https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeXvCZmC8w

(imho, it hardly could)

frank

On 2016-11-08 12:59, frank : All wrote:
> .. than this?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeXvCZmC8w
>
> (imho, it hardly could)

I haven't seen it all through, but its awesome.

0
nospam
11/8/2016 5:45:48 AM
On 8/11/2016 9:59 PM, frank wrote:
> ... than this?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeXvCZmC8w
>
> (imho, it hardly could)

It is very good!
0
Clocky
11/8/2016 9:12:58 PM
 > On 2016-11-08 12:59, frank : All wrote:
 > > .. than this?
 > >
 > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeXvCZmC8w
 > >
 > > (imho, it hardly could)
 >
 > I haven't seen it all through, but its awesome.

Indeed!

Mike
0
nospam
11/9/2016 7:42:00 AM
frank <frank@invalid.net> writes:

> ... than this?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeXvCZmC8w
>
> (imho, it hardly could)

I agree but on the other hand, it (meaning the demo Concert by
Performers) apparently placed only fourth in X2016. Seems like the
competition must've been quite touch if this is "only" fourth best... I
guess borrowing musics and graphics might be seen as a negative by some.

I think I'll try to see some other demos from the competition. Results
for the various competitions are at http://csdb.dk/event/?id=2299
0
Anssi
11/10/2016 2:10:54 PM
Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote:
> frank <frank@invalid.net> writes:
>
>> ... than this?
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeXvCZmC8w
>>
>> (imho, it hardly could)
>
> I agree but on the other hand, it (meaning the demo Concert by
> Performers) apparently placed only fourth in X2016. Seems like the
> competition must've been quite touch if this is "only" fourth best... I
> guess borrowing musics and graphics might be seen as a negative by some.

yes, I've seen almost all the first 10 demos. Most of them are technically
impressive (I'm not a C64 coder anyway, I can write good 6502 standard asm
only). However the music is borrowed but not just glued into the demo
as it was, if you know the original, you can clearly hear that they
re-coded it differently.
Then there's the story behind it (the original 1986 concert),
then there're lots of small details that most of us having a C64 since 30
years or more, do recognize and remember.
If I were the only judge, this would be my winner.
I have no idea how the various demos were classified into the competition.
I guess the technical coding aspect were prevailing.

frank
11/11/2016 8:47:25 AM
On 11/11/2016 4:47 PM, frank wrote:
> Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote:
>> frank <frank@invalid.net> writes:
>>
>>> ... than this?
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeXvCZmC8w
>>>
>>> (imho, it hardly could)
>>
>> I agree but on the other hand, it (meaning the demo Concert by
>> Performers) apparently placed only fourth in X2016. Seems like the
>> competition must've been quite touch if this is "only" fourth best... I
>> guess borrowing musics and graphics might be seen as a negative by some.
>
> yes, I've seen almost all the first 10 demos. Most of them are technically
> impressive (I'm not a C64 coder anyway, I can write good 6502 standard asm
> only). However the music is borrowed but not just glued into the demo
> as it was, if you know the original, you can clearly hear that they
> re-coded it differently.
> Then there's the story behind it (the original 1986 concert),
> then there're lots of small details that most of us having a C64 since 30
> years or more, do recognize and remember.
> If I were the only judge, this would be my winner.
> I have no idea how the various demos were classified into the competition.
> I guess the technical coding aspect were prevailing.

The quality of the demos overall is astonishing. Who would have thought
that 30+ years on the C64 still hasn't given up all it's secrets and
just keeps on delivering.

Credit to the original designers and the coders, wonderful stuff.

0
Clocky