isn't the troll, these STUPID guys don't ignore him is problem!!!

--

    joerg...

comp.sys.cbm 13943 articles. 13 followers. dunric (341) is leader. Post Follow

Oracle Listener problem in Solaris 9
We are running Solaris 9, Veritas 3.5 storage foundation and Oracle 8.1.7. Our DBA shutdown the Oracle listener and now she could not bring it backup due to the error messages below : Attempted to listen on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=E8UCOR01)(PORT=1522))) TNS-12546: TNS:permission denied TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error TNS-00516: Permission denied Solaris Error: 13: Permission denied There is no change to the server. All Oracle env, e.g., $Oracle_Home, $PATH, etc have remained the same. Has anyone out there come across this sort of problem before. We are quit...

problem using fmincon
Hi, I am using the fmincon function with a non-linear constraint as shown below: -- [ wts, fval, exitflag, output ] = fmincon( @mvo_sub, x0, A, b, Aeq, beq, lb, ub, @mycon, options ); -- where: -- function [c,ceq] = mycon(x) load cova_capw ceq = []; c = (x-capw)*cova*(x-capw)' - 0.07; end -- where x0, x and capw are all row vectors of the same size, and cova is a covariance matrix of the appropriate dimensions. When the optimization runs, it goes until suddently the x vector becomes a colomn vestor, and then an error message appears: -- ??? Error u...

a Gamestop Manager Won't Sell Games To Stupid Kids
http://tinyurl.com/3y3zbq Bad For Business Gamestop Manager Won't Sell Games To Stupid Kids A Gamestop store in South Dallas is breaking corporate policy by refusing to sell games to schoolkids who can't prove they're doing well at school. Managed by Brandon Scott, he's got a store rule that unless an adult can verify that a child is getting good grades at school he won't sell a game to them. Any game. Even Pony Friends. Scott: "I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but to me it's worth it, because the kids understand that somebody cares.&qu...

Re: Bizarre fmtsearch problem #2
Hi, Paul as always RTFM is part of the cure: PROC Options define value option = fmtsearch;run; Option Value Information For SAS Option FMTSEARCH Option Value: (WORK LIBRARY) Option Scope: Default How option value set: Shipped Default Option Definition Information for SAS Option FMTSEARCH Group= ENVFILES Group Description: SAS library and file location information Description: List of catalogs to search for formats and informats Type: The option value is of type CHARACTER Maximum Number of Characters: 2048 When Can Set: Startup or anytime during the...

Re: Why do STUPID LIBERALS think Kerry is better than Bush? #80
"Elizabot v2.0.1" <Elizabot@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote in article 41433b64$0$206$75868355@news.frii.net on 9/11/04 10:52 AM: > Snit wrote: > >> "Elizabot v2.0.1" <Elizabot@NsOpSyPmAaMc.com> wrote in article >> 4143340e$0$207$75868355@news.frii.net on 9/11/04 10:21 AM: >> >> >>>>>>> I'm sure Snuggles and Snit will find this post. If not TFB. I'm >>>>>>> not going to address each and every one of their posts. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> I've had a change...

Printing Problem...Words disappear when colored
I have an iMac G5 with Wireless Keyboard & Mouse and running OS 10.3.5. When I type a letter in either AppleWorks 6.xx or TextEdit and bold, italicize, and underline words and color various other words in the letter and look at the results in Print Preview everything looks great, but when I print the letter the colored words have disappeared. I deleted the original Mac OS driver for my hp deskjet 6122, thinking that this may be the problem, and downloaded the hp driver for this model printer. However, the problem still remains-----blank spaces where words are colored. Any help in solving...

Dev2000 Installation problem
Hi, I'm installing Oracle Developer/2000 Release 2.1 onto Personal Oracle 8 (V8.0.4.0.0), under Windows ME. The error message I get during installation is: "Orainst has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL. Orainst will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." I'd be very grateful for any suggestions anyone can offer. Thanks, Simon Simonbr120 wrote: > Hi, > > I'm installing Oracle Developer/2000 Release 2.1 onto Personal Oracle 8 > (V8.0.4.0.0), under Windows ME. > > The error message I ge...

Disapointed in the trolls
You'd think that in the past month or two, with all the searching for bad aspects of Lion, one of you (assuming there isn't in reality just one one you) would have noticed that not only is it rather hard for someone with a dial up connection to get Lion, but once they do it kills their Apple USB modem. That was a nasty shock last night :) I was going to downgrade today, but luckily found out some third party modems still worked so picked up a Zoom and all is well. (the problem is Lion is now all 64 bit and the Apple modem is 32 bits. It'll work if you force a boot into 32...

MDI Problem #2
Hi there people. I'm writing an MDI application and I've got a small problem. I need to enable/disable the toolbar buttons according to what MDI Child window is open - i.e. I need to call my UpdateMenuAndButtons function whenever the state of the MDI Client window and it's children changes. The update function sends a WM_MDIGETACTIVE message to find out if there is an active window, but I can't figure out the best place to call this function. I've tried various things, but I can never get it to update when all child windows have been closed - the child...

FUD > Linux makes you stupid
NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender. -------------------------------------------------------- Note the posting date and the subject. Then look at the date of the article. Linux makes you stupid. From: "Daeron" <daeron@demon.net> Subject: latest virus infects dotNET, news.com.com Date: Saturday, 25 October 2003 7:29 AM Microsoft accidentally distributes virus Robert Lemos June 14 2002 update Microsoft accidentally sent the virulent Nimda worm to South Korean developers when it distributed Korean-langu...

cookie problem with a computer
Hi I have a problem with cookies on an intranet page created in PHP. All the computers on the network except one works with cookies!! I though it was a general cookie problem, but every other site works, this includes hotmail and so on.. I even opened up the cookie directory and new files are created for every site visited except the intranet page. Why is this? Why is it happening to only one computer while all the other computers work fine? help! WhatsPHP wrote: > Hi > > I have a problem with cookies on an intranet page created in PHP. All > the computers on the network exce...

Lan problem solved on HP 8575c
I recently replaced the drive on an HP 8575c. I did not get an HP modified drive so the restore disc would not work. I installed Win 2000 since I feel that 98Se is trash. I was able to find drivers for and get everything to work except the network adaptor. It would connect to the internet through the cable modem for about 20-30 seconds then hang. I downloaded and tried every driver I could find with no success. I ended up buying a new NIC card for $10.00. When I installed it the machine said that I had a Realtek card. Since the box said that it was a Hawking card, I figured that there w...

Solve Problem
I'm getting an error message and don't know why. I copied from the help file the following: eqns := (u + v + w = 1, 3*u + v = 3, u - 2*v - w = 0); sols := solve ( eqns ); The program responds, "Error, (in solve) invalid arguments." I've tried a variety of rearrangements but continue to get the same error message. What's wrong? Thanks. -- Cindy Smith Unless the LORD build the house, cms@dragon.com they labor in vain who build. cms@5sc.net Unless the LORD guard the city, cms@romancatholic.org in vain does the guard keep watch. Me tra...

Cisco 1801 VPN Problem
Hi to all... I have setup a vpn between to sites. The vpn is up, clients from both parts will ping each other, but each router cannot ping hosts on the other side (neither the other router). Tracert show a missing hop, and no application are working between the VPN. What can be? Thanks! Masterx81 wrote: > Hi to all... > I have setup a vpn between to sites. The vpn is up, clients from both > parts will ping each other, but each router cannot ping hosts on the > other side (neither the other router). > Tracert show a missing hop, and no application are working between the > V...

test 6 please ignore

Problem with functions getting invalidated
Hi guys, I have three databases... A, B, C A has two schema a1 and a2. a1 is my test environment and has synonyms to B (using db links) a2 is my dev environment and has synonyms to C (using db links) the problem that i am facing is... when i compile function f1 in a1 it compiles fine, but the function in f2 becomes invalid. The same is true vice versa. i.e. I compile f1 in a2 and its fine, but f1 in a1 becomes invalid. since there are no errors at the time of compilation, your suggestions cannot really be THE solution to situation. What I look for is, for what rea...

If I was A Troll
I'd do a much better job. Maybe I'd swim along and break my nose every second corner. -- .___ .__ __| _/_______ _|__|____ ____ ____ ____ / __ |/ __ \ \/ / \__ \ / \_/ ___\/ __ \ / /_/ \ ___/\ /| |/ __ \| | \ \__\ ___/ \____ |\___ >\_/ |__(____ /___| /\___ >___ > \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ ...

Baldurs Gate 2 problem...
Hi guys, I wonder if you might share some wisdom with me? My friend who cant get on the internet has run into some trouble in BG2. I completed it years ago and cant for the life of me remember this scenario! He says that He's been dragging Aerie's corpse around with him for ages, ever since she was turned into a vampire by Bodhi, but can't figure out how to bring her back to life. I don't remember this happening, but that might just be me. He also says he has to speak to the priests of 'Oghma' but they wont say much to him. Not sure what he's on about myself. Any i...

[News] Patent Trolls and Abusers Vote on Patent Reform (Fox and Henhouse)
Lawmakers take aim at patent speculators ,----[ Quote ] | Passage of patent reform would certainly placate many technology companies, | while angering critics who fear a trampling of the property rights of | relatively powerless inventors. `---- http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/lawmakers-take-aim-boom-frivolous/story.aspx?guid=%7B269C4D12-1D90-4E2C-90C8-DB8DD8AB9744%7D&siteid=yhoof http://tinyurl.com/2l7nvq Google leaps on patent reform bandwagon ,----[ Quote ] | Today, some of the biggest names in high-tech have their eyes on the nation's | capital, where lawmakers are b...

sysidcfg is ignored when creating new zones at the first boot
Hello, some time ago we set the timezone of newly created zones using the following method: - create a /path/to/root_of_zone/etc sysidcfg file with the following content: network_interface=PRIMARY { hostname=<REMOVED> protocol_ipv6=no } security_policy=NONE name_service=DNS {domain_name=<REMOVED> name_server=<REMOVED> search=<REMOVED>} timezone=Europe/Berlin timeserver=localhost system_locale=en_US terminal=xterms root_password=<REMOVED> - than boot the zone with "zoneadm -z ZONE boot" This worked b...

IGNORE testing new news service
test -- Ronald E Jeffries http://www.XProgramming.com http://www.objectmentor.com I'm giving the best advice I have. You get to decide whether it's true for you. On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 04:04:24 -0800, Ron Jeffries wrote: > test There are newsgroups dedicated to testing, Ron! Ron Jeffries wrote: > test GREEN BAR tests run: 1 failed: 0 errors: 0 Regards, Ilja ...

problem with array..help
hi to everybody I have a problem with an array... I have an array in a cycle for but the iterations that serve me they are more than those max admitted for an array that in my computer they are around 23000. What I ask you is: 1)How do to make to continue the calculations over this limit of iterations? 2)can I use another array that you leave again by where the first one is stopped? But as I do? I hope to find someone that the problem resolves me.... however thanks hi use a vector instead, vector<int> myvect, this is dynamic "quetzalcoatl" <oriakyj@hotmail.com> wrote...

strange problems with Random
Recently Mark Coleman wrote a message with the subject "Differences in Random Numbers" in which he described his experience of getting statistically incorrect answers when using Random[UniformDistribution[0,1]] instead of simple Random[]. Jens Kuska and Bill Rowe pointed out that the package ContinuousDistributions contains the code UniformDistribution/: Random[UniformDistribution[min_:0, max_:1]] := Random[Real, {min, max}] and that seemed to be it. However, I have now encountered a problem that makes me feel strongly that there is more to this problem than it ...

What is it with the Brown Zune, Trolls and Vulgar Suggestions?
Some trolls make a big deal out of a brown Zune, suggesting that it's a POS. But people drive brown cars, have brown picture frames, eat from brown dishes, have brown dogs, and live in brown houses and no one complains about that. The POS thing is a mean spirited bad rap. On Sep 15, 10:40 pm, "gimme_this_gimme_t...@yahoo.com" <gimme_this_gimme_t...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Some trolls make a big deal out of a brown Zune, suggesting that it's > a POS. > > But people drive brown cars, have brown picture frames, eat from brown > dishes, have brown dogs, and l...

Installation problem
Hello, I'm trying to intall 4.8 on my Athlon 1.0 GHz Win2K box on a separate partition. When I boot off the installation CD I go the the kernal conifiguration menu and select the full screen, visual mode. Right away, I noticed there is nothing listed under the Network heading. Also, when I accept the changes made the installation hangs with the last line on the screen reading : plip 0:<PLIP Network Interface> on ppbus0 Any help would be appreciated. Cheers is your network card supported under freebsd? "ealvarez24" <ealvarez24@cox.net> wrot...