HELP needed: Reassembling an HP-Tape-Drive for HP 9915B.

Hello
I need some help to reassembly an HP tape drive.

After complete disassembling and ultrasonic cleaning of a HP-Tape-Drive
for an HP 9915B two parts remaining unassembled.

Two parts, small thin chromium-plated metal stripes, are droped down
out of the Device during dismantling. I could not find out where these
have to be mounted again.

Here a few pictures of the parts.

http://www.nadhh.hanse.de/CMuseum/HP/HPTapeHilfe.htm

PS: The text on this pahge means nearly the same in German
as this more or less English text.

Regrad
j.

0
JSievers (16)
3/9/2006 11:45:02 AM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

HELP need HP 510n BIOS
Hello, I have an HP 510n that has the wrong bios flashed and the machine will not start as a result. I've talked with HPs customer support and they tell me that there is no bios available for this machine. This particular model has the Trigem Lomita motherboard, not the Asus board that some other 510n's have. HP has a bios for that model at their site. Trigem doesn't answer emails and Phoenix can't help either. If anyone knows where I can find a BIOS for this machine or would be willing to post one for it I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've scoured the web looking for one with no luck. Thanks, TC Cut your losses. Replace the board, either with an identical one or a similar one... Ben Myers On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:55:09 -0500, TC <no@510n.bios> wrote: > >Hello, > >I have an HP 510n that has the wrong bios flashed and the machine will >not start as a result. > >I've talked with HPs customer support and they tell me that there is >no bios available for this machine. This particular model has the >Trigem Lomita motherboard, not the Asus board that some other 510n's >have. HP has a bios for that model at their site. > >Trigem doesn't answer emails and Phoenix can't help either. > >If anyone knows where I can find a BIOS for this machine or would be >willing to post one for it I'd greatly appreciate the help. I've >scoured the web looking for one with no luck. >...

** wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals
wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC Please check our web site at http://www.smecc.org to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us. address: coury house / smecc 5802 w palmaire ave glendale az 85301 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

[...]

Any Reason to Prefer HP LTO3 Tape Drive With HP Omniback Software?
Are there reasons to prefer the HP branded LTO3 native fibre tape drive over the IBM LTO3 native fibre tape drive when used with the HP Omniback tape backup software on HP-UX? I would expect that HP has some proprietary differentiated features and that HP Omnback exploits those to advantage? -- Will "Will" <westes-usc@noemail.nospam> wrote in message news:CNGdnUcC2bg9HQfenZ2dnUVZ_sGdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Are there reasons to prefer the HP branded LTO3 native fibre tape drive > over > the IBM LTO3 native fibre tape drive when used with the HP Omn...

Any Reason to Prefer HP LTO3 Tape Drive With HP Omniback Software?
Are there reasons to prefer the HP branded LTO3 native fibre tape drive over the IBM LTO3 native fibre tape drive when used with the HP Omniback tape backup software on HP-UX? I would expect that HP has some proprietary differentiated features and that HP Omnback exploits those to advantage? -- Will ...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Need help getting HP 6MP to work with HP JetDirect+ & router
I have a G4 running System 9 most of the time, though it can run OS X. I installed a JetDirect+ to hook up my HP 6MP laser printer via parallel cable to the JetDirect+. The ethernet port from the JetDirect+ goes into my SMC Barricade router which feeds my DSL modem output into the G4 as well. This should all be simple and correct. I can't get the HP 6MP to show up in the chooser. Nor does it show up when using HP LaserJet Utility 3.1.1. I ran a self-test on the JetDirect and the 6MP printed two pages of data that seems to indicate everything is running fine as far as the...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With Hp the sales are generously scattered from one HP site to another HP site. I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? What I need to know so I can present to management should we consider buying be it used, refurbished, new for our business workstations HP or HP Compaq. I have studied the specs on all models and I see the progressive evolution. Xp to Vista to Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The intel core, memory, sata drives. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks In article <2b0098dd-8393-4021-a90d-2a2d602ca84e@ih1g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, Chuck McReynolds <ambcsc.archives@gmail.com> wrote: > I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? Compaq is a brand held by HP these days. -- May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods Those who eat natural foods die...

<Plug> HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & HP 9000 (HP-UX) Server
Below is a pricing guide of internal disk drives for most of the HP e3000 & HP 9000 server line. Feel free to email if you have any questions or want pricing but do not see your HP server listed. All disks have a one-year warranty & include mounting hardware.=20 HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & 9000 (HP-UX) Server - Internal Disk Drives HP e3000 - A & N Class MPE/iX Servers HP 9000 - rp74xx, rp54xx, rp24xx, N4000, A500, & L2000 Class HP-UX Servers=20 36GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $160.00 73GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $275.00 146GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI D...

Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g
Dear hp calculator users: I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide. The tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.) I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators among my students at Utah State University. We meet twice a week after classes for that purpose. I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the tutorial exercises: http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you can download to your calculator. So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU. I hope you find these materials useful. Sincerely, Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E. Associate Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Utah Water Research Laboratory Utah State University Logan, Utah 84322-4110 http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/ This is great ! Many thank's ! "Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> a �crit dans le...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Need help with HP drive in an SS20
Greetings! I've been playing around with a SparcServer 20 for the past month. So far, I've got 2 CPUs, 384MB of RAM, and a serial/parallel card. The hard drive currently installed is a Seagate ST191700WC (9.1GB). It boots Solaris 9 without any problems. Because the Seagate actually takes up the space for both drive bays, I purchased an HP D4289 Drive off of eBay, which I was told was compatable to the Seagate. I think it's another version of the IBM Ultrastar drive (DPSS-309170). From the Sun monitor, when I type "probe-scsi", I get a response from the ...

Good non HP ink replacement for HP Vivera ( HP A168 )
I have a HP A618 compact printer which uses just a single 3 colour 5.5ml cartridge, the ink is stated as Vivera. The cartridge number is HP 110 (CB304AE) I have refilled the cartridge using JetTec universal ink which seems to give acceptable results, but wondered if anyone can suggest anything better? For anyone wanting to refill these carts, the colours are as below on the top of the cart, with 'Y' being nearest the front (electrical contact) end. If you remove the sticker on top of the cart, it exposes the holes for the ink, (no drilling needed). After refilling, ...

Choose box on the HP 49G+ like HP 39G or HP 38G
Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box function and/or how I can draw one? Thank you for your help Best Regards jajacom "jajacom" <jajacom@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:40b39978$0$7698$636a15ce@news.free.fr... > Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box > function and/or how I can draw one? X If you ask about a two level CHOOSE like in the HP 38/39/40 then this is a feature I've asked from JYA many times )-: [VPN] ...

Driving an HP 1955 LCD from an HP-Apollo workstation
Page B-5 of http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00283625/c00283625.pdf implies that the HP 1955 LCD Monitor will support only 60/75 Hz at 1280x1024, even though other parts of the document imply it'll support anything from 56 to 76 Hz, and don't get me started on those supposedly configurable user modes - I couldn't find anything on-line about how to use them, and HP Tech Support's been no help either :^( The Apollo's trying to drive it at 72 Hz/78 kHz, both supposedly within the specs of the monitor, but it displays an "input signal out of range" message (cluttering up my screen), yet the display itself looks OK. It also keeps going into sleep mode, though I have it turned off. Finally, the menu button won't work unless I hold it for 20+ seconds, and I can't toggle to the Windows Analog DVI input (which works OK) with the +/- buttons unless I select it as the default input. (The Unix input is Analog VGA with synch-on-green turned on.) Sure sounds like a software bug to me; I've been trading e-mails with HP Tech Support and also blew 45 minutes on the phone to them (half of that on hold), and both of them kept telling me I needed to change the driver to match the monitor's "native mode" (i.e., 60 Hz). Then what's with the 15 factory preset modes? Based on poking through their web site, it looks like all of their LCD User Guides say the same thing about the configurable User Modes - they exist...

Need help with cr rom drive! hp Pavilion
Hi ~ Forgiv me if this is a stupid question, but my CD Rom drive in my HP Pavilion 7915 is dead. It will not load software, it will not play a music cd, it won't do anything. The power is there, becuase the door opens, the indicator light comes on, and you can hear it making cd noises while trying to read the disc, but nothing happens. What should I do? Clean it, toss it and get another one? If so, any suggestions as to where? This POS computer already had the HD recalled, and when the thing worked it freaked out when an external burner and the software went in. T...

FA: HP-71B + accessories, HP-41C CCD module, HP-16C
See all auctions here: http://www.29f.de/auct.htm Best regards and Merry Christmas TB ...

plz help
Hi All, Can any one give me the link to the HP test servers on the HP.com I would like to test my application on the HPux server. Thanks VXDISKADM In article <1137996802.773626.127310@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "vxdiskadm@gmail.com" <vxdiskadm@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Can any one give me the link to the HP test servers on the HP.com > I would like to test my application on the HPux server. > > > Thanks > VXDISKADM And you asked this in a Solaris group because...??? -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee...

Web resources about - HELP needed: Reassembling an HP-Tape-Drive for HP 9915B. - comp.sys.hp.hardware