CSDb and Pokefinder.org queries... right in your C64

That's right, you can search CSDb and Pokefinder.org right from your C64 term program.  Best of all, when you find what you want, you can download it with XModem or ZModem.

Just log onto:

bbs.altiworld.com : 6400 <-- Petscii
bbs.altiworld.com : 513  <-- ANSI

Think about it, no more downloading to a PC, transferring to a floppy or SD card.  Simply find your file and start downloading right to your C64!
0
Payton

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 12:15:25 PM UTC-5, Payton Byrd wrote:
> Think about it, no more downloading to a PC, transferring to a floppy or SD card.  Simply find your file and start downloading right to your C64!

:D  Too bad my C64C is not online.  :(
0
Harry
12/16/2016 2:25:25 PM
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 12:15:25 PM UTC-5, Payton Byrd wrote:
> That's right, you can search CSDb and Pokefinder.org right from your C64 term program.  Best of all, when you find what you want, you can download it with XModem or ZModem.
>
> Just log onto:
>
> bbs.altiworld.com : 6400 <-- Petscii
> bbs.altiworld.com : 513  <-- ANSI
>
> Think about it, no more downloading to a PC, transferring to a floppy or SD card.  Simply find your file and start downloading right to your C64!

So I saw how to use it as a gateway to other BBS' (mine's there, too cool).  How to get to pokefinder?
0
rbvapes2015
12/16/2016 4:51:48 PM
On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 10:51:50 AM UTC-6, rbvap...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 12:15:25 PM UTC-5, Payton Byrd wrote:
> > That's right, you can search CSDb and Pokefinder.org right from your C64 term program.  Best of all, when you find what you want, you can download it with XModem or ZModem.
> >
> > Just log onto:
> >
> > bbs.altiworld.com : 6400 <-- Petscii
> > bbs.altiworld.com : 513  <-- ANSI
> >
> > Think about it, no more downloading to a PC, transferring to a floppy or SD card.  Simply find your file and start downloading right to your C64!
>
> So I saw how to use it as a gateway to other BBS' (mine's there, too cool).  How to get to pokefinder?

Use type "f" from the main menu, or type "Files" at the main menu.  Then you search by typing "s search terms" from the Files menu.
0
Payton
12/19/2016 2:36:57 AM
On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 11:15:25 AM UTC-6, Payton Byrd wrote:
> That's right, you can search CSDb and Pokefinder.org right from your C64 term program.  Best of all, when you find what you want, you can download it with XModem or ZModem.
>
> Just log onto:
>
> bbs.altiworld.com : 6400 <-- Petscii
> bbs.altiworld.com : 513  <-- ANSI
>
> Think about it, no more downloading to a PC, transferring to a floppy or SD card.  Simply find your file and start downloading right to your C64!

Now you can play Infocom games on the BBS!  Right now Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is first up.

Just hit Z at the main menu.
0
Payton