Back in Time Live Brighton - Rob Hubbard performs *live*

13th September, 2003
BIT Live Brighton will feature a concert: the headline act is...

Rob Hubbard - unplugged!

Rob plays his own hits live on stage. Also, Press Play on Tape will be
performing. The whole thing will culminate in a supergroup of PPOT, Rob, Ben
and violinist Mark Knight for the ultimate "Monty on the Run"...

The concert will be MCd by Ben Daglish, and also includes Octave Sounds and
other entertainment,
such as Ben Daglish turning the audience into a SID chip :)

Also, the day will be 15 hours long, with a retro game and music fest from
11am -> 6pm attended by as many composers as we can get: there will also be
a display exhibit of Martin Galway's C128D (wot he used to compose most of
his SIDs), and his original Ocean source disks and source code.
The concert will be from 7pm -> 10pm, and then boogying from 10pm -> 2am.

Tickets will be available to buy in advance this time, and will be available
shortly from
http://www.backintimelive.com (they're not printed yet). Provisional
reservations can be made
by emailing bitliveSPAMNONONO@c64audio.com

The venue is the Brighton centre, directly on the seafront in Brighton, with
all-day catering and air conditioning (http://www.brightoncentre.co.uk).
It's swish :)

Other guests so far volunteered include Matt Gray, Tim Follin, Mat Cannon,
Jon Dunn, Thomas Detert, Markus Schneider, Ben and Rob of course, and Dave
Whittaker. More will undoubtedly follow...

A ticket for the concert and after show boogying will be �10, and a ticket
for the all-day event will be �5. The thing costs over �2500 to put on, so
we've got to try and break even. Between 6pm and 7pm people will leave the
centre temporarily to have some food while we set up the concert.

Throw in a playable SIDstation and a competition section gamesmastered by
Mat "Mayhem" Allen (as long as he agrees: I haven't asked him yet! It would
only be fair since he always wins the damn competitions!!), and Allan
"Commodore Scene" Bairstow showing his awesome collection of Commodore machi
nes doing awesome things, and composers turning up to the remix workshop to
jam along to their own SIDs, and you've got a pretty unmissable event, IMHO.

More details when we get the website up. The maximum amount of tickets for
the concert will be about 400, though the whole venue can hold 750 (it's on
two floors).

There's even a five-a-side football match on the beach on Friday evening,
along with a semi-official
BIT Live p*ss-up in a venue to be announced.

Oh yes: worried about how to get to Brighton from Stansted airport? Don't
be: there will be SID minibuses run by us which will convey you for a
non-profitmaking fare, both there and back on Friday evening, Saturday
morning and Sunday.

Accommodation suggestions will be available on the website when we do
that... but accommodation
is filling up fast thanks to the TUC conference at the same time.

Oh yes, and there will also be the launch of "The Galway Project: The
Perfect SID Collection", which is an audio CD collection of the highlights
of Martin Galway's SIDs, recorded from his actual
SID chip (the only one that plays them as they were meant to be played), and
which will include Streethawk (in two versions, with subtunes), a missing
tune in Wizball that was commented out of the source code, reminiscences by
Martin himself, and other worktunes, as well as the classics. The CD was
compiled by Boz, and is the precursor to a DVD next year which will contain
every single Martin Galway tune and subtune recorded in 24bit, 48khz (DVD)
and 96khz (DVD Audio) along with all his source code, pictures from his
bedroom at the time, and other goodies.

Definitely one for the fans.

Incidentally, rumours that on Friday evening a group of C64 fans and
Spectrum fans will
recreate Quadrophenia with microchips on Brighton beach are probably
unfounded, unless
someone cross-posts this to comp.sys.sinclair.... ;)

Chris Abbott

0
chris97 (1)

Great, this might be the one and only BIT Live I'll go to - but how on earth
did you manage to attract the Master? I thought he was living it up in the
States and that he doesn't play anymore. Or should that be he doesn't
compose songs anymore.

0
hg
6/27/2003 10:17:16 PM
"Leif Bloomquist" <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote in

> We really need to have one of these BIT events in North America
> sometime.
>
> Toronto, anyone?  :-)

I'd be there!  Just wish I could afford and had the time to fly over and
attend this one.  :-(
0
Todd
6/28/2003 2:47:27 AM
"hg" <hdk@jg.cjd> wrote in message news:vfpghbq7ojcua8@corp.supernews.com...
> Great, this might be the one and only BIT Live I'll go to - but how on
earth
> did you manage to attract the Master? I thought he was living it up in the
> States and that he doesn't play anymore. Or should that be he doesn't
> compose songs anymore.

1) Rob's in the UK now
2) He performs with a band regularly
3) I'm his publisher :)

Chris

0
c64audio
6/28/2003 2:45:56 PM
Todd Aiken wrote:

> > Toronto, anyone?  :-)
>
> I'd be there!  Just wish I could afford and had the time to fly over and
> attend this one.  :-(

You guys have it easy, really ;)

(see my country code)
--
  //  }{idehiko ()gata  "I'm not like other people.
\X/    Amiga since '86   I can't stand pain.