Expiration dates of sealed CANON printer cartridges

I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't
find an expiration date on the box.  On the bottom flap is stamped
"C10A30".  Is the expiration date encoded in this?

0
r_u_sure (108)
8/7/2007 1:32:10 AM
comp.sys.cbm 13944 articles. 0 followers. dunric (341) is leader. Post Follow

rusure wrote:
> I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't
> find an expiration date on the box.  On the bottom flap is stamped
> "C10A30".  Is the expiration date encoded in this?

I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them.
0
Ulysses777
8/7/2007 9:41:06 PM
On Aug 7, 2:41 pm, Ulysses777 <oh...@you.dont> wrote:
> rusure wrote:
>
> I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them.

I don't think Canon cartridges have anything to do with Commodore
Business Machines.
;-)

-Andrew
   ___
  / __|__   Cottonwood BBS
 / /  |_/   telnet://cottonwood.servebbs.com
 \ \__|_\   Open 24/7 -=- 50 Online Games!
  \___|     http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs

0
Andrew
8/9/2007 12:06:41 AM
On Aug 6, 6:32 pm, rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote:
> I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't
> find an expiration date on the box.  On the bottom flap is stamped
> "C10A30".  Is the expiration date encoded in this?

Try this, to make sure it's OK still.

1.     Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge.
2.     Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the
print head for only a few seconds
3.     If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a
cartridge that is mostly dried up, and will be un-useable

In this case, you should wrap the cartridge in a blanket of DAMP ( not
wet ! )   paper towel's ( like three of them ) and put them in the
micro-wave

Auto time the micro-wave to HIGH for 2 minutes....... you should see a
steady flow of ink in that time... if all is well, you have cleaned
the print head of the cartridge !!!!!!!!!!!   , and you will never be
able to cook in the micro-wave again..... unless you like "tinted"
popcorn.

0
Rick
8/9/2007 3:37:22 AM
"Rick Youngman" wrote ...

> Try this, to make sure it's OK still.
>
> 1.     Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge.
> 2.     Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the
> print head for only a few seconds
> 3.     If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a
> cartridge that is mostly dried up, and will be un-useable
>
> In this case, you should wrap the cartridge in a blanket of DAMP ( not
> wet ! )   paper towel's ( like three of them ) and put them in the
> micro-wave
>
> Auto time the micro-wave to HIGH for 2 minutes....... you should see a
> steady flow of ink in that time... if all is well, you have cleaned
> the print head of the cartridge !!!!!!!!!!!   , and you will never be
> able to cook in the micro-wave again..... unless you like "tinted"
> popcorn.

If the cartridge is a color cartridge, you might get RainBow (tm) popcorn!

I wonder if you can sell RainBow (tm) popcorn on eBay?

Or, will someone complain about your trademark infringement and have your
auction removed?
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes!

0
Sam
8/9/2007 3:57:39 AM
On Aug 8, 6:06 pm, Andrew Wiskow <wis...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2:41 pm, Ulysses777 <oh...@you.dont> wrote:
>
> > rusure wrote:
>
> > I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them.
>
> I don't think Canon cartridges have anything
> to do with Commodore Business Machines.

This cartridge is for the last printer made with an EPSON instruction
set and a CENTRONICS port that connects to
Commodore through 6 pin DIN serial port to CENTRONICS interface.

0
rusure
8/9/2007 3:11:04 PM
On Aug 8, 9:37 pm, Rick Youngman <wl...@commspeed.net> wrote:
> Try this, to make sure it's OK still.
>
> 1.     Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge.
> 2.     Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the
> print head for only a few seconds
> 3.     If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a
> cartridge that is mostly dried up, and will be un-useable
>
> In this case, you should wrap the cartridge in a blanket of DAMP ( not
> wet ! )   paper towel's ( like three of them ) and put them in the
> micro-wave
>
> Auto time the micro-wave to HIGH for 2 minutes....... you should see a
> steady flow of ink in that time... if all is well, you have cleaned
> the print head of the cartridge !!!!!!!!!!!   , and you will never be
> able to cook in the micro-wave again..... unless you like "tinted"
> popcorn.

I'll respond even if this message is a joke.  If I wanted a test that
broke the packaging, I would just install the cartridge in a printer
and run it.  Although Mr. Gillet is joking abouth RAINBOW popcorn on
EBAY, I want to sell the color cartridge on EBAY.  A cartridge with a
broken seal is worthless on EBAY.  Last year I had to move and
misplaced my CANON BJC4400 printer.  In addition, my PC's parallel
port doesn't work anyway.  I bought a cheap USB printer that came with
color and black cartridges.  The cartridges for the new printer had
expiration dates on their packaging.  I only use black cartridge so I
sold the color cartridge on EBAY.  I have since found my CANON and
connect it to my Commodore.  When I bought sealed CANON color & black
cartridges second hand, I thought I caould sell the color cartridge on
EBAY.  This plan is hindered since I can't find the cartridge
expiration date on its package.

0
rusure
8/9/2007 3:50:47 PM
In news:1186672264.073217.176110@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com,
rusure <r_u_sure@mybluelight.com> wrote:

> This cartridge is for the last printer made with an EPSON instruction
> set and a CENTRONICS port that connects to
> Commodore through 6 pin DIN serial port to CENTRONICS interface.

Out of curiosity, what model is it?  I first connected a BJ-200E to my 128,
and when the "platen" mechanism died, I replaced it with a BJ-200EX.  That
suffered a similar death, and I now have a BJC-240 hooked up.

Brian

Brian
8/9/2007 5:16:33 PM
On Aug 9, 11:16 am, "Brian Ketterling" <tweel6...@no-potted-meat-
products-peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Innews:1186672264.073217.176110@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com,
>
> rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote:
> > This cartridge is for the last printer made with an EPSON
> > instruction set and a CENTRONICS port that connects to
> > Commodore through 6 pin DIN serial port to CENTRONICS interface.
>
> Out of curiosity, what model is it?  I first connected
> a BJ-200E to my 128, and when the "platen" mechanism
> died, I replaced it with a BJ-200EX.  That suffered
> a similar death, and I now have a BJC-240 hooked up.

I currently use and recomend a BJC 4400.  I originally bought it at a
garage sale for $5 because it had a color cartridge.  I thought I
would use the cartridge in my BJC 4000.  Elsewhere in this thread I
state that I don't use color cartridges, so the 4K died before I got
around to using the color cartridge.  In desparation, I connected the
4.4K and was amazed that it works better than the 4K.  4Ks are
terrific as long as the paper is standard 8.5 by 11 in good
condition.  When the paper length is less than 5", the 4K paper feeder
jams.  The 4.4K paper feeder is less fussy about the paper dimensions
or even the condition of the paper.  The 4.4K doesn't have the bank of
dip switches that are in the 4K.  I think I miss the control that the
4K dip switches give the printer user, but all and all, the 4.4K
operates more smoothly.  BJC 4400s frequently turn up in second hand
stores, and I would buy it if I were you.  You can still get
remanufactured cartridges through the internet, and last time I
looked, new cartridges were available at OFFICE DEPOT and OFFICE MAX.
I think the cartridge part #s are BCI(?) 20 and 21.  If you want a
black cartridge, make certain that you don't buy a black ink tank for
a color cartridge.  I intend to auction my BCI 21 color cartridge on
EBAY if youre interested.

0
rusure
8/9/2007 7:09:25 PM
In news:1186686565.285690.158470@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
rusure <r_u_sure@mybluelight.com> wrote:

> I currently use and recomend a BJC 4400.

Is that because of reliability?

> BJC 4400s frequently turn up in second hand
> stores, and I would buy it if I were you.

If I spot one at Goodwill at a reasonable price (never know about them), I
might pick it up as a future replacement.

> You can still get
> remanufactured cartridges through the internet, and last time I
> looked, new cartridges were available at OFFICE DEPOT and OFFICE MAX.
> I think the cartridge part #s are BCI(?) 20 and 21.

Yes, I don't even have a printer that uses those cartridges, but I've
noticed them everywhere -- grocery stores, wherever.  The BCI-21, at least,
seems to be the standard Canon cartridge that everyone stocks.

Brian

Brian
8/10/2007 2:56:45 AM
On Aug 9, 8:56 pm, "Brian Ketterling" <tweel6...@no-potted-meat-
products-peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Innews:1186686565.285690.158470@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
>
> rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote:
> > I currently use and recomend a BJC 4400.
>
> Is that because of reliability?

The paper feeder for the BJC 4000 was not as well thought out as that
for the 4400.  If the paper deviated only slightly from out of the box
condition or if the dimensions were significantly less than the
standard 8.5 X 11, than the 4K paper feeder either jammed or the paper
entered the printer crooked.  The design of the 4.4K paper feeder is
superior to that of the 4K feeder, and is more likely to perform as
expected.

The BJC 4000 eventually stopped working.  I haven't used the BJC 4400
long enough to make any reliability (as in built to last) statements.
When the 4.4K is functioning as designed, its performance will be
superior to that of a fully functional 4K.

> > You can still get remanufactured cartridges through
> > the internet, and last time I looked, new cartridges
> > were available at OFFICE DEPOT and OFFICE MAX.  I
> > think the cartridge part #s are BCI(?) 20 and 21.
>
> Yes, I don't even have a printer that uses those
> cartridges, but I've noticed them everywhere -- grocery
> stores, wherever.  The BCI-21, at least, seems to
> be the standard Canon cartridge that everyone stocks.

The 21 is the color cartridge.  If the part # 21 is on an item
containing black ink, than the item is a tank with black ink, to be
used as one of the tanks in a color cartridge.  The warning at the end
of my last message was not taken by me when I bought my CANON items at
the second hand store.  My "new" black item is a 21 tank, for the
color cartridge.  I think you get a better deal for black printing
when you buy the BC(I?) 20 black cartridge.

0
rusure

canon lbp 8 IIIr
i've a laser printer canon lbp 8 III r. Does anybody have a documentation for maintenance and repairing? (electronics schematics, trouble shooting guide) When i switch it on, most of the time i have an error message "50 service". I think it's coming from the power supply but without schematics it's too difficult. Also, is it possible to find spare parts? It's an old printer. Thank you, Gwenael. freebritanny@breizh.org wrote: > i've a laser printer canon lbp 8 III r. > > Does anybody have a documentation for maintenance and repai...

Password expired ...
I am running W2K computer on corporate network. A few days ago after I input my login name and password to log into network, windows started to display error warning message that my password will expire in 14 (13,12, ...) days. Our network administrator assured me that our network authentication configured that passwords should never expire. NAV and Lavasoft adaware runs every day and found no viruses/spyware. Any idea why this is happening? On 10 May 2004 06:30:38 -0700, Bobby spoketh >I am running W2K computer on corporate network. A few days ago >after I input my login name and pass...

Date & Time problems
I had to restore my hard drive from a couple of weeks old SuperDuper! backup because I had installed some software updates for our Brother pTouch label maker. The software update caused all four of our Macs (PPC and Intel) running OSX 10.4.10 to fail to open any Adobe software product (Photoshop, Illustrator, Reader, etc.). Apple iWork/iLife also became unopenable, while Aperture and other Apple software was fine. But that is another story. On my G5 dual PPC tower, I noticed that the clock was ahead by six hours. When I opened the D&T System Preference, I noticed that it was stuck on GMT...

Printer
We are running an AS400 with S36 as a host and have connected a Bryce address printer through a Praim protocol converter. We have no problem printing from the S36 side but when we try to use it on the AS400 we have a problem. When we try to start the printer we get the following error message " Writer cannot use device PRT03 because the device is not powered on or varied on or is in use by another job". We have tried everything mentioned in this error message with no success. We are using serveral other printers on both operating systems without a problem. Any help with this proble...

plotting of dates and values?
Hi, I have one double array with values, and one cell array with dates. Both have the same size=806x1. Now I want to plot this in a figure. It's not possible to have all the dates at the xaxis, but I could need example ten dates. I starts with this commando: plot(dates,values) but this gives a error. Can someone please help me? BL > I have one double array with values, and one cell array with dates. > Both have the same size=806x1. No problem. > Now I want to plot this in a figure. It's not possible to have all > the dates at the xaxis, but I could need example ten ...

HP 2200dn Printer Dtriver for XP that allows Duplex printing
I have just bought a second hand HP 2200dn printer that I have attached to my home network via a Netgear WGPS606 wireless usb print server. The standard Vista driver on my laptop allows me to print wirelssly to this printer and duplex but I cannot find an XP driver that does. The HP LJ 2200 Series PCL driver does print wirelessly OK from the XP computer but I have no duplexing option When I install the PCL6 driver it fails to recognise it - has anyone any suggestions please. Thanks David "david.orchardhouse@googlemail.com" <david.orchardhouse@googlemail.com>...

Can't customize "Date Modified" and "Date Created" formats
I want to customize the way Date Modified and Date Created dates are shown, so I went to System Preferences > International > Formats > Dates > Customize, and selected "Long" from the pop-down menu, and dragged "2007" in front of "January" (with "5" still at the end of the line, but even after closing System Prefences, my dates still appear like this: "5-Jan-07". I'm using OS 10.4.10 on a 2006 Imac. I checked Mac Help and the Apple Web site but I can't find the resolution there. Robert In article <jCaki.20505$I...

Computing an expiration date
I need to compute an expiration date based on the number of hours, days, or months purchased. The expiration date needs to be expressed in minutes something like '1260481600'. How can I get the current date and time expressed in minutes? Once I have this number I can add the number of minutes purchased to the current date/time to get the expiration date. Thanks, Dave On Jul 10, 7:20 am, dave <skny...@sccoast.net> wrote: > I need to compute an expiration date based on the number of hours, > days, or months purchased. > The expiration date needs to be expressed in min...

HP c1823 cartridge leaking?
I refilled a c1823D cartridge (1st refill) and it was working perfectly when it suddenly went dry on cyan. I would normally have expected the yellow to go first. When I topped off the cyan it still didn't show any cyan in the test sheet. I put it thru the initial and intermediate cleaning cycles and then the cyan came through in a flood. In all subsequent printing tests the blue was covering up most or all of the other colors. When I touched the head to a paper towel the blue just came out like it was being poured. Is this a defective head or ....? Would there be some way of...

Re: OT: Date Trivia #2
I admitted to not checking for a prior posting. I suppose the really unique one was last year in April. Nice to know we have a couple of years left! (Think I will put them on my calendar...) Thanks, :) Rob > -----Original Message----- > From: Wainwright, Andrea [mailto:andrea.wainwright@CAPITALONE.COM] > Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 9:45 AM > Subject: Re: OT: Date Trivia > > But last year we had 01:02:03 04-05-06 and next year we can look > forward > to 03:04:05 06-07-08 and finally we have 04:05:06 07-08-09. > > So kind of a four times in a lifetime kind o...

Majesty II release date: Sept 11.
http://www.gamershell.com/news_80092.html On Jul 14, 8:59=A0am, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@mindspring.com> wrote: > http://www.gamershell.com/news_80092.html Did you play the first one? How was it? I have it around somewhere. I loaded it up once, but didn't feel like climbing a learning curve so I didn't give it a shot. Carl Lundstedt UNL On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:45:09 -0700 (PDT), clundst <clundst@gmail.com> wrote: >On Jul 14, 8:59´┐Żam, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@mindspring.com> wrote: >> http://www.gamershell.com/new...

QUICK question regards to wrapping the date
Hi users I used proc print but could not wrap this long record. After that I used proc report and used flow and stuff but still I am having problem wrapping this specific date record. Help me define PI*** /order left width=10 'PatientID^(pids)' flow; Is there any quick way to wrap the text. This all the dates stays on one row. ~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~7/14/2005~5/10/2001~5/10/2001~5/10/2001~5/10/2001~8/16/2001~8/17/2001~8/16/2001~8/16/2001~7/14/2005 Darsu, One way is to send your...

DCOUNT AND DATES #2
Hello I am trying to create dcount field but is not working I have tried every way possible and I can't get it to work. here is my code: =Dcount("[callid]","qryTotalscratched","[resultid] in (6,7,8,9) and [calldate] between #01/01/2001# and " & [calldate]) I also tried: =Dcount("[callid]","qryTotalscratched","[resultid] in (6,7,8,9) and [calldate] <= " & [calldate] > =Dcount("[callid]","qryTotalscratched","[resultid] in (6,7,8,9) and > [calldate] between #01/01/2001# and " &...

Did I buy the wrong printer?
I recently bought the Epson RX500 to replace my Lexmark X73. I liked the features of the Epson such as the high resolution scanner, the built-in slide scanner, the photo capabilities, and it's 3 in 1 abilities. Also, I own an Epson LQ 500 which seems to have more lives than the Eveready Batteries. However, I am finding out that it's not cheap to enjoy all this, as replacing the six cartridges can be expensive. Refilling seems to be discouraged by Epson with their built in chip monitors. I read about the chip resetters, but am concerned that this is only a gimmick. I was t...

714577 Up to date Net and Tech news, knowledge, empowerment 70
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a penny, just student scraping by. But Guess what? I don't want your money, your e-mail, or anything. Each of these sites has a specific topic but they have them style and layout sothey are easy to navigate and ther a search function should take you to exactly where youwant t...

Expired Accounts
In Solaris, if an user's account expires,what is the easiest way to re- enable that account? In article <Xns957440B2B3EBMyNoSpam@24.25.9.41>, Tom <myNoSpam@removethis.nc.rr.com> wrote: > In Solaris, if an user's account expires,what is the easiest way to re- > enable that account? man usermod -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... ...

[after] fooled by shifting date
Hi, When someone shifts the system's date, all running [after] timers are offset by the same amount. This is because the "remaining time" of the timers, recomputed just before each [vwait], is computed from gettimeofday(), by difference to a fixed target date. This may sound like a petty misbehavior, and for tiny time corrections, it is. But if you shift your clock *back* by, say, 20 minutes (which is not unreasonable if you leave a machine unattended and unsync'ed for months), then all the running timers will wait an extra 20mn ! If you're using [after] to do periodic...

Is it possible to receive data on a //c's printer port?
I have recently acquired my first //c (it's a third revision, "memory expan= sion" model), and have only recently started using the IIc Plus I got last = year. I'd like to use both of the serial ports for general communication -- one f= or ADTPro/VSDRIVE, and one for ProTERM. But if I tell ADTPro to use slot 1,= there's no activity. I tried to use IN#1, but was surprised to discover the easter egg that you'= d get with IN#5 on the earlier revisions (if you type 10 IN#1 : INPUT A$: P= RINT A$ you get the names of four people). It won't accept ctrl-A or...

extracting the month from a date in date9. format
Hi, How do we extract the month from a date in date9. format in SAS? example: from 20mar2008, I want the month as 'mar' not as 3. Hi Shashi, We could do something like this: data k; input z date9.; cards; 1jan2008 13jan2008 30mar2008 ; run; data k1; set k; m=put(z,date9.); y=substr(m,3,3); run; proc print;run; HTH; Shanky ...

Odd Date Format....what is real date
I've been presented with a numeric field in this format 2003032 The 2003 is the year. The 032 is the 32nd day of the year which would translate this date into 02/01/2003. Is there anything set up in Foxpro to convert this for me or does anyone have a good idea of how to do it? Thanks. Monica "Monica J. Braverman" <monica@datashark.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d70cd025.0405241824.76f37370@posting.google.com... > I've been presented with a numeric field in this format 2003032 > > The 2003 is the year. The 032 is the 32nd day of the yea...

Canon service tool
Does anyone knpw where I can download iP2200 / iP1600 / iP1200 SERVICE TOOL QY8-13AA-000?? Hanz ...

Update old record date when user click on D_Status
I create two fields in my old table. One is D_Status of type Yes/No Checkbox and the other is DDate of type Date. In my table there is already records in it. I set the default value of DDate as Date() (as I need the current date). My problem is when user open the form and click on D_Status in any old record, The record is not updated with the current date. But when user enter the new record its save with the current Date. My question is how to i update the old records on the basis of D_Status if user click (Dstatus) on old record it must be update field DDate with the current date needs help. ...

password expiration not prompting
Hi, Having an issue where when an account password has expired it doesn't prompt user to change it and lets user login. It does show a message saying the it has expired. Running Solaris 10 client authenticating to AD kerberos. Does anyone know how I can configure pam/kerberos to prompt ? Thanks. ...

Canon I6000D Printer
I hope this is the right forum to ask. I have the Subject printer and have primarily used it for photo printing. I am trying to print Draft spreadsheets and letters and it only prints "Fine" quality, taking very long for each page. I have tried all settings that I can find, naturally the "Draft" option in the properties, but it always prints the highest quality. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone point me in a direction to resolve it. I am using Windows XP Pro and just downloaded the latest drivers. I believe that I was able to print in Dra...

Creation date of a file
Hello ! Noob questions : - how can I have the date of creation of a file ? - and how to search files (with find) using date of creation as attribute ? Thanks for any questions ! (and have a good day) tibo <bartol_78SPAMSUXXX@yahoo.com> wrote: > - how can I have the date of creation of a file ? You can make a note of when you make it. > - and how to search files (with find) using date of creation as attribute ? Given that creation date is not a file attribute in unix file systems, you cannot. Is there some difficulty with the man page for find? Perhaps "last modific...