HP HP Compaq

Hello
My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270
SmallFormFactors.
Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea
to replace the
Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current
models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP
offered new and old.

I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant,
Pavillion and so forth.
To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300
Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one
can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With Hp the sales are generously
scattered from one HP site to another HP site.

I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company?
What I need to know so I can present to management should we consider
buying be it used, refurbished, new for our business workstations HP
or HP Compaq. I have studied the specs on all models and I see the
progressive evolution. Xp to Vista to Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The
intel core, memory, sata drives. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article
<2b0098dd-8393-4021-a90d-2a2d602ca84e@ih1g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
 Chuck McReynolds <ambcsc.archives@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company?

Compaq is a brand held by HP these days.

--
May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina
We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods

Web resources about - HP HP Compaq - comp.sys.hp.hardware

Compaq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Harris County , Texas , U.S. Compaq Computer Corporation was a company founded in 1982, that developed, sold, and supported computers and related ...

Compaq US - Presario Notebook and Laptop PCs, Desktop Computers and Accessories.
Compaq offerings include Presario notebook and laptop PCs, desktops, and computer accessories.

Former Compaq Chairman, and current Mac user, reveals that Jobs asked Compaq to license the Mac OS in ...
Among other interesting tidbits on Steve Jobs, technology investment pioneer Ben Rosen reveals that the new Apple CEO invited the then Compaq ...

City considers selling former Compaq Center to Lakewood Church for &#36;7.5 million - abc13.com
And some say Lakewood Church is getting a great deal for the former home of the Houston Rockets First called the Summit, then the Compaq Center, ...

Former HP CEO responsible for Compaq merger explores 2016 presidential bid
Mock Paper Scissors Carly Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard who brought about the industry-changing merger with Compaq, is laying the ...

Apple is the new Compaq
Surely we can blame Tim Cook for that. Wait. You're too young to remember Compaq? Well, Apple's CEO worked there in the 1990s, and his leadership ...

Posts tagged: Compaq at BGR: The Three Biggest Letters In Tech
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again. Best Buy announced on Monday that customers who purchase an HP or Compaq laptop, desktop ...

What Houston means to HP: Tech giant opens former Compaq campus doors for rare tour
... as Hewlett-Packard Co. offers a rare glimpse inside its Houston campus. Growing like a weed in the empty fields of northwest Houston, Compaq ...

Compaq - Blackboard
Login Login Username Password Remember me Forgot username or password? Login with Twitter Login with Facebook Login with LinkedIn Register Home ...

Coming To America: Compaq's European Star
Information Processing COMING TO AMERICA: COMPAQ'S EUROPEAN STAR Things in the personal computer business sure change fast. In October, when ...