CBM-Command Version 1.6 - All Users Should Upgrade!

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of
file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause
directory corruption.  Please discard any version older than 7/26/2010
(Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!

http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com
0
Reply plbyrd75 (110) 7/28/2010 2:28:35 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Jul 27, 10:28=A0pm, Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of
> file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause
> directory corruption. =A0Please discard any version older than 7/26/2010
> (Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!
>
> http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com

Hello Payton,

I finally got around to trying this on real hardware so that I could
transfer some files from my CMD-HD to the uIEC.

I really like the concept, but I have to say, scrolling down through
the files in the directory is very slow.  I know I've mentioned this
before, but I believe it has to do with the way you are re-drawing the
file list and the resulting flashing.  I know you stated that you were
doing it that way for code-portability between systems, but I really
think that to make this thing really sing, you may need to investigate
another approach.

Do you cache ahead any of the file entries, or only read them as
needed?  Not that I'm a Vic 20 or C128 hater, but I think specific
versions for specific platforms, in this case, make sense.

Did you say you were writing this in C or is this pure assembly?

Also, can this tool remove a directory during deletes, or traverse a
directory when copying?  I couldn't seem to get it to delete a
directory.

Anyway, I managed to complete what I needed, and the progress meter
and such during the copy was a nice touch.  I can appreciate the
efforts you've put into this tool.

Jerry
0
Reply Jerry 7/30/2010 7:42:06 PM

On Jul 30, 2:42=A0pm, Jerry Kurtz <jerryku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 27, 10:28=A0pm, Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of
> > file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause
> > directory corruption. =A0Please discard any version older than 7/26/201=
0
> > (Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!
>
> >http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com
>
> Hello Payton,
>
> I finally got around to trying this on real hardware so that I could
> transfer some files from my CMD-HD to the uIEC.

This is a good combination of drives.  You are fortunate.

> I really like the concept, but I have to say, scrolling down through
> the files in the directory is very slow. =A0I know I've mentioned this
> before, but I believe it has to do with the way you are re-drawing the
> file list and the resulting flashing. =A0I know you stated that you were
> doing it that way for code-portability between systems, but I really
> think that to make this thing really sing, you may need to investigate
> another approach.

I'm sorry, but there's no other way to redraw the screen without
poking to the screen memory and I'm not going down that road.  I know
scrolling is a pain, which is why I added Page Up (plus key) and Page
Down (minus key) and moving to the top (Up arrow) and to the bottom
(SHIFT-Up arrow).

> Do you cache ahead any of the file entries, or only read them as
> needed? =A0Not that I'm a Vic 20 or C128 hater, but I think specific
> versions for specific platforms, in this case, make sense.

Yes, I cache 30 records at a time, 19 (17 on the VIC) of which are
displayed at any time.  There's not enough RAM to cache any more than
this because you have to remember that with two panels that's 60
records in RAM at once, each having an overhead of over 20 bytes, it
takes over 1K just to cache the sliding windows for the two panels.

> Did you say you were writing this in C or is this pure assembly?

It's written in C with a couple of very small assembly routines to
make saving and retrieving screens faster.

> Also, can this tool remove a directory during deletes, or traverse a
> directory when copying? =A0I couldn't seem to get it to delete a
> directory.

This is up to the drive in question.  If you select a directory and
hit F8 to delete it, it simply sends a S0:DIRNAME to the drive and
it's up to the drive to decide whether or not to delete the directory.

> Anyway, I managed to complete what I needed, and the progress meter
> and such during the copy was a nice touch. =A0I can appreciate the
> efforts you've put into this tool.

Thanks, it's been a pleasure working on CBM-Command and I'm always
glad to hear when it's been useful for somebody.

0
Reply Payton 7/30/2010 8:35:54 PM

Payton Byrd <plbyrd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I cache 30 records at a time, 19 (17 on the VIC) of which are
> displayed at any time.  There's not enough RAM to cache any more than
> this because you have to remember that with two panels that's 60
> records in RAM at once, each having an overhead of over 20 bytes, it
> takes over 1K just to cache the sliding windows for the two panels.

this is an issue on vic 20 or also on c64? how many RAM do you use?

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HVSC & C64Intros ---=[]=-
My software never has bugs.  It just develops random features!

0
Reply iAN 7/30/2010 9:03:25 PM

On Jul 30, 4:03=A0pm, "iAN CooG" <GETianRIDc...@OFemailME.it.invalid>
wrote:
> Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I cache 30 records at a time, 19 (17 on the VIC) of which are
> > displayed at any time. =A0There's not enough RAM to cache any more than
> > this because you have to remember that with two panels that's 60
> > records in RAM at once, each having an overhead of over 20 bytes, it
> > takes over 1K just to cache the sliding windows for the two panels.
>
> this is an issue on vic 20 or also on c64? how many RAM do you use?

You have to remember, this is running in the cc65 runtime, there's
several pre-defined segments of ram, and after they are all
initialized the heap isn't all that big.  To ensure that memory always
exists for the 60 sliding window entries the memory is not dynamically
allocated, so the linker automatically blocks off the ram for this.  I
could tinker to find a bigger sliding window size at the risk of
blowing up something else, such as the heap, which is used for
dynamically allocated structures such as the selected files array.
This problem exists for all the platforms, not any one in particular.
0
Reply Payton 8/2/2010 1:18:36 AM

On Jul 27, 10:28=A0pm, Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of
> file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause
> directory corruption. =A0Please discard any version older than 7/26/2010
> (Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!
>
> http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com

Here is my setup.  C64, 1541 as drive 8 (or 9 depending on my switch),
uIEC CF as 10 and CMD HD as 12

If I load cmbcommand from any drive, it always tries to read the
directory of drive 8 to start with.  I rarely have a disk in drive 8
so you know what happens then.  My thinking is that it should default
to the boot drive when it starts up.

I do also agree with the other posts about scrolling/selecting files
is way too slow.  Please realize that on a HD we could have several
hundred files.

Other than that, its a great program and works well.
0
Reply JB 8/2/2010 1:15:45 PM
comp.sys.cbm 13706 articles. 12 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Re: [tao-users] AMH Server replies in GIOP Version 1.2, inspite of specifying the protocol version 1.0 in the ORBListenEndpoints command-line argument
Hi Steve, Thanks for using the PRF! > TAO VERSION: 1.6.3 > ACE VERSION: 5.6.3 >=20 > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >=20 > OS =3D Red Hat Enterprise Linux, 2.6.9-67.ELsmp > GCC =3D 4.2.2 >=20 > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): =C2=85=C2=85=C2=85=C2=85= =C2=85=C2=85=C2=85=C2=85. >=20 > Same as HOST >=20 > THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: =C2=85=C2=85=C2=85=C2=85=C2=85=C2=85= =C2=85=C2=85. >=20 > #ifndef ACE_CONFIG_H &g...

CBM-Command Version 2.1
After a lot of time put in by Greg King, a new version of CBM-Command is ready for release candidate. As always, you can download the latest version (and most previous versions) at the official project website: http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com Thanks, Payton & Greg ...

[tao-users] The same problem compiling tao Hello test in ARM9 with the last versions TAO-1.6.8 and ACE-5.6.8
--000e0cd247e4cdac350464af1fc3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I probe with this versions and is the same problem.. TAO VERSION: 1.6.8 ACE VERSION: 5.6.8 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Athlon(TM) 1200 Mhz, RAM DIMM 256Mb, HDD 20 Gb Linux Debian 2.6.18-6-686 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: ARM926EJ-S with kernel linux embebed 2.4.20-celf3 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: config-linux.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE: platform_ARM.GNU (se...

[ace-users] ACE VERSION: 5.6.8 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux Debian on x86 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): g++-4.1.2 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: config-linux.h THE $ACE_ROOT/inc
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 004800E0C1257577_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION: 5.6.8 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Linux Debian on x86 COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):=20 g++-4.1.2 THE $ACE=5FROOT/ace/config.h: config-linux.h THE $ACE=5FROOT/include/makeinclude/platform=5Fmacros.GNU FILE: platform=5Flinux.GNU CONTENTS OF $ACE=5FROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features (unmodified): AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Signal ...

CBM-Command Version 1.0 Released
The official release of CBM-Command is here! I want to thank all the folks who've tested, supported and critiqued the project; you have all made it better. Please see the website at http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com for downloads and release notes. There are no new features over the beta, but I have cleaned up the display of the screen so that more of the filenames can be seen. Thanks, Payton On May 26, 9:53=A0pm, Payton Byrd <plb...@gmail.com> wrote: > The official release of CBM-Command is here! =A0I want to thank all the > folks who've tested, supported and ...

CBM-Command Version 1.7 Released
CBM-Command Version 1.7 Released has been released. This version has several bug fixes but also includes real-time statistics on file copy and disk image operations. There's also some visual goodness for 128 users. http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com Enjoy! ...

CBM-Command Version 1.5 Released
! Release Version 1.5 - Stable This version encompases many enhancements and improvements of existing functionality, as well as inclusion of new target platforms (VIC 20, Plus 4) and features (D81 support, Configuration Color Picker). ! New Features * (ALL) New color picker for the configuration program * (64, 128, PLUS 4) 1581 Disk Image (D81) Support * Added support for Commodore Plus 4 computer * 32K Expanded VIC-20 now supported ! Changes * (ALL) Removed CTRL key from hot keys that previously required it. Hot keys the use the C= key still require it. * (ALL) If you have 1 or more files s...

CBM-Command Version 2.0 Beta 1
Release Notes Major New Version This is the first beta release of CBM-Command version 2.0. CBM-Command has undergone a lot of changes since version 1.7, most of which consist of a thorough cleaning of the code by Greg King and new features added by Payton Byrd with the space that Greg King freed up. Being the first public release after so many changes, please understand there will probably be some bugs. New Features * REL file copying between devices that support REL files. * D71 disk image support - now you can create and write dual sided disk images with a 1571 drive * Configur...

CBM-Command Version 2.1 Release Candidate 3
Greg King has released another bugfix for CBM-Command 2.1 RC and this should be the last one before going official with version 2.1. In addition, I've created a CBM-Command one-page cheat sheet with all of the keyboard shortcuts and a list of quick hints to help get you going with common use cases for CBM-Command. Downloads: CBM-Command - http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com Cheat Sheet - http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com/releases/view/80133 ...

CBM-Command Version 1.0.4 Beta Released
Beta Release This is the final beta release before version 1.5 New Features * (VIC 20) Added support for the VIC 20 computer, requires 32K RAM Expander * (PLUS 4) Added support for Commodore Plus 4 computer * (ALL) New color picker for the configuration program * (64, 128, PLUS 4) 1581 Disk Image (D81) Support Changes * (ALL) Removed CTRL key from hot keys that previously required it. Hot keys that use the C= key still require it. * (ALL) If you have 1 or more files selected (highlighted) and choose delete, all selected files will be deleted. If you do not have any files selec...

CBM-Command Version 2.1 RC2 Now Available
Release Notes This is a release candidate for the new 2.1 version of CBM-Command. Both D64 and D80 image files can be downloaded. The D64 doesn't have the PET/CBM ports of the programs. CBM-Command cannot create 8050 disks, yet; but, the image is provided, anyway. New Features: * It can detect the formats of Creative Micro Design's partitions and sd2iec's disk images. * It knows automatically when to create either single-sided (D64) or double-sided (D71) images. * CBM 8050 and CBM 8250 (SFD-1001) disk copier. Changes from 2.1rc1: * It won't create a sub-directory with a n...

DB2 LDAP User Authentication not working after Upgrade to 6.1
hi, >oslevel -s 6100-02-02-0849 this is not exactly this case http://tinyurl.com/375fmvf because ssh is working the problem is with db2 8.2 (latest fixpack 18) authentication .. On 12 juil, 11:12, News <ben1245_...@hotmail.fr> wrote: > hi, > > >oslevel -s > > 6100-02-02-0849 > > this is not exactly this casehttp://tinyurl.com/375fmvf > > because ssh is working > > the problem is with db2 8.2 (latest fixpack 18) authentication .. another detail: it works when i log on using instance owner only ... ...

Shell command for calling version 6.5 from 7.1
I would like to use the functionality of version 7.1 and at the same time use the old toolboxes from version 6.5. I tried to establish a dynamic connection between the versions in the following way : The matlabroot command in version 6.5 gave the result : C:\MATLAB6p5 Next, I started version 7.1 and tried the following : >> cd('C:\MATLAB6p5') >> !matlab Unfortunately, this opens only another window with 7.1 and not 6.5. In the same way that it is possible to run a fortran or C program and return with results, it should be possible to do the same with an older version of mat...

CBM-Command Version 2.1 has 500 downloads on CodePlex!
Just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone who uses CBM-Command and has made it such a gratifying project to work on. Thanks for creating it. I use it every time I sit down at the C128. On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:48:31 AM UTC-5, Payton Byrd wrote: > Just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone who uses CBM-Command and has made it such a gratifying project to work on. Made it to 600 downloads on Codeplex in 45 days! I've checked a couple other sites (CSDb and Nightfall Blog) and there's another 200 downloads between them. On Friday, Sept...

cliff -- Command Line Interface Formulation Framework -- version 1.6.0
cliff -- Command Line Interface Formulation Framework -- version 1.6.0 cliff is a framework for building command line programs. It uses setuptools entry points to provide subcommands, output formatters, and other extensions. What's New In This Release? * Add max-width support for table formatter * Add value only output formatter * Fix doc build with Python 2.6.x * Fix interactive mode with command line args * Escape double quotes in shell formatter * Rename private attribute to avoid conflict * Sync with OpenStack's global re...

[ace-users] ACE SSL build errors on Ubuntu 12.10 with ACE+TAO version 6.1.0
--14dae9340cc3f8a4c204d496c32b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, however, the last time it poped up in the email list history was in 2007. I'm getting a bug in compiling ACE with SSL in my environment. Initially, I installed the ACE libraries and dev environment for Ununtu 12.10, along with the OpenSSL libraries. My intent was to start playing around with an ACE based SSL web client. When the libraries shipped with this version of Ubuntu started wigging out in the HTTPS_Session are...

[ace-users] ACE SSL build errors on Ubuntu 12.10 with ACE+TAO version 6.1.0
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, however, the last time it poped up in= the email list history was in 2007. I'm getting a bug in compiling ACE wit= h SSL in my environment. Initially, I installed the ACE libraries and dev e= nvironment for Ununtu 12.10, along with the OpenSSL libraries. My intent wa= s to start playing around with an ACE based SSL web client. When the librar= ies shipped with this version of Ubuntu started wigging out in the HTTPS_Se= ssion area, I figured that this was just the builders bad form for not runn= ing the ACE tests. So, off I went to build ACE...

Why cannot a VI be run in LabView version 7.1, if it ran in version 6.1?
I developed a VI in LabView 6.1 and try to open it in version 7.1. The error was as follows "Compile Error - Report this error to NI Tech Support: nmx unbundler bad sea/eea or edisp-sdisp = 0x1" It was suggested to me that I should mass compile all my 6.1 files, before opening them in version 7.1. I did so and then the error became "Code could not be generated correctly for this VI / An error occurred in compiling this VI" Please advise of a potential solution. Regards, Raluca C. A couple things you might try. Open the offending VI in 6.1 and do a "Save As" a...

Address book problem since upgrade to 6.1.1.1
Hello, since the upgrade to version 6.1.1.1 I have a problem when I want to add a new address to the address book. When I added a new address and the address book is saved I get a message that says: "Could not rename file from <path to temp folder>\NNdbase.tmp to <path to data folder>\Personal.txt". Where 'Personal.txt' is the name of the address book. Besides this message the new entry is saved to the address book. Somebody else having this weird problem? Best Regards, Ansgar Ansgar Schrage <news.20.sapper@spamgourmet.com> wrote: ...

Is it possible to upgrade "Full" 6.0.1 to "Full" 6.1 and...
Is it possible to upgrade "Full" 6.0.1 to "Full" 6.1 and have the app-builder (purchased separately) for 6.0 still work, or do I need a new app-builder? A neighboring lab stopped using LabView and gave us the 6.1 disk. Unfortunately, it's a "Full" disk (no app-builder) and we purchased a separate 6.0 app-builder for our 6i system. I have a feeling this is a futile endeavor, but want to be sure before I toss the disk, or attempt an installation and mangle the system. I don't know if the 6.0.1 app builder will work with 6.1, but I'm guessing it won...

upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1.1 quits without updating the application (Mac OS X)
I'm trying to upgrade to 6.1.1. However, the installer quits after installing 10-15 of 70 items, and says it was successful, but it doesn't actually update the application. I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.4, and have repaired permissions, and also tried running the update as root - still doesn't work. Has anyone encountered this problem, and found a fix? The only thing I can think of at this point is to do a clean install of 6.1.1, and move any old files over. And, I can't contact their tech support, because my registration isn't current, even though I'm planni...

6.5 to 6.1 version
The 6.5 version does not have the same functions of the 6.1 (for example lsqcurvefit ). I have all my files written with the 6.1, but now I need to run them with the 6.5. I cannot run some of the files I have. How can I solve this problem? (I cannot install the 6.1 version). thanks A anna: <SNIP version-vs-tbx confusion... > The 6.5 version does not have the same functions of the 6.1 (for example lsqcurvefit )... no, you don't seem to have the <optimization toolbox>, which contains <lsqcurvefit>, included in your new v6.5 us ...

WinSPWW2 Upgraded To Version 1.1
See the press release: http://www.shrapnelgames.com/News/pr_01.htm To quote the release: "The Camo Workshop and Shrapnel Games would like to announce that a patch is now available to upgrade WinSPWW2 to version 1.1. The patch is universal to both, upgrading the free, downloadable version, and the Enhanced CD edition. Weighing in at 5.7 MB in size the version 1.1 patch provides several fixes, tweaks, and enhancements. A thorough listing of modifications may be found on the download page, but here is a sampling of what gamers can find in the upgrade patch: * Reinforcement units...

reading netCDF 4.1.1 using IDL version 6.1
Hello, Does anyone know how to fix the issue in reading netCDF 4.1.1 with IDL version 6.1. When I open the file with 'ncdf_open' function, I get an error saying 'NC_ERROR=-51'. Thanks, Mahesh mkmvarma@gmail.com writes: > Does anyone know how to fix the issue in reading netCDF 4.1.1 with IDL version 6.1. When I open the file with 'ncdf_open' function, I get an error saying 'NC_ERROR=-51'. You will need to download the Clairvoyant Module. I'm not sure if it is still available on the Exelis web site or not. You could ask them. Cheers, Da...