cc65 on Amiga/XE1541 on Amiga?

I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65,
but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the
Amiga?  Secondly, what are the options to read/write C64 disks with an
Amiga?  Can I use my XE1541 cable with some software on the Amiga?

Thanks,

Tom

0
tom895 (79)

Tommy Watt wrote:

> I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65,
> but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the
> Amiga?

Quoting cc65.org, you should be able to compile cc65 on the Amiga "using
either StormC v4.0 or SAS/C 6.58. No changes to the source code are
needed, however SAS/C outputs a few warnings that can be ignored (report
from Leslie Ayling <layling at intercoast. com. au>)."

Michael
0
ISO
1/4/2006 2:52:19 AM
On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Tommy Watt wrote:

> Secondly, what are the options to read/write C64 disks with an
> Amiga?  Can I use my XE1541 cable with some software on the Amiga?

 	I use A64 which is software and a hardware module that connects
into the Amiga.  You would then run an ordinary serial cable from the
Commodore to the A64 module.

 					Truly,
 					Robert Bernardo
 					Fresno Commodore User Group
 					http://videocam.net.au/fcug
0
Robert
1/4/2006 5:21:35 AM
Tommy Watt <tom@wattservices.com> wrote:
> I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65,
> but could I run cc65 for DOS in a DOS emulator or bridgeboard on the
> Amiga?

cc65 and all the other tools should compile on most platforms without
problems. Object files and libraries generated by ca65 and ar65 are binary
compatible (provided they're generated by the same version of the tools),
so you can for example compile sources on a PC and link it on the Amiga
against a library generated there.

Regards

        Uz

--
Ullrich von Bassewitz                         uz@spamtrap.musoftware.de
 12:34:28  up 90 days, 20:19, 13 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.12, 0.09
Tommy Watt wrote:

> Secondly, what are the options to read/write C64 disks with an
> Amiga?  Can I use my XE1541 cable with some software on the Amiga?
>
> Thanks,

If you are using a 1581 disk then you can read and write to it directly
in the Amiga drive uusing the filesytem from C1581.lha available from
 http://www.aminet.net

Ernie Chorny

0
Amigoat
1/4/2006 4:23:57 PM
> I was wondering... there doesn't appear to be a Amiga version of cc65,

Nope it's available on Aminet since years:
http://main.aminet.net/dev/cross/cc65-bin.lha

It's rather old version, but works nevertheless.
I used it on my A4000 for creating stuff.

> Can I use my XE1541 cable with some software on the Amiga?

Check Easy1541:
http://de4.aminet.net/misc/emu/Easy1541.lha
--
http://drhirudo.hit.bg

0
drHirudo
1/4/2006 8:08:58 PM
"drHirudo" <drhirudo@mail.bg> writes:

>> Can I use my XE1541 cable with some software on the Amiga?
> Check Easy1541: http://de4.aminet.net/misc/emu/Easy1541.lha

http://sta.c64.org/easy1541c.html

However, please note that this cable layout is totally different
from the X-cables, although the principle is the same:

http://sta.c64.org/xe1541c.html

Easy1541 is said to be compatible with ReadySoft C64 emulator, and
also has a compatibility mode for the Amiga Frodo C64 emu cable.

Add two 1N4148 diodes to the native Easy1541 cable, and you get the
cable used in Frank Paries IEC program. I have successfully used both
IEC and Easy1541 with this cable:

http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/crossplatform/transfer/Amiga/iec.lzh

--
Anders Carlsson