How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............

Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which
uses HP94
& HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In
short,
after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All
remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the
cartridge,
but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Apr 16, 4:00=A0pm, billy smith <billy.sm...@Yenc.com> wrote:
> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which
> uses HP94
> & HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In
> short,
> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All
> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the
> cartridge,
> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Google tells me you've asked this in many places...have YOU found the
answer?
0
pheeh.zero (386)
4/18/2010 1:08:25 PM
No I haven't found a way. I did read about, that my printer may have a
cmos battery and if I remove it and put it back in it will reset my
ink level indicators. But I don't know if my printer has a cmos
battery.

On 4/19/2010 9:27 PM, billy smith wrote:
> No I haven't found a way. I did read about, that my printer may have a
> cmos battery and if I remove it and put it back in it will reset my
> ink level indicators. But I don't know if my printer has a cmos
> battery.
>

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 06:08:25 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa
> <pheeh.zero@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Apr 16, 4:00 pm, billy smith<billy.sm...@Yenc.com>  wrote:
>>> Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which
>>> uses HP94
>>> &  HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
>>> cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In
>>> short,
>>> after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All
>>> remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the
>>> cartridge,
>>> but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.
>>
>> Google tells me you've asked this in many places...have YOU found the
>> answer?

Here is one way to find out if the printer has a CMOS battery.  I'm
assuming that the printer keeps the time of day and date, so it can put
time stamps on faxes, and that you've set the time and date correctly.
So, unplug the printer and leave it so overnight.  If the printer still
shows the correct time of day, it has a CMOS battery to power the clock
and the CMOS chip where the date, time and other setup info is stored.

Next, I would try to find a service manual for the PSC 1610, and see
where the CMOS battery is.  In all likelihood, given HP's proclivity
toward selling new equipment, you will likely find the CMOS battery
soldered onto the printer's motherboard.  When the CMOS battery fails,
the printer can't send faxes.  Hence, time for a new printer.

.... Ben Myers
0
ben_myers (197)

HP Business Ink Jet 1100
How to reset ink level on ink cartridges for HP Business Ink Jet 1100 ? Any web page with description ? Thanks ! http://www.refillinstructions.com "MM" <mmajcen@inet.hr> wrote in message news:caorgc$j0m$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > How to reset ink level on ink cartridges for HP Business Ink Jet 1100 ? > > Any web page with description ? > > Thanks ! > > > If you can send us your printer we can disable its chip lock option. This intervention is permanent so you will loose a warranty Read more at http://adriatix.hr/E_buy/HP/HP%20BI%201100/E_B_HP%20_B_1100.htm That will cost you 50 Euro But if you buy this printer with us you will get 50% discount on intervention. -- Adriatix http://adriatix.hr/ "MM" <mmajcen@inet.hr> wrote in message news:caorgc$j0m$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > How to reset ink level on ink cartridges for HP Business Ink Jet 1100 ? > > Any web page with description ? > > Thanks ! > > ...

How do I reset ink level in refilled HP cartridges
Read a message a couple days ago about HP printers, mentioned "resetting ink levels in cartridges." How does one reset the ink levels after refilling???? I never heard of that before this. Didn't know one could. Dancer..... Look at http://www.misterinkjet.info/hp57reset.htm I couldn't get this procedure to work with my 57 and 58 cartridges. Although the basic idea is sound, I don't think you can say that all cartridges will behave the same as they all have unique(ish) serial numbers and taping can only change a 1 to a 0 or 0 to a 1, I don't know which but if it's 0 to a 1 then if you tape over a contact that is set to 1 already then nothing changes. Because of this I carried on experimenting till I found contacts that did the trick and both my 57 and 58 cartridges reset correctly by taping the blue one first as shown in the link above, and then the contact below the blue one as well as the blue one. The red one wasn't used. The third swap had no contacts taped over of course. It all takes a while as you have to wait for a calibration page to be printed each swap. "Dancer" <toetapdancer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:52bff70b.0309050421.7ce01fe0@posting.google.com... > Read a message a couple days ago about HP printers, mentioned > "resetting ink levels in cartridges." > > How does one reset the ink levels after refilling???? I never heard of > that before this. Didn&...

Cheap ink source for HP inks? (And are HP ink Pigmented or not?)
So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP use? Pigmented ink or not? and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color. Or I can buy 60ml of each color for $11/ea. But I've seen prices online for $10-$15 for 8oz or more of each color. What kinds of ink do I want for a HP 7660 #57 tri-color cart? Any advice would be appreciated. All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson printers use pigmented inks. Lynn "LLutton" <llutton@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040916201009.13013.00000612@mb-m21.aol.com... > All HP ink jet printers use dye inks. As far as I know, only certain Epson > printers use pigmented inks. That is not quite true. All but the oldest HP black ink cartridges use pigmented inks. Most of the color cartridges are dye based although there are pigmented options for the DesignJet printers. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking fro my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:48:42 GMT, "Te" <te@-NOSPAM-pobox.com> wrote: >So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP >use? Pigmented ink or not? > >and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've >been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each color. Or I >can ...

Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge
Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer paper and other printer supplies. Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, apple toner, dell toner, samsung toner, toshiba toner, ricoh toner, etc. Welcome to Abcink.com In addition to the fact that you are spamming, the prices I saw on the web site are nothing to write home about. I also noticed that the refill kits you offer at inflated prices are universal inks instead of specific inks for a particular printer. Would I ever purchase from this spamming operation? Answer: Not a chance. Also note that the IP address from which this spam originated is in China, but the email address is obviously phony since it is for a well know supplier of media supplies. -- Ron "kathy tian" <kathy@comptree.net> wrote in message news:1131604315.391900.54280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Abcink.com (http://www.abcink.com/) is a online store for Printer Ink > Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge,printer > paper and other printer supplies. > > Our ink and toner cartridge include canon ink, epson ink, hp ink, > lexmark ink, dell ink, brother ink, okidata ink, sharp ink, xerox ink. > canon toner, hp toner, lexmark toner, ...

Reseting ink level in HP 5150
I have a question: is it possible to reset ink level in HP5150 printer ? It shows that cartridge is complitelly empty bue it's still full. -- Noldor The answer is yes it is possible. One of the secondary ink suppliers has the details; I don't remember them well enough to tell you follow the direction I am going to list from memory. First look at your cartridge, and you will see a number of little boxes where it goes into the printer ink slot. You will note that there are two higher than the rest. You must first cover the highest left one as you look at the cartrid...

HP 930C ink level reset
After ink recharge, my printer alwais display low level ink. I've tried with printhead "contact cover" method, with "power-off without printheads" method (for 3 hours). Nothing to do. Can someone help me with a "sure" reset method ??? ...

HP printer
Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink cartridge levels? Thanks I have a 952C which came with their Toolbox software. It indicates inkl level, but tends to show empty long before it actually runs out. It's a good warning, though. I go ahead an use them until they run out, since there is no"dry nozzle" problem with HP printers. Don "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cjhgjd$kec$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink > cartridge levels? > Thanks > Mine's a 970Cxi..I wonder if Toolbox would be ok with that?..any idea where I could find out and get a copy if so? Thanks. ----------- "Don" <nospam@please.gov> wrote in message news:10loibjol35l8ef@corp.supernews.com... >I have a 952C which came with their Toolbox software. It indicates inkl >level, but tends to show empty long before it actually runs out. It's a >good warning, though. I go ahead an use them until they run out, since >there is no"dry nozzle" problem with HP printers. > > Don > > "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:cjhgjd$kec$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... >> Anyone know if HP provide software with their printers for monitoring ink >> cartridge levels? >> Thanks >> >...

Resetting HP 45A ink level problem
Hi: I have followed the Stratitec directions for refilling HP Inkjet cartridges. Fortunately, I have had success resetting the color (78) cartridge, but the black (45) refuses to show anything but 0%. Am I doing something wrong?? Any advice?? New question....I am confused about the quantity of ink (black and color) that should be used during the filling process.( 45 & 78) I may have missed a previous posting that discussed this question since I am newbie to this newsgroup. John would help to know what printer you have. But in most cases all you need to do is rotate 3 carts through the printer and it will show 100% again on the 1st cart. "John Eppley" <jeppley@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:UADbb.25054$Od.982870@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > Hi: I have followed the Stratitec directions for refilling HP Inkjet > cartridges. Fortunately, I have had success resetting the color (78) > cartridge, but the black (45) refuses to show anything but 0%. Am I doing > something wrong?? Any advice?? > > New question....I am confused about the quantity of ink (black and color) > that should be used during the filling process.( 45 & 78) I may have missed > a previous posting that discussed this question since I am newbie to this > newsgroup. > > John > > > > Try taping over the top right 4 contacts first, then the top right 2 contacts, then none. Worked for me on ...

Reset refilled HP cartridge ink estimates
When I refill an HP photosmart cartridge how do I reset the ink estimation on the computer to full? Ed ...

HP Printers returning waste ink to cartridge
I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? Thanks Mike On Fri, 05 May 2006 21:56:20 GMT, MikeM <mmo45018@bigpond.net.au> wrote: >I have been told that the HP PSC 3310 & 3110 return waste ink to the >cartridge. Does this happen with any other HP printers? > >Thanks >Mike I believe some of the newer smaller cartridges, such as the 21/22 supposedly do this as well. However, since the older, bigger carts haven't been phased out, it's not much of a cost saver si...

Any HP printer with individual colored ink cartridges?
I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any ideas/opinions/comments welcomed. BTW, the Canon Pixma printers look interesting, especially the double-sided print feature. In message <bNXpd.194224$df2.13748@edtnps89>, Buyer <buyer@printer.com> writes >I'm a long time HP printer user, and I'm looking at purchasing a new inkjet >printer. I would like to save money by buying an inkjet that uses individual >colored ink cartridges. Well, at least I think I'll save money. It seems HP >does not make inkjet with individual ink cartridge for each color, is it? > >Also among the major printer manufacturer, like HP, Canon, Epson; it seems >only HP build the print head in the ink cartridge. I have been very >satisfied with HP printer, but I would like to try another brand. I have the >impression HP inkjet printers are expensive to operate. Any >ideas/opinio...

how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer
how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer i dont see any buttom to do so please help <yuvalbra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157781523.618243.133470@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > how to change Ink Cartridge hp 5510 printer > i dont see any buttom to do so Is this the Officejet 5510? If so, see: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=311255&lang=en&docname=c00033420#N508. If not the Officejet please advise which model. Regards, Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging ...

HP OJ d145 color ink out error replace color ink cartridge message
Does anyone know what the HP OfficeJet D145 message means "Color ink out. Replace color ink cartridge." The ink level is fine (always was) and I've turned off the ink level checking for the color ink long ago (by pressing the double-arrow 456 key sequence). Since this HP message isn't about the color ink being out.... Can this message be an HP ink cartridge expiry message disguised? Does HP count the many times I've removed the the ink cartridge to refill? Problem is the Hewlett Packard OfficeJet printer is dead until I figure this out. It isn't what it appears to be....so what is it? Any ideas....what the HP "color ink out" message really means? Deb devorah1952@hotmail.com -- Deborah Pace On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:44:56 GMT, Deborah Pace wrote: > Does anyone know what the HP OfficeJet D145 message means > "Color ink out. Replace color ink cartridge." I'm really in a bind as the printer won't work. I've tried two different color ink cartridges (all filled to the brim). Doesn't ANYONE in HP land know what this Hewlett Packard office jet printer error really indicates? Deb -- Deborah Pace On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:17:52 GMT, Jette Goldie wrote: > On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:44:56 GMT, Deborah Pace wrote: >> Does anyone know what the HP OfficeJet D145 message means >> "Color ink out. Replace color ink cartridge." > > I'm really in a bind as the printer won't work. >...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer, volume of the ink in cartridge
In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink volume in each cartridge: "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink cartridge! meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. Are my expectations correct? Regards Tadeusz "Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in message news:cn68n5$cl4$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl... > In one of the HP Photosmart 8450 reviews, i have found information on ink > volume in each cartridge: > > "HP No. 344 Tri-Colour Inkjet Print Cartridge, 14 ml ink volume, C8766E > HP No. 348 Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 13 ml ink volume, C9369E > HP No. 100 Grey Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge, 15 ml, C9368W" > > I understand, that these volumes refer to each part of the three colour ink > cartridge! > > meaning 14ml cyan + 14 ml magenta + 14 ml yellow, and so on. No, the 14mL is the total. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

Can I use Lexmark ink in a HP C4280 Photosmart printer?
I just bought an HP C4280 and I plan to re-fill the cartridges when they get low. I have a refill kit that I bought for a Lexmark X125 which works great in the Lexmark. I would like to know if this ink will work in the HP printer or could it damage the printer? thanks, G.M. Durrence (To reply remove -nospam) ...

HP C5180 BLACK 363 level of ink reset
Hello! I accidentally managed to fool my HP Photosmart C5180 printer to accept a refilled black 363 ink after the "Empty ink" blockage. I'm not quite sure what did I actually do, so what follows is more like a description of the circumstances in which it happened rather than a method. I am absolutely not a professional and I take no responsibility for anything you might do with your printer by following my steps. Anyway, the basics: 1. There's a "secret" menu which you enter by pressing the "<" (left) button and the "Settings" ...

Ink levels in hp printer 5650 refilled 56 cartriges
I have the hp inkjet 5650 printer. The black cartridge is a hp 56. I have refilled it according to the refill manufacturer's instructions, including removing the top label over the fill holes. The printer and cartridge work fine, but the printer assistant from hp tells me the cartridge is not inserted correctly or that I need a new cartridge. Also the ink level in the cartridge which has been just refilled is almost empty, which it is not.How do I get the printer assistant to reflect the correct ink level, and why the other message if it is not a shill to buy a new hp 56 cart...

All-in-one printers which can scan, fax without ink cartridges?
After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are any all-in-one devices on the market which can scan (and fax) without ink cartridges. -- Franz47 EMail im Absender wird nie gelesen. Kontakt hier �ber die Newsgroup On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:37:17 +0200, Franz47 <roskakori@gmx.net> wrote: >After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my >less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are >any all-in-one devices on the market wh...

Limited users can't check ink levels on HP 5650
I've just installed my HP 5650 printer on a new XP Home (SP2) system which has multiple user accounts defined. Users with Admin Privileges receive ink-level feedback when printing and can check ink-levels from the HP 5650 Assistant utility. Limited Users can print fine but can not see or check ink-levels. Is this normal, or is there a problem with my configuration or permission settings. RonH. Ottawa, Canada. Again, this is a question for HP. -- Alan Morris Windows Printing Team Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto "RonH" <ronh00news@nospam> wrote in message news:IoOdneSzmb4Al87eRVn-uQ@rogers.com... > I've just installed my HP 5650 printer on a new XP Home (SP2) system which > has multiple user accounts defined. Users with Admin Privileges receive > ink-level feedback when printing and can check ink-levels from the HP 5650 > Assistant utility. Limited Users can print fine but can not see or check > ink-levels. > > Is this normal, or is there a problem with my configuration or permission > settings. > > RonH. > Ottawa, Canada. > > ...

Is it necessary for both black & color cartridges to have ink with HP 1400 Printer/Scanner
I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black button on the Printer for starting the print operation? Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color, keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation? Why doesn't HP provide ...

Officejet 6110 can't reset ink level on 56 after firmware upgrade to 2.2
I can't reset the ink level on 56 (Black ink cartrige) after I upgrade the firmware to 2.2 on OfficeJet 6110. Does anyone have the same problem? Any idea to reset the ink level? The method I used to reset ink level is on this page: http://www.inksunlimited.com/hp6657A.html. It worked fine before. ...

HP Ink Cartridges
Could anyone offer an opinion on a brand of ink to refill hp 56,57and 58 carts with.I have tried a brand I got from Costco and it changes the color of prints I have made.I have no problem buying bulk amounts- pts. etc.Thanks in advance . Dan Throw away the Costco stuff, very bad for your carts. I've had a lot of success with supplies from www.inkjetsaver.com, and no noticeable difference in the prints compared to a new cart.. "Dan" <rxi@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:nCzmd.28018$7i4.10521@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Could anyone offer an opinion on a brand of ink to refill hp 56,57and 58 > carts with.I have tried a brand I got from Costco and it changes the color > of prints I have made.I have no problem buying bulk amounts- pts. etc.Thanks > in advance . Dan > > Dan wrote: > Could anyone offer an opinion on a brand of ink to refill hp 56,57and 58 > carts with.I have tried a brand I got from Costco and it changes the color > of prints I have made.I have no problem buying bulk amounts- pts. etc.Thanks > in advance . Dan > > I was going to recommend MIS inksupply.com but I just discovered they are out of the HP ink refill business as of yesterday and now deal exclusively in Epson ink. Now I too am looking for a supplier. Have good service from these folks: http://www.inkjetrefills.com/ Dan wrote: > Could anyone offer an opinion on a b...

Printer ink cartridges
Hi there, I was looking around the NSW Uni Computer Fair the other day for a couple of new printer cartridges for my HP 3325 printer. The best price I could find for the replacements (1 black + 1 tri-colour) was $85. Wow! I only paid $70 for this printer in the first place. So I shopped around a bit more and found a newer model HP printer, with the same cartridges included for only $55! What tha... I can save $30 by buying the complete printer (including cartridges), compared to buying the cartridges on their own! So my question is this... Are the HP cartridges that come with a new printer the same as the cartridges you buy off the shelf, or are they the "economy" (= half empty) versions. Why don't the printer companies come clean and state that they are really ink companies that sell printers as marketing bait! Keithm ...

Ink Level Reset
Hello have you got any suggestions how to reset ink level in Canon MP 150 br, rusiu rusiu wrote: > Hello > have you got any suggestions how to reset ink level in Canon MP 150 > > br, > rusiu ABSOLUTELY. BUY A NEW CANON OEM INK CART rusiu <rusiu@poczta.fm> wrote in news:du1h3u$n36$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl: > Hello > have you got any suggestions how to reset ink level in Canon MP 150 > > br, > rusiu Leave it. Manually monitor ink levels. On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:49:58 GMT, Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.com> wrote: >ru...

Web resources about - How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............ - comp.sys.hp.hardware

Cartridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TI-99/4A Pitfall cartridge demo - YouTube
Retrocloud's adaptation of the classic Pitfall game - for the TI-99/4A. Filip has remade the classic game, and it works in a 32K EPROM! (Sorry ...

Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges
Customers misled by 'remanufactured' printer cartridges

Atari's E.T. The Extraterrestrial cartridges found in landfill
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari E.T. The Extraterrestrial game cartridges ...

Diggers find hundreds of Atari 'E.T.' and other game cartridges in New Mexico landfill - CTV News
A documentary film production company has found buried in a New Mexico landfill hundreds of the Atari "E.T." game cartridges that some call the ...

Dollar Shave Club Claims to Top Schick As No. 2 Cartridge - CMO Strategy - Advertising Age
Dollar Shave Club claims it passed Schick to become the No. 2 razor cartridge brand by volume in July, a little more than three years after the ...

Rocker Releases Album on Nintendo Gaming Cartridges
Rocker Jon Black, who performs as Fort Atlantic, decided to offer his latest album on original Nintendo cartridges. As the music industry's brick-and-mortar ...

City of Alamogordo votes to auction off 800 Atari cartridges
Megan Geuss The city of Alamogordo, NM voted late Tuesday night to auction off 800 of the 1,300 Atari cartridges that were dug up during an ...

This is why our brains lied to us about blowing into Nintendo cartridges
Before they were the basis of hip soaps or remade as even hipper clocks, Nintendo’s cartridge games were a source of delight and vexation for ...