HP All-in-One via Wireless Router with USB printer port #2

Hi,

I own an HP PSC2210 all-in-one printer which is currently connected to my PC
via USB.

I now think of buying a wireless DSL Router with integrated USB printer
port.

Does anyone know if I can only use printer functions with the port on the
router or if all functions of the PSC2210 will work that way (printing &
scanning)

Thanks,

Olaf

0
mrtomeb (2)
11/26/2003 9:11:57 PM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

HP All-in-One via Wireless Router with USB printer port
Hi, I own an HP PSC2210 all-in-one printer which is currently connected to my PC via USB. I now think of buying a wireless DSL Router with integrated USB printer port. Does anyone know if I can only use printer functions with the port on the router or if all functions of the PSC2210 will work that way (printing & scanning) Thanks, Olaf ...

HP Laserjet 6L printer connect via USB port?
I have just purchased a new HP Computer, & to my chagrin, it did not contain a parallel printer port. It does contain several USB ports. Am using Windows XP Pro. The printer I have is the HP Laserjet 6L printer that contains only a parallel printer port. Can I connect the printer using a USB to Parallel Printer Cable purchased off the shelf at Frys, or do I need a special HP cable? Also, when setting up the printer using ADD HARDWARE function of XP, do I select the "virtual usb printing" option or the parallel printing option. All info welcomed! Aaron in N. H...

Sharing a HP DeskJet printer, between 2 PCs via USB (network disabled by VPN)
===== ISSUE ===== Is there a product, which allows AUTOMATIC (no user intervention or computer errors/messages) USB (or parallel) sharing of a HP DeskJet printer, between two computers (WinXP & Win2k)? NOTE: These notebooks ARE networked together BUT one uses the Cisco VPN client (WHICH DISABLES LOCAL NETWORKING WHILE CONNECTED, PERIOD). I want to still be able to print while connected via VPN. I could (but prefer not to)... -buy a 2nd printer -connect the printer to Notebook #1 (see below) but then Notebook #2 can't print -buy a MANUAL printer switch box (not the best option) ========== BACKGROUND ========== Notebook #1: WinXP (with Cisco VPN client) Notebook #2: Win2k (HP DeskJet printer via parallel) HP DeskJet Printer: Parallel or USB (NOT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME - already tried this) ========= Thanks!!! THE END ========= ...

USB Port on HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer... Only USB 1.1?
Hello. I have a HP PhotoSmart 8450 printer. I used its USB port, on the bottom left of the printer, to connect USB 2.0 Flash Sticks/Drives/... It seems to access files very slow. It feels like USB 1.1 speed. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be 2.0 speed? Is there a way to check? I was not able to find this information in my printer manual and on HP's Web site. I tried disconnecting the printer from the computer motherboard's USB port WITH its 2'(?) USB extension cord (printer is on my bookshelf and not close enough to the computer) and connecting the same USB s...

HP C8180 USB or Wireless Printer?
Has anyone ever tried to use the HP C8180 All-In-One printer, scanner, copier with OS/2 in the USB state? It has wireless too, but that's another story I'm sure. If not and I were to try it, what would be the best way to try this with MCP2 latest everything including the latest USB Printer driver set which is installed on the boxes? Thanks.. -- --> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;) Mike Luther Hi Mike, CUPS is probably your best hope for printing..... Cheers, Paul. On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:57:54 UTC, Mike Luther <mike.luther@ziplog.com&g...

Unable to print to an HP USB port printer...
Hi all, I've worked with an Intersystems person on this but we were unable to figure it out. I have an HP inkjet that is a USB printer. I also have an ancient Panasonic dot matrix printer connected as LPT1... I can print to both from any Windows application and from my MSM system. I can't, however, get the HP to work from Cache. The Panasonic works great (it's a workhorse of a printer - gotta give it that) from Cache. We've tried just about everything we can think of in the Config Manager Devices screen. We've tried "W" as the "Open Parameter&quo...

Tool Box for two (2) [USB] HP Printers?
OS: Windows XP Pro - SP1 Ports: USB 2.0 Printers: HP Deskjet 940C HP Officejet d145 Situation: I no longer have the HP Tool Box, therefore the heads have not been cleaned and aligned in . . . several months. I currently have an Icon in the SysTray for the "officejet d series" - right click= display status, close. NO (Printer Choice, Clean, Align, Ink Level) options. POSSIBLE solutions: Remove both printers and re-install, with any HP Website Updates, in WHAT order, so that the Tool Box is available and USABLE? Put in the Installation CD-Rom for one (which) of the printers and click on a specific file which will make the Tool Box available and usable? Thanks ...

Netgear WAG311, DG384 and HP wireless printer 2710 #2
Dear All, I have already posted some of this at the end of one of the earlier posts, however, I though it may be helpful to clarify my problem by setting it all out here in one place. I am having some serious problems getting my wireless card to work. This is complicated by the addition of a new wireless HP printer. I have tried to give as much detail as possible in this post in the hope that someone may be able to help. Problem in a nutshell: I am having the following problems: - my PC will not connect to my router using the wireless card (although it seems to work okay when connected through the Ethernet cable); - I am constantly getting the following [b:331d21f67c] error messages[/b:331d21f67c]: 1. Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services - Data Execution Prevention Error"; 2. svchost.exe - application error - "the instruction at "0x009a96bc" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written" [b:331d21f67c]Background:[/b:331d21f67c] I have had my PC for a couple of months and last week bought the following: - Netgear WAG311 wireless pci adaptor - http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WAG311.php ; - Netgear DG384 wireless router - http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DG834.php ; and - HP Photosmart 2710 all-in-one printer, scanner, copier which offers wireless connection - http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF05a/5043-5527-7369133-7369133-7369155-7032287.html?lang=en&cc=uk&jumpid=oc_R1002_UKENC-...

HP printer can't find USB port
I just got a HP6122 inkjet printer. I'm trying to hook it up to a new Dell computer. I go through the add a new printer wizard and add the printer (using LPT1, because I can't find USB). When I go back through properties and try to change the port to USB, no USB ports show up in the list. All the LPT and COM ports and other stuff show up, but no USB. The ports do show up in the device manager - under control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Why don't the USB ports show up on the "ports" tab of the "properties" for the printer? Any ideas? On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:55:30 -0500, in comp.periphs.printers "Jim" <powrmatic@erols.com> wrote: >I just got a HP6122 inkjet printer. I'm trying to hook it up to a new Dell >computer. I go through the add a new printer wizard and add the printer >(using LPT1, because I can't find USB). When I go back through properties >and try to change the port to USB, no USB ports show up in the list. All >the LPT and COM ports and other stuff show up, but no USB. The ports do >show up in the device manager - under control panel, system, hardware, >device manager. > >Why don't the USB ports show up on the "ports" tab of the "properties" for >the printer? > >Any ideas? Have you ever used them? If not check to see they are enabled in the machine's BIOS. "Jim&qu...

NEED HELP! Hp 48G+ Connection through Printer Port #2
Graphing Calculator HELP! Has anyone every made an HP 48G+ talk to a PC using The printer port? for some reason there is a device occupying my only Physical COM port and i can't turn it off in WinXP, so i purchases a Print/serial connector, so i can connect my HP cable through the device and into the LPT port. Is there a way i can emulate a COM port through an LPT port? or Is there a way i can modify an HP-PC "connect" app to use the LPT for communication? or Is there a way i can tell the "SerialKey" Devices in WinXP to talk through the LPT port? any comment i...

Connecting a HP 2510 all in one Printer to a Netgear WGT624 Router
I recently switched routers from a Dlink to a Netgear WGT624. My HP 2510 Printer worked great the Dlink, but on the Netgear router, it does not issue a IP to the printer. I have the printer setup for DCHP and the router also. The only difference between routers is the Netgear has a built in Firewall. I tried to disable the firewall but this did not work. Mark ...

Replacement Parts HP AC/dc ADAPTER 0957-2144 for All-in-one HP PSC 2355 printer
Replacement Parts Services Inquiry HP AC/dc ADAPTER 0957-2144 for All-in-one HP PSC 2355 printer. I tried the HP directly but from them I got only useless links. Any suggestion as to where it's possible to get it will be appreciated. TIA McCorkindale wrote: > Replacement Parts Services Inquiry HP AC/dc ADAPTER 0957-2144 > for All-in-one HP PSC 2355 printer. I tried the HP directly but from > them I got only useless links. Any suggestion as to where it's > possible to get it will be appreciated. > > TIA eBay ~$16.00 "Fr...

USB printer Router with parallel port for printer
HI, We are looking for a braodband router with build-in printer server with a USB port. There a lot of broadband router that offer printer server but all the one we have found have parrallel port for the printer. The printer we want to buy with the router is an all in-one printer. Here all the printer we find have only USB port. Have any one find a way to connect the two or we facing a strange mismach? Thank you Andr´┐Ż Blanchard <andre.blanchard@fadq.qc.ca> wrote in message news:<p1vdhvscbh85tv4mfspltfn007vfiaqa7c@4ax.com>... > HI, > > We are looking for a braodband router with build-in printer server > with a USB port. There a lot of broadband router that offer printer > server but all the one we have found have parrallel port for the > printer. The printer we want to buy with the router is an all in-one > printer. Here all the printer we find have only USB port. Have any > one find a way to connect the two or we facing a strange mismach? > > Thank you Andre, Check this http://www.surecom-net.com/pd-wireless-9910sx.htm not sure if the product is available yet. Sujit ...

hp All-In-One printer/scanners and Mac 0s 9.2: a recipe for trouble?
My wife acquired a refurbished Hewlett-Packard All-in-One printer/scanner/copier to use with her older USB-only OS 9.2.2. PowerBook. The hp unit worked -- at least sort of. When she disconnected her PB from the hp unit and brought it with us on a trip, however, the PB would only operate in an unbelievable sluggish fashion -- 10 to 20 seconds to respond to a mouse click or keystroke input -- as if some CPU-hungry process were running invisibly in the background and chewing up all the cycles in the CPU. After a lot of messing around, multiple restarts, Disk FIrst Aid, TechTool Pro, et...

HP Single Opteron 2.2 ghz server is faster than HP dual Xeon 3.2 ghz server
The new HP Proliant DL145 server with a single Opteron 2.2 ghz is faster than the HP Proliant DL140 with dual Xeon 3.2 ghz . The dual processor DL145 Opteron server is 57% faster than the dual Xeon DL140. http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/benchmarks/dl145-webbench.pdf "JK" <JK9821@netscape.net> wrote in message news:415A3753.1B431EC1@netscape.net... > The new HP Proliant DL145 server with a single Opteron 2.2 ghz > is faster than the HP Proliant DL140 with dual Xeon 3.2 ghz . > The dual processor DL145 Opteron server is 57% faster > than the dual Xeon DL140. > > > http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/benchmarks/dl145-webbench.pdf > As one can see, the two systems were not configured the same. The Xeon isn't even the latest architecture. The Xeon had the older, slower, bus speed (533... come on, been 800 forever now). The older Xeons had 1/2 the L2 cache. Pretty ridiculous comparison. From Spec.org Intel Corporation Intel D925XCV (AA-400) motherboard (3.6 GHz, Pentium 4 Processor with HT Technology) 1630 1627 1 core, 1 chip, 1 core/chip with Jul-2004 HTML PDF PS Text Config Advanced Micro Devices Tyan Thunder K8QS Pro (S4882), AMD Opteron (TM) 850 1663 1567 1 core, 1 chip, 1 core/chip Sep-2004 HTML PDF PS Text Config Top Intel and Top AMD processor are very similar in CPU benchmarking. ...

reading serial port data, sending to HP printer with JetDirect card via ethernet
I think this is possible, but I don't know how to forward data read from an RS-232 port to an IP-based printer connection. I'm using LabVIEW 6i, and am a beginner ( < 6 mos. hands-on use). Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. I have an Agilent 1100 HPLC sans Chemstation. The handheld controller is OK, but it does not store ANY data, so whatever is on the screen at the time is all you get. I can print the current screen using a softkey on the controller, and the data for the print job is sent through the RS-232 port on back of the detector. A second task (easy) is just...

Conn4x & USB rev 2.2.2348
It's available at: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=351776&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=33568&prodTypeId=215348&swEnvOID=20 That's HP's "business support center" site. The "HP Customer Care" site doesn't have it yet; as far as I can tell, it usually takes a few more days for new files to show up there. It's not obvious to me what the changes from build 2345 are, but I've downloaded and installed build 2348, and it's seems to work ok. The USB driver installation is still a b...

Hp 48GX or Hp 48SX which one ....
which one of these should I buy ? give me ya opinion In article <1111391111.701210.292000@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "concrete_jungle" <transdeco@softhome.net> wrote: > which one of these should I buy ? give me ya opinion The GX has a bunch of things that the SX lacks, so if the costs are the same the GX is preferable. If the GX costs a lot more than the SX, then what you are going to use it for becomes important. "concrete_jungle" <transdeco@softhome.net> wrote in message news:1111391111.701210.292000@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

HP USB printer disappears from 10.2.8 Print Center, can't add back
I have an HP PSC 2175xi USB printer, with the latest drivers and software (6.07) installed on my MacOS 10.2.8 (Power Macintosh G3 with PCI plugin USB). Everything was working fine, then I got "No Printers Selected" on my Print Dialog Box, and the Print Center had been emptied. When I attempt to Add the printer, I get "An error occurred while trying to add the selected printers. Error 1282". I have tried: - reconnecting the USB - connecting directly to the computer (without a hub) - reinstalling the HP printer software and drivers (after uninstalling) - recreating the /...

HP PSC1210 USB 1.1 or USB 2?
Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. Any info appreciated Cheers From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to guess that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher throughput of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows 98, which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben Myers On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com> wrote: >Hi all, is this printer USB 1.1 or USB 2?? > >Everywhere I go to find this out, it only tells me its USB > >Which doesnt tell me a hell of a lot lol. > >Any info appreciated > >Cheers > > Ta Ben. I finally got a tech online to chat with. And yup he said its definitely 1.1 and USB2. So, it'll make use of USB2 if u have USB 2 ports and a USB2 cable. <ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message news:41efbc8a.5083615@nntp.charter.net... > From the truly sketchy information on the HP web site, I would have to > guess > that the PSC1210 supports USB 1.1 and takes advantage of the higher > throughput > of USB 2.0. HP supports the product (drivers, etc) running with Windows > 98, > which, for all intents and purposes, knows nothing about USB 2.0... Ben > Myers > > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:19:08 +1300, "P...

HP printers #2
Hp has 3 printers that print on dvd/cds.the hp d5160,d5360 and a all in one hp c5280.The d5160 uses 98/95 carts the d5360 74/75 carts I don't know what the c5280 takes.Has any one here in the usa have any experance with these printers. I think the print heads are built in the carts. John H. "John H." <bigjohn@nospam.com> wrote in message news:rWOmj.497627$kj1.405247@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Hp has 3 printers that print on dvd/cds.the hp d5160,d5360 and a all in > one hp c5280.The d5160 uses 98/95 carts the d5360 74/75 carts I don't kno...

HP Printer #2
Prints to right more than it should, letters get cut off..any help? I have just bought a secondhand Kyocera FS-600 (the delights of Ebay!). When I power it up the on line and data lights go on for a bit, all the lights go on in succession, then go out leaving the 'cassette' and 'jam' lights flashing. Naturally I can't print anything. I've opened all the hatches I can, and it does it with paper loaded and without. I also took the toner out to see if there was anything I could see with it removed, put it back in, and now the toner light is always on unless I lift the front panel up very slightly. I've hunted around online for manuals, but the FS-600 doesn't even appear in Kyocera's legacy section! Any ideas? On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:12:44 GMT, "Just Wondering" <nospam4me@rogers.com.com> wrote: >Prints to right more than it should, letters get cut off..any help? > What's the model? Its a photosmart 1215 "Cullinane" <kc@chain.com> wrote in message news:r46pov0hpku36t5beflutcoi1ldb6c7vuh@4ax.com... > On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:12:44 GMT, "Just Wondering" > <nospam4me@rogers.com.com> wrote: > > >Prints to right more than it should, letters get cut off..any help? > > > > > What's the model? Terry Fcukwit <terry@fcukwit.com> wrote in message news:<Hh0jb.722$WR5.76@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>... ...

HP Printers #2
I have a question related to HP printers: I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the Embedded Web Server on HP Printers? I don't know this is possible or done with firmware!? The reason I'm asking is the web interface we have for some of our 8150 printers is very basic [I'm guessing fairly old too]. Some of our newer printers [2300s] have really useful tracking stats for toner, paper stats, email alerts etc and we were wanting to get this info on all our printers... Would appreciate any help... Thanks, Mikel ...

HP USB Printers
We use NC6000 notebooks and sometimes when we plug a usb printer or run off the network we see "two printers" become available. Once with the standard name and then another with the same name but (Copy 1) behind it. The "(Copy 1)" selection works but the other does not. Why is it creating this other "Copy 1" driver? <jessstewart@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1128691042.587267.148660@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We use NC6000 notebooks and sometimes when we plug a usb printer or run > off the network we see "two printers" become available. Once with the > standard name and then another with the same name but (Copy 1) behind > it. The "(Copy 1)" selection works but the other does not. Why is it > creating this other "Copy 1" driver? > Because you have your PC set to automatically look for network File and network Printers.....if it find one, it will install it! -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging I dont understand. We pull the driver off the server and it installs the two versions. How do we get it to stop? In Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View Uncheck the first line "Automatically Search for Network Folders and Printers". -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging "Jess" <jessstewart@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1128708724.824739.298230@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I dont understand...

Web resources about - HP All-in-One via Wireless Router with USB printer port #2 - comp.sys.hp.hardware

Happy Ever After - Unicorns, Fairies, Angels, Dragons, Mermaids & Wizards - All in One Fantasy World ...
Get Happy Ever After - Unicorns, Fairies, Angels, Dragons, Mermaids & Wizards - All in One Fantasy World on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

LG unveils Chromebase, an all-in-one Google Chrome OS desktop PC
The new LG Chromebase is the first Chrome OS desktop PC with a built-in monitor.

Office 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies

All-in-one computer makes a comeback
Try this simple test at home: what's the name of Dell's best-selling PC?

Black Friday: The best Apple deals on iPhone, iPad, Macs, & Apps all in one place
... Now at MacMall: MacBook Airs $100 off, iPads $40 off, more B&H: Some of the best deals on Macs if you want AppleCare included . iPhone - ...

AOL Introduces New 'All-in-One' Platform for Publishers
... a new offering called One by AOL: Publishers. One by AOL: Publishers will replace Marketplace, which AOL says counts 75,000 publishers as clients. ...

Azumio Updates Argus All-in-One Health and Fitness App
Azumio Updates Argus All-in-One Health and Fitness App

Computex 2013: Huntkey showcases micro-ATX All-In-One Chassis
A lot of companies are dealing with the All-in-one concept. One side of the global business is dealing with the manufacturing, and then the other ...

Lenovo announces the N308, an All-in-One Android computer
Lenovo introduces the N308 all-in-one Android powered computer