CBM-Command Version 1.6 - All Users Should Upgrade!

There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of
file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause
directory corruption.  Please discard any version older than 7/26/2010
(Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!

http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com
0
plbyrd75 (110)
7/28/2010 2:28:35 AM
comp.sys.cbm 13960 articles. 0 followers. dunric (341) is leader. Post Follow

On Jul 27, 10:28=A0pm, Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of
> file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause
> directory corruption. =A0Please discard any version older than 7/26/2010
> (Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!
>
> http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com

Hello Payton,

I finally got around to trying this on real hardware so that I could
transfer some files from my CMD-HD to the uIEC.

I really like the concept, but I have to say, scrolling down through
the files in the directory is very slow.  I know I've mentioned this
before, but I believe it has to do with the way you are re-drawing the
file list and the resulting flashing.  I know you stated that you were
doing it that way for code-portability between systems, but I really
think that to make this thing really sing, you may need to investigate
another approach.

Do you cache ahead any of the file entries, or only read them as
needed?  Not that I'm a Vic 20 or C128 hater, but I think specific
versions for specific platforms, in this case, make sense.

Did you say you were writing this in C or is this pure assembly?

Also, can this tool remove a directory during deletes, or traverse a
directory when copying?  I couldn't seem to get it to delete a
directory.

Anyway, I managed to complete what I needed, and the progress meter
and such during the copy was a nice touch.  I can appreciate the
efforts you've put into this tool.

Jerry
0
Jerry
7/30/2010 7:42:06 PM
On Jul 30, 2:42=A0pm, Jerry Kurtz <jerryku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 10:28=A0pm, Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of
> > file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause
> > directory corruption. =A0Please discard any version older than 7/26/201=
0
> > (Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!
>
> >http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com
>
> Hello Payton,
>
> I finally got around to trying this on real hardware so that I could
> transfer some files from my CMD-HD to the uIEC.

This is a good combination of drives.  You are fortunate.

> I really like the concept, but I have to say, scrolling down through
> the files in the directory is very slow. =A0I know I've mentioned this
> before, but I believe it has to do with the way you are re-drawing the
> file list and the resulting flashing. =A0I know you stated that you were
> doing it that way for code-portability between systems, but I really
> think that to make this thing really sing, you may need to investigate
> another approach.

I'm sorry, but there's no other way to redraw the screen without
poking to the screen memory and I'm not going down that road.  I know
scrolling is a pain, which is why I added Page Up (plus key) and Page
Down (minus key) and moving to the top (Up arrow) and to the bottom
(SHIFT-Up arrow).

> Do you cache ahead any of the file entries, or only read them as
> needed? =A0Not that I'm a Vic 20 or C128 hater, but I think specific
> versions for specific platforms, in this case, make sense.

Yes, I cache 30 records at a time, 19 (17 on the VIC) of which are
displayed at any time.  There's not enough RAM to cache any more than
this because you have to remember that with two panels that's 60
records in RAM at once, each having an overhead of over 20 bytes, it
takes over 1K just to cache the sliding windows for the two panels.

> Did you say you were writing this in C or is this pure assembly?

It's written in C with a couple of very small assembly routines to
make saving and retrieving screens faster.

> Also, can this tool remove a directory during deletes, or traverse a
> directory when copying? =A0I couldn't seem to get it to delete a
> directory.

This is up to the drive in question.  If you select a directory and
hit F8 to delete it, it simply sends a S0:DIRNAME to the drive and
it's up to the drive to decide whether or not to delete the directory.

> Anyway, I managed to complete what I needed, and the progress meter
> and such during the copy was a nice touch. =A0I can appreciate the
> efforts you've put into this tool.

Thanks, it's been a pleasure working on CBM-Command and I'm always
glad to hear when it's been useful for somebody.

0
Payton
7/30/2010 8:35:54 PM
Payton Byrd <plbyrd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I cache 30 records at a time, 19 (17 on the VIC) of which are
> displayed at any time.  There's not enough RAM to cache any more than
> this because you have to remember that with two panels that's 60
> records in RAM at once, each having an overhead of over 20 bytes, it
> takes over 1K just to cache the sliding windows for the two panels.

this is an issue on vic 20 or also on c64? how many RAM do you use?

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HVSC & C64Intros ---=[]=-
My software never has bugs.  It just develops random features!

0
iAN
7/30/2010 9:03:25 PM
On Jul 30, 4:03=A0pm, "iAN CooG" <GETianRIDc...@OFemailME.it.invalid>
wrote:
> Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I cache 30 records at a time, 19 (17 on the VIC) of which are
> > displayed at any time. =A0There's not enough RAM to cache any more than
> > this because you have to remember that with two panels that's 60
> > records in RAM at once, each having an overhead of over 20 bytes, it
> > takes over 1K just to cache the sliding windows for the two panels.
>
> this is an issue on vic 20 or also on c64? how many RAM do you use?

You have to remember, this is running in the cc65 runtime, there's
several pre-defined segments of ram, and after they are all
initialized the heap isn't all that big.  To ensure that memory always
exists for the 60 sliding window entries the memory is not dynamically
allocated, so the linker automatically blocks off the ram for this.  I
could tinker to find a bigger sliding window size at the risk of
blowing up something else, such as the heap, which is used for
dynamically allocated structures such as the selected files array.
This problem exists for all the platforms, not any one in particular.
0
Payton
8/2/2010 1:18:36 AM
On Jul 27, 10:28=A0pm, Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of
> file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause
> directory corruption. =A0Please discard any version older than 7/26/2010
> (Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!
>
> http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com

Here is my setup.  C64, 1541 as drive 8 (or 9 depending on my switch),
uIEC CF as 10 and CMD HD as 12

If I load cmbcommand from any drive, it always tries to read the
directory of drive 8 to start with.  I rarely have a disk in drive 8
so you know what happens then.  My thinking is that it should default
to the boot drive when it starts up.

I do also agree with the other posts about scrolling/selecting files
is way too slow.  Please realize that on a HD we could have several
hundred files.

Other than that, its a great program and works well.
0
JB

ccna commands
Hello World, I would have a list of all the commands requested by CCNA. Someone could help me? Thank you very much Best regards. Mario Calvi Mario Calvi wrote: > Hello World, > I would have a list of all the commands requested by CCNA. > Someone could help me? > Thank you very much > > Best regards. > > Mario Calvi > > http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-801.html > I would have a list of all the commands requested by CCNA. I bought the Cisco Press "Self Study" Book that covered the CCNA and found it satisfactory. (sor...

ISA PNP broken in 2.6?
Hi all, I've got an older laptop whose sound card is an ISA device, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to make it visible under Linux in 2.6. I've enabled PnP, and I have tried enabling the new PnP BIOS feature, and no matter what, neither the Soundblaster 16 ports nor the native CS4237b ports are visible, either to ALSA or to pnpdump. Can anyone tell me how I can simply specify to PnP a given device has a given I/O port address range, uses a certain IRQ and DMA? I've tried using the PnP config file but it always gets rejected as bad syntax. Also, sound is defin...

Show Running-Config command
Hi All, I am using "show running-config" command for doing some reporting on configuration. So is there any specific know format of config file which I need to look at? I am parsing this config file for the information required, for displaying in a better manner. Is there any complete documentation on this command? Thanks. > Hi All, > I am using "show running-config" command for doing some reporting on > configuration. > > So is there any specific know format of config file which I need to > look at? I am parsing this config file for the information re...

vb6 access 97 to 2003 upgrade
hello I have a VB6 project which currently accesses a Access 97 database. I now need to upgrade to access 2003 (yeah I know we're behind and I am upgrading to c# later - this is an intermediate step) the project references when using access 97 were: Microsoft DAO 3.51 Object Library Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library the project references when using access 2003 are: DAO360.DLL#Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.8 Library (I checked Recordset 2.7 Library but ...

Command to get Z value from contour plot when [ X Y] are given
Hi, Let us say I have Z values at some distinct X,Y - say(0,0) (0,10) (0,20),(0,30) ,(10,10),(10,20),(10,30). I have plotted this [X Y Z] set using contour plot. In this contour plot, I see interpolated values at intermediate (X,Y) locations say ( 0,2) (0,5) , (3, 14) etc. Using "Data Cursor" feature on plot, I could see Z values at all such intermediate (X,Y) points which are of my interest values . My problem now is: I have to get Z values from thousands of such intermediate (X,Y) points. And it is difficult for me to find Z value using 'data cursor'. How can do ...

FAQ: comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc miniFAQ (short version) #560
FAQ FOR NEWSGROUPS: COMP.LANG.PASCAL.DELPHI.MISC, ALT.COMP.LANG.BORLAND-DELPHI Version: 2006-09-16 First maintainer: Esther Michaels Current maintainer: Maarten Wiltink (Evil miniFAQ Boss) Posting schedule: Short version every Sunday, full version every first of the month Copyright 2001-2006 the current maintainer, all rights reserved except the right to re-distribute the current document. Even better: give out the URL. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Latest version: http://www.bancoems.com/CompLangPascalDelphiMisc-MiniFAQ...

last typed matlab command
Hi All, Is there a matlab command that would return the last typed command in the prompt. Thanks! -Kumar "Kumar " <rsskumar@stanford.edu> wrote in message <gbgp1d$126$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi All, > Is there a matlab command that would return the last typed command in the prompt. > > Thanks! > -Kumar Use the up arrow key "someone " <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message <gbgp8t$3qd$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "Kumar " <rsskumar@stanford.edu> wrote in message <gbgp1d$126$1@fred.mathworks.com>... >...

really long commands in xemacs/emacs shell truncated
I'm doning a really long command in xemacs shell. Something like this: <MY_COMMAND> <option1> <option2> ... <optionN> WHen I run the command from either the xemacs (v [version 21.4.15; July 2007]) or emacs (v 21.3.1) the command doesn't get executed. I then hit [ENTER] and this gets executed: <MY_COMMAND> <option1> <optio essentially gets trucated. Is there a variable I can set to disable this or extend the max trucated length. BTW, I can cut and paste the same initial command to an xterm and everything works fine. Neve...

find command #2

Problem with "system" and the linux "su" command
I'm trying to write a little C program to run under linux, which must gain root so it can then shutdown the computer. I can get the code to execute the su command via system("su"), but once su comes into action, my program it's halted and su takes over. Because of this, I can't get my program to write the password su asks. I habe no idea on how to get C to communicate with other running processes such as su, but I understand it can be done. Any ideas on how I can achieve this? Martin Sigwald msigwald@gmail.com wrote: > I'm trying to write a little C program to ...

make buildworld of 6.0 under 4.10
This is supposed to be doable isn't it? Yet I see the build for "make" can't find stdint.h ... What am I missing? On 3 May 2006 21:14:24 -0700 rich@math.missouri.edu wrote: > This is supposed to be doable isn't it? No it isn't you need to be running quite a late 5.x or better to build 6.x. -- C:>WIN | Directable Mirror Arrays The computer obeys and wins. | A better way to focus the sun You lose and Bill collects. | licences available see ...

How to redirect the user
Hi. I've got a problem with long URL's. I'm developing a web app specifically for mobile devices. The problem is that I must redirect the user to some other site and some of these little bastards have a URL length limit (such as the Motorola V300, which has a limit of 100 characters), yet the URL has 200+ characters. I'm currently using response.sendRedirect on a servlet. I can use a java.net.URL object to do the request and send it to the user, but the redirection needed isn't happening. I suppose that a POST form instead of a redirection could work, but that solution wo...

distutil: how do a post-install command like create a soft link? ..or where add command to setup.py??
how do a post-install command like create a soft link? ..or where add command to setup.py?? I want to create a soft link automagically when user installs this program. Chris ...

*** ANNOUNCE: SML/NJ working version 110.64 available ***
[ Apologies if you see this more than once. I am currently experiencing difficulties posting news. -Matthias ] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Standard ML of New Jersey Version 110.64 NEWS May 31, 2007 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SML/NJ HOME: http://www.smlnj.org/index.html FILES: http://smlnj.cs.uchicago.edu/dist/working/110.64/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Summary: Many of the...

Command Line data Inserts
I've been off the green screen for a while. Forgive me if this is a bit obvious. I would like to manually create an FTP Script File - without the use of REXX. Preferably - I'd like to write each of the four scriptfile lines using CL. Insert: username password Insert: ASCII Insert: library/filename destinationfolder/filename Insert: QUIT I have developers that are not REXX literate (and I am, barely). If I could do the file create, the line-data inserts, and the file close - directly with the use of command-lines, it would solve a huge headache. Any thoughts would be appr...

Squeak Command Menu?
Hi, could someone tell me where I can find the popup menu in Squeak that contains the following commands: Print It Do it Accept and so on Thanks in advance, -Conrad Conrad wrote: > Hi, could someone tell me where I can find the popup menu in Squeak > that contains the following commands: > > Print It > Do it > Accept > and so on > > Thanks in advance, > > -Conrad > Squeak has the really useful yellow-button menu entry "method strings with it (E)" Selecting "print it" and using "method strings wi...

Verizon Wireless to slow down users with unlimited 4G LTE plans
Verizon Wireless to slow down users with unlimited 4G LTE plans Throttling eases congestion-but data caps apply even when there's no congestion. by Jon Brodkin July 25 2014 Ars Technica http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/07/verizon-wireless-to-slow-down-users-with-unlimited-4g-lte-plans/ ...

? previous version of guide
Hi: How to get previous version of guide? I used to desing some GUIs when our school is providing Matlab version 5, and I am more familar with that. Now there are newer version of guide and Matlab but I am not familar with them. Where can I get guide version 5 and can I still run it in new version of MatLab, say, v6 or v7? Thanks, by Cheng Cosine May/11/2k6 NC ...

shell command into an AWK Script
Hi ALL, I want to create my own variable: mydate=date '+%y%m%d%n-%H%M' how can I do this in an AWK script? more general: how can I make an AWK script execute a shell command? thanks 4 u GNU:(GNU Needs UNIX)Needs UNIX)Needs UNIX... 2004-07-5, 01:59(-07), RMH: > I want to create my own variable: > > mydate=date '+%y%m%d%n-%H%M' > > how can I do this in an AWK script? > > more general: how can I make an AWK script execute a shell command? [...] With awk (not oawk): awk 'BEGIN { cmd="date '+%y%m%d%n-%H%M'" while ((cmd | ge...

commande onclick/pb dates
je ne sais pas si c'est bien l'endroit o� poser ces questions, mais j'ai 2 autres petits probl�mes � r�gler. Je d�bute en php, vous allez peut-�tre trouver les questions faciles, tant mieux dans ce cas: 1) dans ma table transac (transactions) j'ai un champ bordereau qui vaut NULL ou 1 qui permet de savoir si la transaction a �t� relev�e par la banque ou non. J'ai mis en place dans le fichier php d'affichage des transaction ceci: <? if ($row["bordereau"]==1) {?> <INPUT type=checkbox name=valide value="caseacocher" checked> <? } else {...

which 2.6 linux PPS API for oncore modules??
I have just got an ONCORE VP and am trying to tie it to my Mandrake 2.6.8.1 distrib with ntp 4.2.0. I have reconfigured, with ./configure --enable-ONCORE and connected it to my homegrown pc's serial port 1 with the modules PPS output is cabled to the DCD line. I have the links: [root@quark dev]# ls -l oncore* lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Aug 8 15:11 oncore.pps.1 -> ttyS1 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Aug 8 15:10 oncore.serial.1 -> ttyS1 and ntp.conf lines:- server 127.127.30.1 fudge 127.127.30.1 stratum 0 refid VP-1 my ntp.oncore.1 config file has [root@quark dev]# cat /etc/ntp...

CTAN upload notification: xcolor 1.04
----- Forwarded message from ctan-upload ----- Name of contribution: xcolor 1.04 Name and email: Uwe Kern Suggested location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/xcolor Summary description: Driver-independent color extensions for LaTeX and pdfLaTeX License type: lppl Announcement text: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 2003/11/09 v1.04 * New feature: easy access to current color within color expressions. * New option: `override' to replace \definecolor by \xdefinecolor. * New command: \tracingcolors for logging color-specific information. ----- End forwarded ...

How to send AT commands to COM serial port in DOS. #2
Hi all, I working in TC++ 3.0 enviornment. Please help me with this problem. To send AT commands to COM serial port in DOS. I need a sample code. Thanks ...

Ping command + Time
Hi All! I need to ping an host with time and date in the reply. It's possible in some way? An option or a tool maybe...... Pls help me! Regards, Paolo Tokinux <pbarbieri@libero.it> wrote: > I need to ping an host with time and date in the reply. I presume you mean the host's time and date, rather than the system from which you send the "ping?" > It's possible in some way? *) install inetd/xinetd and enable the daytime service. $ telnet somehost daytime Trying... Connected to somehost. Escape character is '^]'. Tue Sep 12 12:55:55 PDT 2006 ...

Online Reference for TCL Commands
Is there one? Thanks, Dave Feustel -- Using OpenBSD with or without X & KDE? http://dfeustel.home.mindspring.com At 2006-06-21 01:26PM, dfeustel@mindspring.com <dfeustel@mindspring.com> wrote: > Is there one? http://www.tcl.tk/man -- Glenn Jackman Ulterior Designer In article <6jfmg.12971$nS5.3101@trnddc07>, <dfeustel@mindspring.com> wrote: >Is there one? . . . <URL: http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/contents.htm > Cameron Laird <claird@lairds.us> wrote: > <URL: http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/contents.htm > Thanks! ...