HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network

Hi,

I wonder whether anyone can help with an installation problem
concerning an HP Laserjet 3380 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier.

We have a small Windows network of 5 PCs and have installed the 3380 as
a network connected device by means of an HP Jetdirect 300X print
server.

2 PCs in the office function correctly, using the HP toolbox (HTML
based) software which enables the fax and scan-to-email functionality.
3 machines however fail to connect to the printer when Toolbox is run.
The browser window shows a standard DNS error message "The page cannot
be displayed".

On the machines which don't work, the page the HP toolbox tries to
connect with is "http://127.0.0.1:5225/ToolboxManager/deviceRegistry".
This results in a DNS error.

The machines that work also connect to the above page, which then
redirects to:
"http://127.0.0.1:5225/Toolbox2.7/controller/deviceMultiLineStatusDevice/169.254.204.149/DeviceContent.jsp?device=169.254.204.149&cat=0&pos=0"

Any ideas on how to resolve this?  I've tried uninstalling then
reinstalling the software, but that just stopped the printing
functionality from working, so I was in a worse state than before.  Any
ideas appreciated.

comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan HP 960C My mistake "Alan" <moskowa1NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:YzEmf.6136$O05.5721@fe09.lga... >A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) >and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I >was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. >But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to >microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I >trie...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With Hp the sales are generously scattered from one HP site to another HP site. I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? What I need to know so I can present to management should we consider buying be it used, refurbished, new for our business workstations HP or HP Compaq. I have studied the specs on all models and I see the progressive evolution. Xp to Vista to Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The intel core, memory, sata drives. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks In article <2b0098dd-8393-4021-a90d-2a2d602ca84e@ih1g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, Chuck McReynolds <ambcsc.archives@gmail.com> wrote: > I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? Compaq is a brand held by HP these days. -- May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods Those who eat natural foods die...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g
Dear hp calculator users: I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide. The tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.) I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators among my students at Utah State University. We meet twice a week after classes for that purpose. I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the tutorial exercises: http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you can download to your calculator. So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU. I hope you find these materials useful. Sincerely, Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E. Associate Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Utah Water Research Laboratory Utah State University Logan, Utah 84322-4110 http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/ This is great ! Many thank's ! "Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> a �crit dans le...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

** wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals
wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC Please check our web site at http://www.smecc.org to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us. address: coury house / smecc 5802 w palmaire ave glendale az 85301 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

xp sp3 hp deskjet D1300 Hp Installer option plug-In install error
xp sp3 hp deskjet d1300 not installation problem hp option Installer plug-in error report xp sp1 no problem hp deskjet d1300 install xp sp3 hp deskjet d1300 installation error hp installer option plug-In has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. caps 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :: printerhata1jpegfm5.jpg' (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=printerhata1jpegfm5.jpg) 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :: printss.jpg' (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=printss.jpg) 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :...

HP 5850 Printer Network Install Win98
I have recently purchased a HP 5850 Network printer. While it installed just fine on a win me machine, I have had no success on my win98 machine. HP support has been o help (unless disconnects are helpful). The install software hangs while looking for a printer. I can ping the address, I can access the web page for the printer, I just can not get the software and driver to install. If anyone could point me in a good direction, I would appreciate it. I have tried the included software as well as the HPJSI.exe software which was recommended by HP. The later knows the printer exists but hangs while "Analyzing printer". Thanks in advance Bruce ...

Choose box on the HP 49G+ like HP 39G or HP 38G
Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box function and/or how I can draw one? Thank you for your help Best Regards jajacom "jajacom" <jajacom@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:40b39978$0$7698$636a15ce@news.free.fr... > Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box > function and/or how I can draw one? X If you ask about a two level CHOOSE like in the HP 38/39/40 then this is a feature I've asked from JYA many times )-: [VPN] ...

Good non HP ink replacement for HP Vivera ( HP A168 )
I have a HP A618 compact printer which uses just a single 3 colour 5.5ml cartridge, the ink is stated as Vivera. The cartridge number is HP 110 (CB304AE) I have refilled the cartridge using JetTec universal ink which seems to give acceptable results, but wondered if anyone can suggest anything better? For anyone wanting to refill these carts, the colours are as below on the top of the cart, with 'Y' being nearest the front (electrical contact) end. If you remove the sticker on top of the cart, it exposes the holes for the ink, (no drilling needed). After refilling, ...

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

HP Laser Jet 3055 HP Toolbox cannot start
Hello, Can any one help me with this problem. I appreciate very much and thanks in advance I just bought HP LaserJet 3055 All-in-One My OS is XP Professional. The scanner printer copier work ok. The hardware is ok. But the software is not I could not start HP Toolbox FX. As I observed in Task Manager, the process just pop up for 10 seconds and died. I don't know what causes that Please help me and thanks a lot Apple3 ...

Web resources about - HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network - comp.sys.hp.hardware

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

Shark attack delays shark-proof barrier installation at Middleton Beach, Albany
Workers putting in a shark-proof barrier at a WA beach on Sunday were forced to postpone the installation after a shark attacked a pygmy whale ...

Apple launching new broken iPhone upgrade, screen protector installation programs
... $200 for a 6, and $250 for a 6 Plus. Also involving iPhone displays, Apple Stores will start offering official plastic screen protector installations ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...