HP c5180 won't print in black?

Got the C5180 from a relative because it didn't work.  I tried a new
black ink tank, it doesn't print anything in black.  Color print looks
weak and washed out without black for shadow, and black only print
comes out almost blank, just a few tiny black dots like I have an
empty ink tank installed.

I figured something is interrupting the flow of ink from the tank to
the printer head as the tank are mounted stationary on the front.  Is
there any instruction I can use to take apart the 5180 (or any 5100
series) so I can check the connections?
0
impmon1 (2)
8/26/2008 11:45:56 PM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

HP 930C won't print in black
My colour and black cartirdge ran out around the same time. I had a new black but no new colour. I changed the black but it wouldn't print a black document. I assumed it was still a problem with the colour cartirdidge. I have finally now replaced the colour cartirdge, but it still won't print an all black document. Any ideas? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.542 / Virus Database: 336 - Release Date: 18/11/03 -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Are you sure that your 'new' black cartridge hasn't dried up in the time it wasn't used? Cari www.coribright.com "WasTa" <trevor@weather.4dinternet.co.uk> wrote in message news:3fcb8ee2_1@corp.newsgroups.com... > My colour and black cartirdge ran out around the same time. I had a new > black but no new colour. I changed the black but it wouldn't print a black > document. I assumed it was still a problem with the colour cartirdidge. I > have finally now replaced the colour cartirdge, but it still won't print an > all black document. > > Any ideas? > > > > > > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system ...

HP 970cxi won't print black!
Help, suddenly my printer won't print any black text. Checking HP Toolbox, shows I have plenty of black in in the cartridge, but I can't get it to work. I check the text default, and it shows the type should be black. I'm not sure what to do next. I could try a new cartridge, but this one is pretty full, and I don't want to waste it! Thanks for suggestions. Run a clean cycle or better still dab the print head on a tissue to see if there really is any ink left "John" <john@john.net> wrote in message news:bv4m1051i2rcv0mc0c8o5vnqtnbudl0krk@4ax.com... > Help, suddenly my printer won't print any black text. Checking HP > Toolbox, shows I have plenty of black in in the cartridge, but I can't > get it to work. I check the text default, and it shows the type should > be black. > > I'm not sure what to do next. I could try a new cartridge, but this > one is pretty full, and I don't want to waste it! > > Thanks for suggestions. [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <bv4m1051i2rcv0mc0c8o5vnqtnbudl0krk@4ax.com>, john@john.net says... > Help, suddenly my printer won't print any black text. Checking HP > Toolbox, shows I have plenty of black in in the cartridge, but I can't > get it to work. I check the text default, and it shows the type should > be black. > > I'm ...

HP Deskjet printer won't print black
I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Carol wrote: > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. > > I'd appreciate any help I can get with this. > > Thanks Stupid question time- did you pull off the tape covering the print nozzles? "Carol" <googlemail2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@posting.google.com... > I have an HP Deskjet 720c (yes, I know it's old). All of a sudden it > stopped printing anything in black. I put in a new cartridge and > cleaned them but still no black. Color prints fine. Start by disconnecting the computer and doing a simple diagnostic print as shown at: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd07098&product=61012&dlc=en&lang=en#N1017E If this prints a simple nozzle pattern of black, cyan, magenta and yellow then the problem may lie with your driver. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP MS MVP Printing/Imaging googlemail2003@yahoo.com (Carol) wrote in message news:<36f36d84.0407200645.c934c86@...

HP PSC 1510 Won't Print Black & White Photos
I've tried with photo paper, both glossy and matte, and plain paper but the photo pages which are in black and white come out with a reddish cast. Any idea what the problem could be? The ink levels are good and the settings are correct for black and white printing. I've run the clean print cartridge option but it didn't help. Please help. Pat ...

HP 5510 won't print.....??
Hello All, I just hooked up an HP 5510 officejet printer to my iBook which is running 9.1. Whenever I try to print something it defaults to the fax machine. Any ideas? tia, mike ...

HP 2500C won't print
We bought a used Designjet 2500C plotter. Used for a year sparingly, but no issues. Now, whenever I try to print something to it, it spools through with Receiving in the window. But that's it. When done receiving, it switches back to ready mode. Reboot and it runs through all tests and returns to Ready mode. No errors. I've sent PDFs, Coreldraw, small, large - same difference. How do I troubleshoot this? thanks! "Shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: >We bought a used Designjet 2500C plotter. Used for a year sparingly, but no >issues. Now, whenever I try to print something to it, it spools through with >Receiving in the window. But that's it. When done receiving, it switches >back to ready mode. > >Reboot and it runs through all tests and returns to Ready mode. No errors. > >I've sent PDFs, Coreldraw, small, large - same difference. > >How do I troubleshoot this? > >thanks! I suggest you try http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=414 You will need to register and log in before you post your question. There are excellent people there that will help if they can. Tony MS MVP Printing/Imaging I would also try a new tech support I recently found. It has excellent expert and free live support chat. I had a problem with my printer and they fixed it in no time... Here is the page for HP 2500C Support: http://www.fixya.com/support/p378956-hp_deskjet_2500c_pr...

my HP 932c deskjet won't use hp 51645a cartrige
I bought 3 new 51645A cartriges from shop4tech.com, I tried installing one to my printer. The ink light kept blinking and the printer will not print at all. When I open up the printer cover, the cartriges moved to the icon where the arrow is pointing at the empty black cartrige picture. I removed the new 51645A, replaced the old 51645g cartrige, the ink light went off and the printer started printing. Nothing can be seen on the paper as the cartriges are empty. I opened up another new 51645A and tried on my printer. It didn't worked either. I suspected that the cartriges are not co...

HP Laserjet 4M+ Won't print
Hi all, My LJ 4M+ is refusing to print just about anything (I see the 'Ready' light flash twice as if it's about to start and then it goes back to the normal 'on' position), and that which it will print it doesn't actually print, it just prints out a bunch of garbage on the top line of every page. This problem is apparent both in Windows XP and in Linux, with PS and PCL drivers (in Win I've tested the XP default, the HP PCL, and the HP PS drivers, and in Linux I use CUPS, and I've tried both with a raw postscript driver and several of the HP Laserjet 4/4M drivers). I'm using the parallel port. Any ideas on how I could fix this problem? TIA Bob Raymond HW details: EPoX 8K5A3+ MB, Athlon 1.4, 512MB Corsair DDR HP PSC750xi and Epson Stylus Photo780 on USB, (both work fine in both OS's) HP LJ4M+ on Parallel SW: XP Pro Gentoo Linux Robert E. Raymond <rraymond@earthlink.net> wrote: > My LJ 4M+ is refusing to print just about anything (I see the 'Ready' > light flash twice as if it's about to start and then it goes back to the > normal 'on' position), and that which it will print it doesn't actually > print, it just prints out a bunch of garbage on the top line of every > page. This problem is apparent both in Windows XP and in Linux, with PS > and PCL drivers (in Win I've tested the XP default, the HP PCL, and the > HP PS ...

HP LaserJet 1300 won't print.
Hi all I have trying to print a USPS shipping label with my HP LaserJet 1300 Printer via Ebay. I have a green blinking button on the front of my printer, as well as window on computer screen that show this PDF document is being printing. This been the case for well over 30 minutes. I am using MacOS 10.4.11 and am trying to print wirelessly via my Airport. I can void out this label and go to the Post Office, but would prefer not to have to do this. Any Suggestions? Thanks Michael Okay all Her is what I had to do to get this label to print. I right clicked on the document and then selected...

HP Laserjet won't print to WP10
My HP Laserjet won't print to WP10. It will print to Notepad, etc. However, I still wonder if it is a printer problem, because I've tried all sorts of WP 10 fixes, but to no avail. I'm using Windows XP Home on an HP Pavilion notebook. I've tried re-installing the printer, but that didn't do anything. Your help is appreciated! Yaacov David ...

HP 2600n
Hi, I just bought an HP 2600n and it won't print jpgs for me. Are others experiencing this too? It'll print a word file just fine, but won't print a word file with jpgs embedded (as in printing label sheets made from a single jpg). It won't print pdfs either. If you've found this problem too, is there a workaround? HP tech support says there is, but that since its not "official" they can't point me at a web site or other tool to fix this. Thanks! -Jeff <GreenBusinessNetworking@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193089557.004406.24...

USB problem: HP 6L won't print
Strange problem here: I have an HP Laserjet 6L parallel printer connected through an parallel/USB convertor cable to the USB port of my pc. I'm running debian with the 2.4.20 kernel, usb-ohci, ehci-hcd and printer modules loaded, usb-core compiled in the kernel. USB filesystem mounted and all, my USB external floppy drive works perfectly. So it should print, but when I try echo hello > /dev/usb/lp0 it does nothing. No 'device not found' or anything (which I *do* get when I send it to /dev/usb/lp1). The funny bit is, that some time ago, when I was still trying to get the flop...

USB problem: HP 6L won't print
Strange problem here: I have an HP Laserjet 6L parallel printer connected through an parallel/USB convertor cable to the USB port of my pc. I'm running debian with the 2.4.20 kernel, usb-ohci, ehci-hcd and printer modules loaded, usb-core compiled in the kernel. USB filesystem mounted and all, my USB external floppy drive works perfectly. So it should print, but when I try echo hello > /dev/usb/lp0 it does nothing. No 'device not found' or anything (which I *do* get when I send it to /dev/usb/lp1). The funny bit is, that some time ago, when I was still trying to get the floppy drive to work, I *did* manage to print a page by sending an asci file to /dev/usb/lp0. I tried using printtool, but that just gives me an error when I try to do a test printing: Error printing test page to queue lp Error reason: connect: lpr: No such file or directory jobs queued, but cannot start daemon Any ideas on what exactly is going wrong, because I'm totally out of ideas. -- Alex Borghgraef ...

USB problem: HP 6L won't print
Strange problem here: I have an HP Laserjet 6L parallel printer connected through an parallel/USB convertor cable to the USB port of my pc. I'm running debian with the 2.4.20 kernel, usb-ohci, ehci-hcd and printer modules loaded, usb-core compiled in the kernel. USB filesystem mounted and all, my USB external floppy drive works perfectly. So it should print, but when I try echo hello > /dev/usb/lp0 it does nothing. No 'device not found' or anything (which I *do* get when I send it to /dev/usb/lp1). The funny bit is, that some time ago, when I was still trying to get the floppy...

HP LaserJet 4P won't print grayscale
Greetings. Our HP LaserJet 4P works great for black-and-white text and line art, but won't print anything in grayscale -- if we send it a document or image from any application which contains colour or gray areas, those areas are printed so lightly as to be invisible. This holds regardless of the REt Setting, Toner Density, Printout Mode, and Resolution/Quality settings. I'm also sure it's not a software fault as we've tried hooking the printer up to various Windows and GNU/Linux boxes and printing from several different applications. However, if we first manually convert a...

New HP photosmart C3180 won't print
Can anyone help me please? I've been given the above printer (new but tried out on my dad's so I know it should work) but it won't print. I've gone the troubleshooter. I connected the cable at the right time. Have uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times. Checked for updated drivers. Check connections. HELP!! The most I have been able to get it to do is print an alignment sheet. (It took a few minutes to decide it wanted to do this and I'd given up!). I tried to get it to print a sample picture and other checks in the toolbox but wouldn't. After I'd left it ...

HP Deskjet 870c Won't Print Yellow
???? New cartridge just installed. Any ideas? "Dave" <dgtr@snet.net> wrote in message news:3F9C83C1.D153C796@snet.net... > ???? New cartridge just installed. Any ideas? This can happen if the cartridges are very old. You can check the "install by" date on the package when buying cartridges. Check the cartridge to see if it is still under warranty at: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpa02014.html If so return it to your dealer or call HP for a replacement. You could also try a prime cycle - run three levels of cleaning from the toolbox or do the following: turn on the printer, then press the power button, hold it in and press the formfeed button 9 times rapidly, then release the power button. This will perform a prime which may recover the cartridge. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP Excellent. Priming worked. Thanks. Nice shortcut. Bob Headrick wrote: > "Dave" <dgtr@snet.net> wrote in message news:3F9C83C1.D153C796@snet.net... > > ???? New cartridge just installed. Any ideas? > > This can happen if the cartridges are very old. You can check the "install by" > date on the package when buying cartridges. Check the cartridge to see if it > is still under warranty at: > http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpa02014.html If so return > it to your dealer or call HP for a replacement. >...

HP laser jet 4L won't stop printing
I evidently got some bad code and my printer has been printing for 3 hours with no end in sight. There is no file in the printer cache to cancel It seems to all be in the printer memory. How can I get this to stop? I hit the reset several times but it did not work. I pulled the plug but the memory retained the code and started printing again HELP Paul Slopak, Jr. wrote: > I evidently got some bad code and my printer has been printing for 3 > hours with no end in sight. > There is no file in the printer cache to cancel > It seems to all be in the printer memory. > > How can I get this to stop? > I hit the reset several times but it did not work. > I pulled the plug but the memory retained the code and started > printing again > > HELP Shut down your computer - it's the computer's print spooler. After shutdown, pull the plug on the printer. Remove the printer cable. Restart your computer and remove the printer, printer software. Do a complete virus check, chkdsk or scandisk - depending on the operating system, disk cleanup. Reinstall the printer driver. Try again. The 4L is about 8 years old. It might be ready for retirement, but do the above first. Q Thanks. I unplugged both of my printers and switched my A-B switch to the other printer and the document popped up in the queue of the other printer. I was able to cancel the printing. I have actually had the 4L for over 10 years and have done absolutely nothing to it but a...

HP LJ2300 won't print via USB (OS 9)
I reinstalled the OS 9 drivers (the user uses this Mac primarily for a Classic app, so boots into OS 9 only) downloaded from HP.com, but the printer won't show up in Chooser. As instructed in the setup instructions that come with the HP LJ Printer Utility, once the driver was installed and the computer rebooted, I used the Apple Desktop Printer Utility to create a desktop printer. That seems to have worked. But I can't seem to get this printer to print via USB. What am I missing? Some suggestions? Thanks, -- DaveC me@bogusdomain.net This is an invalid return ...

HP LJ2300 won't print via USB (OS 9)
I reinstalled the OS 9 drivers (the user uses this Mac primarily for a Classic app, so boots into OS 9 only) downloaded from HP.com, but the printer won't show up in Chooser. As instructed in the setup instructions that come with the HP LJ Printer Utility, once the driver was installed and the computer rebooted, I used the Apple Desktop Printer Utility to create a desktop printer. That seems to have worked (icon shows up on the desktop). But I can't seem to get this printer to print via USB. USB port is working. What am I missing? Some suggestions? G4 Mac "Quickslive...

HP OfficeJet 4315 all-in-one won't print from MS word
Hi, I bought this printer last April down south and used it briefly to send a fax. I have not attempted to use it till yesterday and found that it would not print or copy, etc, except for web pages. There is plenty of ink in cartridges. It goes through the motion of printing as you hear it work. It pops out blank pages as a finished product from MS word. I have attempted to clean cartridges. I printed a web page but again, it wont print a letter from word. What is the problem and what can I do about it to make it work? Roger Simply put, if it is printing anythin...

HP Deskjet 612C resume light blinking and won't print
I moved the printer and now it won't print to LPT1 and says there is no connection, but everything is the same; perhaps it is now out of alignment. How do I realign the printer? ...

hp deskjet 880c won't print w/new cartridge
I ran out of ink and put in a new HP black ink cartridge (yes I removed the tape). It got the top half of each line faintly printed, now nothing. Aligning and cleaning cartridges prints nothing and neither does the test page. The color has not worked in years. I would like to get that working again too someday. Thanks, Lisa It's probably time to add the 880c to a landfill. Inkjet printers are becoming throwaway items. The manufacturers all make their money from the ink cartridges, so why make a sturdy printer? You might make one last ditch effort to get the printer working again. The HP web site has a procedure for physically cleaning the area around the cartridge and print head, both of which are fairly delicate... Ben Myers On 12 Jan 2005 18:00:11 -0800, "webmaker" <lisarupe@yahoo.com> wrote: >I ran out of ink and put in a new HP black ink cartridge (yes I removed >the tape). It got the top half of each line faintly printed, now >nothing. Aligning and cleaning cartridges prints nothing and neither >does the test page. The color has not worked in years. I would like to >get that working again too someday. >Thanks, >Lisa > ...

Web resources about - HP c5180 won't print in black? - comp.sys.hp.hardware