HP jetdirect 2552B and HP 1600cm printer config/update issues

I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web
jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it
will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How Can I
recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a 192.168.0.1....
network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it.

Thanks for the help,

ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is attached
to.

0
jmatthews (7)
8/24/2004 3:52:42 AM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...

> I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web
> jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it
> will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How Can I
> recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a 192.168.0.1....
> network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is attached
> to.

Hello, Jack,

have you already tried flashing it again?

--
mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards
Christian D�rrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin

I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
Samwise
0
cduerr (198)
8/24/2004 5:02:51 PM
Yes I did try but it cannot communicate on the net now.
"Christian D�rrhauer" <cduerr@geog.fu-berlin.de> wrote in message
> On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...
>
> > I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web
> > jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it
> > will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How
Can I
> > recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a
192.168.0.1....
> > network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it.
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> >
> > ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is
attached
> > to.
>
> Hello, Jack,
>
> have you already tried flashing it again?
>
> --
> mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards
> Christian D�rrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
>
> I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
> Samwise

0
jmatthews (7)
8/24/2004 7:02:35 PM
On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...

>> have you already tried flashing it again?

> Yes I did try but it cannot communicate on the net now.

Can you set the IP manually?

--
mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards
Christian D�rrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin

I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
Samwise
0
cduerr (198)
8/24/2004 9:21:38 PM
No but I did a reset and it seems to have a new ip still checking. even
though I have a seeming new Ip the update did not complete using hp download
mananger
> On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...
>
> >> have you already tried flashing it again?
>
> > Yes I did try but it cannot communicate on the net now.
>
> Can you set the IP manually?
>
> --
> mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards
> Christian D�rrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
>
> I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
> Samwise

0
jmatthews (7)
8/24/2004 10:42:01 PM
Doesn't Web JetAdmin allow you to select the JetDirect to configure according to
its MAC address, like the older Install Network Printer Wizard?  If not,
download, install and try Install Network Printer Wizard.  It may get you out of
the bind you are in.

Install Network Printer Wizard gives the options to scan (search?) for the
JetDirect and also to select it without scanning for it by entering a MAC
address, an existing IP address, and some other options which I forget 'cause I
never use them... Ben Myers

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:42:01 -0600, "Jack Matthews" <jmatthews@t-graphic.com>
wrote:

>No but I did a reset and it seems to have a new ip still checking. even
>though I have a seeming new Ip the update did not complete using hp download
>mananger
>"Christian D�rrhauer" <cduerr@geog.fu-berlin.de> wrote in message
>> On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...

>> > Yes I did try but it cannot communicate on the net now.
>>
>> Can you set the IP manually?
>>
>> --
>> mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards
>> Christian D�rrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
>>
>> I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
>> Samwise

0
ben_myers_spam_me_no

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Astech Hardcase for HP 32SII, HP 42S, HP 22S, HP 32S, HP 17BII, PIONEER SERIES
Just got some brand new Astech Industries hardcases. Email iqbal@tstt.net.tt for further information. Ideal hardcase for protecting your pioneer series calculator. ...

HP 38G HP 39G HP 40G
Ho una calcolatrice HP 40G ma non riesco a trovare i programmi che mi servono. Uso qualche programma della HP 38G che converto per la HP 39/40G Avete programmi per statistica e matematica? Come posso inserire dei file di testo nella calcolatrice? Grazie Per risposte in privato TOGLIQUESTOcezanne76@tiscali.itTOGLIQUESTO ...

[...]

HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G Pinout Question...
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row connector, 2mm headers? Also if yes above, do any other HP calculators have the same pinouts as above? Thanx. Therese wrote: > Can anyone please tell me if the HP 38G, HP 39G, HP 40G and HP 49G (not G+) > have the same pinout? Also do they all use the same ten pin double row > connector, 2mm headers? I know these calculators have the same hardware (apart from memory), then they have the same pinout. I know at least ...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

Problem while performing StretchBlt on HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050
Our application uses Windows GDI library to perform rendering and display of data/output onto the devices such as Screen and Printer. While I am trying to print the data onto a series of printers (HP 1010, HP 1018, HP 1020 and HP 3050) I am facing a typical problem. Explaination ------------------ 1. Appropriate DC for the intended device is created [Printer DC created for a selected printer in this case] 2. The data is displayed onto the identified position onto the DC The details of data (fields) to be displayed and their position onto the DC is calculated before the prin...

HP HP Compaq
Hello My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270 SmallFormFactors. Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea to replace the Dell=92s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP offered new and old. I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant, Pavillion and so forth. To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300 Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With Hp the sales are generously scattered from one HP site to another HP site. I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? What I need to know so I can present to management should we consider buying be it used, refurbished, new for our business workstations HP or HP Compaq. I have studied the specs on all models and I see the progressive evolution. Xp to Vista to Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The intel core, memory, sata drives. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks In article <2b0098dd-8393-4021-a90d-2a2d602ca84e@ih1g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, Chuck McReynolds <ambcsc.archives@gmail.com> wrote: > I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company? Compaq is a brand held by HP these days. -- May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina We are but a moment's sunlight, fading in the grass. - The Youngbloods Those who eat natural foods die...

How to force HP jetdirect 310x to work with HP jetdirect connectivity card
Hello! I'm trying to make those two things work together (J6038A with J4135A). But J4135A says: USB NOT CONFIGURED. I asked technical support what is going on because separately both devices works fine. I asked if they gonna to work together. Thay said that it may work but it's officially unsupported. But I have not idea what should I do. I updated firmware but there is still the same problem. If anybody can help me I would be grateful. PS. Everything is connected to HP LaserJet 5500c. -- Piotrek petee@poczta.onet.pl ...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Tutorial exercises for hp 49g+, hp 48gii, hp 49g
Dear hp calculator users: I am in the process of putting together a set of tutorial exercises for the hp 49g+ and hp 48gii based on the hp 49g+ User's Guide. The tutorials are also useful for the hp 49g -- taking into account the lack of a HELP facility and the difference in the location of certain keys (EVAL, EQW, etc.) I am doing these exercises to promote the use of the hp calculators among my students at Utah State University. We meet twice a week after classes for that purpose. I have a web site where you can download the materials related to the tutorial exercises: http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/hp.htm The web site contains links to the User's Guides, quick reference materials, outlines of the tutorial exercises (with references to the User's Guide pages), and hp sub-directories with exercises that you can download to your calculator. So far, I've covered the materials in the first 6 chapters of the hp 49g+ User's Guide, and I plan to cover all of the chapters by April 21, i.e., one week before the end of the Spring Semester here at USU. I hope you find these materials useful. Sincerely, Gilberto E. Urroz, Ph.D., P.E. Associate Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering & Utah Water Research Laboratory Utah State University Logan, Utah 84322-4110 http://www.engineering.usu.edu/cee/faculty/gurro/ This is great ! Many thank's ! "Gilberto Urroz" <gurro@cc.usu.edu> a �crit dans le...

HP JetDirect 500x and HP DeskJet 950c
Hello, I am having a problem configuring the devices mentioned in the subject line of this thread. I am attempting to connect and configure a DJ 950c to work with an existing JD 500x. The JD 500x works fine with a HP LJ 2100 which is connected to the first port. When I connect the DJ 950c to the second or third port and look at the web-based interface for the JD it shows up fine with the model number (of both the LJ and the DJ Im trying to add), but it states "Status: Off-Line" for the DJ. I have tried power cycling the JD twice. I have not done a cold-reset because I would like to avoid reconfiguring the JD. The printer and cables work fine on another computer. I have not found anything to indicate that the DJ 950c is not compatible with the JD 500x (but I could be wrong). The firmware version of the JD 500x is J.08.20. I have not attempted to upgrade the firmware because I would like to see if there are other options and also I do not know how to upgrade the firmware. I am hoping that someone can possible provide me with some insight or give me some sort of lead. Thank you very much for the help in advance. Regards, Michael On the seventh day, michaelcaha@gmail.com wrote... > Hello, > > I am having a problem configuring the devices mentioned in the subject > line of this thread. I am attempting to connect and configure a DJ > 950c to work with an existing JD 500x. The JD 500x works fine with a > HP LJ 2100 which is connected to the first ...

HP JetDirect 500x and HP DeskJet 950c
Hello, I am having a problem configuring the devices mentioned in the subject line of this thread. I am attempting to connect and configure a DJ 950c to work with an existing JD 500x. The JD 500x works fine with a HP LJ 2100 which is connected to the first port. When I connect the DJ 950c to the second or third port and look at the web-based interface for the JD it shows up fine with the model number (of both the LJ and the DJ I am trying to add), but it states "Status: Off-Line" for the DJ. I have tried power cycling the JD twice. I have not done a cold-reset because I...

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

HP Jetdirect 620N in HP-LJ 2100m
Hi everybody! I am currently trying to get a Jetdirect 620N card working in my old Hp-LJ 2100m printer, which should be compatible to the card, as far as the HP customer service is concerned. However, after inserting the card, the status sheet still says "EIO slot EMPTY". I tried the same card in an HP-LJ 2200 printer, where it was working instantly. Has anyone encountered that problem before or does anyone have a clue, what I am doing wrong? How can I get the card working? Thanks for any advice whatsoever! Mat Mathias Brandt <mcbrandt@gmx.de> wrote: > I am currently trying to get a Jetdirect 620N card working in my old > Hp-LJ 2100m printer, which should be compatible to the card, as far as > the HP customer service is concerned. > However, after inserting the card, the status sheet still says "EIO slot > EMPTY". I tried the same card in an HP-LJ 2200 printer, where it was > working instantly. > Has anyone encountered that problem before or does anyone have a clue, > what I am doing wrong? How can I get the card working? > Thanks for any advice whatsoever! Sorry, I don't have any advice for you--just a bit of information. I also have a 2100M. About three years ago I added an internal JetDirect. At that time it was called the 600n and there were several flavours; the one I got is the J3113A, which has an rj-45 for 10/100 bT. It has worked fine since the day I put it in. Hei--I just thought of somethin...

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

** wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals
wanted HP 150, HP 125 microcomputers also need hp 2645, 2640, 2644 or other old HP terminals Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC Please check our web site at http://www.smecc.org to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us. address: coury house / smecc 5802 w palmaire ave glendale az 85301 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

Good non HP ink replacement for HP Vivera ( HP A168 )
I have a HP A618 compact printer which uses just a single 3 colour 5.5ml cartridge, the ink is stated as Vivera. The cartridge number is HP 110 (CB304AE) I have refilled the cartridge using JetTec universal ink which seems to give acceptable results, but wondered if anyone can suggest anything better? For anyone wanting to refill these carts, the colours are as below on the top of the cart, with 'Y' being nearest the front (electrical contact) end. If you remove the sticker on top of the cart, it exposes the holes for the ink, (no drilling needed). After refilling, ...

Choose box on the HP 49G+ like HP 39G or HP 38G
Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box function and/or how I can draw one? Thank you for your help Best Regards jajacom "jajacom" <jajacom@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:40b39978$0$7698$636a15ce@news.free.fr... > Do you know if the HP 49G+ integrate a choose box like the HP 39G choose box > function and/or how I can draw one? X If you ask about a two level CHOOSE like in the HP 38/39/40 then this is a feature I've asked from JYA many times )-: [VPN] ...

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

Web resources about - HP jetdirect 2552B and HP 1600cm printer config/update issues - comp.sys.hp.hardware

JetDirect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The "Jetdirect" designation covers a range of models from the external 1 and 3 port parallel print servers known as the 300x and 500x, to the ...

HP JetDirect, 1200w Offer Secure, Driverless Mobile Printing
Hewlett-Packard's new enterprise scanners and single- and multi-function printers are designed to make it simple for mobile workers and contractors ...

Good Gear Guide
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

legal - PC World Australia
Your guide to the best in tech.

Aaron Greenspan :: Writing :: Petitioning Rube Goldberg's Supreme Court
Most of us—even those of us who studiously avoid reading newspapers, who have no lawyers in the family, who don't care about politics, and who ...

Lantronix xPrintServer makes every network printer AirPrint-ready
Want AirPrint capabilities but don't want to part with your current printer? …

Vendor codes
Ethernet hardware addresses are 48 bits, expressed as 12 hexadecimaldigits (0-9, plus A-F, capitalized). These 12 hex digits consist of thefirst/left ...

A- Computer, Telephony and Electronics Glossary and Dictionary
Computer, Telephony and Electronics Glossary and Dictionary - CSGNetwork.Com's award winning online glossary of computer, telephony and electronics ...

Printers join fray in network vulnerability landscape
... network," Howard said in a blog post . Earlier this month, Sebastian Guerrero, a researcher at viaForensics, found vulnerabilities in JetDirect ...

Business products - HP Small and Medium Business
products, desktops, workstations, HP, PCs, Compaq, thin, clients, mobile, notebook, laptop, handhelds, calculators, monitors, projectors, printing, ...