HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer

I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason
this printer also is set to be my default printer.  When I try to
change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will
show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and
connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over
as the default printer.  Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not
to take control of being my default printer?

0
aramosjr1 (1)
1/9/2007 7:56:37 AM
comp.sys.hp.hardware 5412 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

FC3 : HP Printer Drivers For HP PSC 1610
Hi people , I have recently purchased a HP PSC-1610 all in one printer , scanner and copier and I have it installed on my Win 98 box and it works good. I also have a FC3 box connected to the Win 98 box and I want to use the HP printer from the FC3 as a networked printer and I am unsure about which driver to install on the FC3 box. The two drivers that I have downloaded are HPIJS HPLIP From the Linux Printing web page http://www.linuxprinting.org/ it says that the HPIJS is the one to use for basic printing functionality and the HPLIP is the driver for full functionality , IE ...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any / all suggestions and trouble-shooting tips are appreciated! TIA! -- Dave ...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

Problem With Default Settings For HP 8250 Printer
Hi, I suddenly have a problem that I never had before. I am running Windows XP Pro , and my printer is an HP Photosmart 8250. It is an older model, which I keep for its 6-ink setup that gives superb color for my pictures. My standard default setting is for letter size paper (8.5 x 11"), and portrait (vertical) orientation. In the past, when I printed something in another size or orientation, and the computer was shut down and then restarted, the printer reverted to the letter size and portrait orientation. Now however, it stays at 5x7" size and landscape orientat...

HP psc 2210 printer settings gone !
x-no-archive: yes I had been happily printing away .. no problems..and was starting to print another item in color..and out came the copy in all black :( .. I went to set my settings to Color and no matter what I do.. I can not get the 'settings' to come up.. I get everything else..but NO settings. Even tried other apps than HP 'Director" ie.. PhotoDeluxe etc and no app will bring them up . any suggestions ? and does you printer make as much noise and just make everything on the PC table shake ? thanx ...

Help - Printer Jobs Slow to Printer
Greetings! I have two printers connected through a Model F5U224, 4 port Belkin USB 2.0 Hub, to the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Printer 1: HP PSC 1210. Printer 2: Cannon i560s. Recently the HP 1210 has begun to take several minutes for a print job to begin printing. The Cannon i560s has not been affected at all, and all types of print jobs, (Web pages, spreadsheet, documents, photos), spool up and begin printing immediately. At first I thought it might be related to the recent installation of AV software, but dismissed that idea because the slowdown is only with the HP printer. Compaq Presario S3200NX 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM Any / all suggestions and trouble-shooting tips are appreciated! TIA! -- Dave ...

Printer addendum for HP printer

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

Can't set up the HP Printer on DSL Box on the Shared Printer port...
Hi Group, Maybe wrong group, but there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I feel a bit of a berk that I can't repeat on my own machine but I did on the girlfriends! We have a Draytek Wireless G router and it's got a USB port on the back to enable 'network printing'. We've both got Windows XP and I'm going bonkers. The driver is installed on my machine, and the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 (which is the printer). I've added a TCP\IP port in the Ports Tab, and ticked it. When I unplug the printer locally from the USB and plonk it in the router, the pri...

Replacement Parts HP AC/dc ADAPTER 0957-2144 for All-in-one HP PSC 2355 printer
Replacement Parts Services Inquiry HP AC/dc ADAPTER 0957-2144 for All-in-one HP PSC 2355 printer. I tried the HP directly but from them I got only useless links. Any suggestion as to where it's possible to get it will be appreciated. TIA McCorkindale wrote: > Replacement Parts Services Inquiry HP AC/dc ADAPTER 0957-2144 > for All-in-one HP PSC 2355 printer. I tried the HP directly but from > them I got only useless links. Any suggestion as to where it's > possible to get it will be appreciated. > > TIA eBay ~$16.00 "Fr...

HP printer vs. Canon printer

new hp pcl printers not compat with hp?
we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with dos app/pcl dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later sends page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has strange timeout if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer resets previously downloaded fonts to default font, so successive pages became useless is there some pjl setting to remove this timeout [i've already seen few posts people canceled their new hp printer purchase by the reason they are not compatible with old pcl5 style] any suggestion? Have you tried PCL <Esc>*c5F command to designate the just downloaded font as 'permanent'? Just a thought... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D On Mar 19, 1:28=A0pm, "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 we have few hp1200, hp1015 and hp1160 printers working with do= s > app/pcl > =A0 =A0 =A0 dos app prepares pcl font, sends it to the printer, and later = sends > page by page of clear text, it works nice with old printers > =A0 =A0 =A0 new hp2014 is also very nice lpt pcl5 printer, but it has stra= nge > timeout > =A0 =A0 =A0 if next page is not sent inside few seconds interval, printer = resets > previously ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

HP Photo Printers and HP 7410 Cartridges
Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? Yes You get far more natural colors skin tones the #58 is well worth it "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between > the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > "John" <john.boyzo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cojvlf$o5f$1@possum.melbpc.org.au... > "Mark Rosenbaum" <mhrose8989@bellsouth.net> wrote in message > news:zj7rd.76310$jE2.7685@bignews4.bellsouth.net... >> Was wondering if anyone has really seen an appreciable difference between >> the HP 7410 regular tri-color cartridge and the photo tri-cartridge? > Yes > You get far more natural colors skin tones > the #58 is well worth it The Officejet 7410 uses a new series of cartridges. In the US the photo cartridge is a #99, and it replaces the black cartridge and works with the color cartridge. The #58 cartridge is not compatible with the Officejet 7410. The photo cartridge gives somewhat better graduations of tones, especially in light areas such as sky or faces. Regards, Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP ...

HP PSC 1410 printer
I have a problem with a HP PSC 1410 printer. Usually it prints well, but some times, it begin to print the document well, but it stop to print the document at 3/4 of it. What is happening? Best regards. Juan Bonet. ...

Setting up HP D2460 printer
Hi, I'm trying to set up my HP D2460 printer under FreeBSD 7.0 (RELEASE), but I cannot get it to work. I want to use lpr/lpd, not cups. Here's my set-up: hobbiton# cat /etc/printcap lp:\ :sh:\ :lp=/dev/ulpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\ :mx#0:if=/usr/local/bin/ifhp:\ :af=/etc/foomatic/HP-DeskJet_D2400-hpijs.ppd: According to linuxprinting.org the recommended driver for this device is hpijs, so I installed the port for that. The hpijs driver comes with a little input filter script that looks as follows (this is after some tweaks by me): hobbiton# cat /usr/local/bin/ifhp #!/bin/sh PATH=/usr/bin export PATH # Send a reset, then Treat LF as CR+LF: # printf "\033E\033&k2G" || exit 2 echo "Reset carried out..." # Read first line of the file to determine type of input # read first_line case "${first_line}" in \%\!*) # # PostScript input, so use ghostscript and hpijs # http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/printmodedescr.php#DJ9xxVIP # echo "PostScript. Printing now!" /usr/local/bin/gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dSAFER -r600x600 \ -sDEVICE=ijs -sIjsServer=/usr/local/bin/hpijs -dIjsUseOutputFD \ -sDeviceManufacturer="HEWLETT-PACKARD" -sDeviceModel="DESKJET 2400" \ -sIjsParams="Quality:Quality=0,Quality:ColorMode=2,Quality:MediaType=0,Quality:PenSet=2" \ -sOutputFile=- - &...

HP printers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CBB574.3B938AF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Total shit. =20 ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CBB574.3B938AF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD></HEAD> <BODY dir=3Dltr> <DIV dir=3Dltr> <DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> <DIV>Total shit.&nbsp; </DIV> ...

hp 906c printer - cannot install new driver
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan HP 960C My mistake "Alan" <moskowa1NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:YzEmf.6136$O05.5721@fe09.lga... >A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) >and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I >was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. >But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to >microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I >trie...

HP 3380 printer and HP toolbox installation on a small network
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help with an installation problem concerning an HP Laserjet 3380 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copier. We have a small Windows network of 5 PCs and have installed the 3380 as a network connected device by means of an HP Jetdirect 300X print server. 2 PCs in the office function correctly, using the HP toolbox (HTML based) software which enables the fax and scan-to-email functionality. 3 machines however fail to connect to the printer when Toolbox is run. The browser window shows a standard DNS error message "The page cannot be displayed". On the machines which don't work, the page the HP toolbox tries to connect with is "http://127.0.0.1:5225/ToolboxManager/deviceRegistry". This results in a DNS error. The machines that work also connect to the above page, which then redirects to: "http://127.0.0.1:5225/Toolbox2.7/controller/deviceMultiLineStatusDevice/169.254.204.149/DeviceContent.jsp?device=169.254.204.149&cat=0&pos=0" Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the software, but that just stopped the printing functionality from working, so I was in a worse state than before. Any ideas appreciated. ...

HP printers
hey everybody... anyone interested about HP printers security? Do you guys have any interesting paper about this subject ? I already got some, but so fucking public ones as Slobotron and so... thanks. Guilherme S. _Machado_ wrote: > hey everybody... anyone interested about HP printers security? > Do you guys have any interesting paper about this subject ? > > I already got some, but so fucking public ones as Slobotron and so... > > thanks. Would you please mind your language - this is a public newsgroup and obcenities are quite unnecessary! ...

hp printer
Hello i'm a newbie who just installed redhat 9 on my system yesterday. i'm trying to get my printer running. it's a hp psc 1210 all-in-one. USB connection. Under gnome print manager there is a printer, the queue is "printer" the type is locally-connected, dev/lp0 and dev/usb/lp0 are both listed. under printer manufacture and model hp psc 2210 are picked and the driver listed is HPIJS. when I print from any aplication the job does not show up in the queue. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

hp printer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050206050109020705010802 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello i'm a newbie who just installed redhat 9 on my system yesterday. i'm trying to get my printer running. it's a hp psc 1210 all-in-one. USB connection. Under gnome print manager there is a printer, the queue is "printer" the type is locally-connected, dev/lp0 and dev/usb/lp0 are both listed. under printer manufacture and model hp psc 2210 are picked and the driver listed is HPIJS. when I print from any aplication the job does not show up in the queue. Thanks in advance for any help. --------------050206050109020705010802 Content-Type: message/rfc822; name="hp printer" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; filename="hp printer" Path: edtnps82!newsfeed2.telusplanet.net!newsfeed.telus.net!edtnps84.POSTED!not-for-mail From: Ainsley Cipperley <acipperley@NOSPAMyahoo.com> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225 X-Accept-Language: en-us, en MIME-Version: 1.0 Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help Subject: hp printer Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Message-ID: <wha3b.64937$K44.48714@edtnps84> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:29:48 GMT NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.6.206.243 X-Trace: edtnps84 1062023388 207.6.206.243 (...

HP Printers
My trusty Laserjet Series II printer has just about failed on me. The silver coating has become damaged on the fuser roller and the machine no longer fully ejects a printed sheet without a little manual help to pull it out before a paper jam is reported. It has served me well, being bought 10 years ago for �UK10 (yes �10) from my previous employer, complete with brand new toner cartridge. I shall be sad to lose the old girl, BUT . . . I'm looking at buying a new Laserjet 1300 Series. Has anyone any experience of this particular machine or similar ones. Malcolm Webb ...

Web resources about - HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer - comp.sys.hp.hardware

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Recycled printer toner to be used in new road surface in Canberra
Recycled printer toner powder will be trialled in a new asphalt mix designed to reduce the ACT's carbon footprint.

You can trick a smartphone fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with a printer
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...

3D printer helps Chihuahua without front legs get around
Leo, a Chihuahua from California, may have been born without his front legs; but thanks to a prosthetic, that isn't slowing him down

Your 3D printer is telling people what it's making
The sounds of a 3D printer at work can be reverse engineered to reconstruct the original 3D model. It sounds cool, but there could be big implications ...