Any IDE's available for Palm OS development under Linux?

After struggling for hours to get J2ME working in JBuilder 9,
then discovering that there is no real support for PDA's
(forms, buttons, etc.), I'm looking for an IDE that will
allow me to develop Palm OS apps under Linux.  So far I
haven't found any.

-Thanks

0
Fred
8/3/2004 1:51:12 PM
comp.sys.handhelds 2237 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[News] Another Glimpse at Palm's Secret Linux-based in-development Palm OS II
Yes, Virginia, There is a New Palm OS ,----[ Quote ] | Now, the unnamed new OS that wags have been calling "Nova" or "Palm OS II" | isn't the Linux-based OS that Palm was going to use last year. That product, | the Access Linux Platform, didn't meet Palm's standards, Maes said. | | "There were things in that platform that were focused on a different set of | customers than what we were looking to do, and there were things in that | platform that do not support things we would like to do going forward," Maes | said. `---- http://www.pcmag....

[News] Palm's Linux-based O/S to be Completed by Year's End

[News] Palm's and Nokia'a Linux Phones Another Sign of the Platform's Success?

[News] Palm's 'Nova Linux' in the Making, Archos Made Linux-based Flexible
Palm Codenames Linux-Based Palm OS II Nova ,----[ Quote ] | Now comes word from Palm Infocenter that the PDA pioneer not only has yet | another, third, smartphone in the works, but that that device is being used | to test its long-delayed Linux-based follow up to the Palm OS, which now has | an internal codename of its own. `---- http://www.smartphonetoday.com/articles/2008/1/2008-1-11-Palm-Codenames-Linux.html Archos 605 WiFi Linux hack ,----[ Quote ] | Personally, I think the Archos 605 WiFi is a cool enough gadget on its own, | but there's always something to be said for hack...

[News] Palm's Linux-based OS in the Making; =?UTF-8?B?RXhvbuKAmXM=?= Quran PDA Runs Linux Too

Linux is deader than OS/2 and Han's Reiser's wife!!
Munchkins, Congrats! At .06 percent desktop market share, we have successfully held back the adoption of Linux. Even though Vista is the ME of our time, we have proven that we can successfully hold ground. As we know, usually after an ME we have a success like in the case of XP. Windows 7 will be that great OS, especially when integrated with MSN/Yahoo Live! The linux numbers are worse than OS/2's ever were on the desktop, and we must thank our selves for our efforts as the last few years were rough with the borked Vista OS. Thank our OEM team whom pounded the OEMs to not release...

[News] Why Palm's Linux-based Foleo Has Room in Today's Market

It's on-it's off-it's on, it's off -WHY?
IS THIS THE CORRECT FORUM? Hope so. We have three computer networked at home...all with Windows XP. one of those is a laptop. Some mornings all 3 can see each other and transfer files...then mysteriously one or more will disappear. No contact....then later it's back. The laptop is the worst. Most often it won't let us in...but sometimes it will. No obvious reason. The most INFURIATING part is the message "see your administrator". Dammit Bill Gates...don't you realize that most networks are small offices without a Majestic Royal Administrator sitting his i...

[tao-users] OCI's new TAO 1.6a Developer's Guide available
OCI has published a new edition of the TAO Developer's Guide. The new two-volume guide is consistent with OCI's Distribution of TAO version 1.6a. To purchase the TAO 1.6a Developer's Guide, visit http://www.ociweb.com/products/ace-tao and click on the "Documentation" link, or visit http://www.theaceorb.com/ and click on the "Purchase" link. On-line credit card purchases are now processed via OCI's account with PayPal. This latest edition of OCI's TAO Developer's Guide is focused exclusively on TAO. Documentation on MPC and CIAO have b...

[News] Palm's Future Linux Platform Reaches Developers
ACCESS Releases ACCESS Linux Platform PDK and SDK ,----[ Quote ] | The Company also has said that ACCESS Linux Platform is the official | name of its next-generation Linux-based software platform optimizedf | or mobile phones and other converged mobile devices. In addition, | the ACCESS Garnet OS (also known as Palm OS Garnet) compatibility | layer included with ACCESS Linux Platform, has been named ACCESS | Garnet VM. `---- http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Mobile/ACCESS_Releases_ACCESS_Linux_Platform_PDK_and_SDK http://tinyurl.com/2tz3g4 I know the companies are independent, but to Palm ...

[News] Palm's Linux-based OS Bound to Improve

[News] Video of Palm's New Linux-based OS
[It's not truly Palm(Source), it's ALP, but still...] A Close Up View of Access Linux Platform at 3GSM ( with Video) ,----[ Quote ] | Several shots show a smartphone emulator running the Access Linux | Platform (ALP). Here you can see ALP's Today Screen, Applications | Launcher (see top image), Garnet VM controls and a number other | status and preference screens. Next up is an actual developer | phone shown running ALP in a screen shot and a minute-and-a-half | video. `---- http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/2007/2/2007-2-14-A-Close-Up.html On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:21:15 +0000, ...

[News] Palm's Linux Incarnation Now Available for Download
Framework aims to commercialize mobile Linux apps ,----[ Quote ] | Access's open-source "application framework" for Linux devices, | released under the Mozilla Public License (MPL), is now available | for download. The Hiker Application Framework -- a set of libraries | and utilities for GTK+ application installation, management, | security, and inter-communication -- aims to enable the | commercialization of applications targeting mobile Linux devices. | | Access's wholly owned PalmSource subsidiary is practically synonymous | with mobile devices. More people around the wo...

[News] gOS Linux OS (Google's? For the Desktop?) Available for Download
gOS-live 1.0 386 ,----[ Quote ] | Based on Ubuntu 7.10 Linux system with an Enlightenment E17 interface, the | PC's productivity will be almost solely derived from Google applications | accessed through Firefox: Mail, Calendar, News, Maps and Documents & | Spreadsheets. It also comes with OpenOffice.org 2.2 and some other freeware | Linux favorates. `---- http://linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=4822 http://www.thinkgos.com/downloads.html Related: [Google Joins OIN] ,----[ Quote ] | You'll often hear members of our open source team say, "Every | time you ...

Web resources about - Any IDE's available for Palm OS development under Linux? - comp.sys.handhelds

Doha Development Round - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Doha Development Round or Doha Development Agenda ( DDA ) is the current trade-negotiation round of the World Trade Organization (WTO) which ...

Village plan to guide future development of Tharwa
The ACT government is developing a village plan for Tharwa to guide future development of Canberra's oldest settlement.

Software Development Conferences Forecast January 2016
Here is a list of software development related conferences and events on Agile project management ( Scrum, Lean, Kanban), software testing and ...

Donald Rumsfeld Tries Game Development With Churchill Solitaire
Former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld has entered the world of mobile game development with the release of Churchill Solitaire on iOS. The ...

Facebook irks devs by shutting Parse mobile development platform
Facebook is closing down Parse, its mobile development platform, just three years after acquiring it for $85 million. The shutdown comes as something ...

Fed Closely Watching Developments; Rate Path Still 'Gradual'
Bloomberg Fed Closely Watching Developments; Rate Path Still 'Gradual' Bloomberg Federal Reserve officials left interest rates unchanged and ...

Tencent Holdings Ltd Halts Windows 10 Mobile QQ Development
China Business News Tencent Holdings Ltd Halts Windows 10 Mobile QQ Development China Business News Chinese internet giant Tencent Holdings ...

Science Channel Taps Caroline Perez As VP Development & Production
Discovery Communications veteran Caroline Perez has been named Vice President of Development and Production, Science Channel . This marks Marc ...

Good Old Games is selling still-in-development titles, too
... with Early Access games? Well, not Good Old Games anymore. Today the PC-gaming seller is announcing its curated take on vending still-in-development ...