Who still uses a 200LX or DOS LX Palmtop?

If so what are your uses?  I bid on one on ebay and hope to finally
playu with one.  I played with a 95LX but was not impressed.

John
--
1Cor. 1:18 � For the message of the cross is foolishness to
those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it

John wrote:
> If so what are your uses?  I bid on one on ebay and hope to finally
> playu with one.  I played with a 95LX but was not impressed.
>

> John
> --
> 1Cor. 1:18 =B6 For the message of the cross is foolishness to
> those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it
> is the power of God.
> (Read John MacArthur's "Ashamed of the Gospel" when the church
becomes like the world).

0
lareya
2/23/2005 6:56:47 AM
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:04:30 -0800, John wrote:

> If so what are your uses?  I bid on one on ebay and hope to finally
> playu with one.  I played with a 95LX but was not impressed.

Hi

Lots of people still use them. Head over to the HPLX maillist to meet
up with us.

I use my HPLX for among other things:

Appointments (best appointmentbook I have seen)
Notesbook(s) to keep track of cd, minidisc + job related
Phonebook almost a 1000 enteries. Great with subsets

Plus even more of the built in things.

Then I use the HPLX for these programs
POST/LX with ethernet/cellphone
MM/LX to organize my thoughts on whatever subject (great to use as a
tool when you want to get something published in html fast)
TT/LX to keep track of my time
Quick/LX add on to let me write quicker

Well these are only examples on what programs I use on my beloved HPLX.
I have three in reserve. The HPLX will outlive me. :-)

My current one is a Doublespeed 32MB with System Carousel. I have 1GB
Sandisk Compact flash in adapter where I store even more stuff For the
HPLX.

I hope you get the one from Ebay.

Regards

--
Martin Bergvill ,Narvik Norway

Regards

0
Martin
2/23/2005 11:19:52 PM
Do you have a link to this news list you mention?

Thanks

TMT

0
Too_Many_Tools

Who still uses DOS and for what?
DOS interests me. Luckily I still am using Windows 98. What do you guys use DOS for? John "John" <johnw_94020@yahoo.comPDA> wrote in message news:_Ejre.10953$rt3.3302@fe03.lga... > DOS interests me. Luckily I still am using Windows 98. What do you guys > use > DOS for? > > John > Anything where serious work needs to be done. Playing with graphics is all very fine, but it takes an incredible amount of processing power to follow the clicky-flashy path. No finesse, and ever-larger programs to perform the most trivial functions. ...

never thought DOS was still in use -;)

28 DOS fallacies. DOS palmtop vs. Win CE/PPC palmtops
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~ak621/DOS/DOS-Fal.html I would have to agree with many of these. But I think DOS should always be used in conjunction with Windows instead of replacing it. But then again this depends on the scanario. As for me how much I wish I would have known about the HP 200LX DOS palmtop PC (http://www.daniel-hertrich.de/200lx/) before I went Windows CE. Some CE screenshots http://johnw.freeshell.org/graphics/HPCbackground.BMP http://johnw.freeshell.org/graphics/hpc/pine.jpg http://johnw.freeshell.org/graphics/hpc/ Having tested a HP 200LX I can vouch that this m...

Are you still actively using CA-Clipper for DOS ?
Hi I have just added a Poll as above at Clipper... Clipper... Clipper, http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com to determine whether it is still worthwhile to publish articles on CA-Clipper for DOS . Regards CCH http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com CCH knastet i vei: > Hi > > I have just added a Poll as above at Clipper... Clipper... Clipper, > http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com to determine whether it is still > worthwhile to publish articles on CA-Clipper for DOS . And I gave my vote for 5.2e ... Dino On Feb 24, 6:28=A0pm, CCH <ChongHwa.C...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I...

Do PC's still use DOS?
Do newer PC's yes with XP still have DOS written on their BIOS chip? I have not tried it yet, but is it possible to wipe out XP on a newer Dell or whatever and get back to a plain DOS prompt? Most PC people claim that XP/2000 whatever does not have any DOS below its OS like Windows 98 or have any DOS instructions on its ROM BIOS chip but I do not believe it. I have not tried inserting a DOS boot floppy, and testing it for myself. In my 98 machine I can boot from a floppy, wipe out the hard drive, partition and then do a format C: /s and the machine will boot with only DOS. I ...

Who uses still uses MCA RS/6000s?
Hello all, I am trying to gage the usage of MCA RS/6000s these days. I'm working on a web site that will cover RS/6k basics and provide modern free software for AIX 4.3.3 and 5.1. Please reply to the group or send me a note if you do use these machines. Kevin Kevin You said "I'm working on a web site that will cover RS/6k basics" Will vote for that. Still struggling on with a couple of MCA RS6000's Basil Kevin Bowling schrieb: > I am trying to gage the usage of MCA RS/6000s these days. All builds of Firefox for AIX 4.3.3 are compiled on a...

Re: Who uses still uses MCA RS/6000s?
Hi Kevin Will vote for that too. Work occasionaly with two 7011-44 MCA RS6000's with AiX 3.2 and 4.2 at home J�rg ...

Forcing NT to use RAM for PAGEFILE.SYS using RAMDISK ??
The above was the subject of a pretty long thread in this group, back in 1997. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc/browse_frm/thread/5b3260f345a97644/9b784761a66f1d69#9b784761a66f1d69 Sad to see that today with WindowsXP the situation hasn't improved. I have 2GB of RAM in my laptop, and TaskInfo shows that 1.4GB is free, but I still see periodic page-out activity on my disk, with only 130MB being used by the filesystem cache. I've enabled LargeSystemCache and various other registry tweaks to tell Windows to cache as much as possible, but it's still i...

when to use == and when to use is
I know this question has been answered: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6570371/when-to-use-and-when-to-use-is , but I still have doubts. Consider the following code: class A: def __init__(self, a): self._a = a #def __eq__(self, other): # return self._a != other._a obj_0 = A(0) obj_1 = A(1) obj_2 = A(2) obj = obj_1 if obj == obj_0: print(0) elif obj == obj_1: print(1) elif obj == obj_2: print(2) if obj is obj_0: print(0) elif obj is obj_1: print(1) elif obj is obj_2: print(2) Both if statements wo...

use of stills
Is it possible to create a video programme (capable of being put on to cd) based on jpeg's and voice-over? Can jpeg's be converted to a format which will let them be captured by Pinnacle or Ulead etc. or do the stills have to be shot with a camcorder? ...

still in use
is this grp still running "Still lurking about" CadAd �--� "lorys" <lorys@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message news:461ca939$1_2@news.chariot.net.au... > is this grp still running Still here Holar if you need me Joseph M. Deeley Senior Design Technician/ Dallas RCUG Rep. HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions 17111 Preston Rd. #300 Dallas, Tx 75248-2096 Phone: (972)960-4462 Fax: (972)9604471 Email: mdeeley@hdrinc.com ...

when to use ; and when to use ,
Any statements like printf("abc"); scanf("%d",&x); a=20; can be replaced by printf("abc"), scanf("%d",&x), a=20; So when should we use ; and when sould we use , In article <1181971596.941107.318810@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, Ravi <ra.ravi.rav@gmail.com> wrote: >Any statements like > printf("abc"); > scanf("%d",&x); > a=20; >can be replaced by > printf("abc"), scanf("%d",&x), a=20; > >So when should we use ; and when sould we use , Use ; when you want ...

How to use DOS
Hi there, I'm running DOS 2.5 on an emulator and I have a disk image with a bunch of games on it. When I do 'A return return, I see all the names of the games, but then when I type 'L' and it asks for the name and I type SHAMUS or SHAMUS.BIN or even SHAM* I get an error 164. What is that? Thanks "ruby" <garyrubinstein@MUNGEahoo.com> wrote in message > Hi there, > > I'm running DOS 2.5 on an emulator and I have a disk image with a bunch > of games on it. When I do 'A return return, I see all the names of the > games, b...

Using using
I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 but gnuplot complains Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] although the data file contains 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 What am I doing wrong? I read this in the manual: plot 'file' using 1:($2+$3) "%1f,%1f,%1f" which led me to use the above. I assume the format stuff is not needed. If I am doing this wrong, how do I modify a given column to be plotted arithmetically? -- Dieter...

Web resources about - Who still uses a 200LX or DOS LX Palmtop? - comp.sys.handhelds

Palmtop PC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Palmtop PC is an about pocket calculator -sized, battery-powered PC in a horizontal clamshell design with integrated keyboard and display. ...

Palm officially out of ideas, debuts 1990s palmtop concept
Palm's new Foleo "mobile companion" allows you to access e-mail, office files …

Brain scan: From palmtops to brain cells - The Economist
Corrections to this article Illustration by Andy Potts THE lecture theatre at Rensselaer Polytechnic, America's oldest engineering school, is ...

3M to Show New Pico and Palmtop Mobile Projectors at CES
3M is introducing two mobile mini-projectors at CES: the MP220, a 50-lumen LCOS-based pico projector, and the MP410, a 300-lumen DLP palmtop ...

New Palms Outshine Color Win CE Palmtops - Zoom Image 1 - PCWorld
Compaq Aero 2100, HP Jornada 420; 3Com Palm IIIx and Palm V

Filling the palmtop void
Filling the palmtop void

Palmtop NetBSD 10
sparcv9 writes "The NetBSD Team has added another port to their ever-growing list. This time, it's NetBSD/hpcsh (HPC = Handheld PC, SH = Hitachi ...

App Store - AbbStore-Lite - Free Medical Abbreviations, Eponyms & Acronyms
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about AbbStore-Lite - Free Medical Abbreviations, Eponyms & Acronyms on the ...

Media, Business & Communications Timeline: 1996 to 2000
1996 399,629 industrial robots in use in Japan, 70,858 in US Nominet established US Health Insurance Portability & Accountabilility Act US ...