to give away

I picked up the following stuff recently, all with original diskette +
manual.  In the (IMO unlikely) event that anyone would like it for free
(see fine print below), please respond via email in the next week or so:
	Degas
	Degas Elite
	Diskscan / HDscan
	Michtron Utilities Plus
	Quick ST II / Quick ST 3

Fine print: You have to pay actual shipping + cost of padded envelope
:-(.  Let me know your mailing address when you respond & I'll give you
an actual cost; it's likely to be in the range of $5-$7 Canadian except
for Michtron (heavier manual).  You can pay by PayPal or (at your risk)
send me cash in the mail.

Roger Burrows
0
Roger
9/14/2006 8:20:59 PM
comp.sys.atari.st 6023 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight po...

Atari ST software
I have a couple of questions about Atari ST software: 1.Floppy disks can be read on a classic PC ,right? 2. where can I download software from the web? 3. Can I simply format DD disks on a PC , copy a game on the floppy and play it on a ATARI ST? Thanks in advance P.S. Sorry for my bad english (but I`m trying :-)) On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:06:23 +0200, Amigaboy wrote: > I have a couple of questions about Atari ST software: > 1.Floppy disks can be read on a classic PC ,right? > 2. where can I download software from the web? > 3. Can I simply format DD disks on a PC , copy a game o...

Atari ST software on eBay
I'm going to be attempting to sell off a bunch of Atari ST software (mostly games, but some other stuff, too), and all my starting prices will be $3 per bundle. I hope to have a couple huge lots (like a bunch of Psygnosis stuff for one), and a few heavy ones. ^_^;;; But in any case, all will have original disks and most have complete instructions and documentation, and even the box they came in. Look for seller "obscurestuff" and yes, I will ship internationally. So far, I have 2 lots up on eBay. Sorry if this is inconvenient for some, but perhaps if there's interes...

Giving Old iPad Away
I have backed up my wifi iPad but not "restored" it. I have synced that backup with my new 3G iPad and all is working fine. I've also transferred my iTunes backup to a new computer. Now I want to "restore" my wifi iPad (wipe off all the apps) so I can give it to my son. Will I have a problem if I plug the wifi iPad into my old computer, open iTunes, and choose "restore", or is there something else I should do first? The registration for the wifi iPad is no longer on the iTunes on the old computer. In article <HOudnYiwsokspIvTnZ2dnUVZ5sSdn...

Atari ST/Falcon Software
Hi all Due to a recent move, oh yes and got married (or is it marred) last September, i dont have the space for a ton of software... well approx 24 collapsible crates ( and there the ones that i've managed to test) I will be listing them all on ebay (and making ebay a ton of money). I do still have some rare hardware, genlock, eprom programmer, sound samplers, cant remember them all. About 20 ST's including the first one (external everything). My ebay id is stevetheatarian willing to swap/part ex for eiffel interface, ultra satan.. -- Steve Stupple steve@atari.org.uk ...

Atari stuff to give away
Hi, a friend of mine is to leave the Atari world totally. So he will offer all of his stuff to anyone interested. At least 10 b/w monitors SM 124, more than 4 1040STF, about the same quantity of MEGA ST4, some hard disks some removable disks with cartridges, of course, and and and... If interested, send an email to *m.hosry@t-online.de* and be prepared to get to Berlin or Stuttgart. Und TTsch� ps ...

Giving away ATARI Speech Synthesizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi NG Shipping (yes, shipping) to any Country. Shipping-Insurance will be made and paid by me! Shipping Costs plus a "1000 USA Dollar" or "1000 EURO" and it's yours. ATARI (Original) Speech Synthesizer!!!! Best Regards, Daniel Mandic Daniel Mandic wrote: > Shipping Costs plus a "1000 USA Dollar" or "1000 EURO" and it's yours. > > > ATARI (Original) Speech Synthesizer!!!! > > > > Best Regards, > > Daniel Mandic Looks like off the shelve!!! (merely!! outworn edges on the paper box-roll. "1AA" [opened] on a 1AAA[new]-scale!) ...

Free Atari ST Software (almost)
Hello all. I'm cleaning house and getting rid of some old software for the ST. I want them to go to a good home but I really don't want to piece it out so if anyone is interested, you gotta take it all. All I ask is to pay actual shipping costs via Google checkout. The titles are as follows: Games: Amazon TerrorPods Batman the Caped Crusader AB Zoo (educational) Crack Down Dick Tracy Road Blasters Road Warrior 2000 Development: GFA 2.0 + compiler DevPac ST 2 DevPac 3 Other: Hippo Disk Utilities If interested please send an email to : last_atarian(at)yahoo(dot)com and we'll make arrangements. Thanks! ...

Looking for ATARI ST Laserdisc software
I'm looking for the software that can manage lasrdisc player. I need it to play with Dragon's lair and similar. Thanks Alessandro ...

Legal to give away old condists?
I've got a metric buttload of VMS Condists. In 99% of the cases I was never the licensee, but being a packrat I've picked these up from employers and customers who were just tossing them into a dumpster. It's been a couple of years now, and I'm still sitting on them without finding them a good home. There's hundreds and hundreds of DEC/Compaq/HP folders and thousands and thousands of CD's. In many cases I have multiple copies of the same condist. I need the space back, and have to get rid of them. Is it legal for me to give/ship these away to VMS Hobbyists under t...

Atari ST Software for SALE--__--
Greetings, We Have the following Atari ST Software for SALE.... For the ATARI 520ST/1040ST Color Monitor required. ---------------------------------------------------------- INTO THE EAGLES NEST Mintly $9.95 Q.BALL Used $9.95 RENEGADE Used $9.95 XEVIOUS Mintly $9.95 ALCON Mintly $9.95 ARCTICFOX Mintly $9.95 HIGH ROLLER Mintly $9.95 All Games are Complete with Original Disks, Manuals, and Cover Box. The ones marked "Used" have a small about of box damage. The ones marked "Mintly" are like New, little or no Box damage. All Games are tested to make sure they work. They have never been actually played. Shipping anywhere in the US/Canada is $4.00 per game. Buy 3 games and get $5.00 OFF Shipping Cost!! Buy All 7 games for $57.00 and Shipping is FREE!!! Insurance on every order! US Postal or International Money Order only please. To Order contact us at phantomm@suddenlink.net .. ...

Old Atari ST magazines for sale
I have some old Atari magazines for sale. Email if you want to know the specific issues of each magazine. Make me an offer. You pay shipping. 20 issues of Antic 11 issues of Analog 10 issues of ST Log 4 issues of Atari Advantage 16 issues of ST Informer ...

Commodore hardware and software to give away
We have some Commodore 128 software and hardware to give away to those who are willing to pay for shipping. Software includes Timworks Word writer word processor, hardware includes a Commodore 128 monitor and more. How much? I am in the uk and would love to get hold of a 128. "Rich3800" <rich3800@aol.com> wrote in message news:20031010171007.09700.00000088@mb-m24.aol.com... > We have some Commodore 128 software and hardware to give away to those who are > willing to pay for shipping. Software includes Timworks Word writer word > processor, hardware includes a Commo...

Giving Away Software to Make Money

Old HP3000 equipment give away
Hey folks, We have sold off our HP3000 server and are now trying to find homes for the following equipment: Printer Epson DFX-5000, s/n 0G20014589 Westlaw Cust. Printer, HP87-1, s/n 2715A42787 Printer HP2562C, s/n 2922A00300 Printer - very large and fast - HP2566B, s/n 2648A02558 HP2345A 48 port DTC This equipment is all in good working order and was covered under service contract until July 2005 when we decomissioned our HP3000. The equipment is free to anyone willing to pay the shipping costs. We are located in Covina California =96 Southern part of the state near Los Angeles. Sam Burro...

SOFTWARE! SOFTWARE! SOFTWARE!
Hello everybody! Just got a bunch of boxes of disks from Andrew last night and was wondering if anyone was seeking any particular titles? If I can find what you are looking for in the mess, I will be more than happy to copy it for you on request. I won't be giving, selling, or trading any of the disks themselves, but I will make copies for any interested parties. Have a great day! Charles>8-Bit Designs http://www.8bitprodserv.spaces.live.com I'm looking for the Ada Training Course put out by Abacus. For some reason I can't find any of the Abacus software nor manuals. ...

RE: Legal to give away old condists?
Unless there is a prohibition against doing so in the hobbyist license agreement, assignment with or without consideration to a third party with a valid Hobbyist's license must be presumed to be a right, certainly from a common sense point of view, and I suspect under common law. OTOH if there were such a prohibition and you did it anyway, HP's remedy would be to seek damages. Assuming the kit sells for $30, the profit could be at most $10, which would be their loss. If they could then prevail to obtain treble damage you would be orded to pay $30 plus $500,000 in attorney's fees...

looking for OLD OLD software
Hello all ... I know this is an odd request, but i'm looking for some old xilinx software to program some xilinx xc3000 parts. If anybody has such software they are looking to give away/sell (or know where to find) ... let me know. Thanks and Regards -Chris Open a webcase, We will support old software if you tell us what you need, Austin Chris Beg wrote: > Hello all ... > > I know this is an odd request, but i'm looking for some old xilinx software > to program some xilinx xc3000 parts. If anybody has such software they are > looking to give away/sell (or k...

7, when are you going to give away all your Windows software?
You *claimed* you switched to Linux a long time ago, and every day on cola you exhort everyone else to switch to Linux. Since you no longer need any of your Windows software, when are you going to sell or donate it to someone who can use it? Why are you hanging onto it for so long? DFS wrote: > You *claimed* you switched to Linux a long time ago, and every day on cola > you exhort everyone else to switch to Linux. > > Since you no longer need any of your Windows software, when are you going > to sell or donate it to someone who can use it? > > Why are you hangin...

FA: Lots of old Atari ST magazines
Hi Everyone, I've got lots of old Atari ST magazines for sale. They're extras that I'd like to see go to a good home. Atari ST Informer magazines - 6 1992 issues http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3574198095&category=224 3&rd=1 Atari ST Informer magazines - 5 1993 issues http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3574198084&category=224 3&rd=1 Atari ST Informer magazines - 6 1993 issues http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3574198103&category=224 3&rd=1 Atari ST Informer magazines -...

Win gecko drive and Onecnc software give-away
The contest is here -http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8506 also onecnc give-away is here - http://www.onecnc.com/0205/cnczone_request.htm ...

Software Give Away! I'm Cleaning house :)
I have some softwares I am giving away, and all you need to do is to pay for the shipping and I'll send them off to you. Speed Razor Mach III with Dongle http://www.md-arts.com/SpeedRazor.jpg Windows NT Server 3.1 with everything (licience, if it's applicable) http://www.md-arts.com/NT_Server.jpg MacroForm I and II for the DEC Alpha http://www.md-arts.com/MacroForm2.jpg I have more software, but this will do for the moment. I'm still going through everything. Email me for more info and if you are interested? md@md-arts.com .......................................................

[News] Volantis Gives Away Free Software Tools
Volantis Brings Mobile Tools to the Open Source Community ,----[ Quote ] | Volantis is perhaps best known for their java-based | development and runtime platform, now available under an | open source license with a full range of professional | support options, which allows Web developers to build and | run their own mobile Internet applications across over | 5,800 devices. `---- http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/development-tools/articles/47971-volantis-brings-mobile-tools-the-open-source-community.htm Recent: Volantis Plants Open Seeds for Mobile App Growth http://blog.linuxtoday.c...

FA: Atari ST 1040ST/Mega Software lot
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=2743851724 Starting Price: $9.95 Ends: Aug-01-03 ...

Web resources about - Old software to give away - comp.sys.atari.st

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
Given that I resigned a couple weeks ago and am looking for new work , I've been asking myself a lot of questions about what I want to do next. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
We are gearing up for another awe-inspiring, thought-engaging, and actionable conference in 2012. It is our vision to stir up innovation and ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...