BBSLink 1.1.1 Released

Hello,

I have just released BBSLink 1.1.1.  This new version expends the
Disable DTR After Disconnect feature to completely close the Com Port.
 I am crossing my fingers and hoping now that this will finally work
100% with Image BBS 1.2A with 19.2k mods.  If you see an announcement
later about The Warpzone going back up, then you know it worked! :)

If it works, this may be the last 1.x.x version.  But don't dispair, I
will soon work on version 2.0.0.

Here is a sneak preview of 2.0.0:

 - When BBS is in use, BBSLink still answers Telnet sessions and tells
user the BBS is busy
 - The SysOp can telnet into BBSLink using a different port number and
monitor the BBS.  He will be able to see what the user sees, much like
that if he was at the actual console.  In addition, he will be able to
engange in remote chat.
 - With CGTerm, a program that will be released seperately soon, used
in conjunction with monitoring feature, you will be able to monitor
Commodore 64 BBS's in Commodore Color and Graphics terminal emulation
on a Windows PC.
 - Another seperate program called ModemLink will recognize ATDT
commands and accept host or IP instead of phone number.  It will then
telnet out to another telnet BBS, allowing you to use your favorite
Commodore Terminal program on a real C64 (or other 8-bit computer
too!) to telnet to other BBS's, including those running on BBSLink,
allowing both sides to use a real C64.
 - ModemLink will also support Modem Games by connecting two virtual
modems together as if they had called one another.  This will allow
the game "Modem Wars" to be playable over the internet, using real
Commodore 64's on both sides.

The schedule right now is:

CGTerm 1.0.0
ModemLink 1.0.0
BBSLink 2.0.0

After that, who knows what will happen! :)  I make no guarantees that
any of this will ever get done, ofcourse, but I can tell ya that
CGTerm is already mostly finished.  And ModemLink is just going to be
a modified version of BBSLink, so most of it's base code is already
written.

Thanks,

Tommy Watt
0
tommy359 (14)

I am using a null modem cable and a Swiftlink cartridge.  But I
imagine any will do.  As long as you can bring up a term program on
both ends and type back and forth, you're good.  BBSLink supports both
DTR only and Hayes modems.

steve@brown-computers.com (Steve Bell) wrote in message news:<78a09307.0306280153.37feb4f5@posting.google.com>...
> Tom:
> BBSLink is great, and im sure CGTerm is going to be just as nice. If
> you need anyone with some free-time, let me know, ill do all the
> testing you need with it, calling in/out. What kind of modem-port
> interface do i need to use BBSLink or any of your other programs.
>
> -Steve
>

> "Sam Gillett" <samgillett@msn.com> wrote in message news:<9%MKa.2873$Ei4.2081@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
> > Tommy Watt wrote ...
> >
> > > - With CGTerm, a program that will be released seperately soon, used
> > >in conjunction with monitoring feature, you will be able to monitor
> > >Commodore 64 BBS's in Commodore Color and Graphics terminal emulation
> > >on a Windows PC.
> >
> > That's the one I'm waiting for!  Keep up the good work.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Sam Gillett aka Mars Probe @ Starship Intrepid 1-972-221-4088
> >      Last 8-bit BBS in the Dallas area.  Commodore lives!
0
tommy