Expiration dates of sealed CANON printer cartridges

I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't
find an expiration date on the box.  On the bottom flap is stamped
"C10A30".  Is the expiration date encoded in this?

0
r_u_sure (108)
8/7/2007 1:32:10 AM
comp.sys.cbm 14093 articles. 0 followers. dunric (341) is leader. Post Follow

rusure wrote:
> I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't
> find an expiration date on the box.  On the bottom flap is stamped
> "C10A30".  Is the expiration date encoded in this?

I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them.
0
Ulysses777
8/7/2007 9:41:06 PM
On Aug 7, 2:41 pm, Ulysses777 <oh...@you.dont> wrote:
> rusure wrote:
>
> I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them.

I don't think Canon cartridges have anything to do with Commodore
Business Machines.
;-)

-Andrew
   ___
  / __|__   Cottonwood BBS
 / /  |_/   telnet://cottonwood.servebbs.com
 \ \__|_\   Open 24/7 -=- 50 Online Games!
  \___|     http://hometown.aol.com/cottonwoodbbs

0
Andrew
8/9/2007 12:06:41 AM
On Aug 6, 6:32 pm, rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote:
> I just bought a sealed CANON BC21 color printer cartridge and can't
> find an expiration date on the box.  On the bottom flap is stamped
> "C10A30".  Is the expiration date encoded in this?

Try this, to make sure it's OK still.

1.     Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge.
2.     Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the
print head for only a few seconds
3.     If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a
cartridge that is mostly dried up, and will be un-useable

In this case, you should wrap the cartridge in a blanket of DAMP ( not
wet ! )   paper towel's ( like three of them ) and put them in the
micro-wave

Auto time the micro-wave to HIGH for 2 minutes....... you should see a
steady flow of ink in that time... if all is well, you have cleaned
the print head of the cartridge !!!!!!!!!!!   , and you will never be
able to cook in the micro-wave again..... unless you like "tinted"
popcorn.

0
Rick
8/9/2007 3:37:22 AM
"Rick Youngman" wrote ...

> Try this, to make sure it's OK still.
>
> 1.     Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge.
> 2.     Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the
> print head for only a few seconds
> 3.     If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a
> cartridge that is mostly dried up, and will be un-useable
>
> In this case, you should wrap the cartridge in a blanket of DAMP ( not
> wet ! )   paper towel's ( like three of them ) and put them in the
> micro-wave
>
> Auto time the micro-wave to HIGH for 2 minutes....... you should see a
> steady flow of ink in that time... if all is well, you have cleaned
> the print head of the cartridge !!!!!!!!!!!   , and you will never be
> able to cook in the micro-wave again..... unless you like "tinted"
> popcorn.

If the cartridge is a color cartridge, you might get RainBow (tm) popcorn!

I wonder if you can sell RainBow (tm) popcorn on eBay?

Or, will someone complain about your trademark infringement and have your
auction removed?
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes!

0
Sam
8/9/2007 3:57:39 AM
On Aug 8, 6:06 pm, Andrew Wiskow <wis...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2:41 pm, Ulysses777 <oh...@you.dont> wrote:
>
> > rusure wrote:
>
> > I don't think Canon cartridges have expiry dates on them.
>
> I don't think Canon cartridges have anything
> to do with Commodore Business Machines.

This cartridge is for the last printer made with an EPSON instruction
set and a CENTRONICS port that connects to
Commodore through 6 pin DIN serial port to CENTRONICS interface.

0
rusure
8/9/2007 3:11:04 PM
On Aug 8, 9:37 pm, Rick Youngman <wl...@commspeed.net> wrote:
> Try this, to make sure it's OK still.
>
> 1.     Remove the protective strip from the bottom of the cartridge.
> 2.     Wet a paper towel (dampen) under HOT water, and hold on the
> print head for only a few seconds
> 3.     If you see any black ink on the towel, you "probably" have a
> cartridge that is mostly dried up, and will be un-useable
>
> In this case, you should wrap the cartridge in a blanket of DAMP ( not
> wet ! )   paper towel's ( like three of them ) and put them in the
> micro-wave
>
> Auto time the micro-wave to HIGH for 2 minutes....... you should see a
> steady flow of ink in that time... if all is well, you have cleaned
> the print head of the cartridge !!!!!!!!!!!   , and you will never be
> able to cook in the micro-wave again..... unless you like "tinted"
> popcorn.

I'll respond even if this message is a joke.  If I wanted a test that
broke the packaging, I would just install the cartridge in a printer
and run it.  Although Mr. Gillet is joking abouth RAINBOW popcorn on
EBAY, I want to sell the color cartridge on EBAY.  A cartridge with a
broken seal is worthless on EBAY.  Last year I had to move and
misplaced my CANON BJC4400 printer.  In addition, my PC's parallel
port doesn't work anyway.  I bought a cheap USB printer that came with
color and black cartridges.  The cartridges for the new printer had
expiration dates on their packaging.  I only use black cartridge so I
sold the color cartridge on EBAY.  I have since found my CANON and
connect it to my Commodore.  When I bought sealed CANON color & black
cartridges second hand, I thought I caould sell the color cartridge on
EBAY.  This plan is hindered since I can't find the cartridge
expiration date on its package.

0
rusure
8/9/2007 3:50:47 PM
In news:1186672264.073217.176110@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com,
rusure <r_u_sure@mybluelight.com> wrote:

> This cartridge is for the last printer made with an EPSON instruction
> set and a CENTRONICS port that connects to
> Commodore through 6 pin DIN serial port to CENTRONICS interface.

Out of curiosity, what model is it?  I first connected a BJ-200E to my 128,
and when the "platen" mechanism died, I replaced it with a BJ-200EX.  That
suffered a similar death, and I now have a BJC-240 hooked up.

Brian

Brian
8/9/2007 5:16:33 PM
On Aug 9, 11:16 am, "Brian Ketterling" <tweel6...@no-potted-meat-
products-peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Innews:1186672264.073217.176110@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com,
>
> rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote:
> > This cartridge is for the last printer made with an EPSON
> > instruction set and a CENTRONICS port that connects to
> > Commodore through 6 pin DIN serial port to CENTRONICS interface.
>
> Out of curiosity, what model is it?  I first connected
> a BJ-200E to my 128, and when the "platen" mechanism
> died, I replaced it with a BJ-200EX.  That suffered
> a similar death, and I now have a BJC-240 hooked up.

I currently use and recomend a BJC 4400.  I originally bought it at a
garage sale for $5 because it had a color cartridge.  I thought I
would use the cartridge in my BJC 4000.  Elsewhere in this thread I
state that I don't use color cartridges, so the 4K died before I got
around to using the color cartridge.  In desparation, I connected the
4.4K and was amazed that it works better than the 4K.  4Ks are
terrific as long as the paper is standard 8.5 by 11 in good
condition.  When the paper length is less than 5", the 4K paper feeder
jams.  The 4.4K paper feeder is less fussy about the paper dimensions
or even the condition of the paper.  The 4.4K doesn't have the bank of
dip switches that are in the 4K.  I think I miss the control that the
4K dip switches give the printer user, but all and all, the 4.4K
operates more smoothly.  BJC 4400s frequently turn up in second hand
stores, and I would buy it if I were you.  You can still get
remanufactured cartridges through the internet, and last time I
looked, new cartridges were available at OFFICE DEPOT and OFFICE MAX.
I think the cartridge part #s are BCI(?) 20 and 21.  If you want a
black cartridge, make certain that you don't buy a black ink tank for
a color cartridge.  I intend to auction my BCI 21 color cartridge on
EBAY if youre interested.

0
rusure
8/9/2007 7:09:25 PM
In news:1186686565.285690.158470@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
rusure <r_u_sure@mybluelight.com> wrote:

> I currently use and recomend a BJC 4400.

Is that because of reliability?

> BJC 4400s frequently turn up in second hand
> stores, and I would buy it if I were you.

If I spot one at Goodwill at a reasonable price (never know about them), I
might pick it up as a future replacement.

> You can still get
> remanufactured cartridges through the internet, and last time I
> looked, new cartridges were available at OFFICE DEPOT and OFFICE MAX.
> I think the cartridge part #s are BCI(?) 20 and 21.

Yes, I don't even have a printer that uses those cartridges, but I've
noticed them everywhere -- grocery stores, wherever.  The BCI-21, at least,
seems to be the standard Canon cartridge that everyone stocks.

Brian

Brian
8/10/2007 2:56:45 AM
On Aug 9, 8:56 pm, "Brian Ketterling" <tweel6...@no-potted-meat-
products-peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Innews:1186686565.285690.158470@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
>
> rusure <r_u_s...@mybluelight.com> wrote:
> > I currently use and recomend a BJC 4400.
>
> Is that because of reliability?

The paper feeder for the BJC 4000 was not as well thought out as that
for the 4400.  If the paper deviated only slightly from out of the box
condition or if the dimensions were significantly less than the
standard 8.5 X 11, than the 4K paper feeder either jammed or the paper
entered the printer crooked.  The design of the 4.4K paper feeder is
superior to that of the 4K feeder, and is more likely to perform as
expected.

The BJC 4000 eventually stopped working.  I haven't used the BJC 4400
long enough to make any reliability (as in built to last) statements.
When the 4.4K is functioning as designed, its performance will be
superior to that of a fully functional 4K.

> > You can still get remanufactured cartridges through
> > the internet, and last time I looked, new cartridges
> > were available at OFFICE DEPOT and OFFICE MAX.  I
> > think the cartridge part #s are BCI(?) 20 and 21.
>
> Yes, I don't even have a printer that uses those
> cartridges, but I've noticed them everywhere -- grocery
> stores, wherever.  The BCI-21, at least, seems to
> be the standard Canon cartridge that everyone stocks.

The 21 is the color cartridge.  If the part # 21 is on an item
containing black ink, than the item is a tank with black ink, to be
used as one of the tanks in a color cartridge.  The warning at the end
of my last message was not taken by me when I bought my CANON items at
the second hand store.  My "new" black item is a 21 tank, for the
color cartridge.  I think you get a better deal for black printing
when you buy the BC(I?) 20 black cartridge.

0
rusure

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)

Dating of Canon inkjet cartridges
Thanks to responses to inquiries of eBay sellers, as well as my own past purchases, I have been able to decode the date of manufacture of Canon inkjet cartridges, at least for the BC-20 (large black cartridge), the BC-21 (color cartridge), and the BCI-21 ink tanks that go into the BC-21. I believe that the 7-character batch number stamped on the botton of the cardboard box contains the date of manufacture in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th characters. The 2nd character is the month, starting with 1 for January, running to 9 for September. October, November, and December are O, N, and D. Th...

Date, date date date....
Date is driving me crazy. I simply need to calculate the age of a person: this is what doesn't work: public int getAge(Person person) { long d = new java.util.Date().getTime(); long m =person.dateOfBirth().getTime(); long l=d-m; SimpleDateFormat formatter = new SimpleDateFormat("yy"); return (new Integer(formatter.format(age))).intValue(); } I'm getting 91 for a person who's born in 1983 Since getYear() is depreciated I don't like to use that I found that Calender could do the job, but how do I cast Date into Calender in an easy way? hin...

Printer Ink

Ink for refilling Canon printer cartridges
About 3-4 years ago I found out you can refill printer cartridges and found a Canadian company that sold refill kits & ink. I bought a pint bottle and am just now running out, but it's been so long I have lost their contact info. The labels and instruction sheets don't have their name or number. Since I've had such good luck with their ink, I'd like to buy from them again before trying out another company. Anybody recognize this company? I remain respectful and a little bit hongry, X Guv Bob http://www.geocities.com/guvbob2003 Represented in all slander...

Most Popular Canon Toner, Canon Ink Cartridges, Canon Ribbons
The Buy Toner Online sells Canon Brands Toners, Ink cartridges and Ribbons. The Buy Toner Online is an ISO 9001&140001 certified online shopping site, which provides 100 percent unconditional guarantee to the products it sells. The Buy Online Toner displays top selling products separately to enable the customer to choose their product easily without confusion. Buy Toner online sales by major Canon products are below: BJ Printers Canon BJ 5 Canon BJ 10 Canon BJ 100 Canon BJ 20 Canon BJ 200 Canon BJ 230 BJC printers Canon BJC 1000 Canon BJC 1010 Canon BJ...

Followup on unknown ink cartridge expiration date
I haven't called Hp yet and that's a good thing. I bought a #10 large capacity black ink cartridge and it's date stamped on the outside of the package reads Dec 05. When I installed it the Hp tool box said Dec 6 2005. So far so good. Two days later it said June 12 2006. I wish I knew what's going on 'cause I could make a killing updating cartridges. mark_ ...

two different kinds of cartridges for canon printers?
Hello, I'm sure this problem has been raised before, but I didn't find the answer when I googled for it, nor when I searched Canon's website, nor when I asked people in person. I have two Canon printers: the BJC-2000 and the BJC-4550. Both of them are supposed to take the BC-20 cartridge, which I have installed, and the BCI-21, which I have not. The problem is that the BCI-21 is very different in shape and size from the BC-20. The BCI-21, even when paired (color + black), is not quite a matchup to the BC-20. What's going on? Why do several diferent sou...

Various HP printer ink expiration dates analyzed
Q: What is the significance of the date printed on the HP ink PACKAGE? SINGAPORE MAY 2003 > Relevant Hewlett Packard ink cartridge dates are: > - The date HP manufactured the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge > - The date HP prints on the ink cartridge package consumer cardboard box > - The date HP printer cartridges are installed in the printer > - The date HP first stops printing (due to false "low ink" messages) > - The date HP usually stops printing (due to false "expiration" messages) > - The date HP actually stops p...

HP CP1700 printer has expired cartridges. Any way to hack this?
My HP CP1700 printer just stopped working because the cyan, magenta, and yellow cartridges just expired. They are still half full, and were printing great a day ago. This is just another one of HP's "rape the customer" tricks, and has earned them my black-ball for next time. Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the expiration date in the cartridge? Thanks. ...

Canon Printer Cartridges -- Be Sure To Get The Right Ones!
I already posted about my problem -- I put in new cartridges, and suddenly the colors were messed up -- but the solution struck me as so unexpected -- the kind of thing that could trip other people up -- that I thought it's worth having an entire separate thread. I don't know if this can happen with other brands, but it turns out that Canon makes printers that use identically SHAPED ink cartridges, but where the cartridges are subtly different colors. For example, they have plain Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta; and then they also have PHOTO Cyan, PHOTO Yellow, and PHOTO Magenta....

HP #10 ink cartridges expiration date unknown???
I bought 3 #10 cartridges for my last remaining HP printer (2000c). All three have an expiration date well into next year. Says so on the outside of their boxes. Yet the HP tool box says expiration date is unknown!! I pulled them out and put still useful cartridges in and their expiration dates show up. I put the new ones in and still no expiration date. Their ink levels also show as if they are about to run out. Well, I weighed a cartridge I knew for sure was totally empty and it weighed 1.5 oz. I weighed all three new cartridges and the results were 2.5, 2.3, and 2.5 oz. I talked w...

Web resources about - Expiration dates of sealed CANON printer cartridges - comp.sys.cbm

Expiration (options) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance, the expiration date of an option contract is the last date on which the holder of the option may exercise it according to its terms. ...

Facebook Sends Notifications To Users With Claimed Offers That Are Near Expiration
The tweaks to Facebook offers continue, with some users seeing notifications alerting them that offers they have claimed will expire soon. continued… ...

Fresh Pantry - Food Expiration Date List on the App Store on iTunes
Get Fresh Pantry - Food Expiration Date List on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

netflix expiration - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore catastrophegirl's photos on Flickr. catastrophegirl has uploaded 7090 photos to Flickr.

Expiration Date - YouTube
Engineer and Medic make an unsettling new discovery while experimenting with the teleporter. Meanwhile, Scout stops insulting Spy long enough ...

Critics pan Terminator: Genisys in first reviews as 'past its expiration date'
Terminator fans have had high hopes for the latest, fifth instalment in the science-fiction franchise. But now the early reviews of T5 are flowing ...

A good time to go: Baird leaves before election expiration
Baird did what a lot of his colleagues should do. He called his own retirement play.

Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed
Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed People's Daily Online Expiration date for CNOOC acquisition of Nexen postponed. ( ...

How key-based cache expiration works
... structures, like the one we’re using for Basecamp Next . Thankfully there’s a better way. A much better way. It’s called key-based cache expiration ...

OnePlus X pricing seemingly leaks as OnePlus 2 invite expiration is extended
OnePlus' next handset has been the subject of many a post in recent days and weeks. Dubbed the OnePlus X, one of the only things we've been unclear ...