FIX: HP 4000/4050 "41.5 Printer Error", printer printing blanks

Hello everyone

Just posting this in the hope of making it easier for someone else
down the line - we have an HP LaserJet 4050 that suddenly started
throwing a 41.5 Printer Error and printing blanks. The fix turned out
to be very easy but if I hadn't figured it out it may have resulted in
an expensive service call.

My separation roller - the blue & grey roller in the paper tray - had
moved out of place. I just pushed it back in place and it was fixed.

Here's a page that has pictures of the separation and feed rollers on
a 4000 series printer. The separation roller is part of the paper tray
and is shown in the lower picture:

http://www.printertechs.com/tech/mkinst/mk-4000-7feed.php

Hope this helps someone.
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Installing printer "HP Laserjet 2420dn" in "Tru64 UNIX 5.1B"
Hi.. Folks i am having a problems installing this printer in Unix System, can anyone giving me a starting run to do it, or where can i get this information. Thks Bruno brunoacduarte@gmail.com wrote: > Hi.. > > Folks i am having a problems installing this printer in Unix System, > can anyone giving me a starting run to do it, or where can i get this > information. > > > Thks > > Bruno > You can use CUPS, but you'll probably have to compile it... www.cups.org Or if you want to use it just for text, you'll have to edit...

HP printer keeps printing "calibration page"!
I have an HP cp1160 printer, and after a recent session where I printed a number of test pages and calibration pages, the printer seems to be stuck in calibration page mode. Everytime I turn it on it prints a calibration page. After every print it prints another calibration page. I can't find a switch in the software that will shut this off. I went to the HP web site and downloaded the latest driver kit and installed it, but no change in the situation. Any suggestions for a way to fix this problem? John Look on HP's website re hardware reset, from memory you take all the data cables, cartridges and paper out, switch off at the mains for a few minutes then replace everything and power up. "jbclem" <jbclem@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:yy4Fb.12668$Pg1.2607@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > I have an HP cp1160 printer, and after a recent session where I printed a > number of test pages and calibration pages, the printer seems to be stuck in > calibration page mode. Everytime I turn it on it prints a calibration page. > After every print it prints another calibration page. I can't find a switch > in the software that will shut this off. I went to the HP web site and > downloaded the latest driver kit and installed it, but no change in the > situation. > > Any suggestions for a way to fix this problem? > > John > > ...

HP error message : "incorrect black printer cartridge"
I have had an HP1210v PSC for about 2 years now. I recently got some flashing lights for the check print cartridge error light. The diagnostics in the HP director states that "the black printer cartridge is the wrong kind". I have had the same cartridge in there since installation, and I don't think this is an "out of ink" problem. I emailed HP, and they had several suggestions (none of which worked, duh, like cleaning the contacts and resetting the printer and whatnot). They have a patch which is supposed to fix this, but when executed it gives the error message "did not find an eleigible printer to update". Hp states this patch always works, which, obviously, it doesn't. They now say it must be a hardware problem, but if a patch exists, I'm guessing it must be a software prob of some sort. I haven't tried replacing the cartridge (20$), because I'm still guessing its a software problem. Any ideas??? On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:24:35 -0500, in comp.periphs.printers kwijybo <ertweuyrto@urtypoertpeorwut.com> wrote: >Any ideas??? IIRC, HP carts have an expiration date. Is your cart beyond this date? ---------- Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet@EdwardG.Ruf.com) http://EdwardGRuf.com Ed Ruf <egruf_usenet@cox.net> wrote: > >>Any ideas??? > >IIRC, HP carts have an expiration date. Is your cart beyond this date? Didn't see the original message, but...

HP LaserJet III-Error code 12 "Printer Open" problem
This printer was just put into service 3 years ago although it was made in 1990. It is new out of the box and has printed less than 1000 pages. When turned on it cycles through the self test and into the printer open error. I have checked the obvious items including all switches, DC voltage, most cable connections, ground connections and have changed cartridges. I would scrap this machine except it is like new, it's fast ,quite, and I have several extra cartridges. Anybody have any ideas on fixing this problem? >HP LaserJet III-Error code 12 "Printer Open" problem I have a III and a IIID and I would take a look at the cover interlock switch to see if it is operating. The switch is just inside the cover opening on the right front as you stand in front of the printer. Try operating the switch with a match stick a few times. Then with the cover closed try pushing on the cover right above the switch. If this does not work you will probably have to adjust the cover switch. If you are the type it might be prudent to acquire a used printer to practice doing things like adjusting a switch. It will be rewarding. Bob AZ On 11 Feb 2004 04:41:32 GMT, rwatson767@aol.com (RWatson767) wrote: >>HP LaserJet III-Error code 12 "Printer Open" problem > >I have a III and a IIID and I would take a look at the cover interlock switch >to see if it is operating. The switch is just inside the cover opening on the >right fro...

"Photo" printers cheaper than "non-photo" printers?
I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? Monica "Monica" <nospam@guess.com> wrote in message news:akiee.15829$yV4.6261@okepread03... > I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most > part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? I'm doing the same because I already have an Epson 2100 for printing photos. I think the reason for this strange price difference is because they are aimed at office use rather than home use. Check the "duty cycle" figures in the specs. This is the number of pages per month the printer is designed to handle (a measure of how rugged it is). Monica wrote: >I'm looking for a "non-photo" printer and from what I'm seeing, for the most >part, non photo printers are more expensive than photo printers. Why? >Monica > > Because they are usually business printers and made for speed with reasonable quality. The HP 1200 is one of the models out there. > > > There are a few reasons non-photo printers are more costly at original acquisition. 1) as mentioned they are usually designed for more durability, ease of use, etc, because they will be moving a LOT more paper through them. Most of the printing will be text or small gr...

i want to buy a black and white printer in "2 to 5 thousand" range with "low per page printing cost" . Please suggest
i want to buy a black and white printer in "2 to 5 thousand" range with "low per page printing cost" . Please suggest In article <832b852e-d6d9-4cf0-a8fa-fcee04216f3d@googlegroups.com>, Ankur Garg <iankuras16@gmail.com> wrote: > i want to buy a black and white printer in "2 to 5 thousand" range with "low > per page printing cost" . Please suggest Brother. Nothing compares. ...

Printers HP "host based"
Hi All, Somebody has a solution for printing on HP or other printers with "host based" drivers (without PCL5 or PCL6 emulate) using Windows ? I found on http://sourceforge.net/projects/hplip a driver to linux but I didn�t found to Windows. TIA, FabioNery I Forgot: I�m using xHarbour Nov/07 with www "FabioNery" <desenv@graphosinformatica.com.br> escreveu na mensagem news:474d880b$0$1346$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere.com... > Hi All, > > Somebody has a solution for printing on HP or other printers with "host > based" drivers (without PCL...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selecte...

HP LaserJet printer "phones home"
In trying to find out why my laptop with another OS couldn't update the firmware in my LJ4050's network card, I set ethereal to watching the printer's IP. Null result on the firmware update, but I found when I turn the printer on, it sends its information as an "Attribute Reply" to 224.0.1.60 (HP-DEVICE-DISC.MCAST.NET). The information includes it's IP address, the name I've given it and other sundry strings. Is this a commonly known thing? Craig Craig McCluskey wrote: > In trying to find out why my laptop with another OS couldn't update the >...

Printing Error "Cannot open printer handle"
I'm trying to share a CUPS printer connected to a Linux box with a Windows XP machine. The printer works fine locally, and I can see it in the network brower from the XP machine, but when I get an error when I try to open it on the XP machine, so I can't print from it. I'm able to access (read and write) my other samba shares. When I try to open the printer on the XP, I have to pick the driver, but then after I do that, I get an error window (on XP) shaying "Windows cannot connected to the printer. Either the printer name was typed incorectly, or the specified printe...

HP 7410 AIO "Unsupported Printer"
Trying to install a new HP 7410 under OS 10.4.1. HP software installation seems nominal (I've installed and used HP AIO's previously). When it comes to the OS X Printer Setup Utility, however, in the "Printer Browser" window the 7410 appears with the correct IP address and name (proving, I believe, that the Mac is seeing the printer on the network), but the third column, "Kind" reads "Unsupported printer." And the printer cannot be selected so that the "Add" button may be clicked. Suggestions most welcome! Davoud -- usenet *at* davidillig da...

HP printer "configuration in progress" faster now
We changed my port BIOS setting from ECP to EPP. Now the HP screen "configuration in progress" comes and goes much faster. (Compaq Presario 5245, AMD-6-2, 400MHz, bought new many years ago.) We have an HP Officejet 700 all-in-one that we bought new when we had Win98. We now have WinXP. We downloaded WinXP driver from the HP site, but I believe that WinXP has drivers for the Officejet 700. A little research on google told us that some HP printers work best with the EPP setting. I post this message in case someone else has a problem with his HP printer and a slow message screen "configuration in progress." mirse@aol.com ...

"Access is Denied" error when printing to a network printer
I have a server that has a bunch of printers that it connects to via IP. These printers are also shared so the other users can access the printers. Since yesterday, we have not been able to print to the printers and are getting an "Access is Denied" error when trying to print a test page. I have tried to print this test page locally from the server with the Administrator account. The only thing that has happened, was that someone had changed the domain Administrator password yesterday. I can not see why that would cause this problem though. Anyone have any experience o...

hobbicolors.com review: 4 color printer = "hot", 6 color printer = "not"
I haven't posted for a while. I assume that all the main characters are still here. Measekite, Frank, Burt, Dan G, a teacher, a retired HP employee, TJ, Talyisian and etc. Well about a year ago I posted that I tested an i960 canon printer (6 color printer) with hobbicolor ink. I was disappointed with the results. The photos it printed was not acceptable. However, a few months later, the same ink was tested on a 4 color canon printer. Wow! It printed incredible. I'd say it was OEM quality. That was without any software modification. Actually it was tested by hooking...

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

Samsung ML-2150 (2152W) (1) suddenly prints all pages "almost" blank and (2) error message "HSync Engine Error" , not in user manual
My Samsung printer has been working flawlessly, 100% jam-free, until this evening. (Could it be that we are working on our tax return?) Suddenly, every page comes out almost blank. Test pages, such as the printer's "Demo" page or font list, come out with characters printed out very light, and printed with a "semi-outline" appearance because most of the letter's shape is not actually printed. If I run say 4-5 pages at a time through the printer, it stops in mid-page with this error message "HSync Engine Error" which is not in the user manual. ...

Change computer date with "smart" chip in HP printers?
I rarely use the colors on my HP 2200 inkjet printer and I've had to replace several completely full cartridges since the printer will shutdown in the middle of printing. Up until recently, I could set the date back on the computer and continue printing but now the yellow must be changed regardless of whatever date the computer has been set to. I'm wondering if changing the date of the computer before installing new cartridges will extend the cartridge lifetime? What would happen if I set the date a year or two ahead when I install a bunch of new print cartridges? ...

HP Photosmart 835 printer problem: "Cannot display this photo"
I use the printer stand-alone and print pictures from a CF card. If I use images from my Canon camera as they are, the printer displays and prints them fine. If I modify the pictures slightly (auto correct) using any software and then try to print the picture, it complains "Cannot display this photo" and when I choose the picture anyway and print it, it spits out the paper quickly without printing anything. I am talking about plain old JPEG images here. The same image displays fine on my computer and prints fine on HP Officejet printer that is connect to the computer. ...

Problem mit Drucker "HP Deskjet 1220C Printer"
Der Drucker "HP Deskjet 1220C Printer" ist korekt angeschlossen und install= iert. Andere Anwendungen lassen sich problemlos drucken. Mit LabVIEW 7.1 wi= rd beim Versuch des Druckens z.B. =FCber "Datei - Fenster drucken" LabVIEW = komplett beendet (es st=FCrzt ab) und kein Druckauftrag erfolgt.<br>Beim Ve= rsuch des programmatischen Druckens erscheint ein nicht definierter Fehlerc= ode (Fehler -2147352567). ...

Accessing "Page Order" and "Print on Both Sides" properties in Printer Common Dialog box
Dear VB Experts, We are working in VB6 and also using FarPoint Spread control. While sending print from the application, printer common dialog box is first displayed allowing the user to define/set print properties. Is there a way through which we can access "Page Order" and "Print on Both Sides" properties of printer dialog box, like other properties e.g. Orientation, flags etc. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks & Regards, Faiz "Faiz" <its_faiz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2d4fafba.0411180522.247737c4@posting.google.com... > De...

"lpq: <HP PSC 1510 printer> is not ready"
I just bought an HP PSC 1510 printer, and configured it with foomatic-gui, but I can't get my computer to talk to it. If I do lpq, I get a message that the printer "is not ready". I don't understand this. All the necessary cables are firmly connected, and the printer prints out a test sheet without difficulty. How can I troubleshoot this problem? My distro is Debian. Thanks! bill In <dm7shm$jaq$1@reader2.panix.com> bill <please_post@nomail.edu> writes: >I just bought an HP PSC 1510 printer, and configured it with >foomatic-gui, but I can't g...

Borderless printing on 8.5"X11" on HP 694C possible?
Hi folks I'm trying to create borderless DVD covers on my HP694C printer but it always prints with white borders and crops off the image. I'm using Adobe Photoshop 6. I have a feeling this is a limitation of the HP694C. Can anyone confirm? Or is there a trick to get borderless printing? TIA "Norman Woo" <nwoo@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:6ippvvg2io2jbpu7gnt1fqvmtcg1c3304v@4ax.com... > Can anyone confirm? Or is there a trick to get borderless printing? The DJ6xx series has been discontinued for quite a while, and borderless 8x10 printing capability has only been available recently with their new line of DeskJet and Photosmart printers. So... I guess you'll either have to live with the white borders (which actually isn't that bad IMO) or get a new printer. ...

HP Deskjet 1120c printer on Win XP
I've just bought a new computer that came with Win XP Home edition installed, and it recognised my HP 1120c printer when I connected it, and installed the XP driver fine. The machine works okay, but the driver seems to have many fewer features than my previous Win 98 driver. In particular, I cannot find the Zoomsmart option in the XP driver, which is used to enlarge an A4 original printing job so that it prints on an A3 sheet. Any ideas how to get at Zoomsmart? (I've tried HP email support, but all I got was a response saying they don't support that printer by email, and I should ...

HP 6110 "scanner failure - turn off & on again" "Errore scanner
As stated here: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/22386 Before to trash your printer try to open it, with a bit of attention it is practicable, and clean the scanner equipment. Sticks, glasses and mirrors, all is accessible. I guess this is the main solution to this problem. -- Come potete vedere qui: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/22386 Prima di buttare la vostra stampante provate ad aprirla e a pulire tutte le parti relative alla funzionalit=E0 di scansione. Aste, vetri e specchi, tutto =E8 accessibile. Credo che questa sia la soluzione principale a questo problema. Ciao Daniele ...

Web resources about - FIX: HP 4000/4050 "41.5 Printer Error", printer printing blanks - comp.sys.hp.hardware