(BBS AD) Particles! BBS

Particles! BBS
==============

http://www.particles.org, telnet://particlesbbs.dyndns.org:6400, telnet://particlesbbs.hopto.org:6400

Been around since 1992... which is like, an eternity in computer-time.

What Is It?
===========

It's a BBS running Centipede on a Commodore 128D with message bases dedicated to old computer goodness.

Also:

[+] 1000s of files for the Commodore 64, Vic-20, 128, Plus/4, CP/M and GEOS
[+] Over 90 file areas so far, still adding more
[+] 60+ online games (Empire, Nuke'Em, tons more)
[+] Lots of message bases

Runs PETSCII, ANSI, ASCII, 40 columns, 80 columns so connect with whatever you want.

Speaking of connecting, connect from the website at http://www.particles.org if you don't have a terminal.

Useless Hardware Info:
======================

Running on a Commodore 128D w/640K of RAM (which is enough for anyone)
Ports open at 38,400 so it flies.  Ever seen an 8-bit transfer at 38.4K?  Holy crap.
This is done with the magic of a Swiftlink RS232 adapter.
Punter, Multipunter, Ymodem, Xmodem xfers. Find one you like.
4GB CMD SCSI drive running off a Compact Flash card using a SCSI to CF adapter.  Fast.  For 8-bit.

You can find us at Facebook also as http://www.facebook.com/particlesbbs

--------------=  Posted using GrabIt  =----------------
------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-

0
Particles

BBS Ad
(ORIG-IP: 10.0.0.2) (RFC850-Lines: 20) (RFC850-X-Priority: 3) (RFC850-X-MSMail-Priority: Normal) (RFC850-X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869) (RFC850-X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962) (RFC850-X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original) System: Landover BBS SysOp: Lance Lyon Phone: 10 lines (telnet) Multi_Line: Yes InterNet: telnet://landover.no-ip.com , http://landover.no-ip.com/128 , news://landover.no-ip.com E-Mail: landover (at) tpg.com.au Location: Katoomba, NSW, Austrlaia Access: Public Hours: 24 hours, 7 days Computer: P4 OS: Microsoft Windows XP Profe...

BBS AD: Landover BBS
Landover BBS - online since 16/10/1987 Classic computer support on a classic BBS platform : * Amiga * Amstrad CPC, NC100 & PCW * Apple ][ & ][gs * Atari 8 bit computers & consoles * Atari ST * Microsoft Windows, IBM OS/2, CP/M & DOS Thousands of files online, message areas & free immediate access Telnet BBS - telnet://landover.no-ip.com (10 lines) Web - http://landover.no-ip.com/bbs.html Newsgroups - news://landover.no-ip.com ...

[BBS ad] Landover Amiga BBS
Australia's oldest Amiga & Commodore 8 bit BBS has had a facelift. Our new web portal is now the front end to the BBS, featuring news snippets, access to our large filebase, entry to the telnet BBS & a new Forums area. Come & visit us at http://commodore.thebbs.org --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.520 / Virus Database: 318 - Release Date: 19/09/2003 ...

ATARI BBS GATEWAY (links to all Atari BBS's on one BBS!)
FamilyNet International Newsgate A long time & stable Dallas BBS, The Prison Board, has offered to provide a "Favorites page" for the Atari BBS users. Other users (like Tcropper) and I provided an up to date BBS list of the active Atari sites out there, and Rueben (PB Sysop) created a place you can go to, bring up an Atari telnet menu, and go directly to that Atari BBS. icon_smile.gif (Recently a Commodore BBS list has been added too.) Ever been curious to see the online world of Atari computers? Come check out the Prison Board BBS: 972-329-0781 (this number goo...

Particles! BBS ============== http://www.particles.org, telnet://particlesbbs.dyndns.org:6400, telnet://particlesbbs.hopto.org:6400 Been around since 1992... which is like, an eternity in computer-time. What Is It? =========== It's a BBS running Centipede on a Commodore 128D with message bases dedicated to old computer goodness. Also: [+] 10000s of files for the Commodore 64, Vic-20, 128, Plus/4 (NTSC), CP/M and GEOS [+] 1000s of NTSC Plus/4 files with more being converted all the time. [+] Over 100 file areas so far, still adding more [+] 60+ online games...

Particles! BBS
Particles! BBS ============== http://www.particles.org, telnet://particlesbbs.dyndns.org:6400, telnet://particlesbbs.hopto.org:6400 Been around since 1992... which is like, an eternity in computer-time. What Is It? =========== It's a BBS running Centipede on a Commodore 128D with message bases dedicated to old computer goodness. Also: [+] 10000s of files for the Commodore 64, Vic-20, 128, Plus/4 (NTSC), CP/M and GEOS [+] 1000s of NTSC Plus/4 files with more being converted all the time. [+] Over 100 file areas so far, still adding more [+] 60+ online games...

Particles! BBS
--------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Particles! BBS...
Though I've been running a BBS continuously since 1992, the system is back on it's original equipment - a C64 running Cbase 3.x. I'm sure I have lots of bugs to work out, but check it out and try to break it for me...:) Particlesbbs.dyndns.org Petscii would be a definite plus ... I don't have the ANSI menus worked out yet (first thing's first). Original userlog from 1992 as well - if you had an account.. You prolly still do :D Brian Green wrote: > Though I've been running a BBS continuously since 1992, the system is back > on it's original equipment - a...

Particles! BBS
Particles! BBS ============== http://www.particles.org, telnet://particlesbbs.dyndns.org:6400, telnet://particlesbbs.hopto.org:6400 Been around since 1992... which is like, an eternity in computer-time. What Is It? =========== It's a BBS running Centipede on a Commodore 128D with message bases dedicated to old computer goodness. Also: [+] 1000s of files for the Commodore 64, Vic-20, 128, Plus/4, CP/M and GEOS [+] Over 90 file areas so far, still adding more [+] 60+ online games (Empire, Nuke'Em, tons more) [+] Lots of message bases Runs PETSCII, AN...

Particles! BBS
Particles! BBS has been around since 1992 and has gone full circle.. From a C64 to an Amiga to a PC and finally back to a C64. Check it out! * Active message bases * Online games (Check out Empire!) * Some transfers It's so old.. It's cool. Use CGTERM (www.paradroid.net/cgterm) or connect a real C64 to the net and check it out. ANSI terms are not recommended. Cbase 3.x telnet://particlesbbs.dyndns.org We're looking for Cbase door mods... If you got em, upload em! Also, check out our website at http://www.particles.org. Thanks! ...

Web resources about - (BBS AD) Particles! BBS - comp.sys.cbm

Particle physics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Particle physics is a branch of physics that studies the existence and interactions of particles that are the constituents of what is usually ...

Charging the negative particles: Malcolm Turnbull positions himself as the evangelist of change
Malcolm Turnbull has gone about unpicking the bloody-minded short-sightedness of the Tony Abbott-Joe Hockey years.

Cosmic particles may hold clues about Egyptian pyramids
By studying particle accumulation inside the pyramid, researchers hope to learn how the 4,600-year-old structure was built

Say Goodbye To Microbeads: President Signs Act To Ban Microscopic Plastic Particles
... followed by product-specific manufacturing and sales bans in 2018 and 2019. The bill’s definition of a microbead — “any solid plastic particle” ...

Study: Dangerous Particles Found In Tobacco Smoke Reduced Up To 1,000 Times In E-Cigarettes
Study: Dangerous Particles Found In Tobacco Smoke Reduced Up To 1,000 Times In E-Cigarettes

Large Hadron Collider may have detected a new particle
The rejuvenated Large Hadron Collider might have achieved another breakthrough... provided everything lines up, that is. Two teams of CERN scientists ...

Why Is It So Hard To Find A New Particle?
We know the standard model can't be all there is. So why haven't we found a particle beyond it in the 50 years we've been looking?

Don’t Get Too Excited Yet About the LHC’s Hint of a New Particle
Earlier this week, physicists at the Large Hadron Collider announced they’d found tantalizing traces of a possible new fundamental particle — ...

Odd-even rule: ‘Road dust, secondary particles cause most pollution in Delhi’
“During winter, one of the major pollutants is not dust but from secondary particles, which are especially emitted by vehicles,” said a source. ...

Dyson’s super quiet Pure Cool air purifier removes 99.95% of harmful particles from the air
... in, they can remain in our lungs and potentially cause heart attacks, strokes and skin aging. These pollutants release ultra fine particles ...