The Warpzone - Back Online! Telnet to a Real Commodore 64 now!

Hello,

The Warpzone is back up, using BBSLink 1.1.1 that I finished earlier
today.  I think BBSLink is now ready to go if people want to try it
out.  I'm going to be focusing on other related projects for a little
while, but rest assured more is coming for BBSLink!

Please forget any previous URL's, they won't work!

From now on, use:  http://imagebbs.hostingmountain.com

Follow the main page to the Warpzone page. From there you will always
see an up to date status of the BBS, and the correct IP address.  If
it's available, just click to connect and you should be all set!
Please be patient with it.  It is a real Commodore 64 with 1581 disk
drive.  Sometimes it may be running maintenance or recovering from a
call and BBSLink may not know it's doing this.  Just try again in 1-2
minutes.  If after a couple hours it's not responding, let me know!

Thanks,

Tommy Watt
0
tommy359 (14)

"Tommy Watt" <tommy@ispwest.com> wrote in message

> Please be patient with it.  It is a real Commodore 64 with 1581 disk
> drive.  Sometimes it may be running maintenance or recovering from a
> call and BBSLink may not know it's doing this.  Just try again in 1-2
> minutes.  If after a couple hours it's not responding, let me know!

Hi Tommy,

This looks great!    Especially with Hypterminal and the Commodore font.  :)
I got in, no problem.

Unfortunately it got stuck at "Please enter your phone number" - it only
allowed me to send certain digits (3,4,5) and I couldn't send hyphens, so it
never accepted the number.

What might the problem be?

-Leif

--
Call Negative Format BBS - Hosted on a real C64!
Telnet to  c64bbs.no-ip.com  or 209.151.141.59   Port 23

0
Leif
6/27/2003 4:54:34 PM
The problem is that Image validates the area code.  But since years
have passed and area codes have changed, it's list is not complete.  I
am planning on releasing a modified version of Image BBS that has all
this removed.  No ETA on this, I am doing some testing for the next
couple of weeks, so everything is on hold for now.

"Leif Bloomquist" <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:<d2e3ea0a701965e09614c894229f0cf8@free.teranews.com>...
> "Tommy Watt" <tommy@ispwest.com> wrote in message
>
> > Please be patient with it.  It is a real Commodore 64 with 1581 disk
> > drive.  Sometimes it may be running maintenance or recovering from a
> > call and BBSLink may not know it's doing this.  Just try again in 1-2
> > minutes.  If after a couple hours it's not responding, let me know!
>
> Hi Tommy,
>
> This looks great!    Especially with Hypterminal and the Commodore font.  :)
> I got in, no problem.
>
> Unfortunately it got stuck at "Please enter your phone number" - it only
> allowed me to send certain digits (3,4,5) and I couldn't send hyphens, so it
> never accepted the number.
>
> What might the problem be?
>
> -Leif
0