Borderline BBS - the only Commodore dial-up BBS

I just wanted to post a quick reminder that Borderline BBS is still
alive and well.  It continues to be the ONLY Commodore-run dial-up BBS
*anywhere* and is running 24/7 on a real Commodore 64 breadbox
computer with Color 64 v7.37 software.

Borderline BBS operates at 300/1200/2400 baud, and features 40/80
column operation, ASCII/ANSI/PETSCII support, message bases, file
transfers, and online games (Master's Empire 5.4, Stock Market, and
Horse Racing!).

So dust off your old modems and give Borderline BBS a call at (951)
242-3593.  For international callers, the country code is 1.  :)
0
Andrew

What about Lord Ronin's BBS in Astoria?

IIRC: It should still be around - although I haven't dialed to it lately.

"Andrew Wiskow" <wiskow@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just wanted to post a quick reminder that Borderline BBS is still
> alive and well.  It continues to be the ONLY Commodore-run dial-up BBS
> *anywhere* and is running 24/7 on a real Commodore 64 breadbox
> computer with Color 64 v7.37 software.
>
> Borderline BBS operates at 300/1200/2400 baud, and features 40/80
> column operation, ASCII/ANSI/PETSCII support, message bases, file
> transfers, and online games (Master's Empire 5.4, Stock Market, and
> Horse Racing!).
>
> So dust off your old modems and give Borderline BBS a call at (951)
> 242-3593.  For international callers, the country code is 1.  :)

0
Rick
1/5/2009 4:02:05 AM
On Jan 4, 8:02=A0pm, "Rick Balkins" <rickbalk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about Lord Ronin's BBS in Astoria?
>
> IIRC: It should still be around - although I haven't dialed to it lately.

Rick,

Lord Ronin's BBS has been offline for about 4 years now.  He claims to
be "working on getting it back online".  But, for the time being
anyway, Borderline BBS is the only Commodore-run dial-up BBS
*anywhere*.

-Andrew
0
Andrew
1/5/2009 9:00:47 PM
On Jan 4, 8:02 pm, "Rick Balkins" <rickbalk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about Lord Ronin's BBS in Astoria?
>
> IIRC: It should still be around - although I haven't dialed to it lately.

Rick,

Lord Ronin's BBS has been offline for about 4 years now.  He claims to
be "working on getting it back online".  But, for the time being
anyway, Borderline BBS is the only Commodore-run dial-up BBS
*anywhere*.

Umm, Commodore 8 bit maybe, but not the only "commodore run" BBS. I'm aware
of a few that are still dial-up on Amiga's. And my dial-up runs on a
Commodore PC-5 :)

cheers,

Lance

0
Lance
1/6/2009 2:44:15 AM
Hey, thanks for the response.

I would have thought it be back up. What is his hold up?

Maurice Randall? or is it #4.....  I have Color 64 BBS sitting around
somewhere.

"Lance Lyon" <landover@NOSPAMtpg.com.au> wrote in message

> "Andrew Wiskow" <wiskow@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 4, 8:02 pm, "Rick Balkins" <rickbalk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What about Lord Ronin's BBS in Astoria?
>>
>> IIRC: It should still be around - although I haven't dialed to it lately.
>>

> Rick,
>
> Lord Ronin's BBS has been offline for about 4 years now.  He claims to
> be "working on getting it back online".  But, for the time being
> anyway, Borderline BBS is the only Commodore-run dial-up BBS
> *anywhere*.
>

> Umm, Commodore 8 bit maybe, but not the only "commodore run" BBS. I'm
> aware of a few that are still dial-up on Amiga's. And my dial-up runs on a
> Commodore PC-5 :)
>
> cheers,
>
> Lance

0
Rick
1/6/2009 3:14:42 AM
On Jan 5, 6:44=A0pm, "Lance Lyon" <lando...@NOSPAMtpg.com.au> wrote:

> Umm, Commodore 8 bit maybe, but not the only "commodore run" BBS. I'm awa=
re
> of a few that are still dial-up on Amiga's. And my dial-up runs on a
> Commodore PC-5 :)

Thanks for that info, Lance.  I'll have to revise my BBS's "claim to
fame".  ;)
0
Andrew
1/8/2009 6:23:00 AM
On Jan 5, 7:14=A0pm, "Rick Balkins" <rickbalk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, thanks for the response.
>
> I would have thought it be back up. What is his hold up?
>
> Maurice Randall? or is it #4..... =A0I have Color 64 BBS sitting around
> somewhere.

It's a combination of issues.  Currently, health issues have slowed
things down.  His BBS runs on Centipede software on his C128D.  He
apparently wants to get it set up and running as close to possible as
it was before his CMD HD crashed and he sent it to Maurice Randall for
repair, never to be seen again.  If I were in his shoes, I would've
got it back up and running as soon as possible, even if that meant
starting over from scratch.  But that's just me...  ;)

If you're not already a member, feel free to join the ACUG (Anything
Commodore User Group) mailing list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/acug044=
7/
and read through the multitude of posts that Lord Ronin has left there
explaining the "goings on" of his BBS.

Also, for more information on ACUG, check out the website at
http://www.acug0447.com

-Andrew
0
Andrew
1/8/2009 6:31:20 AM
Sounds familiar. His excuse and much of health being him placing on himself.
I understand there were triggering events but still.
If it were me, I would take a different approach but he is him and that
topic should not be debated here anyway. It is just fustrating at times but
the fact is - he has to move forward and some stuff is lost until a court
order is made for the apprehension of Maurice Randall and the returning of
the items back to their respective owners.

On Jan 5, 7:14 pm, "Rick Balkins" <rickbalk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, thanks for the response.
>
> I would have thought it be back up. What is his hold up?
>
> Maurice Randall? or is it #4..... I have Color 64 BBS sitting around
> somewhere.

It's a combination of issues.  Currently, health issues have slowed
things down.  His BBS runs on Centipede software on his C128D.  He
apparently wants to get it set up and running as close to possible as
it was before his CMD HD crashed and he sent it to Maurice Randall for
repair, never to be seen again.  If I were in his shoes, I would've
got it back up and running as soon as possible, even if that meant
starting over from scratch.  But that's just me...  ;)

If you're not already a member, feel free to join the ACUG (Anything
Commodore User Group) mailing list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/acug0447/
and read through the multitude of posts that Lord Ronin has left there
explaining the "goings on" of his BBS.

Also, for more information on ACUG, check out the website at
http://www.acug0447.com

-Andrew

0
Rick

Cottonwood BBS & Borderline BBS
As of today, 10 January 2010, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs are back up and running. Thank you everyone for your support while I was away, and I hope you'll all continue to give your support by calling my boards. :) Call Borderline BBS at +1 (951)242-3593. "Call" Cottonwood BBS at cottonwood.servebbs.com:6400. Old Tech... Still alive and well in 2010! On Jan 10, 7:12=A0pm, Andrew Wiskow <wis...@gmail.com> wrote: > As of today, 10 January 2010, both Cottonwood and Borderline BBSs are > back up and running. =A0Thank you everyone for your support...

ATARI BBS GATEWAY (links to all Atari BBS's on one BBS!)
FamilyNet International Newsgate A long time & stable Dallas BBS, The Prison Board, has offered to provide a "Favorites page" for the Atari BBS users. Other users (like Tcropper) and I provided an up to date BBS list of the active Atari sites out there, and Rueben (PB Sysop) created a place you can go to, bring up an Atari telnet menu, and go directly to that Atari BBS. icon_smile.gif (Recently a Commodore BBS list has been added too.) Ever been curious to see the online world of Atari computers? Come check out the Prison Board BBS: 972-329-0781 (this number good for people want to try out Atari modems, and dialup means.) 216.62.20.217 (This IP number is great for Lantronix users, and has not changed for a considerable time.) [IP Still accurate April 13, 2008] (also telnet://rdfig.net) Trying to dial in with a stock Atari 300/1200 baud modem? You poor soul! But this has been less painful with a new feature. When you log in and the BBS asks for your log in name type "*[First name] [last name] [password]" and you'll skip over the log in screens and get taken directly to the main menu. Never has the online Atari world been so easy to access from your Atari computer. Simply call up the above system, get to the main menu, X for the internet menu, and then A for the Atari menu. From there, it is simply a matter of hitting 1 through 9 for the Atari BBS's. Atari BBS's in many cases run on real Atari compute...

[BBS ad] Landover Amiga BBS
Australia's oldest Amiga & Commodore 8 bit BBS has had a facelift. Our new web portal is now the front end to the BBS, featuring news snippets, access to our large filebase, entry to the telnet BBS & a new Forums area. Come & visit us at http://commodore.thebbs.org --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.520 / Virus Database: 318 - Release Date: 19/09/2003 ...

loli, loli bbs, bbs loli
http://kellykreations.com/loli-galleries.html http://kellykreations.com/loli-board.html http://kellykreations.com/loli-gallery-samples.html http://kellykreations.com/young-loli-bbs.html http://kellykreations.com/loli-hentai.html ...

the BBS
Is this URL still on line? I can't reach it. http://ti994a.thebbs.org/Catalog.asp Guillaume. ...

Commodore 64 BBS?
I am thinking about putting together a telnetable BBS on a Commodore 64 but I had a few questions. I have some experience with BBS software on a PC but none on a Commodore. What BBS software and PC modem emulation software combinations work well together? Is there any BBS software that will work well with 64HDD? Could I run the modem emulation software and 64HDD on the same PC? Are games specific to the particular BBS package or are they standard across programs? Where is a good place to download BBS software and games? I would like to put together a system that could run with 1 1541 drive a...

about bbs
could any body tell me a good bbs or forum about embedded system software development?thanks. "huxuelei630@gmail.com" wrote: > > could any body tell me a good bbs or forum about embedded system > software development?thanks. Try Usenet, on the comp.arch.embedded newsgroup. -- Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net) <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> Try the download section. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com CBFalconer wrote: > "huxuelei630@gmail.com" wrote: >> could any body tell me a good bbs or foru...

DIAL UP BBS INTEREST
I'm pondering the notion of firing up my masters kingdom BBS again on dialup and am doing a "demand survey" here to determine if there's anyone that's still interested in the old fashioned telephone dialup bbs's, or if EVERYONE is using Telnet now. I'm still seeking a nice Lantronix UDS unit(at least a model 1000, hopefully higher)for possible use to make an eventual telnet BBS as well. Right now i'm just wondering if anyone would call it if I turned it on (albeit I will give "fair warning" that as I only have 1 telephone number, it WILL BE AN EVENING ONLY BBS so we can still use the telephone during the day. So can I please get some input from everyone as to what they think about this matter please? Thanks a lot for your time and have a great week! Charles shifty_butch@hotmail.com wrote on 14. February 2013: > > I'm pondering the notion of firing up my masters kingdom BBS again on > dialup and am doing a "demand survey" here to determine if there's > anyone that's still interested in the old fashioned telephone dialup > bbs's, or if EVERYONE is using Telnet now. I'm still seeking a nice > Lantronix UDS unit(at least a model 1000, hopefully higher)for > possible use to make an eventual telnet BBS as well. Right now i'm > just wondering if anyone would call it if I turned it on (albeit I > will give "fair warning" that as I only h...

New Commodore BBS in Alabama!
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have put up a Commodore 64 BBS in FLorence, AL! It is called Deep Space Nine. I have been active since November of 2002. Give me a call sometime and let me know what you think! The number is listed below! Thanks! Dark Vulcan -DS9 SYSOP- Deep Space Nine BBS 256-760-0349 2400 baud! 24/7/365 CALL TODAY! ...

New Commodore Telnet BBS!!
Hi All: I have some good news, i have put up a new Telnet BBS running on a Commodore 128. Its called The Fourth Dimension, and is eagerly awaiting some new callers. The BBS is under construction, and will be going through some cosmetic changes, and is pretty quick. So give us a ring. telnet://fodi.bounceme.net -Steve stiggity wrote: > Hi All: > I have some good news, i have put up a new Telnet BBS running on a > Commodore 128. Its called The Fourth Dimension, and is eagerly awaiting > some new callers. The BBS is under construction, and will be going > through some cosmetic...

Commodore BBS Help needed
email six@NOSPAMdarklordsofchaos.com (remove NOSPAM) for details. I've been busily working on building a BBS for Windoze that closely mimics the old C64 CNet. I'd like to make it an online haven for folks who want to get online with their C64's and a terminal program. I've built some cool features into it, and the message bases, libraries, etc... are all functioning, but I need two things. 1, people to help test and maintain it, and 2, people who want to run forums. It'll go public once I get it staffed, and cater to C64/128/Amiga users primarily. Thx, S.o.D. ...

Commodore BBS Usenet Test
Hey guys... This is the first 'real' test of a module I've been working on for the BBS... a Usenet gateway for the Commodore 128. It's been working for a little while for inbound posts, but not for outbound. So far this module is called Netmessage 128 v.90 and it works in conjunction with a Windows box to posts the messages on the fly. Hopefully this makes it out into the ether okay... In article <568c4b13$0$62582$c3e8da3$dbd57e7@news.astraweb.com>, <Ice_Breaker@particlesbbs.dyndns.org> wrote: > > Hey guys... > > This is the f...

Commodore BBS Usenet Test #2
Hey guys... This is the first 'real' test of a module I've been working on for the BBS... a Usenet gateway for the Commodore 128. It's been working for a little while for inbound posts, but not for outbound. So far this module is called Netmessage 128 v.90 and it works in conjunction with a Windows box to posts the messages on the fly. Hopefully this makes it out into the ether okay... ==] From Particles! BBS - http://www.particles.org - The only Commodore 128 BBS on Usenet! ==] Posted via Netsender 128 v0.90 for Centipede BBS on the Commodore 128 ...

Re: Commodore BBS Help ne
Hoi Jeff : On 01 Sep'03, at 12:50, in a message to All , you Scribed: JE> Visit my site, http://www.petscii.com JE> I've been documenting the progress of the TelBBS scene. Many thanks, I'll look it after work today. BCNU Lord Ronin from Q-Link {Sensei} David O.E. Mohr SysOp of "The Village" BBS 24/7 multiplatform 503-325-2905 Chancellor of Amiga & Commodore Users Group #447 .... Cthulhu Computing: When we say Random Access we MEAN IT! -=- QWKRR128 V5.10 [R] -- D4 C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C=...

Commodore BBS Help needed #2
Hoi Six : On 27 Aug'03, at 18:51, in a message to All , you Scribed: SD> I've been busily working on building a SD> BBS for Windoze that closely mimics SD> the old C64 CNet. I'd like to make it an SD> online haven for folks who want SD> to get online with their C64's and a SD> terminal program. I've built some SD> cool features into it, and the message SD> bases, libraries, etc... are all SD> functioning, but I need two things. 1, SD> people to help test and maintain SD> it, and 2, people who want to run forums....

Commodore, Amiga & 8 bit BBS
Landover BBS Online since 16/10/1987 http://commodore.thebbs.org telnet://commodore.thebbs.org We have thousands of files online, supporting : * Amiga * Commodore 8 bit range * Atari ST * MSX * PC/MS DOS Messages : * Fidonet echos * Local forums * Gated newsgroups * Genealogy echos New! The Australian BBS Project - an attempt to list every Australian BBS since the start of the hobby. ...

Need help testing a fledgling dial up BBS
Hello all, After a long period of procrastination I have finally brought up a fledgling BBS on a real C64 using dialup. Nothing fancy at this point - there is still a LOT of work to do. I would like to ask for assistance in testing what I have so far to make sure I have resolved some phone line issues. Here is the information: Citadel 64= BBS 209-845-2641 2400bps Stock "Breadbox" C64 One 1581 and some 1541s Color 64 BBS v8 Sysop: chiefnerd Please be gentle ;) chiefnerd= On Jul 27, 12:49=A0am, chiefnerd <chiefn...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > After a long period o...

Citadel 64 dial-up BBS invitation and updates
Hello all, Just wanted to invite you to dust off your Commodore and enjoy some vintage dial-up BBSing at: Citadel 64= BBS 209-845-2641 @ 2400bps Color 64 BBS v8 If you sign up as a new user, please leave me your email address in Feedback so I can let you know when your privileges are escalated. Some new message boards have been added to the BBS: General Discussion Science Fiction Commodore Tech Non-Commodore Tech HAM Radio Dial-up BBS List Please feel free to suggest other interesting categories. I might be available to chat if you Page the Sysop. chiefnerd= ...

513/606 (Cincinnati) Commodore BBS Scene page updated
http://www.darklordsofchaos.com/513606.asp I've updated the site to include downloadable demos from the old days in the scene. Screenshots are up for most of the good ones. I'll be adding more in the days to come. Anyway, if you're a collector of these local scene demos, come and get 'em. S.o.D. ...

commodore telnet server and other 8bits bbs will it work w/apple2
perhaps this is old news to folks on here or there is an equiv program for apple 2 tricks of this sort but it trip'd over the following commodore telnet bbs server 1.2 it allows an old bbs with an serial connection to get on the internet via a windows based server app on a internet capable machine.. here is the link http://www.jammingsignal.com/files/BBS%20Server%201.2%20Manual.pdf perhaps it is nothing new like the terry olsen bbs server program with the boycott bbs i simply post it here because it says it works with other 8bit bbs pkgs/machines so i assume that would include an...

Particles! BBS
--------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

New BBS
A Taste of CoCo BBS and Forum is newly re-designed for both the Color Computer and the PC. It's still undergoing revamping, but soon (with the help of visitors) we'll have a good bit of information about the CoCo. We are a member of the CoCo Community, and CoCo Web Ring. OnLine games-Legend of the Red Dragon, TradeWars 2002 Legend of the Green Dragon at http://squareone.no-ip.org/dragon/logd.htm Message bases-FidoNet, SkyNet, Justanet Download files-for both PC and CoCo (contributions for CoCo software needed) Public forums-To discuss CoCo and it's siblings. I...

The DarkForce! BBS is...
Back up and running folks. I finally got another Lantronix box in. They no longer make the UDS10, so I had to get the 1100. Happily, I can report that it seems to function indentically to the UDS10, at least as far as working with my BBS goes. Apologies for taking so long, and many thanks to all our patient callers. The Fuji Lives! :) -- Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!" An Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org I also put the St Guild Back online also. 4 Gigs Of Atari Files. telnet://stguild-bbs.dyndns.org/ "Ronald J. Hall" <darklord@suddenlink.net> wrote in message news:pan.2008.02.16.20.28.24.570208@suddenlink.net... > > Back up and running folks. I finally got another Lantronix box in. They no > longer make the UDS10, so I had to get the 1100. Happily, I can report > that it seems to function indentically to the UDS10, at least as far as > working with my BBS goes. > > Apologies for taking so long, and many thanks to all our patient callers. > > The Fuji Lives! :) > > -- > Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!" > An Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org > > On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:37:41 -0500, Chuck B wrote: > I also put the St Guild Back online also. > > 4 Gigs Of Atari Files. > > telnet://stguild-bbs.dyndns.org/ Alright, way to ...

Particles! BBS
Particles! BBS ============== http://www.particles.org, telnet://particlesbbs.dyndns.org:6400, telnet://particlesbbs.hopto.org:6400 Been around since 1992... which is like, an eternity in computer-time. What Is It? =========== It's a BBS running Centipede on a Commodore 128D with message bases dedicated to old computer goodness. Also: [+] 10000s of files for the Commodore 64, Vic-20, 128, Plus/4 (NTSC), CP/M and GEOS [+] 1000s of NTSC Plus/4 files with more being converted all the time. [+] Over 100 file areas so far, still adding more [+] 60+ online games...

Web resources about - Borderline BBS - the only Commodore dial-up BBS - comp.sys.cbm

Borderline (Madonna song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Borderline " is a song by American recording artist Madonna from her self-titled debut album . It was released on February 15, 1984 as the ...

Photokaos - Thème : Hacking/TAZ/Utopies - Borderline Biennale 2011 Image_00014 - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
&quot;Survive the Apocalypse&quot; www.borderlinebiennale.tv/ Preview 2011 Borderline Biennial at the Abode of Chaos adult only blog.ehrmann ...

Simon Bostock - Inbound [Borderline] - YouTube
OUT ON BEATPORT: 11th February 2013 OUT IN ALL DOWNLOAD STORES: 25th February 2013 Simon Bostock has been building a successful career over the ...

Demands on State of Origin stars are 'borderline ridiculous': Johnathan Thurston
Johnathan Thurston has continued to speak out about scheduling around Origin, saying the expectation on players has become 'borderline ridiculous'. ...

The incredible Petero borderlines on superhuman
The incredible Petero borderlines on superhuman

Chrissie Swan’s ‘borderline sex addiction’
CHRISSIE Swan has candidly confessed she had a &#8220;borderline sex addiction&#8221; in her late 20s after coming out of an eight year relationship. ...

US-Mexico fence is a borderline solution
With thousands crossing unchecked into the US from Mexico and beyond every year, a multi-billion-dollar border fence has been built to try to ...

What Borderline Personality Disorder feels like (03:32)
As a child Sonia Neale did not understand why she would not get invited to parties. She was later diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. ...

Fawad Ahmed asylum case: Spin-bowler 'got special treatment' in borderline citizenship case
The Immigration Department had major concerns about the way Fawad Ahmed got a permanent visa, documents show.

Borderline Art
China Daily Borderline Art China Daily Working on a tiny sliver of land, separating the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Russia and ...