HP OfficeJet 6210/7210/PSC 750 printers & Windows Server 2003 w/Terminal Services

Greetings,

I'm trying to help a client setup a Windows Server 2003 platform to
host their application to support their furniture stores. One store has
a HP OfficeJet 6210, the other has an OfficeJet 7210 printer. I am
attempting to setup support for each store so they can use Terminal
Services/Remote Desktop into the server to use their application, yet
still have the ability to print to their local HP OfficeJet printers.
I'm finding out that Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services is not
picking up their printers when logging into via Remote Desktop, and my
attempts to add the appropriate drivers on the server have been less
than successful.

Based on my reasearch on the internet, it appears that HP does not
produce drivers for "Server" based platforms for consumer level inkjet
printers (Nevermind the "Office" part of the "OfficeJet" name). The
store with the OfficeJet 7210 is running Windows XP Professional and
the store with the OfficeJet 6210 is running Windows XP Home. Their
respective pritners are installed locally and work just fine. How do I
get these HP printers to cooperate with Terminal Services under Windows
Server 2003?

The client is also wanting to be able to access their application from
home as well, and they have an DeskJet 450 & PSC 750 All-in-one
printer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
Daniel

0
devans14 (10)
4/30/2006 3:29:44 AM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

If this helps, it only needs to print to the local printers. None of
the additional features such as faxing, scanning, etc, are needed for
this setup. If somebody happens to know of a another printer driver
that will do the job, that would be a big help.

Thank you
Daniel

0
devans14 (10)
4/30/2006 3:46:29 AM
Daniel,

Most HP inkjet printers use some variation of HP's Printer Control Language,
which has evolved over the years.  You should be able to install drivers from an
earlier inkjet like the DeskJet 600c, and print successfully with the newer
PSCs.   I've done this under other versions of Windows.  I suspect it will work
just fine under Server 2003.

It is very annoying that HP places some serious technical limitations on its
products for its own marketing reasons, without any consideration of its
customers.   This all started before Carly, and the latest ruler, Hurd, seems
not to want to fix it... Ben Myers

On 29 Apr 2006 20:46:29 -0700, "Daniel" <devans14@gmail.com> wrote:

>If this helps, it only needs to print to the local printers. None of
>the additional features such as faxing, scanning, etc, are needed for
>this setup. If somebody happens to know of a another printer driver
>that will do the job, that would be a big help.
>
>Thank you
>Daniel

0
Ben
4/30/2006 10:46:03 AM
Daniel wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to help a client setup a Windows Server 2003 platform to
> host their application to support their furniture stores. One store has
> a HP OfficeJet 6210, the other has an OfficeJet 7210 printer. I am
> attempting to setup support for each store so they can use Terminal
> Services/Remote Desktop into the server to use their application, yet
> still have the ability to print to their local HP OfficeJet printers.
> I'm finding out that Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services is not
> picking up their printers when logging into via Remote Desktop, and my
> attempts to add the appropriate drivers on the server have been less
> than successful.
>
> Based on my reasearch on the internet, it appears that HP does not
> produce drivers for "Server" based platforms for consumer level inkjet
> printers (Nevermind the "Office" part of the "OfficeJet" name). The
> store with the OfficeJet 7210 is running Windows XP Professional and
> the store with the OfficeJet 6210 is running Windows XP Home. Their
> respective pritners are installed locally and work just fine. How do I
> get these HP printers to cooperate with Terminal Services under Windows
> Server 2003?
>
> The client is also wanting to be able to access their application from
> home as well, and they have an DeskJet 450 & PSC 750 All-in-one
> printer.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you
> Daniel

If I understand correctly, you are running the application on the server
that is remote from the user and want to use the local printers. Since you
are using Remote Desktop the printers need to be visible to the Windows
2003 box.

I assume these are all on the same network. Is this correct? If so, I see
two possibilities.

1) Share out the printers from the local PCs and install them as remote
printers as seen by the 2003 PC.

2) Buy a JetDirect print server for the 6210 and put the printers on the
network. (7210 has networking built in.) (You may not have the full
functionality with the 6210 on the network.) This way, both printers may be
seen by the 2003 Server.

Refer to this link.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=391153&lang=en&docname=bpu04830

Hope this helps.

craigm

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=391153&lang=en&docname=bpu04830
0
none6762 (192)
4/30/2006 1:04:07 PM
I ended up adding a Deskjet 990C printer and mapping in to the USB port
used by the original drivers and it worked for both of the Officejet
printers. Obviously it won't have all the features of the proper
drivers, but it will do plain old printing just fine. The only problem
I had after that is their software had issue with the printer names
being longer than 31 characters. Renaming the printers and computers
did the trick and everything appears to be working just fine now.

Thank you everybody.
Daniel

0
devans14 (10)

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

HP Officejet 9130 on Windows Server 2003
I'm trying to install HP Officejet 9130 printer in Windows Server 2003. I put the cd in but the setup program tells me to install the printer via the standard Windows' Printers wizard. I do this and the setup seems to finish successfully, the icon of the printer is in the Printers folder but when I try to use it the system tells me that no printer is currently installed. When I try to click with the right mouse button on the printer icon to open the Properties dialogue box, nothing happens. Nothing happens trying to share the printer. It seems a "fake" icon :-D. What shall I do? Thanks very much. Alex ...

HP Officejet 5510 and Windows Server 2003
I know that officially HP does not support the 5510 (or other Officejet printers) on the Windows Server 2003 OS. However, using the downloadable limited install I have been able to get it to work (for printing only...which is what I care about)on a test system. Before I do this on a production system I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this configuration? Also, is there a way to just install the driver and absolutely no other HP software? Thanks! <hberenson@predictableit.com> wrote in message news:1115152100.041199.199570@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I know that officially HP does not support the 5510 (or other Officejet > printers) on the Windows Server 2003 OS. However, using the > downloadable limited install I have been able to get it to work (for > printing only...which is what I care about)on a test system. Before I > do this on a production system I was wondering if anyone else has > experience with this configuration? Also, is there a way to just > install the driver and absolutely no other HP software? You could use a compatible printer driver. See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=c00302767&lc=en#N1001B for a list of printer drivers compatible with various Officejet and PSC units. The Officejet 5510 series does not support PCL; you may have better luck with the printers in the table that have note (1) attached as they all support PCL in so...

HP PSC 950 under Windows Server 2003?
Hi! Has anyone got the HP-PrintCenter program to work under Win Server 2003? I don't really want to buy a new printer for my small home-network, so it would be nice if anyone knows how to get the extra functions to work. Printing is not a problem, but scannning and using the MemoryCrad slots I really need the HP PrintCenter for... olli ...

HP Officejet 9130 on Windows Server 2003
I'm trying to install HP Officejet 9130 printer in Windows Server 2003. I put the cd in but the setup program tells me to install the printer via the standard Windows' Printers wizard. I do this and the setup seems to finish successfully, the icon of the printer is in the Printers folder but when I try to use it the system tells me that no printer is currently installed. When I try to click with the right mouse button on the printer icon to open the Properties dialogue box, nothing happens. Nothing happens trying to share the printer. It seems a "fake" icon :-D. What ...

hp
I have - hope sometime not so long ago, to say: "I had" - an hp pavillion zv5290ea. Some time - 8 months ( could you beleive it? ) - my dvd drive has gone away. I've done a million of calls to hp support center and they didn't change my drive neither wanted to see it. I also have a hp printer, that does not work well, it always has printing problems. A friend of mine told me that hp is going to be splited again into hp and compaq. Could this be true? ...

Re: HP Photosmart Hp psc 1200,1210 & many more. all-in-one Driver For Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Hp psc 1200,1210,1205,1110,2210,2105,2110,2115,2150,2170,2175 all-in-one Driver 2.1.0 For Windows 98/ME/2000/XP ...

<Plug> Hewlett-Packard MPE/iX & HP-UX Servers and peripherals (Buy & Sell
We at Cypress Technology would like to take this opportunity to reintroduce ourselves to you and any new members of your organization. As a friendly reminder, Cypress Technology was established to provide our clients with the best values on Hewlett Packard HP-UX & MPE/iX systems and all related peripherals. If you are searching for any Hewlett-Packard hardware at this time or looking to upgrade an existing server or workstation, let me know and I can give a competitive price quotation for your needs. Feel free to call or email if you have any HP hardware that you wish to sel...

<Plug> HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & HP 9000 (HP-UX) Server
Below is a pricing guide of internal disk drives for most of the HP e3000 & HP 9000 server line. Feel free to email if you have any questions or want pricing but do not see your HP server listed. All disks have a one-year warranty & include mounting hardware.=20 HP e3000 (MPE/iX) & 9000 (HP-UX) Server - Internal Disk Drives HP e3000 - A & N Class MPE/iX Servers HP 9000 - rp74xx, rp54xx, rp24xx, N4000, A500, & L2000 Class HP-UX Servers=20 36GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $160.00 73GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI Disk Drive - $275.00 146GB Hot Plug Ultra2 SCSI D...

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft software office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, Polycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM &
We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft softwar= e office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, P= olycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM & MORE =20 We buy all major manufacturer's products including Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, = Brocade, Extreme, Futjisu, IBM, Dell,Hp and more. Email craig.softnet@gmai= l.com with what you have to sell. =20 We are especially interested in Cisco routers and switches listed below: W= e buy used and new. We also buy equipment not on the list, please feel free= to contact ...

We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft software office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, Polycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM &
We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft softwar= e office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, P= olycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM & MORE =20 We buy all major manufacturer's products including Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, = Brocade, Extreme, Futjisu, IBM, Dell,Hp and more. Email craig.softnet@gmai= l.com with what you have to sell. We are especially interested in Cisco routers and switches listed below: W= e buy used and new. We also buy equipment not on the list, please feel free= to contact me fo...

We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft software office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, Polycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM &
We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft softwar= e office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, P= olycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM & MORE =20 We buy all major manufacturer's products including Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, = Brocade, Extreme, Futjisu, IBM, Dell,Hp and more. Email craig.softnet@gmai= l.com with what you have to sell. We are especially interested in Cisco routers and switches listed below: W= e buy used and new. We also buy equipment not on the list, please feel free= to contact me for an offer. =20 We buy used and new Cisco equipment. We buy small and large quantities.=20 Cisco Switches Cisco Routers Cisco IP Phones Cisco Transceivers Cisco Security Firewalls Cisco Modules Cisco Accessories I am buying all of the below Cisco equipment listed. I also buy other Cisco= equipment that is not listed. I also buy high end Juniper, Brocade, IBM, H= P, Extreme, Polycom, Avaya, Nortel, Lucent and lots more. WS-C3750G-48PS-S WS-X6704-10GE WS-X6708-10G-3C VS-S720-10G-3C VS-S720-10G-3CXL WS-X6148A-GE-45AF WS-X6748-SFP WS-X6724-SFP WS-X45SUP6-E Cisco7606 RSP720-3CXL-GE WS-C3560G-24PS-S WS-C3560G-48PS-S WS-C3560G-24TS-S WS-C3560G-48TS-S WS-C3750G-12S-S WS-C3750G-24PS-S WS-C3750G-48PS-S WS-C3750G-24TS-S WS-C3750G-48TS-S WS-C3560G-48PS-S WS-SVC-FWM-1-K9 ASA5510-BUN-K9 ASA5520-BUN-K9 ASA's ( 5510, 5520, 5540, 5550) WS-C3560G Any flavor WS...

We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft software office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, Polycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM & M
We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft software= office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, Pol= ycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM & MORE We buy all major manufacturer's products including Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, = Brocade, Extreme, Futjisu, IBM, Dell,Hp and more. Email craig.softnet@gmail= ..com with what you have to sell. We are especially interested in Cisco routers and switches listed below: We= buy used and new. We also buy equipment not on the list, please feel free = to contact me for an o...

[...]

We buy used & new networking & telecom equipment. We buy Microsoft software= office, windows, server. We buy Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Lucent, Avaya, Pol= ycom, Brocade, Extreme, Foundry, Dell, HP, IBM & MORE We buy all major manufacturer's products including Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, = Brocade, Extreme, Futjisu, IBM, Dell,Hp and more. Email buyer.networksoftwa= re@gmail.com with what you have to sell. We are especially interested in Cisco routers and switches listed below: We= buy used and new. We also buy equipment not on the list, please feel free = to contact me f...

HP Officejet d145 & HP Laserjet 1300 on Same System
Is anyone using the d145 and the 1300 printers on the same system system (stand alone system)? I'm wondering if there are conflicts between the two being on the same system (I've read that the d145 has conflicts with some other HP printers being on the same system). They would run under Windows XP. Thanks Charlie ****************************************************** Charliec NOTE: Remove "NOSPAM" to respond via Email ...

HP PSC 1210 or HP PSC 2110
Hello can anyone help me I want to buy a printer, 2 have caught my eye the HP PCS 1210 and the HP PCS 2110, they both are simular (I think) apart for the �30 difference in price. So could tell me which one is the best any why? Thank you. In article <bv1092$pgb$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>, keith@firbeckbc.fsnet.co.uk says... > Hello can anyone help me I want to buy a printer, 2 have caught my eye the > HP PCS 1210 and the HP PCS 2110, they both are simular (I think) apart for > the �30 difference in price. > > So could tell me which one is the best any why? > > Thank you. > > > I have HP 750XI and my brother in law has the 2110 - I think mine prints photos just as good or better as his. Most HP printers give excellent photo printing so pick whichever has the features you want and go with it. -- Cheers! Pepper's Mum "Keith Hampson" <keith@firbeckbc.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:bv1092$pgb$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hello can anyone help me I want to buy a printer, 2 have caught my eye the > HP PCS 1210 and the HP PCS 2110, they both are simular (I think) apart for > the �30 difference in price. The 2110 has a better scanner and a more robust paper handling. The 2110 ships with the #56 and #57 cartridges, while the 1210 ships with the #56 black but the smaller capacity #28 color cartridge (although it will support the #57 color cartridge). The 2110 can ...

HP Officejet 7140 with Windows 2003?
Hello, I would like the driver often commodity for the 7140 under Windows 2003 to install. Unfortunately the Setupsoftware announces that an installation under Windows is not supported 2003 and breaks off. I have it created the printer driver to install nevertheless now (over drivers to select somehow and * the inf indicate). Now however gladly the complete software under 2003 would use. According to HP support there is no possibility here. I cannot introduce myself however. Nevertheless certainly only one inquiry is in the Setup. Does it have to install someone created the driver under 2003? Are for everyone tap gratefully. Greeting Bernd ...

Windows 2003 Server on HP Pavillion7695
Hi, I�ve installed Windows 2003 Server in a HP Pavillion 7695 to test it. It share the disk with Windows Xp Pro. I�ve surprised when I realised that I cant�t enter in the BIOS program. It seems to be that W2003 turn on the password option but HP Pavillion 7695 doen�t have this feature, also It disable the flopy and CDRoom start up option. Now I can�t go into the BIOS and the computer secuence start up is only from tha hard disk having a terrible risk in case I need to start up from flopy disk unit o CDRoom. What can I do? Once again my pioiner spirit is making me troubles ...

HP Officejet d145 & HP Laserjet 1300 on Same System?
Is anyone using the d145 and the 1300 printers on the same system system (stand alone system)? I'm wondering if there are conflicts between the two being on the same system (I've read that the d145 has conflicts with some other HP printers being on the same system). They would run under Windows XP. Thanks Charlie ****************************************************** Charliec NOTE: Remove "NOSPAM" to respond via Email ...

Hewlett-Packard series 9000 HP-UX & e3000 MPE/iX Servers, Workstations, & Peripherals, and Service
SALE SALE SALE SALE CALL OR EMAIL FOR THIS MONTHS BIG SAVING LARGE INVENTORY MUST MOVE Cypress Technology was established to provide our customers with the best values on Hewlett Packard 9000 / Itanium (HP-UX) and e3000 (MPE/iX) hardware & related peripherals available. If you are searching for any HP hardware at this time, let us know and we can give a competitive price quotation. We sell the entire lines of HP 9000, 3000, & Itanium hardware & related peripherals. On the following links you will find our February ...

Hewlett-Packard series 9000 HP-UX & e3000 MPE/iX Servers, Workstations, & Peripherals, and Service #2
SALE SALE SALE SALE CALL OR EMAIL FOR THIS MONTHS BIG SAVINGS LARGE INVENTORY MUST MOVE Cypress Technology was established to provide our customers with the best values on Hewlett Packard 9000 / Itanium (HP-UX) and e3000 (MPE/iX) hardware & related peripherals available. If you are searching for any HP hardware at this time, let us know and we can give a competitive price quotation. We sell the entire lines of HP 9000, 3000, & Itanium hardware & relat...

FA: HP 48G & HP 32S II both w/cases
For auction: HP 48G Graphing calculator - http://cgi.ebay.com/Hewlett-Packard-HP-48G-Graphing-Calculator-w-case_W0QQitemZ140002976917QQihZ004QQcategoryZ50577QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem HP 32S II Scientific calculator - http://cgi.ebay.com/Hewlett-Packard-32S-II-Scientific-Calculator-w-case_W0QQitemZ140003300764QQihZ004QQcategoryZ58039QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem thanks, CTV ...

Web resources about - HP OfficeJet 6210/7210/PSC 750 printers & Windows Server 2003 w/Terminal Services - comp.sys.hp.hardware

YouTube - Ubuntu 12.04 : Simple Scan [HP Officejet 4500 Desktop]
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

HP's OfficeJet Pro 276dw is a worthy inkjet alternative to small-office lasers
... is faster and cheaper to operate than a comparably prices laser product in the sub-$500 space. A good place to start is with HP's $400 OfficeJet ...

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One
If you can find a desk to accommodate its large size, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus all-in-one printer serves up top-shelf output quality at ...

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One
Compare prices on HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Multifunction Devices from trusted, CNET-certified online merchants at CNET Marketplace ...

HP’s Officejet 8600: Really cheaper than laser?
Yes. And no. Rated at 1.6 cents per page, HP's Officejet 8600 series all-in-one inkjet printers could cost less to operate than a monochrome ...

HP unveils OfficeJet Pro X, Pro 276dw printer lines
Hewlett Packard today announced the worldwide release of the new HP Officejet Pro X, which is, according to the Guinness World Records, the worldís ...

HP introduces Officejet 150 all-in-one mobile printer, Photosmart 5220
... and portable printers , but a combination of the two has been slow in coming. Well, the mobile all-in-one has finally arrived. HP's new Officejet ...

HP OfficeJet Pro, LaserJet Printers Aimed at Small Businesses
HP’s OfficeJet and LaserJet printers offer small businesses productivity and mobile workforce features that allow printing from smartphones and ...

HP Officejet 150: Expensive Shoebox-Size Scanning And Printing
Hewlett-Packard's new inkjet printer and sheetfed scanner combo is smaller than a shoebox, making it a good choice for small offices or people ...

Officejet 6500A E710N Multifunction Printer
Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-In-One Printer also offers faxing, scanning, copying, duplex printing, and printing from a mobile device, using HP ...