HP Director for HP 4570c scanner

I have an HP 4570c scanner that I moved from one computer to install
on another.  Scanner and software was working fine on th old computer.
When I installed it on the new computer and try to use HP Director I
keep getting this message.

"An error occured communicating with the scanning device.Please ensure
the scanning device is connected properly and try again."

I can scan a document or picture using the HP Photo and Imaging tool
but the client wants the HP Director.  I have installed the HP
Solution Centre and I keep getting the same error message. I do not
have IE7 installed. I have removed and uninstalled all the HP scanning
software and reinstalled but still running into the same issue.

I'm puzzled why I can connect and scan using the HP Photo and Imaging
but receive an error when I try to use the HP Director.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

0
sclothier (1)
6/25/2007 3:10:29 PM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

[...]

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With Hp the sales are generously scattered from one HP site to another HP site. I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? What I need to know so I can present to management should we consider buying be it used, refurbished, new for our business workstations HP or HP Compaq. I have studied the specs on all models and I see the progressive evolution. Xp to Vista to Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The intel core, memory, sata drives. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks In article <2b0098dd-8393-4021-a90d-2a2d602ca84e@ih1g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, Chuck McReynolds <ambcsc.archives@gmail.com> wrote: > I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? Compaq is a brand held by HP these days. -- May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods Those who eat natural foods die...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g
Dear hp calculator users: I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide. The tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.) I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators among my students at Utah State University. We meet twice a week after classes for that purpose. I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the tutorial exercises: http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you can download to your calculator. So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU. I hope you find these materials useful. Sincerely, Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E. Associate Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Utah Water Research Laboratory Utah State University Logan, Utah 84322-4110 http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/ This is great ! Many thank's ! "Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> a �crit dans le...

** wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals
wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC Please check our web site at http://www.smecc.org to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us. address: coury house / smecc 5802 w palmaire ave glendale az 85301 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Good non HP ink replacement for HP Vivera ( HP A168 )
I have a HP A618 compact printer which uses just a single 3 colour 5.5ml cartridge, the ink is stated as Vivera. The cartridge number is HP 110 (CB304AE) I have refilled the cartridge using JetTec universal ink which seems to give acceptable results, but wondered if anyone can suggest anything better? For anyone wanting to refill these carts, the colours are as below on the top of the cart, with 'Y' being nearest the front (electrical contact) end. If you remove the sticker on top of the cart, it exposes the holes for the ink, (no drilling needed). After refilling, ...

Choose box on the HP 49G+ like HP 39G or HP 38G
Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box function and/or how I can draw one? Thank you for your help Best Regards jajacom "jajacom" <jajacom@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:40b39978$0$7698$636a15ce@news.free.fr... > Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box > function and/or how I can draw one? X If you ask about a two level CHOOSE like in the HP 38/39/40 then this is a feature I've asked from JYA many times )-: [VPN] ...

hp 7660 cant find hp director software
this is driving me nuts,i have re-installed the hp photo imaging disc 4x as well as downloading it from hp's site.as many times as i install it i have no short cuts nor can i even find a folder for hp director software.ive wiped out every sign of anything left over from the uninstall each time..anyone know what folder and file executes the program? looking on the cd i dont see anything called hp director either [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <119f75d.0402080234.ae5ec7c@posting.google.com>, mathjak@aol.com says... > this is driving me nuts,i have re-installed the hp photo imaging disc > 4x as well as downloading it from hp's site.as many times as i install > it i have no short cuts nor can i even find a folder for hp director > software.ive wiped out every sign of anything left over from the > uninstall each time..anyone know what folder and file executes the > program? looking on the cd i dont see anything called hp director > either For my PSC2410, it's: "C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqdirec.exe" -- If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!! http://home.att.net/~andyross ...

HP A1140N will not communicate with HP 4850 scanner
I have a strange problem with this computer. Here's the whole story. I have two computers -- HP Pavilion dv1100 laptop and HP a1140n desktop. Both computers are new within past 8 months, replacing computers lost in Hurricane Katrina. A few weeks ago I purchased a HP 4850 flatbed scanner. In installed the scanner and software on the desktop and the laptop. Installation went without a problem. HOWEVER -- the scanner will not work on the desktop; scanner works perfectly on the laptop. I think I have isolated the problem to the USB connection between the computer and the scanner -- and the problem appears to be software, not hardware -- for some reason the computer will not communicate with the scanner. When I try to scan with the scanner attached to a USB port on the desktop, nothing happens when I open the scanner software and tell is to scan, then, after a couple of minutes, I get an error message "Computer cannot communicate with scanner." Here are the answers to all the usual questions: -- Yes, the scanner shows up in Device Manger and when I check scanner properties in Device Manger, it says device is working properly. -- No, I am not running the scanner through a USB hub -- no hub attached. -- Yes, I have other USB devices attached and all run perfectly. -- Yes, I have replaced the USB cable and I have tried every USB port on the computer. -- Yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed (several times). -- Yes, I have checked for updates to ...

FA: HP-71B + accessories, HP-41C CCD module, HP-16C
See all auctions here: http://www.29f.de/auct.htm Best regards and Merry Christmas TB ...

HP 49G or HP 48GX?
-- -------------------------------- Sent from pine, yes that pine... Both are old, nut the 49G has internal Faslh for permanent storage 49G "Joel Snape" <jdsnape@catra.homeunix.net> wrote in message news:slrneroteb.ndi.jdsnape@localhost.localdomain... > > > -- > -------------------------------- > Sent from pine, yes that pine... > Thanks for your opinion, I think I will go for the HP49G Does anyone know of any good infomation on how to build a serial lead? I have only been able to find snippits of infomation. I was thinking of a complete howto k...

HP 40G
I need some program for HP 40G but there arent many possibility. There are calculator that work like HP 40G? For example can I use program for HP 49G? Thanks "Some days are better than others" <TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO> wrote in message news:856m71t7t996tipcebmbemurpu4fg3b52k@4ax.com... >I need some program for HP 40G but there arent many possibility. > There are calculator that work like HP 40G? 39G, 39g+ (if you don't use CAS) > For example can I use program for HP 49G? NO I have found that I can Use program write for HP 38G It's stra...

any thoughts on HP or the HP C7280?
I'm getting this printer / scanner / MFD and wonder what people think of it.. Particularly I am getting this printer for HP's excellent Linux support. Any thoughts? I had lots of two-sided printing jams with the C7280 and took mine back after about two months. The last day I could return the printer was the day that it kept jamming, and HP tech support could not fix the problem. They offered to send me another (replaceable) duplexer, or a new printer if this did not fix the problem, but I did not think it was my job to be a guinea pig and try to test out different sol...

HP 7760 and HP 970cxi
Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today or for the next 8 hours? PJ PJX wrote: > Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today > or for the next 8 hours? > > PJ > > > I'd turn the 970 off. The 970 draws 4 watts on, 2 watts off. Not a lot of wasted power but it might extend the power supply life or give added protection against lighting/surge strikes. I don't know about the 7760. PJX wrote: >Should I turn my printers off if I'm not going to be using them today >or for the next 8 hours? From a life expectancy point of view, it doesn't really matter. The biggest killer of electronic components is thermal expansion. Turning on and off repeatedly will cycle electronic devices through heating and cooling which eventually damages them. If the printer is left powered on, this is not an issue. But gentle heating and cooling, like being off for 8 hours, is generally not a big deal. As for ink clogging, if the printer is unused for about a minute, the printheads are parked to prevent them from drying out and becoming clogged. One thing to watch though, is to make sure you turn the printer off with its power button if you have it plugged into a power bar. This will make sure the heads are parked before losing power. My printer has a 30 minute auto-off feature and I have it enabled. PJX wrote: > Should I turn my printer...

HP Scanner makes everything yellow (HP Scanjet 2400)
Hi Here are some pictures: http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1a.jpg http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1b.jpg A is the original picture, 50% in order to make it fit here. As you can see only a part of it is in the right colours. A part of the original scan is the B - with "waves" in it, I have seen that before and know simply to resize. But you can see the colour difference better. What causes the yellowness and how can I fix it? It is a HP Scanjet 2400. WBR Sonnich In article <f02fa18e-857d-4920-bc6d-7c8e5f255e97@gi10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>, Sonnich Jensen <sonnichjensen@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > Here are some pictures: > http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1a.jpg > http://hot.ee/sonnich/scan1b.jpg > > A is the original picture, 50% in order to make it fit here. > As you can see only a part of it is in the right colours. > > A part of the original scan is the B - with "waves" in it, I have seen > that before and know simply to resize. But you can see the colour > difference better. > > What causes the yellowness and how can I fix it? It looks like the signal from the "blue" sensor is intermittent -- except for that stripe halfway down, it's not getting through. This is probably due to a loose connector, a broken wire or failed solder joint, but possibly something else. In any case, the break is inside the scanner, very possibly in or around the flexible cable that connects to the traveling s...

HP p6370t and HP p6310t
Both systems being sold at Costco and would be interested in hearing from any one who purchased one as to good/bad experience. TIA ...

HP 49g or HP 48gx
I am an HP 48gx owner, and now I have oportunity to swop it for HP 49g(non plus). I know that 48gx has equation library and good keyboard. 49g is newly and has more memory, but it has rubber keyboard. Is it worthy to swop? "Beto" <beto_z_o.Borra_Esto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:33dk7kF3tv77jU1@individual.net... > Marijan wrote: >> I am an HP 48gx owner, and now I have oportunity to swop it for HP >> 49g(non >> plus). >> I know that 48gx has equation library and good keyboard. 49g is newly and >> has more >> memory, but it has ...

Web resources about - HP Director for HP 4570c scanner - comp.sys.hp.hardware

David L. Williams (film director) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Williams began his career as an actor, working regularly with theatre director Matthew Lloyd at the Almeida Theatre , Leicester Haymarket and ...

Back to the future for new Festival directors
NEW Adelaide Festival artistic directors Neil Armfield and Rachel Healy want to attract younger audiences by bringing back a digital version ...

Garbus Joins Radical, GenPop Signs Director Duo Tiger in a Jar and More
Director Liz Garbus has signed to Radical Media for commercial representation. The three-time Oscar-nominee, Grammy nominee, DGA-nominee and ...

Essence Names Digital Director
Essence has named Julee Wilson digital fashion and beauty director, a new role at the magazine. Wilson comes to the magazine from The Huffington ...

Yahoo Adds Directors as Proxy Fight, Potential Sale Loom
Yahoo! Inc. added two new independent directors who have experience in helping sell companies, bulking up the board as the struggling Web portal ...

'Ghostbusters' director reveals Leslie Jones' controversial character was originally written for Melissa ...
Director Paul Feig has directed Melissa McCarthy in three films, including her breakout role in “Bridesmaids,” so it shouldn’t come as a shock ...

CDC director visits Puerto Rico, warns of Zika crisis
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — The director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned on Tuesday that the Zika crisis gripping ...

Director Of ‘The Matrix’ Announces He’s Transgender And Changing His Name To Lilly
Director Of ‘The Matrix’ Announces He’s Transgender And Changing His Name To Lilly

Warner Bros Launching Emerging Film Directors Workshop
Warner Bros Pictures is gearing up to launch the Warner Bros. Emerging Film Directors Workshop sometime during the second quarter this year, ...

The Animated Ghostbusters Movie Has a Director and Is, Apparently, Happening
From the cover of The Real Ghostbusters DVDs, Volume 4 Sony’s banking hard on new Ghostbusters content saving them putting them back in the ...