hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver - on hp pavillion

A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old)
and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003.  I was
able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it.  But
the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to
microsoft.  I have tried several times to do this update but it  fails.  I
tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens
when I try to do that.     HP support had me modify the registry and remove
a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used
system restore to revert.   I also tried  using the installation cd to
remove.  it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer
still works.   I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is
defective.

Since i can work around the  glitch I am ready to  give up - but thought I
would ask about this

alan

comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

HP 960C

My mistake
"Alan" <moskowa1NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old)
>and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003.  I
>was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it.
>But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to
>microsoft.  I have tried several times to do this update but it  fails.  I
>tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing
>happens when I try to do that.     HP support had me modify the registry
>and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help
>and i used system restore to revert.   I also tried  using the installation
>cd to remove.  it did its routine but did not remove anything and the
>printer still works.   I cannot help but wonder if the driver install
>program is defective.
>
> Since i can work around the  glitch I am ready to  give up - but thought I
> would ask about this
>
> alan

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

[...]

HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help with an installation problem concerning an HP Laserjet 3380 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier. We have a small Windows network of 5 PCs and have installed the 3380 as a network connected device by means of an HP Jetdirect 300X print server. 2 PCs in the office function correctly, using the HP toolbox (HTML based) software which enables the fax and scan-to-email functionality. 3 machines however fail to connect to the printer when Toolbox is run. The browser window shows a standard DNS error message "The page cannot be displayed". On the machines which don't work, the page the HP toolbox tries to connect with is "http://127.0.0.1:5225/ToolboxManager/deviceRegistry". This results in a DNS error. The machines that work also connect to the above page, which then redirects to: "http://127.0.0.1:5225/Toolbox2.7/controller/deviceMultiLineStatusDevice/169.254.204.149/DeviceContent.jsp?device=169.254.204.149&cat=0&pos=0" Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the software, but that just stopped the printing functionality from working, so I was in a worse state than before. Any ideas appreciated. ...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With Hp the sales are generously scattered from one HP site to another HP site. I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? What I need to know so I can present to management should we consider buying be it used, refurbished, new for our business workstations HP or HP Compaq. I have studied the specs on all models and I see the progressive evolution. Xp to Vista to Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The intel core, memory, sata drives. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks In article <2b0098dd-8393-4021-a90d-2a2d602ca84e@ih1g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, Chuck McReynolds <ambcsc.archives@gmail.com> wrote: > I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? Compaq is a brand held by HP these days. -- May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods Those who eat natural foods die...

HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...
Hello. Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600) after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after turning on the printer for a few minutes. The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print using ink-backup printing mode." I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and print...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g
Dear hp calculator users: I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide. The tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.) I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators among my students at Utah State University. We meet twice a week after classes for that purpose. I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the tutorial exercises: http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you can download to your calculator. So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU. I hope you find these materials useful. Sincerely, Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E. Associate Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Utah Water Research Laboratory Utah State University Logan, Utah 84322-4110 http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/ This is great ! Many thank's ! "Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> a �crit dans le...

Installing HP Printer driver on WLAN?
Is there anything tricky about installing a printer driver under WinXP for an HP LJ 2100 on a wirelessly-connected computer? The printer is on an Ethernet network, and the laptops that I will be installing the drivers on are wirelessly connected to the network via an 802.11b AP. I've got the standard HP driver that I've installed on other computers on the wired LAN. Is there anything different about the install on these 2 wireless computers? Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC m...

Installing HP Printer driver on WLAN?
Is there anything tricky about installing a printer driver under WinXP for an HP LJ 2100 on a wirelessly-connected computer? The printer is on an Ethernet network, and the laptops that I will be installing the drivers on are wirelessly connected to the network via an 802.11b AP. I've got the standard HP driver that I've installed on other computers on the wired LAN. Is there anything different about the install on these 2 wireless computers? Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC m...

HP Keyboard driver for HP Pavilion a1017c
I updated my HP Pavilion a1017c computer to WinXP Pro and now none of the keyboard functionality works. Does anyone know where to get the RT7H10 (P/N 5187-7583 Rev 1.2) keyboard drivers? I didn't get a disk and HP doesn't appear to have the drivers. Any help appreciated. Steve, All I seem to recall from previous posts about HP keyboards is that the HP keyboard is manufactured by another company for HP (like everything else in an HP computer these days!). The keyboard manufacturer has the good sense to post keyboard drivers, even if HP does not. Wish I could remember the name of the keyboard manufacturer. Why not Google this newsgroup archive with the keywords keyboard and driver? And HP wonders why it is having so much difficulty in the computer business! Sheesh! Mark Hurd, my business phone number is 978-456-3889. My hourly rate is cheap compared to some of the high priced execs in the HP ivory tower. Call me sometime! ... Ben Myers On 29 Jul 2005 13:40:50 -0700, "devtester" <steve_truax@yahoo.com> wrote: >I updated my HP Pavilion a1017c computer to WinXP Pro and now none of >the keyboard functionality works. Does anyone know where to get the >RT7H10 (P/N 5187-7583 Rev 1.2) keyboard drivers? I didn't get a disk >and HP doesn't appear to have the drivers. > >Any help appreciated. > I found the HP keyboard drivers I need. Simply go to hp.com, traverse through all the support stuff and talk in real time to on...

Does HP-42X work on the new HP-49G+?
Hi! Has anyone tried using the HP-49G version of HP-42X on the new HP-49G+? Does it work well? (The idea of a HP-42S emulator that is 3-5 times faster than the original HP-42S seems appealing to me...) Best regards, Erik Ehrling (Sweden) Homepage: http://w1.322.telia.com/~u32220482/index.html Hi Erik, I just downloaded it and it seems to be running okay. I haven't done any thorough testing yet, but I haven't seen any major issues. The header on the 49G+ remains at the top at all times, as usual. The HP42X screen fits nicely underneath this header so there aren't any display i...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

** wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals
wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC Please check our web site at http://www.smecc.org to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us. address: coury house / smecc 5802 w palmaire ave glendale az 85301 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

xp sp3 hp deskjet D1300 Hp Installer option plug-In install error
xp sp3 hp deskjet d1300 not installation problem hp option Installer plug-in error report xp sp1 no problem hp deskjet d1300 install xp sp3 hp deskjet d1300 installation error hp installer option plug-In has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. caps 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :: printerhata1jpegfm5.jpg' (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=printerhata1jpegfm5.jpg) 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :: printss.jpg' (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=printss.jpg) 'ImageShack - Image Hosting :...

Web resources about - hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver - on hp pavillion - comp.sys.hp.hardware

Review: HP Pavillion dv3
Hewlett-Packard bills the dv3 as an entertainment machine but we couldn't quite figure out why. The dv3 is nevertheless a fine portable computer. ...

Mirror-finish Bugatti Veyron marks new pavillion at Autostadt
Click above to view the mirrored Veyron in high-resolutionVisitors to Wolfsburg, Germany are in for a treat. The Lower Saxony city is home to ...

Career Suicide (Jonah from Fucked Up) prepping first album since 2006, streaming song; Mercury Girls ...
by Rob Sperry-Fromm photo: Career Suicide at Acheron in 2013 (more by Sarja Hasan) Fucked Up are going on a "temporary hiatus" right now, but ...

Lakeview Pavillion « CBS Boston
A firefighter says a cigarette tossed onto mulch caused a destructive fire at a popular wedding venue in Foxborough.

T.I. cruising through Chicago at UIC Pavillion
&nbsp; by Dawj Sangster- 8.5 years ago I blessed a young 18 year-old girl with a trip to New York and tickets to see T.I. in concert for her ...

SAIC Design in Milan: Pavillion 26, B-40
Deploying an assembly system of plastic petals, an aluminum frame, and contemporary technology, the project speculates on portability, transience, ...

Hands-on with HP's Pavillion x360 touchscreen convertible laptop (video)
HP just announced its Pavillion x360 convertible laptop, and was in the mood to show it off here at MWC 2014 along with its gigantic new VoiceTab ...

And Then There Were Four: HP Intros Pavillion 14 Chromebook
... and Acer touting successful sales of their C7 Chromebook, HP is set to enter the Google Chrome OS fray with their reveal of the HP Pavillion ...