Driving an HP 1955 LCD from an HP-Apollo workstation

Page B-5 of
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00283625/c00283625.pdf
implies that the HP 1955 LCD Monitor will support only 60/75 Hz at
1280x1024, even though other parts of the document imply it'll support
anything from 56 to 76 Hz, and don't get me started on those supposedly
configurable user modes - I couldn't find anything on-line about how to
use them, and HP Tech Support's been no help either :^(

The Apollo's trying to drive it at 72 Hz/78 kHz, both supposedly within
the specs of the monitor, but it displays an "input signal out of
range" message (cluttering up my screen), yet the display itself looks
OK. It also keeps going into sleep mode, though I have it turned off.
Finally, the menu button won't work unless I hold it for 20+ seconds,
and I can't toggle to the Windows Analog DVI input (which works OK)
with the +/- buttons unless I select it as the default input.  (The
Unix input is Analog VGA with synch-on-green turned on.)

Sure sounds like a software bug to me; I've been trading e-mails with
HP Tech Support and also blew 45 minutes on the phone to them (half of
that on hold), and both of them kept telling me I needed to change the
driver to match the monitor's "native mode" (i.e., 60 Hz). Then what's
with the 15 factory preset modes?

Based on poking through their web site, it looks like all of their LCD
User Guides say the same thing about the configurable User Modes - they
exist, but no info on how to access them :^(

I pointed this out to the Tech Support person, but she stuck to her
"this applies to the PC, not the Monitor" line :^(

Anybody know how to enter these secret User Modes, and can I use them
to set my Monitor up to take this oddball Unix video output?

TIA,

Ron Bauerle

comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

[...]

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With Hp the sales are generously scattered from one HP site to another HP site. I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? What I need to know so I can present to management should we consider buying be it used, refurbished, new for our business workstations HP or HP Compaq. I have studied the specs on all models and I see the progressive evolution. Xp to Vista to Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The intel core, memory, sata drives. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks In article <2b0098dd-8393-4021-a90d-2a2d602ca84e@ih1g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, Chuck McReynolds <ambcsc.archives@gmail.com> wrote: > I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? Compaq is a brand held by HP these days. -- May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods Those who eat natural foods die...

HP Storage Enclosure on HP workstation
Hi, I have an HP B132L workstation ( 9000/700 series ) running 10.20. I'm trying to add an " HP Storage Enclosure " to it. The enclosure is one of the small ones ( about 1 1/2 ft high and 1ft wide ) that can hold 4 full height DF disks. The whole enclosure ( 4 disks ) can be attached to a system with 2 FW scsi cables. I've terminated 1/2 the enclosure and am attaching the other half ( 2 disks ) with a FW cable. No matter what I do, I cannot get the system to boot when the enclosure is attached to it. I always get : Booting Failed to Initialize. I've made sure ther...

<Plug> HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & HP 9000 (HP-UX) Server
Below is a pricing guide of internal disk drives for most of the HP e3000 & HP 9000 server line. Feel free to email if you have any questions or want pricing but do not see your HP server listed. All disks have a one-year warranty & include mounting hardware.=20 HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & 9000 (HP-UX) Server - Internal Disk Drives HP e3000 - A & N Class MPE/iX Servers HP 9000 - rp74xx, rp54xx, rp24xx, N4000, A500, & L2000 Class HP-UX Servers=20 36GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $160.00 73GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $275.00 146GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI D...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g
Dear hp calculator users: I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide. The tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.) I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators among my students at Utah State University. We meet twice a week after classes for that purpose. I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the tutorial exercises: http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you can download to your calculator. So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU. I hope you find these materials useful. Sincerely, Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E. Associate Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Utah Water Research Laboratory Utah State University Logan, Utah 84322-4110 http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/ This is great ! Many thank's ! "Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> a �crit dans le...

OT: non-HP RAM to HP workstation?
Dear HP friends I would like to ask about RAM for HP xw9300 workstation (sorry, if too OT). 2 GB modules are much more then twice expensive than 1 GB modules, why? Will this be better after 4GB modules are available? Or are they available already? HP RAM is much more expensive then non-HP RAM modules! Why? Can I put non-HP RAM to a HP workstation? Will the speed go down? Will the warranty be violated? What is your experience? Thanks for any comments -- Pavel Pokorny Math Dept, Prague Institute of Chemical Technology http://www.vscht.cz/mat/Pavel.Pokorny Pavel Pokorny schrieb: >...

** wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals
wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC Please check our web site at http://www.smecc.org to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us. address: coury house / smecc 5802 w palmaire ave glendale az 85301 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Good non HP ink replacement for HP Vivera ( HP A168 )
I have a HP A618 compact printer which uses just a single 3 colour 5.5ml cartridge, the ink is stated as Vivera. The cartridge number is HP 110 (CB304AE) I have refilled the cartridge using JetTec universal ink which seems to give acceptable results, but wondered if anyone can suggest anything better? For anyone wanting to refill these carts, the colours are as below on the top of the cart, with 'Y' being nearest the front (electrical contact) end. If you remove the sticker on top of the cart, it exposes the holes for the ink, (no drilling needed). After refilling, ...

Choose box on the HP 49G+ like HP 39G or HP 38G
Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box function and/or how I can draw one? Thank you for your help Best Regards jajacom "jajacom" <jajacom@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:40b39978$0$7698$636a15ce@news.free.fr... > Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box > function and/or how I can draw one? X If you ask about a two level CHOOSE like in the HP 38/39/40 then this is a feature I've asked from JYA many times )-: [VPN] ...

HP Visualize C3000 HP-UX workstation questions
I do not have a diskette drive nor modem for this beast. Can I just install a plain Jane IDE diskette ? Will I be able to transfer files between it and a Windows machine? If I install an external modem to a serial port, does HP-UX have a default dialer that I can use to get on the net? Thanks onthe_road_again@hotmail.com schrieb: > I do not have a diskette drive nor modem for this beast. > Can I just install a plain Jane IDE diskette ? The "plain Jane" diskette drives are _not_ IDE but use a floppy interface (should be obvious if you have a look at the floppy cable and an IDE cable). And yes, you can use a generic floppy drive in a c3000. > Will I be able to transfer files between it and a Windows machine? yes, but it's plain easier to do that over a network. > If I install an external modem to a serial port, does HP-UX have a > default dialer that I can use to get on the net? Depends on the type of modem. If it's analog, then yes, if it's DSL/cable then no (at least not with plain HP-UX). BTW: the correct newsgroup for these questions is comp.sys.hp.hpux Benjamin ...

FA: HP-71B + accessories, HP-41C CCD module, HP-16C
See all auctions here: http://www.29f.de/auct.htm Best regards and Merry Christmas TB ...

HELP needed: Reassembling an HP-Tape-Drive for HP 9915B.
Hello I need some help to reassembly an HP tape drive. After complete disassembling and ultrasonic cleaning of a HP-Tape-Drive for an HP 9915B two parts remaining unassembled. Two parts, small thin chromium-plated metal stripes, are droped down out of the Device during dismantling. I could not find out where these have to be mounted again. Here a few pictures of the parts. http://www.nadhh.hanse.de/CMuseum/HP/HPTapeHilfe.htm PS: The text on this pahge means nearly the same in German as this more or less English text. Regrad j. ...

HP 7760 and HP 970cxi
Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today or for the next 8 hours? PJ PJX wrote: > Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today > or for the next 8 hours? > > PJ > > > I'd turn the 970 off. The 970 draws 4 watts on, 2 watts off. Not a lot of wasted power but it might extend the power supply life or give added protection against lighting/surge strikes. I don't know about the 7760. PJX wrote: >Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today >or for the next 8 hours? From a life expectancy point of view, it doesn't really matter. The biggest killer of electronic components is thermal expansion. Turning on and off repeatedly will cycle electronic devices through heating and cooling which eventually damages them. If the printer is left powered on, this is not an issue. But gentle heating and cooling, like being off for 8 hours, is generally not a big deal. As for ink clogging, if the printer is unused for about a minute, the printheads are parked to prevent them from drying out and becoming clogged. One thing to watch though, is to make sure you turn the printer off with its power button if you have it plugged into a power bar. This will make sure the heads are parked before losing power. My printer has a 30 minute auto-off feature and I have it enabled. PJX wrote: > Should I turn my printer...

HP 1000, A990 and HP
I have a remote site that has four HP1000 systems with A990 processors and I think the operationg system was UPM?? I believe a predecessor to HPUX. Anyhow, I heard somewhere that there is a command line utility that will report all the hardware installed on the system. Does anyone know about this? or for that fact, any software way to determine what is installed in the computers? (Short of taking them apart) TIA ...

HP 40G
I need some program for HP 40G but there arent many possibility. There are calculator that work like HP 40G? For example can I use program for HP 49G? Thanks "Some days are better than others" <TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO> wrote in message news:856m71t7t996tipcebmbemurpu4fg3b52k@4ax.com... >I need some program for HP 40G but there arent many possibility. > There are calculator that work like HP 40G? 39G, 39g+ (if you don't use CAS) > For example can I use program for HP 49G? NO I have found that I can Use program write for HP 38G It's stra...

HP 49G or HP 48GX?
-- -------------------------------- Sent from pine, yes that pine... Both are old, nut the 49G has internal Faslh for permanent storage 49G "Joel Snape" <jdsnape@catra.homeunix.net> wrote in message news:slrneroteb.ndi.jdsnape@localhost.localdomain... > > > -- > -------------------------------- > Sent from pine, yes that pine... > Thanks for your opinion, I think I will go for the HP49G Does anyone know of any good infomation on how to build a serial lead? I have only been able to find snippits of infomation. I was thinking of a complete howto k...

Web resources about - Driving an HP 1955 LCD from an HP-Apollo workstation - comp.sys.hp.hardware

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

workstation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
i tend to photograph trin from above. possibly because she is little. colour

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...