1902 Monitor and Amiga 3000

Hi,

I just received a very decent Commodore 1902 Monitor via Ebay.  I have my
C128 hooked up to it.

Can I hook up an Amiga 3000 to this monitor as well (after unhooking the
C128, of course!) , and are there any considerations when doing so?  There's
what appears to be a RGB port on the back of the Amiga 3000 - it has "31 KHz
by it and a switch that says "enable/disable".

I just want to make sure I don't do something stupid to my new monitor!  :-)
Apparently it was factory refurbished and used once thereafter.

Thanks!

Nathan Brazil

0
natebrazil (21)

You can probably find the specs on-line somewhere.  I don't think 31k was a
popular rate back then.  So, if you tried it -- I'd *disable* it but I
think you'll be stuck interlace land too. :)  Just a guess tho.

    Dan

Nathan Brazil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just received a very decent Commodore 1902 Monitor via Ebay.  I have my
> C128 hooked up to it.
>
> Can I hook up an Amiga 3000 to this monitor as well (after unhooking the
> C128, of course!) , and are there any considerations when doing so?
> There's what appears to be a RGB port on the back of the Amiga 3000 - it
> has "31 KHz by it and a switch that says "enable/disable".
>
> I just want to make sure I don't do something stupid to my new monitor!
> :-) Apparently it was factory refurbished and used once thereafter.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nathan Brazil

0
Dan
7/3/2004 10:03:29 PM
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:03:29 -0600, Dan Miner wrote:

>> I just received a very decent Commodore 1902 Monitor via Ebay.  I have my
>> C128 hooked up to it.
>>
>> Can I hook up an Amiga 3000 to this monitor as well (after unhooking the
>> C128, of course!) , and are there any considerations when doing so?
>> There's what appears to be a RGB port on the back of the Amiga 3000 - it
>> has "31 KHz by it and a switch that says "enable/disable".

The 31 KHz setting is for a VGA monitor. A normal VGA monitor can sync
with Amiga after turning the switch.

Commodore 1902 is a lumachroma/ composite / TTL RGB monitor. It cannot
be used with analog RGB units like Amiga. You must use A 520 TV modulator
and composite cable with 1902.

The C128 is a TTL RGB/lumachroma computer and commodore 1902 is made for
that.

>> I just want to make sure I don't do something stupid to my new monitor!
>> :-) Apparently it was factory refurbished and used once thereafter.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Nathan Brazil

0
Pekka
7/4/2004 10:47:05 AM
"Pekka Takala" <pekka.takala@pp.inet.fi> wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:03:29 -0600, Dan Miner wrote:
>
> The 31 KHz setting is for a VGA monitor. A normal VGA monitor can sync
> with Amiga after turning the switch.
>
> Commodore 1902 is a lumachroma/ composite / TTL RGB monitor. It cannot
> be used with analog RGB units like Amiga. You must use A 520 TV modulator
> and composite cable with 1902.
>
> The C128 is a TTL RGB/lumachroma computer and commodore 1902 is made for
> that.

Okay - I have the 520 TV Modulator and the cable that I was hooking into a
television antenna game/tv switch box from the Amiga 3000.  Where do I plug
this cable into the 1902?  Right now I have my C128 hooked into it for both
40 and 80 column mode.  I'm guessing that if I want to view the Amiga 3000
on the 1902, I need to switch to "composite mode" and plug into where the
white RCA jack on the 1902 (not the yellow or the red jacks).

Is this correct?

I should get a VGA monitor for the A3000 but I'm running out of room.  :-)
My computer room looks like a Commodore repair shop!  :-)

Nate Brazil

0
Nathan
7/4/2004 4:31:34 PM

> The 31 KHz setting is for a VGA monitor. A normal VGA monitor can sync
> with Amiga after turning the switch.

I remember "back in the day" being told that a 1902 (or some 1902's) could
do analog also, but commodore didn't enable the switch. Supposedly all you
had to do was take the back case off and extend (cut) the slot that the
ttl/composite switch stuck through so that it had room to slide to it's
third position, the analog position. My memory is pretty fuzzy though,
anyone else ever hear this?

0
Kaschim

FA: Amiga 3000 and 1084 Monitor
Howdy, Details can be found in the items' descriptions. Amiga 3000: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5141350712 Commodore 1084 monitor: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5141354838 Thank you for your time. TD ...

FA: Amiga 3000, CBM A2024, etc.
Hi! Again I have to clear some items. Among them are: A3000D in mint condition Commodore A2024 Monitor (with flickerfixer/scandouble built in) Joysticks Kickswitcher Floppy (internal and external). I will ship worldwide. http://search.ebay.de/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ14QQrdZ0QQsassZcphaoQQsbrsrtZl -- Ciao Christian Christian Hoppe schrieb: > Hi! > [...] I added some items: external floppy drive MEDIATOR 1200 optical Mouse by Golden Image 3-State Ram Expansion with 6 MB RAM Kickswitcher and some other items (for example original IBM 5150, the fir...

FA:Ending soon Amiga 1000, Amiga 500 and Amiga monitor
Thanks for looking. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=curlyfry1 Leo -- Im looking for Commodore Cartridges! Got any?Check out my tradelist & Gameboy Advance items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com ...

FS: Amiga 3000, Amiga 2000 and More
After being stiffed, TWICE, on getting some hard ROMs for my beloved A3000, a friend of mine came up with an offer on some of his old PC equipment that I just couldn't refuse. But in order for me to get it I have to depart from Amiga HW, at least for now. There for I am selling my Amiga 3000 and my FastLane Z3 board. Now Pay attention closely. My Amiga 3000 is fully functional from a hardware standpoint. It is capable of booting with or without the Fastlane Z3 card installed. However an error in the softkick bootroms cause the computer to guru and not properly. The instal...

My Amiga 3000 is dead. Long live Amiga!
The power LED Flashes about 6 or 7 times pauses then repeats. Stripped it down, the LED stops flashing on removal of the upright slot board. Whadya reckon? Duff power unit? Anyway its used as a monitor stand now. Guess I`ll have to find a another way of getting the files from the HD.... Bye for now. Clive. > Stripped it down, the LED stops flashing on removal of the upright > slot board. > Whadya reckon? Duff power unit? Nope, Sounds like a duff upright slot board or a Zorro card. >Guess I`ll have to find a another way of getting the files from t...

Sell an Amiga 3000 and an Amiga 3000T on Ebay
If you are interested, translate this with BabelFish or see the Link. Vendo questi due computer facenti parte della mia collezione, per cui perfettamente funzionanti ultratestati e in ottimo stato estetico, il motivo � che cerco di avere un solo pezzo per ogni esemplare, sono fra i maggiori e migliori computer prodotti dalla Commodore/Amiga, in particolare di 3000T in Italia ce ne saranno poche decine e probabilmente anche meno, e comunque nel mondo non � che ce ne siano tanti di pi� funzionanti.. Se li volete vedere sono su Ebay: http://search.ebay.it/_W0QQsassZmousemiki l'asta s...

Sys Technology LCD monitor (sys-172L-C-JT)
Greetings, I have 2 of these monitors and the power LED just flashes on and off. It has a switch mode power supply. I found no "smoking gun" so to speak. I checked all of the power supply's electrolytics with an ESR meter. The fact that I have 2 with the same problem tells me that there must be others out there too. Has anyone repaired any of these with this problem? If not I will do the work and post what repairs it. Thanks have you tried them both on a different system with a different vid card? If it still happens, there is probably a problem with the display...

Amiga 3000
Hello, I have an amiga 3000 with a Picasso IV card, 16Meg, 2meg of RAM. 233Meg HD etc. with an Amiga 1960 monitor. I had bought the Picasso IV card a while back separate from the original Compute itself. The card was physically installed with no apparent hardware/software problems or repercussions at all. The guy I bought it from sent it me a PC Formatted floppy with the drivers on it supposedly, but I can't seem to get it to mount/work. I actually think the disk is corrupt. I have tried (unsucessfully it appears configure the card/resolution) with the Picasso 96 prog...

Amiga Monitors
I managed to buy two amiga 1084S monitors on the weekend ($au10 each, pretty good!). I as expecting them to have scart plugs, but one has a 9 PIN DIN plug, like a VGA plug, and the other has two round DIN plugs for input. I was going to sell one of them. The question is, which one should I keep? Which will have the better picture? I am planning on building a SuperGun to attach to the monitor at some point, as well as use it for C64 and Amiga. -- "I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs". -- Sam the Eagle. On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, John wr...

FS (UK) Amiga monitor-VGA , monitor-CPC cables
Clearing out a load of old computer stuff and I found what I think was the monitor cable from my old A1200 to VGA monitor. It is standard VGA on one end and what I think is amiga video out on the other. I also have a cable for connecting amiga up to an Amstrad CPC monitor. mail me on daniothefish at hotmail dot com with offers if you're interested ...

FA: SUPER BUSTER Rev. 11 For Amiga 4000 Amiga 3000
Hi, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4133189591 Remove the NO-SPAM to reply Regards ...

FA: SUPER BUSTER Rev. 11 For Amiga 4000 Amiga 3000
Hi, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4133189591 Remove the NO-SPAM to reply Regards ...

FS: Amiga 4000 & Amiga, 1200 Multisync monitor and bits, Norfolk, UK
Hi people, I am having a bit of a clear out before the new year and have turned up all my old Amiga kit which I need to get rid of, due to lack of space, time and money to use it. I'm not really up with Amiga kit anymore, so I am trying to describe it as best possible, I will try and answer any questions as best possible. Anyhow It comprises of. Amiga 4000/030 with a revision B motherboard (I think it has been upgraded with a rev11 buster, as this needed an in warranty repair at one point) 8 meg fast ram / 2 meg chip 68EC030 25Mhz and 68882 FPU 171 MB IBM hard disk 3...

A500 and 1902 monitor
I have an A500 and a 1902 monitor that I cant get working together. If I hook the monochrome out on the 500 to the monitor's composite input or a TV, it works fine. I can hook up my Commodore 128 in 80 column mode to the 1902's RGB input, and that works. If I hook up the Amiga to the 1902's RGB port though, no luck. With the positive/negative mode switch in one position I get just a black screen, in the other I see an image but the screen flickers up and down so fast that no adjustments to the vertical hold dial makes it stop. Am I doing something wrong here? Is the ...

Web resources about - 1902 Monitor and Amiga 3000 - comp.sys.cbm

The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
The Christian Science Monitor is an international news organization that delivers thoughtful, global coverage via its website, weekly magazine, ...

The Monitor
2009 Kia Rio. 43k. 4dr. New tires, like new, w

Multi-monitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Multi-monitor , also called multi-display and multi-head , is the use of multiple physical display devices , such as monitors , televisions , ...

ASUS Booth Tour at CES 2016: 10G Switches, External GPU Dock, USB-C Monitor and more
When ASUS emailed a couple of weeks before CES announcing that they had cancelled their press event for the show, we had a few question marks. ...

In a brain, dissolvable electronics monitor health and then vanish
(credit: J. Rogers, University of Illinoi ) From the folds and crinkles of a living brain, a fleeting fleck of electronics smaller than a grain ...

Satellite launched to monitor sea level, global warming
CBS News Satellite launched to monitor sea level, global warming CBS News A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket thundered away from a foggy California ...

V-Moda Zn In-Ear Monitors Review – The Audiophile’s Workout Headphones
When the Zn in-ear monitors first were announced, V-Moda made some big claims for their first new earphones in a four-year span — basically, ...

Why not just monitor the installation with Skype?
The company where this pilot fish works uses kiosks to enter customer information at remote sites and in this case, that doesn't mean a booth, ...

Consumer Reports Checks Fitbit Heart Rate Monitors Again
Earlier this month, a lawsuit from several Fitbit tracking watch owners made the news . In it, three users claimed that the heart rate monitors ...

Samsung to provide OLED monitor panels to Dell, say reports
Samsung Display is prepping to produce 30-inch Ultra HD (4K) OLED monitor panels for new high-end Dell products, according to a new Korea-based ...